AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-05, 21:52   Link #401
Galaxian

I hope they make Vincent and Yuffie full fledged party members instead of optional ones.

On the subject of Vincent, I'm wondering which version of Chaos they will use for his LB. Original or DoC?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 21:59   Link #402
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Honeybee Inn and Crossdressing Cloud in all its HD glory.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 22:18   Link #403
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Well the story will be the same though with some reworking they said. I personally like that it is being turned into an Action RPG. The turn based style just doesn't work for me much anymore after playing games like Kingdom Hearts. I just hope like others had mentioned that they give you an option of which characters to fight with.
Yeah, I don't mind fixing some small issues I thought existed with the story or things they never thought about filling in. The combat will be a key issue.

I don't dislike action based combat....it just depends on how it turns out. Kingdom Hearts didn't blow me away combat wise. I didn't really hate it, I didn't really love it. Just kind of "meh" on that side of things. So hopefully they can make the combat more enjoyable than Kingdom Hearts.
Old 2015-12-05, 22:43   Link #404
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

According to some people on NeoGaf, the combat looks similar to what Nomura used to have planned for FFXIII-Versus and that seems to be generally seen in a positive light.

We won't get Quick-Time-Events like some people fear though. Normura has lately tried to distance himself from Quick-Time-Events, as can be seen in this interview about KH3 (and the FFVII remake) from some months ago:

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Quick-...be-in-KH3-5575

Also for those who worry and missed it: The above link also pretty much shows Nomura guarantee that there will be both the honeybee and crossdressing segment, as well as minigames.
Old 2015-12-05, 23:25   Link #405
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Love the look of it so far but Clouds arms seem a little too skinny
He's always been like that:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 00:12   Link #406
Psyco Diver

Well the combat system is really the only thing they could screw up at this point, we all know the main plot, I'm sure they'll add more backround and play on the games and movie that have come after the original
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 04:44   Link #407
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Interview with Kitase about the FFVII remake:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-12-06, 04:46   Link #408
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

wow i hate crisis core gameplay and they use it for FF7 remake
FF13 ATB system is perfectly fine, just remove paradigm system and it's clear
Old 2015-12-06, 07:06   Link #409
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
We won't get Quick-Time-Events like some people fear though. Normura has lately tried to distance himself from Quick-Time-Events, as can be seen in this interview about KH3 (and the FFVII remake) from some months ago:
In many ways I am willing to lose turned-base gameplay if in return they kill QTE. FFXII's special attack system is basically one huge chain of QTEs and it was NOT fun. QTE is the completely opposite extreme of Turned-based and it is infuriating.
Old 2015-12-06, 10:24   Link #410
Psyco Diver

I'm not against X-2 combat system minus the clothes system. It was a ATB system but seemed dynamic since the characters moved around the battle field
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 10:40   Link #411
MCAL

As long as the gameplay works and doesn't feel half-assed, I don't see the problem. The point of a remake is to do things with a fresh modern perspective. Just making something look prettier is more a remaster then a remake.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 11:36   Link #412
GDB

A remaster is literally just polishing what's already there. See: Tales of Symphonia and (likely, based on the trailer) Zelda: Twilight Princess.

A remake is literally that, a remake. They are making it again, usually because the original is too archaic to remaster. That doesn't mean they have to change something as integral to the game as the battle system just because "it's modern!" That's how you end up making fans angry. See: Star Wars (now with more "NOOOOOOOOOO").
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 12:26   Link #413
MCAL

But wouldn't you say the ATB system is archaic as well? There's a reason a lot of JRPGs (And this certainly isn't limited to Final Fantasy) don't use it anymore. And it not like the gameplay has to be much different if they switch to Action JRPG mode.

Also there's the fact that we know so little of the actual gameplay mechanics in the remake that complaints come off as a little too premature.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 12:38   Link #414
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
But wouldn't you say the ATB system is archaic as well?
No, because it still works.

Quote:
There's a reason a lot of JRPGs (And this certainly isn't limited to Final Fantasy) don't use it anymore.
Because they're trying to be "unique" or "new". Doesn't mean it's bad. There's a reason people still love older RPGs, and it's not in spite of gameplay and graphics.

Quote:
Also there's the fact that we know so little of the actual gameplay mechanics in the remake that complaints come off as a little too premature.
Either it's too late and complaints are legitimate and not premature, or it's early enough that people can complain and get it fixed. Not really any middle ground.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 13:35   Link #415
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In many ways I am willing to lose turned-base gameplay if in return they kill QTE. FFXII's special attack system is basically one huge chain of QTEs and it was NOT fun. QTE is the completely opposite extreme of Turned-based and it is infuriating.
Eh, Quickenings are not QTEs.

Quickenings like every other FF Limit Break system are just a series of button prompts played out in a minigame like fashion. QTEs are basically uncontrollable and self triggering cutscenes that are devoid of any gameplay mechanics which function in a semi real-time state (in that you have small window of opportunity to do a predetermine action). If you count them as QTEs then every post FFVI FF has them too.

Furthermore TB RPG is genre and QTE is a game element. They aren't mutual exclusive concepts. You can have QTEs in a TB game because QTE don not change the structure or mechanics of a game. Basically QTEs are just a cosmetic feature.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 14:04   Link #416
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Either it's too late and complaints are legitimate and not premature, or it's early enough that people can complain and get it fixed. Not really any middle ground.
So in other words, fix something that we still haven't gotten our hands on to be able to give a fair assessment on? Since when is watching a trailer enough to judge gameplay?

I personally feel like some people are just too stuck in wanting everything to feel exactly the same as in the original release, thing is unless you play the original version it won't, it's being improved in a way that the very person that created it thinks it should and until we get our hands on either a demo (like FFXV) or have the game in our hands we can't say whether it's good or bad.

Tetsuya Nomura is making the game HE wants to make and that HE wants it to become in this remake, not the game that WE/YOU (whichever one fits better) want him to make, all we can do is give feedback once we do get our hands on it.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2015-12-06 at 16:48. Reason: DAMN YOU CELLPHONE KEYBOARD!
Chosen_Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 14:36   Link #417
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
But wouldn't you say the ATB system is archaic as well? There's a reason a lot of JRPGs (And this certainly isn't limited to Final Fantasy) don't use it anymore. And it not like the gameplay has to be much different if they switch to Action JRPG mode.

Can we hold up a second? That seems like a strong presumption to run with. It's like the classic example of poorly using statistics. The idea that a lot of people who eat ice cream wear shoes, thus shoes make people eat ice cream. When in reality shoes and people's eating habits have very little to do with each other.

Whether the system is popular or unpopular does not by that fact mean the system is or is not archaic. There is certainly reasons that other systems are being used in other games. But that doesn't mean it is a singular reason or even the same reason for each game. A pattern doesn't mean there is a singular and consistent source for it.

Those systems still work and still work well. Not to mention they aren't themselves static.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So in other words, fix something that we still haven't gotten our hands on to be able to give a fair assessment on? Sonce when is watching a trailer enough to judge gameplay?

I personally feel like some people are just too stuck in wanting everything to geel exactly the same as in the original release, thing is unless you play the original version it won't, it's being improved in a way that the very person that created it thinks it should and until we get our hands on either a demo (like FFXV) or have the game in our hands we can't say whether it's good or bad.

Tetsuya Nomura is making the game HE wants to make and that HE wants it to become in this remake, not the game that WE/YOU (whichever one fits better) want him to make, all we can do is give feedback once we do get our hands on it.
Honestly based on your argument what is even the point in giving feedback after we get our hands on it. From that stance he doesn't care what people think and is just making the game he wants regardless. Thus he won't care what people think once they get their hands on the game.

Either you don't think people should have an opinion or you do. I think some people want everything. They want to say "be patient, wait and see" while at the same time telling others they are wrong.
Old 2015-12-06, 16:08   Link #418
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

fun fact: If this trailer showed the original gameplay, it would only contain normal attack moves, because the trailer only showed that and the "mini limits" that were not present in the original. i.e. they showed off how they handled the clearly weakest aspect of the original, which are boring and repetetive normal attacks.

The Kitase interview and the "DEFEND" option in the battle menue strongly imply that we get some kind of hybrid system that contains both turn based as well as real time battle elements. Perhaps the game will "pause" when you enter the battle menue, which makes it possible to give commands to all party members at the same time? I think that would be able to satisfy most turn based lovers, though of course that's only speculation on my part and maybe there won't be a pause option.
Old 2015-12-06, 16:55   Link #419
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Perhaps the game will "pause" when you enter the battle menue, which makes it possible to give commands to all party members at the same time? I think that would be able to satisfy most turn based lovers, though of course that's only speculation on my part and maybe there won't be a pause option.
A pause seems like it would go against the point of having a more action/real-time element. If that's the case, then it might as well use something like FFXII's gambit system.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 16:56   Link #420
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Can we hold up a second? That seems like a strong presumption to run with. It's like the classic example of poorly using statistics. The idea that a lot of people who eat ice cream wear shoes, thus shoes make people eat ice cream. When in reality shoes and people's eating habits have very little to do with each other.

Whether the system is popular or unpopular does not by that fact mean the system is or is not archaic. There is certainly reasons that other systems are being used in other games. But that doesn't mean it is a singular reason or even the same reason for each game. A pattern doesn't mean there is a singular and consistent source for it.

Those systems still work and still work well. Not to mention they aren't themselves static.

Honestly based on your argument what is even the point in giving feedback after we get our hands on it. From that stance he doesn't care what people think and is just making the game he wants regardless. Thus he won't care what people think once they get their hands on the game.

Either you don't think people should have an opinion or you do. I think some people want everything. They want to say "be patient, wait and see" while at the same time telling others they are wrong.
I said "either & or" because we don't know if they'll have a demo like they did for FF15 and because they could always choose to patch in improvements (from fan feedback) after release (which is nothing new nowadays, *whether you like this approach or not is not the point) and please point out to me where I said that others are wrong, all I said is that people are being too judgemental about gameplay without playing the game themselves which defeats the point of (you guessed it) gameplay.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg