Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-19, 09:37   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, the prince really came in the first standard model. The other model is blonde, but looks mostly the same.
There's also an option with big pecs shown off with an open shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Is it just me or do the majority of those princes look almost the same?

The Prince reminds me of that one Archduke from the series where the girl's fiance wanted to kill her for money, so she made a deal with that Duke.

Then also the Emperor from 7th time
There's also a "joke" that those manhwas all use the same assets. Same castles, same teapots and so on.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-19, 20:06   Link #42
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There's also a "joke" that those manhwas all use the same assets. Same castles, same teapots and so on.
It definitely feels like they're all getting their assets from the same image library. I wonder if it's a part of whatever drawing program they're using.
Old 2024-01-20, 05:19   Link #43
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It definitely feels like they're all getting their assets from the same image library. I wonder if it's a part of whatever drawing program they're using.
From what I can tell, Korean artists have to buy their 3DCG assets from websites such as this one.
https://www.acon3d.com/en

There's this discussion here saying the artists have to pay out of their own pocket for the assets, the studio does not help them for the assets. So it is apparently common for those artists to reuse assets they have already bought over multiple works they are assigned to.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OtomeIsekai...manhwa_artist/

Someone from overseas tried to purchase a certain 3D castle asset that pops up across many RoFan webtoons, but the company refused the purchase on the excuse they couldn't process foreign purchases.
https://old.reddit.com/r/OtomeIsekai...e_nim_is_from/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-20, 13:16   Link #44
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
From what I can tell, Korean artists have to buy their 3DCG assets from websites such as this one.
https://www.acon3d.com/en

There's this discussion here saying the artists have to pay out of their own pocket for the assets, the studio does not help them for the assets. So it is apparently common for those artists to reuse assets they have already bought over multiple works they are assigned to.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OtomeIsekai...manhwa_artist/

Someone from overseas tried to purchase a certain 3D castle asset that pops up across many RoFan webtoons, but the company refused the purchase on the excuse they couldn't process foreign purchases.
https://old.reddit.com/r/OtomeIsekai...e_nim_is_from/
Nice, saving that link for later. I've definitely seen portions of "Castle-Nim" in some of the webcomics I read. And it looks like it's now on Acon3D.

I'm honestly not surprised they have to pay for their own assets, since they also have to pay for their own assistants if they want one.

While re-using the same assets might make things look a bit samey, I'm really just in it for the story.
Old 2024-01-21, 16:37   Link #45
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm immediately reminded of Claude from I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss and Noah from Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion .
That was the one I was thinking of, thanks.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 01:26   Link #46
magnuskn

As someone who has looked at a few more villainess manga/manhwa since the trend started, I can tell you that a lot more of those dark haired samey-looking princes are waiting for you in the future.
Old 2024-01-24, 10:02   Link #47
Frontier

"The Lady Saint" - I mean, this isn't the first time Yui Ishikawa has voiced a Saint .

Elise is excited to get to work on her medical license! Even going under an assumed name so she doesn't get special treatment! She wants to do this right...and avoid her doting big brother popping in unannoucned .

Oh hey, Yoshimasa Hosoya! Graham looks like a serious and surly type, and I can understand why he'd be so wary of some noblewoman showing up out of nowhere and thinking she's cut out to work in the medical professional, but even he can tell that Elise's resolve is genuine .

Elise, or "Rose," starting out in the sick ward, which is like the hardest place to start her off in...but she's not deterred! Even going on a cleaning montage with the other nurses to spruce the place up a bit! They initially judge her for her looks and clothes, but she's in the thick of it already .

I didn't expect she'd be doing her first surgery on day one, though. Good thing she still remembers her surgery skills even though her body is different and the surgery is a success. And then she goes on to treat the rest of the sick ward successfully !

Graham doesn't understand how Elise is so skilled, but he can't deny the results, so whether she's a genius prodigy or what...he's willing to apologize for prejudging her and commit to being her teacher. And now they're restarting their relationship off on the right foot !

And other results of Elise's involvement are bearing fruit, such as a better handle on politics by the kingdom and getting the kings' diabetes diagnosed. It's enough to make the king question whether he should have her be Empress, which he thinks is to the benefit of the kingdom, or let her continue to pursue being a doctor. But throwing Linden her way will definitely see something happen .
Old 2024-01-24, 20:52   Link #48
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Graham-sensei better not fall in love with "Rose." From the series artwork, it looks like Linden is the guy. I don't see many competitors, including Graham.

I assume insulin does not exist in this world. Will Elise "invent" it? Or will they try to manage the king's diabetes with just diet and exercise? If it only appeared in his later life, it's probably Type II.

I doubt most modern surgeons have been trained to concoct insulin from scratch, so even her 21st century medical knowledge probably has its limits. These days insulin is produced by genetic engineering, but back in 1921, commercial development relied on cow pancreases collected from slaughterhouses. We'll see if Elise goes that route.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2024-01-24 at 21:19.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 05:47   Link #49
EroKing

Metformin might be easier to make and likely the first thing to be prescribed compared to insulin. (Diabetes runs in my family)
Old 2024-01-25, 08:43   Link #50
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Much more plausible.

"Metformin and the related drug phenformin (the latter withdrawn from diabetes treatment in most countries because of side effects of lactic acidosis) are derived from galegine, a natural product from the plant Galega officinalis, used in herbal medicine in medieval Europe."

