2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-21, 04:00   Link #61
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I'm very late, but I have watched it just now, by the way I gave a 9 to this episode because I enjoyed it quite a lot, with that aura of suspence and mistery always floating around, and even more, ther rpg structure starting to slowly revealing itself (overall, I'm a lover of rpgs)
I also think that the characters are very well done, both in character design both in their behaviour. Rin is indeed very a beautiful and lovable person, but I guess my preference, as for now, goes to Saber goddess

Overall, strong improvement from episode 1, and I'm sure this is just the beginning
Old 2006-01-22, 22:35   Link #62
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
By episode 2, Bleach seemed like a typical shounen with overly cliche characters.
By episode 2, Full Moon wo Sagashite seemed like a cheese show.
By episode 2, Full Metal Alchemist seemed like a typical action series.
By episode 2, Hokuto no Ken looked like a mere gore-fest.
By episode 2, Monster looked like a typical horror story.
By episode 2, Shuffle seemed like an ordinary harem story.
By episode 2, Fafner looked like another lame Eva rip-off.

Your point?
But, the thing is, I hate all of them except FMA... Including bleach anime, the manga is way better.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 22:55   Link #63
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda
But, the thing is, I hate all of them except FMA... Including bleach anime, the manga is way better.
I can accept that, but don't forget, each and every one of the anime of I mentioned defied their early critics and went on to become known for something else other than their first impression.

Never judge a book by it's cover. If you think Fate sucks after watching all of it, fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But don't go, "This sucks" after merely 1/12th of an anime.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2006-01-22 at 23:11.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 00:28   Link #64
Rouin

Send a message via ICQ to Rouin Send a message via AIM to Rouin Send a message via MSN to Rouin Send a message via Yahoo to Rouin
Smile

>_> just finished watching episode 4 a little earlier tonight, and became an animesuki member just now...was worrying at first if there was going to be a place to discuss this anime, but looks like I should have been worrying about there being too much discussion to follow instead of there being none at all lol...anyways loving the show so far and I'm really looking forward to more.
Guess I'll save the specifics for the designated episode discussion threads respectively, but for now it's getting late and I have some things to do before going to sleep. Which is also why I more or less skimmed through this topic and didn't really read it in depth (I'll make it a point to read it fully tomorrow when I have more time) so forgive me if this has already been pointed out...and also sorry if I'm saying this in the wrong place...but when I was looking at the F/SN page over at anidb.net I happened to notice that in the picture they have posted there, Saber's sword looks suspiciously like the one Shirou keeps having blurry flashbacks of...think she was involved in the "disaster" that took place 10 years ago? If it really is her sword that he remembers being related to whatever it was that happened back then, I'd assume that she was directly involved...anyways just thought I'd bring it up incase it hadn't been noted yet...might turn out to be kind of interesting later on if that's really the case...
Once again sorry for not being able to read the entire discussion properly, and hope this was the right place for this post in the first place...anyways really enjoying this anime; can't wait for the next release, ttyl =)

"Never judge a book by it's cover." -- unless it doesn't have any pages :D
Rouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 00:46   Link #65
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouin
>_> just finished watching episode 4 a little earlier tonight, and became an animesuki member just now...was worrying at first if there was going to be a place to discuss this anime, but looks like I should have been worrying about there being too much discussion to follow instead of there being none at all lol...anyways loving the show so far and I'm really looking forward to more.
Guess I'll save the specifics for the designated episode discussion threads respectively, but for now it's getting late and I have some things to do before going to sleep. Which is also why I more or less skimmed through this topic and didn't really read it in depth (I'll make it a point to read it fully tomorrow when I have more time) so forgive me if this has already been pointed out...and also sorry if I'm saying this in the wrong place...but when I was looking at the F/SN page over at anidb.net I happened to notice that in the picture they have posted there, Saber's sword looks suspiciously like the one Shirou keeps having blurry flashbacks of...think she was involved in the "disaster" that took place 10 years ago? If it really is her sword that he remembers being related to whatever it was that happened back then, I'd assume that she was directly involved...anyways just thought I'd bring it up incase it hadn't been noted yet...might turn out to be kind of interesting later on if that's really the case...
Once again sorry for not being able to read the entire discussion properly, and hope this was the right place for this post in the first place...anyways really enjoying this anime; can't wait for the next release, ttyl =)

"Never judge a book by it's cover." -- unless it doesn't have any pages
You've made an interesting point. I thought he was having premonitions, but it might have been the opposite. Maybe he was having flashbacks. Maybe both.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 01:23   Link #66
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
*knows the answer but would be a game spoiler*
Old 2006-01-31, 01:29   Link #67
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
*knows the answer but would be a game spoiler*
Hard to hold it in isn't it? lol
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 01:38   Link #68
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I feel for the game guys. I really do. Particularly immediately following an episode when the rest of us start jumping the gun.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 01:43   Link #69
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates
Hard to hold it in isn't it? lol
Bahhh... You wouldn't know... Except, well you do! haha ya man it's hard to hold in.

It's like trying not to use the restroom after eating the spiciest mexican food on the planet. very very painful.
Old 2006-01-31, 05:16   Link #70
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Especially when someone gets oh-so-close. Of course, when some guy does jump the gun and ruin it, then it just plain sucks.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 11:10   Link #71
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
Especially when someone gets oh-so-close. Of course, when some guy does jump the gun and ruin it, then it just plain sucks.
Or if what they are speculating are one of the juicier bits or just your favourite bits from the game
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 12:15   Link #72
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
OK, I'm the late guy who likes ep. related threads.
Don't blame me, please.

I gave 8 to this one. Very good, and "exciting", in my opinion. Though I can understand ImperialPanda's feelings. And Nightengale's point of view at the same time. Just like I do with music and movies, I'm the "I can understand at once or very quickly if I'm into it, or not" type. I try not to say, "this is bad" or "this is good", but at least I know I can say, even after only 2 eps "Yeah, that's what I like, there's everything I need in a anime."

That's why I'm more on Nightengale's side in the end. Everything's is a mere matter of taste, but Fate/stay night starts very well, especially for someone like me who knows nothing about the game. I just feel like knowing what happened, and what's going to happen. Isn't that the most important?

On the other hand, I don't know why, but in some scenes, I found the lips synchronization weird. Is it me or no one noticed it? Does it get better?

Maybe I'm seeing things that don't exist, sorry.

Last edited by raphaël; 2006-08-08 at 12:24.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 06:56   Link #73
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Lip synching is dismal, horrible, during the whole series. Try to ignore it.

I had forgotten to mention that in the Final Thoughts thread...
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 09:47   Link #74
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
OK, thanks, I sort of knew I wasn't dreaming or imagining things.

Yet I suppose it didn't prevent anyone from watching the series until the end, did it?

Anyways, see you around in the ep.3 thread. lol
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote