AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-08-01, 05:15   Link #1001
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Perhaps a Malebranch is what finally allows Issei his full dragon transformation. Or at least unlocks it
It is a interesting idea and considering that in past Issei has already use something like the Amritra it shouldn't be impossible but I think it would be too dangerous.

Issei already have issue to handle the power of his own body. He already is a freak and unique being: he have 8 mutated pieces, a Longinus, the powers of two Dragons Gods and the ability of make miracle thanks breast. We don't know yet all the possible effect that the Malebranche's power could have on the users.

I repeat myself, is a interesting idea but I found it too dangerous: Issei could turn into a monster and the price to pay for using together the many powers of his body and the Malebranche's enhanced could be to leave him almost dying like when he used the DXD G for first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
These villains would suck like all the others because their only purpose would be to lose to the good guys. But the main problem is that the power scaling has increased so much there's no point in introducing such characters unless you intend to make them Super Devils which would make the already existing ones redundant.
I know that devils turned monsters thanks Malebranche compared with the Eevie would end up look like be filler villain but considering that the poison and the regeneration of Belzeebub Fly Chimera were such problem that Sizerchs use to use his full form then the guys who would use the Malebranche wouldn't be a joke.

It can be that they thanks the Malebranche could have a evolution of theirs Devil Traits that can make them particularly problematic to handle.

Quote:
For all we know, he might just have Vali defeat and dominate the Malebranche in a short story volume and have that be his future power-uo.
I don't think that it would be like that, Highschool DXD 0 end up not being just the prequel of main story that focus on Sizerchs and Grayfia but basically was a also a way for introducing the Malebranche and giving a teaser about the threat that they could be.

I don't think that they would be dominated so easy, Ishi even has say that they were candidates for be the villains of the Forth Arc instead of Rizevim. They could be a serious threat for the DXD.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 05:29   Link #1002
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Do we even know if Great Red has special abilities that are applicable in combat?
I think he could have had them, Ishi has said that Hindu Gods have cheat like abilities so I think that maybe the GR's power too can guarantee some HAX.

We have Mitsuya that has show HAX, the Eevie may have HAX as well and maybe Malacoda be the strongest Malebranche could have something capable of match True Idea.

Perhaps the dream manipulation could be a combat HAX that Issei could use in future, Ryuuteimaru created weapons based on what Issei think he need to have for fight. Maybe the the true extension of dream manipulation would be to being able to make thoughts real to some extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Trihexa has broken regeneration and Ophis in her prime had regeneration as well. Feels weird that Great Red doesn't have something like that.
He represents dreams, maybe he soul is still alive in the dream world.

Perhaps if he absorb enough dream energy he could return to live.
Old 2023-08-02, 18:51   Link #1003
Xuanwu

Also, what are Ddraig and Albion even gonna do when the Malebranche come up? Are they going to double team with Issei and Vali against their Malebranche opponents?

That seems like overkill.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 01:05   Link #1004
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
I think he could have had them, Ishi has said that Hindu Gods have cheat like abilities so I think that maybe the GR's power too can guarantee some HAX.

We have Mitsuya that has show HAX, the Eevie may have HAX as well and maybe Malacoda be the strongest Malebranche could have something capable of match True Idea.

Perhaps the dream manipulation could be a combat HAX that Issei could use in future, Ryuuteimaru created weapons based on what Issei think he need to have for fight. Maybe the the true extension of dream manipulation would be to being able to make thoughts real to some extent.
Most abilities in DxD are cheat-like jf Ishibumi makes the explanation for how they work vague enough. Magic, demonic power, and Sacred Gears. Saying the Hindu gods have cheat-like abilities means nothing.

Great Red's ability could be anything which is the way Ishibumi wants it so he can use it as a source for any kind of power-ups for Issei. Don't expect him to take away one of his biggest Deus Ex Machina s by being specific about Great Red's power..
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 10:03   Link #1005
Dareal_truth

Is Verrine and balberth edible for maou positions?
Dareal_truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 11:42   Link #1006
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Is Verrine and balberth edible for maou positions?
They are almost like childrens and for be a Maou you must have a certain amount of popularity so I would say not for the moment.

Honestly I'm little disappointed by the fact that Ishibumi long the way has left unexplored some interesting stuff:

Among the Hades's army there was Ultimate Class with the potential of be Maou Class but it seem that Ishi could have forgot about them or let them capture or die offscreen.

Beowulf was said to be one of Top 5 pawns of the Underworld but we haven't discovered who are the others 4. Who knows maybe they are part of Diehauser's peerage?

It was said that there is a Top 10 of the Pro Regulars Rating Games's players but so far Ishi the ones of this Top 10 that were introduced are Diehauser, Ruval, Tannin, Bezede and Roygun. Maybe the Azazel Cup could have been a chance for show them but I think Ishi has forgot about or either he didn't care about them cause back then he has already choice what he would have show long the Azazel Cup.
Old 2023-08-04, 11:24   Link #1007
Dareal_truth

Coming back to what Indra said I kinda love it but the execution wasn’t playing, right mainly because ish didn’t explore, the horizon more for ise/ peerage characters growth it’s true on both sides mainly because he didn’t really need her but for the plot ish made it seem that way when he has other people around him that can help him more, but I guess the fandom will throw a fit if there wafu isn’t around too much despite it slows his character growth
Old 2023-08-04, 12:16   Link #1008
Xuanwu

You mean what Indra said about Ravel?

The best thing to do is to retire Ravel and Roygun. Or at least Ravel and Roygun should defer to Issei's leadership rather than leading the team on his behalf.

Ravel has already shown her intellect against Rudiger, so we don't necessarily need to see more against Diehauser. Issei can propose to her after the match. Maybe Roygun should be jobbed out again.

And if Ishibumi has Ravel or someone else help Issei in leading the ExE team, that would be an epic fail.
Old 2023-08-04, 16:48   Link #1009
Dareal_truth

I’m saying if you continue to put rias around him in important situations, she’ll take away his possibilities of him being a leader. against Diehauser I wished it was a like a puzzle match tbh her volume should be against her brother ruval now him leading ExE it’ll most likely go downhill because ish continues to push rias as a catalyst but when team Dxd gets wipe out I expect a timeskip I want ingvild lead with him

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-08-05 at 00:43.
Old 2023-08-05, 04:36   Link #1010
Lucidrago

Quote:
I’m saying if you continue to put rias around him in important situations, she’ll take away his possibilities of him being a leader. against Diehauser I wished it was a like a puzzle match tbh her volume should be against her brother ruval now him leading ExE it’ll most likely go downhill because ish continues to push rias as a catalyst but when team Dxd gets wipe out I expect a timeskip I want ingvild lead with him
Well the problem is that Ishibumi sucks when it comes to natural character progression. Think about it. Issei's still the same character he was from the very beginning of the series. He hasn't made any progress or hasn't really taken any initiative with any of the girls despite all the confessions and the fact that he is engaged to most of them with most of their families being okay with it. He really had no goals besides creating a harem which he already has. Even Saji has a goal which he wants to achieve.

Issei's unique character pretty much just revolved around him being a breast-loving pervert and his power-ups through breasts. Once you take that away Issei barely has any character to speak of. He has no real goals or any opinions or any personality besides the one mentioned above. His other personality is just a combination of your typical shounen and harem MCs which isn't really unique and is done way better in other series.

As a result of Ishibumi not wanting to change Issei's character to change to adapt to the growing plot, he has others do the heavy lifting for him. Other characters state what his goals should be, other characters take the initiative on his behalf, he's reactive instead of proactive, etc. Think about how they were discussing Issei being a Maou despite his only qualifications for the role is his fame and status rather than any real ability I'd his own. They were discussing him being Asmodeus because it represented lust, but talked about leaving the actual duties of the Maou to someone else.