Elise will need to be careful, though, since "galegine was tested as a glucose-lowering agent in humans in the 1920s but was found to be too toxic."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5552828/
Old 2024-01-26, 22:30   Link #51
Rasty

^ I much more wonder how the hell the doctor is not confused by her diagnosing the female patient's illness as a bacterial pneumonia. I don't think that the existence of bacteria was ever confirmed (or even seriously considered) before the modern age.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 03:20   Link #52
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ I much more wonder how the hell the doctor is not confused by her diagnosing the female patient's illness as a bacterial pneumonia. I don't think that the existence of bacteria was ever confirmed (or even seriously considered) before the modern age.
Yeah, their microscope game must be pretty good for him to even know of the concept.
Old 2024-01-27, 08:42   Link #53
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I don't think that the existence of bacteria was ever confirmed (or even seriously considered) before the modern age.
Based on a quick search, the first time existence of bacteria was confirmed was around 1660-1680.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 22:05   Link #54
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Based on a quick search, the first time existence of bacteria was confirmed was around 1660-1680.
Which is the modern age. However, I guess it was never mentioned what the time period the other world corresponds to, but I was just guessing medieval by habit. If one looks at the hospital beds (iron/steel frames), lots of transparent glass usage, etc. the time period might actually match something like the 19th century.

Edit: I checked the only "war" scene we saw (the corpse of her brother), and while there is a sword/saber on him, there is a pretty modern-looking rifle in the corner (with a detachable magazine!), so I was completely wrong with ignoring the other details as minor mistakes and it really is something like 19-20th century technology. The show now makes much more sense to me.

Last edited by Rasty; 2024-01-27 at 22:21.
Old 2024-01-27, 23:00   Link #55
Greenish Growth

I think of it as being the 1850s with some things being ahead of that time period and some things being behind because of the fantasy settings of the story.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 13:23   Link #56
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I need to watch it again. I placed the setting around 1700 but didn't notice background details like the rifle. Elise's world is still run by royalty and nobles with little in the way of republicanism. Unless the conceit here is of a world with mid-19th century trappings where royals still rule, events like the French Revolution or the revolutions of 1848 did not happen.

However one historical model could be Germany which was a mass of little principalities after the collapse of the Holy Roman Empire in 1806. It took another sixty years for Germany to be unified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Germany
Old 2024-01-28, 14:54   Link #57
Rasty

^ It's not completely impossible for technology to progress while the monarchy/feudal system stays. We still have absolutistic monarchies (and dictator states) even in current times and Austrias-Hungary and Germany were far from democracies prior to WW1. Our world moved so fast to complete democracies because of the two world wars where merchants gained a lot of influence and the states with the most influence of Aristocracy (and royalty) fell, but without such a big shock the changes might have taken significantly longer.
Old 2024-01-30, 03:12   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I need to watch it again. I placed the setting around 1700 but didn't notice background details like the rifle. Elise's world is still run by royalty and nobles with little in the way of republicanism. Unless the conceit here is of a world with mid-19th century trappings where royals still rule, events like the French Revolution or the revolutions of 1848 did not happen.

However one historical model could be Germany which was a mass of little principalities after the collapse of the Holy Roman Empire in 1806. It took another sixty years for Germany to be unified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Germany
They're in !England, with an emperor. !France, their rival country, is a republic, IIRC.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 10:05   Link #59
Frontier

"Rose" gets introduced to the emergency ward but unsurprisingly she's still being judged and underestimated for her noble upbringing and looks, but no better chance to prove everyone wrong than pulling an emergency procedure to save a patient who can't breathe !

I love how Hans thinks he's teaching Elise the basics when she's secretly a professional doctor with all the experience and skills to match. Not to mention her nerves of steel when performing an operation .

Elise is getting pretty popular for her medical success! They're already treating her like a doctor in the emergency ward. And her charming personality is making multiple men interested in her, like Hans (and possibly Graham). Though too bad Hans is self-aware that he's not her main love interest .

Well, it would be nice if Elise could unwind and enjoy the festival, but she'd probably rather save someone on an operating table instead, even if it means dealing with a bullet wound. And it unknowingly brings her back in contact with Linden in disguise

Seems like Linden has his own medical problems, exhaustion coupled with an inability to properly sleep. It seems connected to the death of his mother ?

So...this setting has legit magic? Linden has a trinket that transforms him into a blonde Satoshi Hino? What else is this setting hiding from us ?

Nothing good ever comes from entering into a dark alley but not everyday you fend off a beggar with a knife only for them to pull a gun on you. Maybe he should've lead with the gun ?

Graham doesn't think they can save Randall, Linden's loyal attendant, but Elise can finally apply her modern medical knowledge to pull of a splenectomy and save him, with assist from Graham and "Ron." There's really no hiding just how skilled and experience Elise really is, even if it can't be explained .

If only Linden had let Elise diagnose him, but it seems like he's starting to genuinely fall for her the way she not only saved his close subordinate but looked so impressive in an operating room. He's cute when he blushes .

Ah, so Elise is adept with a knife...but can't write for the life of her .

Well, the head doctor of Teresa can't believe someone actually did a splenectomy and assumes if anyone did it was Graham, but boy are he and the royal doctor going to be surprised when they meet Elise .
Old 2024-01-31, 10:27   Link #60
EroKing

I know Linden is supposed to be the MC, but the Elise and Graham pairing is working just so well for me.