AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-24, 13:13   Link #81
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
C'mon guys. It is a swimsuit ep. - something that any all-girls anime need to do at least one. Stop bring so serious and just enjoy.

Now that it out of the way, we can move on for main content and character development.
Can't agree more, mate. Despite I aware that the timing is quite odd because it was happened after the scout guy's last rites..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 14:14   Link #82
arkhangelsk

Quote:
C'mon guys. It is a swimsuit ep. - something that any all-girls anime need to do at least one. Stop bring so serious and just enjoy.
I can understand swimsuit episodes. The annoying part is more about how the feel of the universe changed. There is a difference between "Light" and "Bugs Bunny", and as a show that does not fear to depict death, there is a mood whiplash when next episode we have this dummy who can fall off several times and be completely fine.

Also, there was basically no need for them to be in swimsuits except for a certain part of the course that was clearly there only for the purpose of justifying the swimsuits

The pool/beach for swimsuit setup might be old, but at least it is safe and ensures no one needs to come up with clever (thus risky) justifications of why everyone must be in swimsuits.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 21:39   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 17:34   Link #84
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

And the 2020 award for "What the hell did I just watch?" goes to...

Quote:
C'mon guys. It is a swimsuit ep. - something that any all-girls anime need to do at least one.
Well yes, except that in this particular "all-girls anime," it was the guys in swimsuits who got a lot more, er, exposure.

I seem to remember Mai-HiME having the girls fight a panty-raid monster in the early episodes, yet they still managed to come back from that and have a good run. So all hope is not lost.

Are we supposed to read Azu as a lesbian? Because I was picking up some serious lesbian vibes from her...

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2020-10-25 at 22:24.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 20:53   Link #85
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well there must be a sale of red loincloth every man had on and seemed to be all jacked

Gurasan really reaching for the star wanting Miyako to step on him
Old 2020-10-26, 02:24   Link #86
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Are we supposed to read Azu as a lesbian? Because I was picking up some serious lesbian vibes from her...
we can be sure she's not a lesbian. Because I heard at Yuri Empire blog that the director of this anime hates yuri.

Quote:

Now that it out of the way, we can move on for main content and character development.
maybe my eyesight is going bad, but there are actually a truckload of guys in this "all-girls" anime.

episode 4:

a tricky opponent to fight. So all four need to be destroyed at the same time.

really cute penguins at the ending song.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-10-27 at 12:25.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-31, 16:12   Link #87
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

More fanservice... and why does Odin have a Pippin? That's weirder than the old ass planes and the Nokia 3310's from Assault Lily. I keep trying to drop this show but the weirdness keeps sucking me back in.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-31, 16:44   Link #88
arkhangelsk

Well, we are getting back to the regular programming this episode after the last one I'm trying to forget. Are we going to be finding out more about the pink-haired girl next episode?
Old 2020-11-01, 22:19   Link #89
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Odin really is up to something he really should of not mention Ragnarok

Now thats how you should to a bath scene
Old 2020-11-02, 04:09   Link #90
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

cod eating is the most enjoyable part of the episode for me.

the rest of the show is really boring.

hopefully, some good action next week.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-11-10 at 03:33.
Old 2020-11-07, 12:19   Link #91
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So... Anyone else having the feeling that Odin isn't actually Odin, but Loki or Sutr?
I just find it strange that each and every single pillar defeated turns into an Yggdrassil-like tree.

Another thing... Odin plucked out his RIGHT eye, the Odin shown to us is missing his left one...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 12:28   Link #92
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 5 and 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 15:09   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
So... Anyone else having the feeling that Odin isn't actually Odin, but Loki or Sutr?
I just find it strange that each and every single pillar defeated turns into an Yggdrassil-like tree.

Another thing... Odin plucked out his RIGHT eye, the Odin shown to us is missing his left one...
Hel, maybe? There's certainly something going on with the dead.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 03:37   Link #94
arkhangelsk

One question I do have with episode six is the whole Military Propaganda Magazine with the Valkyries acting in gravure roles. Though the allure of pretty girls is worldwide, one wonders how much opposition it received from Westerners saying it would "objectify" girls, especially girls that are clearly the protagonists in this fight rather than a supporting role. It doesn't help that some of them are below 18, and Westerners always had a large "ick" against any form of pedophilia.

Or are the feminists too pleased as to what is happening there they are comfortable in allowing this?
Old 2020-11-08, 04:02   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Then again, these are child soldiers they're sending to the front. So maybe they've got bigger moral qualms to fry.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 06:45   Link #96
Liddo-kun
is this so?

the question is do those kind of people even exist in the world setting of this anime..
Old 2020-11-08, 10:31   Link #97
grecefar

Well that was intense, but odin should try to don't look so antagonistic.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 22:14   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well those are some very colorful planes its just a shame that the fighter pilots can color there planes
Old 2020-11-09, 12:30   Link #99
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
She swapped the engine. I really doubt Claud's line was meant to be the important takeaway from that scene.
In a world where gods exists, it's logical to interprete someone talking about god's blessing literally. Luckily now we don't even have to interpret since I just realized the show premise's actually states this as a fact. From the series website:

オーディンはピラーに対抗する術として、戦乙女『ワルキューレ』と、
彼女たちの翼となる英霊機を人類に授け、反撃を宣言した。

Quote:
To counterattack the pillars, Odin provided humanity with the battle maidens Valkyries and the hero-planes.
So, the hero-planes (translated in the anime as hero-wing for some reason) was provided by Odin and therefore is supernatural in nature, even if it takes physical form and can be repaired by humans.

Honestly, even without this confirmation, there was no reason to assume Claudia wasn't talking literally. But in any case, I hope this finally puts the matter to rest.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2020-11-09 at 15:01.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 03:29   Link #100
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

this episode is a mixed bag for me. The skinny guy in white uniform talking + the Sonoka drama are the most boring parts of the episode, literally almost make me close eyes in sleep + want to turn off the video.

Odin standard scheming bad guy speech..

but the best parts for me is when the dead started flying their planes, and Thor is shown.. he looks badass. Those scenes saved this show from being dropped. And I look forward to the next episode!

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-11-10 at 07:13.