AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-06-07, 02:17   Link #581
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
True, but this series suffers from a severe case of loads and loads of characters syndrome. Such that aside from a select few, must characters are barely two dimensional from lack of development.
Agreed, it does suffer from it quite bad. That being said, on my reread of the series(in order to catch up to the latest volume), I noticed that Ishibumi handles it somewhat gracefully in that after a character specific volume, all instances of the person thereafter serve to build upon the developments on their chapter.

Still a band-aid though - fuller developments would be more appreciated. But in a weird way, its kinda one of DxD's charms(the way it chooses develop its large cast of characters that is), so I'm acceptant to a degree.

My main concern is how his peerage members will be handled. The forming of it will play a big part in Issei's development as a high class devil, and considering that we are in the last arc and the large cast, I fear they may not be developed, or even completed within the series at all. Even more so if the future members of Rias's peerage take interest in Issei as well (Like all her female members so to eventually. That is excluding those that may already be in a relationship/have an implied pairing).
Old 2019-06-07, 06:50   Link #582
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Well, I wouldn't only say that. Her relationship with Issei is the poster child for the new age of peace, crossing both species and status. Besides, without her inclusion in the harem, I doubt we would have gotten as much perspective on the Heavens side that what we have. She is the link, just like how Michal explained her to be the 'Face' of the Brave Saints, being the Ace of Spades.

That being said, I do agree that her potential is squandered quite a bit, but this story is based on Devils primarily after all.
I feel that Asia and Xenovia could have easily handled the cross-over between Heaven and the Underworld despite the two being reincarnated devils. Really only see Irina's significance as a childhood friend.

We really didn't know all that much about Heaven except when the Gremory group went to Heaven in Volume 18. We could have easily learned about that without her being in the story and I honestly feel that she played little part in us learning about Heaven.

My problem with Irina id that she's just really an add-on character who feels like she has no specific purpose being in the story yet still is part of the main cast. She has no special abilities considering as an angel she only has basic angel abilities and nothing else. That puts her behind Deethelm, Nero, and Milana who were only recently introduced. She was never even a natural holy sword wielder like Xenovia and Xenovia receiving True Excalibur robbed her of the only holy sword she could wield. And then we got a lame excuse for her getting Hauteclere whose ability was only convenient for that one volume in purifying Yaegaki's soul. The main reason why I'm mad about that is because Ishibumi could have given her Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi and called it a day.

Irina feels like a string-along like most of the other girls in the harem but one with no unique abilities or with no specific purpose to why she's even in the story.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 20:02   Link #583
godz

If you add mirana to the harem of issei, Irina will only be the friend of childhood and if we take another friend from childhood ... Irina will only be chestnut with tits.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 20:17   Link #584
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
If you add mirana to the harem of issei, Irina will only be the friend of childhood and if we take another friend from childhood ... Irina will only be chestnut with tits.
I think it’s obvious that Issei will get Lint as second angel so it’s pointless discuss about Irina being an angel ���� come on, she joined the church trio and lives in Issei’s home. She is practically official.��

Anyway the third angel I want in his harem is Griselda! I mean, it’s perfect! After nekomata-sisters and kyuubi-mother and daughter, what’s better than reincarnated angel-guardian and reincarnated devil-ward?
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 20:42   Link #585
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

As a reminder this thread is about Issei's Peerage go to the thread about Issei's Harem to continue the talk about his harem.
Old 2019-06-07, 22:06   Link #586
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
I think it’s obvious that Issei will get Lint as second angel so it’s pointless discuss about Irina being an angel ���� come on, she joined the church trio and lives in Issei’s home. She is practically official.��

Anyway the third angel I want in his harem is Griselda! I mean, it’s perfect! After nekomata-sisters and kyuubi-mother and daughter, what’s better than reincarnated angel-guardian and reincarnated devil-ward?

boring ... but back to the subject, I just want a gal girl in the nobility.
Old 2019-06-07, 23:16   Link #587
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Agreed, it does suffer from it quite bad. That being said, on my reread of the series(in order to catch up to the latest volume), I noticed that Ishibumi handles it somewhat gracefully in that after a character specific volume, all instances of the person thereafter serve to build upon the developments on their chapter.

Still a band-aid though - fuller developments would be more appreciated. But in a weird way, its kinda one of DxD's charms(the way it chooses develop its large cast of characters that is), so I'm acceptant to a degree.

My main concern is how his peerage members will be handled. The forming of it will play a big part in Issei's development as a high class devil, and considering that we are in the last arc and the large cast, I fear they may not be developed, or even completed within the series at all. Even more so if the future members of Rias's peerage take interest in Issei as well (Like all her female members so to eventually. That is excluding those that may already be in a relationship/have an implied pairing).
That's if Rias' future servants are female, for me i'm hoping it's all handsome looking males just to make Ise jealous and scared (when they're all enamored with him). XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-08, 02:08   Link #588
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
That's if Rias' future servants are female, for me i'm hoping it's all handsome looking males just to make Ise jealous and scared (when they're all enamored with him). XD
True, I just mentioned one possible scenario.

About Irina, while I am in now way a fan of hers(I'm not one for the childhood friend troupe since it is, without doubt, the largest cause of cockblock in any romance novel/anime/manga), I think you guys are a bit harsh on current role in the story. While I could give an entire counter argument into why I think so, I agree that we should get back to the main topic here.

