AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 11 Rating
Perfect 10 47 44.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.95%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-01-02, 19:49   Link #3021
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

if u got it in word format or pdf, just search the word distorted... ur bound to find it sooner or later.
Old 2015-01-02, 21:30   Link #3022
Miraluka
Banned

No, there was a chance Othinus will fail to return to Sargasso usiong Imagine Breaker, but as we saw later, she suceed.

Perhaps there was a 1% chance of getting the world changing but... it's Kamachi, and the man isn't fond of of the word 'change'.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 02:54   Link #3023
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

^that

and, if we take in consideration this:
Quote:
To decide between Shokuhou Misaki and Mitsuari Ayu, please reference the attached Parameter List.
And whichever one is chosen as the master, I recommend leaving the other as a slave. If the master happens to die, the equipment and funding focused on her can be reinvested into the slave for a second chance at developing a Level 5 under the same circumstances.
nt 11 "plot" was in reality Mitsuari last chance to become a level 5 * the slave become the master, by killing the previous master - this sound so "sith"-like *
and, she failed the last test *her level of nonsense was too high*

in any case, this "vs" was mean to happen, because its a fundamental part of the experiment*so, its not othinus mistake *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
if u got it in word format or pdf, just search the word distorted... ur bound to find it sooner or later.
i actually tried that with nt9 chapter 8 *no luck*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I actually believe that with Mitsuari Ayu and her "sudden" return to what was supposedly Touma's failure to save her is either a consequence or reward of Othinus bring back the dead people in NT9, unintentionally of course. I hope you guys know where I'm going with this.
that sound really awesome..but...

okay, time to re-watch "back to the future" trilogy.
Old 2015-01-06, 05:43   Link #3024
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Spoiler for Multi-Quotes:

Well more in line with my thinking is that the world was already distorted before NT8-9-10-11... We did have Angel Fall and that supposedly got fixed by Fiamma, but that was only one aspect of one phase of the world, there must probably be more that's gone unnoticed. Also with how much Magician's and Esper's change reality there could also be an effect on the world itself too. We still have all of the other phases of the world out there.

Othinus using IB to chip away all that may have caused some of those effected to be rendered *pure*, if you will? lol
Also by my speculation, normally IB can't negate what supernatural power has done to objects well how about when a Magic God uses it for a reference point? It becomes able too wipe away the aftereffects, My speculation again, By that chance possibly some deaths caused by the supernatural powers are rendered null.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 06:45   Link #3025
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Well more in line with my thinking is that the world was already distorted before NT8-9-10-11... We did have Angel Fall and that supposedly got fixed by Fiamma, but that was only one aspect of one phase of the world, there must probably be more that's gone unnoticed.
maybe they existed until people accepted the "distorted" version of the world as the normal one

Quote:
Also with how much Magician's and Esper's change reality there could also be an effect on the world itself too. We still have all of the other phases of the world out there.
esper emit AIM, and in large concentrations they create a phase on their own...
this is all...
i think magicians/humans are the main reason... afterall, even the cuthulu-magic has (should have) his own phase, the same for soriana and her lessi-magic, or cendrillon....

Quote:
Othinus using IB to chip away all that may have caused some of those effected to be rendered *pure*, if you will? lol
Also by my speculation, normally IB can't negate what supernatural power has done to objects well how about when a Magic God uses it for a reference point? It becomes able too wipe away the aftereffects, My speculation again, By that chance possibly some deaths caused by the supernatural powers are rendered null.
if this would happen i could imagine some magicians using IB as "idol" and turn their right hands into "IB's" too, so that they can cast magic but negate it form the enemys... it would be the second "step" since NT was mostly based on touma and him being the "center of attention" :/
now, after being the "center of attention" for the world leaders, IB will become the center for a new branch of magic
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 16:04   Link #3026
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
even the cuthulu-magic has (should have) his own phase
Based on what? We have no idea what exact process create a Phase naturally (meaning, without the intervention of a Majin), but from what we have been told, they all came out of existing religions. Cthulhu mythos is not a religion.
Quote:
the same for soriana and her lessi-magic
Saronia. Leshy.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 16:12   Link #3027
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Based on what? We have no idea what exact process create a Phase naturally (meaning, without the intervention of a Majin), but from what we have been told, they all came out of existing religions. Cthulhu mythos is not a religion.
after NT9 wasnt it "upgraded" how magicians use magic? i thought they now gained their "magical powers" from the phases :/
i wouldnt be suprised if one phase exist that belongs to each kind of "magic"...
and magicians are able to use the powers of differnet phases simultanously, which is the reason why they can mix spells from different religions...

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh, yeah, you are right,
cuthulu doesnt have a phase on his own... the text said that someone created the legends of the cuthulu mythos while using other magical systems and combined them togehter... that would mak cuthulu a patchwork out of many different phases (myths/religious magical systems)...
Quote:
Saronia. Leshy.
so many comlicated names
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 16:38   Link #3028
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
after NT9 wasnt it "upgraded" how magicians use magic? i thought they now gained their "magical powers" from the phases :/
Upgraded?

And...not really. We have no proof of that either (where was the Norse Phase from which Othinus was drawing her powers in NT9 then? And are Espers taking their powers from the Imaginary District?). What we know however is that the afterlives and the pantheons exist and that's it. Magicians can control (somewhat) telesma coming from Heaven, and Archangels can be accidentally called down, but Christian magic is not derived from either (they use mana and symbols like everybody else). The things I'm willing to admit the Phases might influence magic with is the birth of Saints (I doubt Saints appeared before the coming of Christ since their weaknesses are based on his Cruxifiction), Fiamma's Holy Right (since he was born with it), and the creation of Valkyries, and all of these are not manipulated by Magicians.
Quote:
the text said that someone created the legends of the cuthulu mythos
''Someone''
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 18:36   Link #3029
Inept Forum User

It seems a short preview of that little figure sidestory, which is supposedly linked to NT11, has been released on Dengeki's hobby site.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 23:39   Link #3030
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It was an ok volume, the problem is, if you're not a hard fan of Misaki you will notice her role in the series is just a product of teasing the reader since her character was hinted so much and it doesn't pays off when you realize she will be back to the shadows.

Kind of sad because others barely have foreshadowing and appear out of the blue for plot convenience.

7/10
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 06:22   Link #3031
LordZero25
Random Lurker

I don't follow the series anymore. I've read that Touma lost the ability to remember Misaki, just curious did his memory lost from old testament v1 fixed it? His brain was practically new right?

「歌は神秘」
LordZero25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 07:57   Link #3032
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZero25 View Post
I don't follow the series anymore. I've read that Touma lost the ability to remember Misaki, just curious did his memory lost from old testament v1 fixed it? His brain was practically new right?
Both of those incidents were brain damage, not just amnesia. I don't think you can fix brain damage with more brain damage. Anyway, those memories were destroyed with the rest of his memory in OT1 and he still can't retain memories of her.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 17:11   Link #3033
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I thought his memory of Misaki was locked away and didn't get damaged by the OP feather. idk, but I didn't really get anything out of the Misaki volume besides some comedy.
Old 2015-08-13, 10:10   Link #3034
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I thought his memory of Misaki was locked away and didn't get damaged by the OP feather. idk, but I didn't really get anything out of the Misaki volume besides some comedy.
-_- locked away? its brain damage and not some simple memory locked thing. The brain cells that contains those memories are destroyed and the remaining cells are also damage in a way that can't contain a memory about her.

basically its kamachi trolling the fans of misaki. it won't happen.

Tags
backstory, flashbacks, jungian archetypes, shokuhou misaki