AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-18, 10:47   Link #1
Captain_Kuro

A strange thing in episode 4..

In episode 4 there is a scene where luffy gets thrown into the water by the bandit guy, and this is after he has eaten the devil fruit.
But still he manages to get to the surface and stay keep floating by waving his arms.
Is this really supposed to be possible, considering he has eaten the devil fruit and should be total dead weight in water??
Maybe I am missing something her or is it just that they havenīt thought about it or is it because he is a kid or what?
Old 2004-04-18, 14:25   Link #2
quiet insanity

It would have to be the animators, because the manga started 2 years before the anime if I remember right. So that rule would of already been established.
Old 2004-04-18, 15:31   Link #3
dythim
dythim

He probably would have sunk given enough time. He obviously couldn't swim. I guess it's just a scene where the "rules" were glossed over a little bit.
Old 2004-04-18, 18:41   Link #4
Shadow_Skill

Send a message via MSN to Shadow_Skill
1st i was gonna say because Luffy just atew the fruit, but then I remembered Buggy and he just dropped...maybe Luffy is special
Old 2004-04-18, 18:50   Link #5
quiet insanity

Nah, he definately sinks like a rock, as you will see later on.
Old 2004-04-18, 18:56   Link #6
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

How bout I make u my bitch wnkryo???. And quiet_insanity, WTF? The poster knows he sinks like a rock later on, he was confused about the fact that he sinks like a rock later on but floats in episode 4. Did you even think before you posted?
Old 2004-04-18, 19:26   Link #7
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
He didn't stay at the surface very long. It was like "splash splash sink". If I remember correctly, anyway.
Old 2004-04-18, 20:32   Link #8
A Lamer
あほぉ&

The official response would be:

Animation Team: Umm.. err.. ask carl about it.

Carl: Who the fuck are you and what do you want?!

Me: Umm... the animation team told me to ask you why luffy splashes around in episode 4 but sinks like a rock in later episodes.

Carl: Because he stole my booze, damnit.

Me: I see... no wait.. what?

Carl: .....

Me: .....

Carl: THERES A SPOON IN MAH EAR!

And there you have it folks, the official response.
Old 2004-04-18, 20:45   Link #9
wnkryo
HainShodan

hAHAHAHahahhahahahaha. Funny ass comic strip. Although I have no idea what it has to do with the thread... still funny though
Old 2004-04-18, 21:02   Link #10
quiet insanity

Dark Nin, what the hell is your problem? Maybe you just didn't understand what I said? Never thought of that eh? I was responding to Shadow Skill when he said Luffy might be special, which he isn't. Therefore I confirmed that he will always sink link a rock.

All you seem to of done in this thread is complain about what people post. Chill out and don't be such a hardass.
Old 2004-04-18, 21:21   Link #11
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

LMAO! What the hell is my problem? None kid, just bored. And yea I thought that I might have misunderstood your post, but didnt really care . Well, I apologize for being such a "hardass"( WTF is that anyway? ) if thats the way you interpreted my post. And, "chill out"? When did I seem like I wasnt doing so..... if you go back and actually read my posts, you will see that I never seemed angry or hard or whatever. But if you took them that way, I apologize
Old 2004-04-18, 21:44   Link #12
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Although I have no idea what it has to do with the thread...
Its my way of saying "He just does."

Btw, I should mention all but my avatar were shamelessly stolen from www.vgcats.com
Old 2004-04-20, 00:33   Link #13
Alkatrazz
Professional Jackass

Send a message via AIM to Alkatrazz
Hey, Bon Clay didn't sink like a rock the instant he hit the water either.
Old 2004-04-20, 01:57   Link #14
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Dark kin's got issues ...

Hmmm need to rewatch ep 4, but from what I remember is they did an exception for that time. Meaning they just forgot
Old 2004-04-20, 18:33   Link #15
Animangiac

As has been stated they proably just forgot.
Old 2004-04-20, 23:42   Link #16
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Skill
1st i was gonna say because Luffy just atew the fruit, but then I remembered Buggy and he just dropped...maybe Luffy is special
maybe buggy was in too much of a shock to think about living. i mean he lost the money and ability to swim (which was his specialty)
Old 2004-04-20, 23:47   Link #17
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
Ok. This'll be my last post, sick of bickering with a 15/16 yr old, just like one to try to get the last word . Have fun after this boy :fingers:
maybe u havent realized many ppl here are 15~18 yrs old. Im 17, u have a problem with that?

you're probably like 19. If you say ure any older, ure even worse. cuz it just shows how less intelligent and mature u are for ur age.

[quote]LMAO! What the hell is my problem? None kid, just bored. And yea I thought that I might have misunderstood your post, but didnt really care . Well, I apologize for being such a "hardass"( WTF is that anyway? ) if thats the way you interpreted my post. And, "chill out"? When did I seem like I wasnt doing so..... if you go back and actually read my posts, you will see that I never seemed angry or hard or whatever. But if you took them that way, I apologize
[quote]

erm... maybe u should re-read ur own post:

Quote:
How bout I make u my bitch wnkryo???. And quiet_insanity, WTF? The poster knows he sinks like a rock later on, he was confused about the fact that he sinks like a rock later on but floats in episode 4. Did you even think before you posted?
1st of all, u ovbiously didnt read quiet_insanity's post properly and made a stupid reply.
2nd u added "did u even think before u posted?" that doesnt seem so "im chilled out" and it's ovbious ure the one not thinking.

maybe ure drunk (guessing ur underaged too)
Old 2004-04-21, 00:06   Link #18
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Shh bushido-san, just let the sleeping dogs lie. We dont need this thread to get any filthier.
Old 2004-04-22, 00:21   Link #19
Lavilainepieuvre
Flames all the way!

Location: I'm in the living room where I killed Col. Mustard with the candlestick
What was the subject again ?

Ah yeah, the not droping at the bottom of the ocean thing... Well, I guess he was standing on a turtle or maybe he had floating underwear

Seriously, I think it's just another case of illogical events that seems to strike pretty much every anime. Anime - or manga - as a form of story telling which is written every week, combined to the problem of the adaptation of still images to animation, is bounded to have some minor logic problems. Only die-hard fans of anime will discussed such fact Me included...

Then again, my first hypothesis might be right

I will conclude with this highly of topic remark : GO HABS GO !
Old 2004-04-22, 02:42   Link #20
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I dont think so. As stated, Bon Clay was splashing around like an idiot, and then started to sink. I think its more of a matter of the force in which they hit the water. Luffy as a child was only tossed in, and bon clay dropped, where as the times when luffy instantly sank, he was either trapped by something (nets, giant cones of concrete) or thrown in at a high velocity.
Closed Thread