Now, back to said topic, considering its name, and that it is said that all Longinus should have some consciousness within them, does that mean that Ingvild is technically the Greek member (to both peerage and harem) that many were wanting to join Issei?
Old 2019-06-09, 20:18   Link #589
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
In my opinion rias future servant are already there, at least two on three. I’m sure that Valerie and Tosca will be her new members. Valerie because as a healer is perfect and Tosca because she has no one but Kiba, i’m sure she will want to stay with him forever so she will join Rias and her SG is very powerful.
Old 2019-06-10, 00:23   Link #590
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
In my opinion rias future servant are already there, at least two on three. I’m sure that Valerie and Tosca will be her new members. Valerie because as a healer is perfect and Tosca because she has no one but Kiba, i’m sure she will want to stay with him forever so she will join Rias and her SG is very powerful.
Both their prospects of joining are very high, I'll give you that, but Valerie joining would reaaally through the balance of things completely off - It would mean that Rias would have 3 Longinus in her own peerage. The amount of pull she could have would be no joke, considering that 2 of them would be Super Devil level(which, by having just one, completely messes with the balance of power as is).

Similar could be said for Issei - if any of his other 10 pieces were to be used on Longinus bearers, I could see there being major political implications in the event he becomes a Maou. Even if he doesn't it would be considered as a constant 'threat' to other political factions (mostly the Great King Faction).

...Though for the sake of ExE, having a Longinus join either of their peerages would be beneficial.
Old 2019-06-10, 04:48   Link #591
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Valerie can't join Rias' Peerage because of her Longinus she would cost too much to reincarnate with the pieces Rias has left a Rook (5 Pawns), a Knight (3 Pawns) and a Bishop (3 Pawns).
Old 2019-06-10, 12:14   Link #592
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
Valerie can't join Rias' Peerage because of her Longinus she would cost too much to reincarnate with the pieces Rias has left a Rook (5 Pawns), a Knight (3 Pawns) and a Bishop (3 Pawns).
We don’t know the level of her Longinus and the rules of the unused pieces could give Rias the chance to reincarnate her. Anyway if she will be, then it’s a Rook for sure, which would be for the best since she needs those traits desperately.
Old 2019-06-10, 12:44   Link #593
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@Ka-el Yeah we don't know the level of her Longinus but Regulus Nemea is a Longinus with an unknown level and by itself without the wielder was reincarnated by Sairaorg using 7 of his Pawn pieces we have to factor in that Valerie is a Dhampir alongside her Longinus when it comes to reincarnating her.
Old 2019-06-10, 13:05   Link #594
Lucidrago

Quote:
We don’t know the level of her Longinus and the rules of the unused pieces could give Rias the chance to reincarnate her. Anyway if she will be, then it’s a Rook for sure, which would be for the best since she needs those traits desperately.
Sirzechs, a Super Devil, required two knight pieces to reincarnated Souji and two bishop pieces to reincarnate Mathers. So I doubt Rias could reincarnate a Longinus possessor with even a rook piece which have a value equivalent to 5 pawn pieces.

I would say it would take at least 6 pawn pieces to reincarnate her into a devil. She's the daughter of the King of Tepes who I'm.sure is a powerful vampire (although we don't know exactly how powerful her vampiric abilities) and has a Longinus.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 13:37   Link #595
Blazor 98

The thing with Irina is she's the most normal out of all the girls in Issei's harem which makes her perfect role of childhood friend for Issei since he was also just a normal guy. She didn't come a famous background like Rias, Akeno, Ingvild and Ravel. She wasn't born with a sacred gear like Asia and she's not a unique species like Koneko, Kuroka and Rossweiss. She was just a regular human who came from a commoner family that grew up with Issei. Even among the church trio, she's the most normal as Asia was revered a holy priestess due to her healing and Xenovia was born as a rare natural sword wielder. (Not to mention the next wielder of Durandal no less).
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 17:41   Link #596
godz

You think that issei has several pawns or one op that is equivalent to the 8 pieces.

In my case I'm going to the second, postulate to verrine or new character ultra op
Old 2019-06-10, 18:13   Link #597
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I personally prefer Issei having several Pawns over 1 single OP Pawn worth 8 pieces.
Old 2019-06-11, 01:08   Link #598
Lex79

I think he will have at most two pawns, just because I think Ishibumi is going to keep Issei's (and Rias) peerage to a more manageable size.
Old 2019-06-11, 02:20   Link #599
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Sirzechs, a Super Devil, required two knight pieces to reincarnated Souji and two bishop pieces to reincarnate Mathers. So I doubt Rias could reincarnate a Longinus possessor with even a rook piece which have a value equivalent to 5 pawn pieces.

I would say it would take at least 6 pawn pieces to reincarnate her into a devil. She's the daughter of the King of Tepes who I'm.sure is a powerful vampire (although we don't know exactly how powerful her vampiric abilities) and has a Longinus.
We don’t know how powerful Sirzechs was when he reincarnated then and by the way those two are the most powerful of their own category, it’s not that strage they required so much.
Old 2019-06-11, 02:24   Link #600
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
@Ka-el Yeah we don't know the level of her Longinus but Regulus Nemea is a Longinus with an unknown level and by itself without the wielder was reincarnated by Sairaorg using 7 of his Pawn pieces we have to factor in that Valerie is a Dhampir alongside her Longinus when it comes to reincarnating her.
Regulus Nemea waas sure lower than heavenly dragons’ SG since Issei requires 8 (and they rated he wasn’t worth even 1 pawn on his own lol). And regulus Nemea at full power is considered able to split the earth in half. I think Graal is powerful but in power is extremely lacking, it’s more a supportive gear. Think about Asia, extremely talented and a rare healing sacred gear and Asia already mastered it at his best si much and very early in the story that they thought a balance breaker would have not been a great improvement to her healing abilities. And yet a simple Bishop was worth it.