Issei won't grow because Ishibumi doesn't really want him to. He'll stay the super-perverted boob dragon who powers up through breasts even though that stopped being comedic a long time ago and just clashes with the plot now.

Kind of the same reason why Gasper still wears a girl's uniform despite supposedly becoming manlier.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2023-08-05 at 04:47.
Old 2023-08-05, 04:53   Link #1011
Xuanwu

Quote:
Other characters state what his goals should be, other characters take the initiative on his behalf, he's reactive instead of proactive, etc.
This is the problem. The only thing Issei said on his own was to become like Azazel, iirc.

Quote:
Issei won't grow because Ishibumi doesn't really want him to. He'll stay the super-perverted boob dragon who powers up through breasts even though that stopped being comedic a long time ago and just clashes with the plot now.
He will, as shown in EX. Or the fact that Ishibumi wants to do a spin-off with Issei acting like Azazel. Also, I said this before, but Ishibumi has already shown Issei acting like Azazel in v23 after his team lost to Dulio.
Quote:
This time, rather than fighting, there was more focus on youth in sports. So far, I’ve always written about Issei’s physical growth, so I’ve focused on the mental aspect this time and described his growth as a senior high school student. While planning the final arc, I had already decided to have Issei lose one time, but in that regard, a plain loss would have been meaningless. So the development of the story involved the mental growth of both Issei and Asia, as well as their future development.

A year ago, Issei tasted defeat in a game and felt disappointment after facing a formidable opponent. A year later, facing those who have experienced the same defeat, he understood the disappointment of his junior and subordinate, so Issei said something that Rias and Azazel normally would have said, and this allows readers to feel his growth.
Issei growing more is not in doubt imo. The issue is whether Ishibumi will write it consistently and show it to us, or simply show it in a timeskip.
Old 2023-08-05, 06:47   Link #1012
Xuanwu

Quote:
I kinda get the first point, but Rias is the main girl and there's technically no issue with her being around Issei. Besides, with the way you're describing it, Ravel can also be seen as a problem for Issei's development since she's always around him and she's the one that always leads the team on his behalf. The only thing Ravel really needs to be doing is organizing. Right now, Ravel spends more time with Issei than Rias (because Rias has other duties).

Without Ravel, Issei will be forced to lead the team. Remember, Ravel was heartbroken in v23 when they lost to Dulio/Rudiger and Issei actually had to act as a leader for the first time. This is the reason I think Ishibumi should job Ravel (and maybe Roygun) out in the Diehauser match, because it would force Issei to act in a leadership capacity once again.
Old 2023-08-05, 15:31   Link #1013
Xuanwu

Quote:
I agree but… The sad thing about rias is he basically just made her a love interest that doesn’t do anything in the background. Since the beginning of Shin, she’s been getting half of the screen time in contrast to other characters getting development doesn’t help the OG girls getting the same thing doesn’t help he continues to add characters doesn’t help every Short story is the same thing. when you could’ve done something better and about Rias getting screen time I’m mainly talking about her doing something without being around/ involving Ise and his peerage, make your new peerage go on a mission. Make ise help ingvild explore ends and outs of the underworld and human world. But I agree with everything else you saying I HOPE your right
Hopefully, yeah. I won't lose hope unless Issei doesn't show improvement as leader of ExE. At that point, I'd think Ishibumi is simply being intentionally lazy and misleading with his character work.
Old 2023-08-05, 15:33   Link #1014
Xuanwu

Quote:
So basically serve in point he’s a horrible writer? Because he’ll rather show “character” growth spurts to cao who not to long ago was supernatural hitler? it’s phenomenal, how inconsistent he is, and the maou thing bulid up all theses years and him not trying to be it him getting titles and ish not making him doing anything with it again my thing is if he does do those thing he’ll overshadow rias and the fandom can’t handle it
He did admit that he was struggling to write DxD because he hasn't written something so long before. Still, it's partially his fault since he decided to extend DxD by adding the Evil Dragon War and then adding the Evies as well.
Old 2023-08-10, 19:53   Link #1015
Dareal_truth

Why don't people want ise to be a maou?
Old 2023-08-10, 20:23   Link #1016
Lucidrago

Quote:
Why don't people want ise to be a maou?
Why I don't want it is because it just comes out of left field and Azazel, Sirzechs', and Ajuka are uncharacteristically pushing the issue without getting Issei's input which doesn't sit right with me. It's one thing if Issei stated he wanted to become a Maou like Sairaorg did but he never once stated that was his intention. He wants a harem and wants to live s peaceful life with them and will defeat anyone that interferes with that. But trying to go beyond that and just trying to unknowingly push Issei towards a position that he has never once outright stated that he wanted even once is wrong.

If Ishibumi changed Issei's goal to wanting to become a Maou that's one thing but Ishibumi has made it very clear he has no intention of changing the very core of Issei's character. Plus does Issei have any compelling personal reason to actually want to become a Maou like Sairaorg does? It's not unusual that people would want Issei to become Maou because of his reputation. But Issei wanting to be one is a whole other story.

Besides with the peace between all the supernatural factions and mythologies, the position of Maou seems way too limited for someone of Issei's standing among the supernatural world. Too simply just make him Maou would simply limit him to the concerns of the Underworld and very little else. He wouldn't be able to move around as he wished and in some cases would be tied down by bureaucracy and politics.
Old 2023-08-10, 20:49   Link #1017
Dareal_truth

I mean he wants to change the underworld isn't that more of a reason? it's honestly sad you bringing up his flat character arc, in display my thing is in writing, in general, what's the issue with growing him as a character? It's going on 11 years why is he backpedaling? I would rather him being a maou than a passive harem Mc with the same sub plots.

The only reason I'm ok with him being a maou he's more active in changing stuff,

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-08-10 at 23:43.
Old 2023-08-10, 23:46   Link #1018
Lucidrago

Quote:
I mean he wants to change the underworld isn't that more of a reason? it's honestly sad you bringing up his flat character arc, in display my thing is in writing, in general, what's the issue with growing him as a character? It's going on 11 years why is he backpedaling? I would rather him being a man than a passive harem Mc with the same sub plots. Or a true leader for his peerage or team dxd. Yes ish makes it look this hard everything happened too fast.

The only reason I'm ok with him being a maou he's more active in changing stuff, maybe Shin 5 and so on he'll talk about it hell rias will be the head for her clan and Akeno will be the vice-captain of Grigori
Wanting to change the Underworld and agreeing with someone else that the Underworld has to change are two different things. And Issei saying it holds no relevance as it doesn't really affect him personally as he is an exception among exceptions and the typical discrimination Ishibumi selectively shows doesn't really affect him because of the severe lack of worldbuilding.

It makes sense from Sairaorg's perspective since he's been at the receiving end of that.

Issei might feel that being a Maou could be a possibility but the only goal that really mattered to Issei was getting a harem. Everything pretty much has revolved around that and he pretty much had no other goal than that one in particular. Everything else is just a side effect of him moving toward his only real goal.

Even if Issei wanted to change the Underworld, he wouldn'√ be the only character that would. Remember what I said about Ishibumi having other characters do the heavy lifting for Issei?
Old 2023-08-11, 05:31   Link #1019
Xuanwu

I think back in v5, Tannin told Issei that having a harem as his main goal was a waste. At the beginning of v23, Issei claims he's lost his obsession with a harem and there's also the scene in v22 where Shiva asks Issei about his ambitions (other than a harem) and he says world peace.

So I do think it's always been Ishibumi's intention for Issei's goals to be more than having a harem, but he's been writing the progression with questionable execution so far.
Old 2023-08-11, 05:38   Link #1020
Xuanwu

And I mean, Issei being a Maou and also engaging in diplomacy with the other mythologies would explain why he's so busy as an adult.

But thinking about it, wasn't it said that some of the other Maou (Falbium and Ajuka) used to delegate part of their duties to others?