AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-22, 04:30   Link #21
thiby
Kaizoku Ou

i think the water wasnt that deep, cause when Shanks comes to save him he wasn't using his hands to swim, one hand eaten one hand holding Luffy and he was still, if he was swiming with his legs he would be going up and down a bit. so luffy wasnt tall enough to touch the ground but he was jumping up and down trying to get some air.

thats what i tell myself..

(you can see the water is deep when the monster is swiming underwater, but dont tell me that)
Old 2004-04-22, 06:15   Link #22
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiby
i think the water wasnt that deep, cause when Shanks comes to save him he wasn't using his hands to swim, one hand eaten one hand holding Luffy and he was still, if he was swiming with his legs he would be going up and down a bit. so luffy wasnt tall enough to touch the ground but he was jumping up and down trying to get some air.

thats what i tell myself..

(you can see the water is deep when the monster is swiming underwater, but dont tell me that)
Well, I also thought of that theory, but you also mentioned it, it can't be true, cause the monster is swimming underwater :P. I think it's just a small mistake which was made...
Old 2004-04-22, 08:54   Link #23
myoga
village idiot

this is simple.floating and swiming are different things.devil fruit make it so you can't swim,but still float.example,i can't swim,but i can still float.
Old 2004-04-22, 10:36   Link #24
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
I dont think so. As stated, Bon Clay was splashing around like an idiot, and then started to sink. I think its more of a matter of the force in which they hit the water. Luffy as a child was only tossed in, and bon clay dropped, where as the times when luffy instantly sank, he was either trapped by something (nets, giant cones of concrete) or thrown in at a high velocity.
Also in the flashback with Buggy, when he had just eaten the Devil's Fruit, he was splashing around. So obviously, people can splash around, they just can't swim. If they were under water, and tried to move their arms around, they probably couldn't, but when at the surface, I think it's okay.
Old 2004-04-22, 16:47   Link #25
quiet insanity

That could also be the explanation as to why that pig guy in Movie 2 was able to float.
Closed Thread