AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-08-07, 10:26   Link #8201
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Can't be all of them. Indra and Mahabali don't seem to have cheat abilities despite being very strong. Although I hope Indra will use more powerful weapons other than Vajra.
From the Volume 13 Afterword:
Quote:
but the Hindu Gods all have cheat-like abilities
https://occult-research.club/project...e_13_Afterword

Maybe they hasn't used cause they don't think it was necessary and cause Ishi want keep them for the future

Quote:
I don't see Issei doing anything for Kiba and Nimura. Kiba is going to merge his Sacred Gears, which is more than likely going to be a new Longinus. He's Ishibumi's favorite character.
Maybe he can merged his two SG but I dunno about a Longinus.

Quote:
I think they'll be fine. Someone like Irina is better off with the Dividing Wyverns, to reflect Xenovia's Dragonar armour. However, Ishibumi doesn't seem to really care about Irina.
I'm agree on this but maybe in the last Volumes thanks Issei and Chichigami all the girls could get a blessing and armor.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 10:39   Link #8202
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
His Sword Birth is also kind of worthless because of Gram.
I won't be surprise if Kiba would say screw it to Gram and maybe get his a holy demoniac swords enhanced by the Malebranche.

Maybe the Malebranche can not just increasing the powers of devils but of the ones of weapons as well. Perhaps in their weapon form they could synchronize their aura with the ones of others weapons for boosting them at the point of damage beings above Maou Class. It would be a way to Kiba, Xenovia, Irina and Bennia to boosting their weapons and using them without turn into monsters.

Quote:
Not necessarily, since it's obvious that Ishibumi hasn't planned 100% of all power-ups in advance. So I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Issei is the MC and Ryuuteimaru wasn't planned to be AxA from the start.
I'm agree with this.

Maybe in the Ishi's blog Issei, Vali, Cao Cao, Tobio and Gasper were the only ones with the ??? cause he have managed to think something about them already but not about the others.

I mean Ingvild's Longinus in the blog haven't the ??? but we should seriously believe that she of all people wouldn't even get the BXB?

Ishi could always surprise us, he is the author and we aren't fortune tellers.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2023-08-07 at 12:56.
Old 2023-08-07, 16:00   Link #8203
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Not necessarily, since it's obvious that Ishibumi hasn't planned 100% of all power-ups in advance. So I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Issei is the MC and Ryuuteimaru wasn't planned to be AxA from the start.

And who knows, the fusion might create some extra different abilities as well.
Problem is, Kiba already has holy demonic swords, which is what you'd expect from a fusion of these two Sacred Gears.

This is probably why he gave him Gram in the first place.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 18:09   Link #8204
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Problem is, Kiba already has holy demonic swords, which is what you'd expect from a fusion of these two Sacred Gears.

Also why Ishibumi only revealed he had gotten Blade Blacksmith in Volume 9 despite the fact that he had gotten it in Volume 3. He should never have given him a second Sacred Gear in the first place.

Plus as a Longinus Ishibumi would make its abilities unclear like with Aeon Balor which to my knowledge just has the same time-stopping power as Forbidden Balor View. Sure Gasper's is more powerful because of the fragment of Valor's consciousness but is the whole turning into a darkness monster and moving through shadows an ability of his Longinus of his vampiric abilities?

There's really no way to merge Kiba's Sacred Gears and turning it into a Longinus without clashing with other abilities and powers like Canis Lykaon whose main ability is basically the same thing.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 04:34   Link #8205
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

Plus as a Longinus Ishibumi would make its abilities unclear like with Aeon Balor which to my knowledge just has the same time-stopping power as Forbidden Balor View. Sure Gasper's is more powerful because of the fragment of Valor's consciousness but is the whole turning into a darkness monster and moving through shadows an ability of his Longinus of his vampiric abilities?
Do vampires turn into monsters? I thought they only create monsters from their bodies. Gasper doesn't create monsters from his body IIRC.

It's called Gasper Balor mode and he can regenerate without sleeping inside a coffin. I'm sure it's another one of Balor's powers.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 06:40   Link #8206
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
It's called Gasper Balor mode and he can regenerate without sleeping inside a coffin. I'm sure it's another one of Balor's powers.
I wonder what would be the ??? of Gasper in the Ishi's Blog?

There who have speculated that maybe Gasper's Power Up could be something he can get by drinking Issei's blood once again.
Old 2023-08-08, 08:55   Link #8207
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post

There who have speculated that maybe Gasper's Power Up could be something he can get by drinking Issei's blood once again.
Seems way overdone. Plus Elmenhilde already uses Issei as a blood bank.

As long as the power-up isn't just him being a hand+to-hand fighter for no reason at all, I'm okay with it.
Old 2023-08-08, 09:41   Link #8208
Xuanwu

Quote:

He should get more time related abilities aside from stopping time. Perhaps reversing time to undo damage, for example. Or maybe that's redundant since he already has regeneration. I also think time reversal is probably going to be one of Melvazoa's abilities.

Personal time acceleration comes to mind, but it's too similar to Procellarum Phantom. I'd prefer if these abilities are unique to certain individuals. So I dunno. There's the option of making his darkness abilities more broken and powerful.

It would be cool if Gasper awakened extra time abilities, similarly to Kurono from Rakudai. It could be triggered by his feelings for Valerie.
Old 2023-08-08, 14:56   Link #8209
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
He should get more time related abilities aside from stopping time.
Maybe he could have the ability to see in future for some seconds.

If Starsend Momentum like someone speculated could be kind of clairvoyance then maybe for fight a Asmodeus's descendant who used a Malebranche it can be that Gasper could development a clairvoyance as well.

Quote:
Personal time acceleration comes to mind, but it's too similar to Procellarum Phantom.
I think that Ishi could have more plans for Nimura, she together with Bennia and Garou was one of the members of Sona Sitri's peerage members that Ishi add to the group of the main cast

Quote:
It would be cool if Gasper awakened extra time abilities, similarly to Kurono from Rakudai. It could be triggered by his feelings for Valerie.
Well we know that his future counterpart of EX have time manipulation so powerful that is consider a Super Devil so it can be.
Old 2023-08-08, 17:19   Link #8210
Xuanwu

What's the speculation about Starsend Moment?
Old 2023-08-08, 17:42   Link #8211
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

From what I have see there is people who have speculating that Starsend Momentum could be something like a counter ability such the one of Falbium Asmodeus others think it can be something like a ability to see in the future.
Old 2023-08-08, 20:08   Link #8212
Lucidrago

Quote:
He should get more time related abilities aside from stopping time. Perhaps reversing time to undo damage, for example. Or maybe that's redundant since he already has regeneration. I also think time reversal is probably going to be one of Melvazoa's abilities.

Personal time acceleration comes to mind, but it's too similar to Procellarum Phantom. I'd prefer if these abilities are unique to certain individuals. So I dunno. There's the option of making his darkness abilities more broken and powerful.

The more complex or overpowered Ishibumi makes certain abilities the more he tends to underutilize them or nerf them outright.

He writes in a these interesting powers that can be used in versatile or very tactical ways but he tends to write fights in a DBZ-esque manner. He tends to forget certain abilities exist like Excalibur Blessing and Nightmare. While not showing others at all like two of Saji's Sacred Gears. Or cutting them out the plot entirely like Annihilation Maker and Sephiroth Graal. While nerfing certain powers that should be way more powerful than they are shown like Rias's POD, Akeno's Holy Lightning, or any holy power in general.

For example Gasper and Saji just became hand-to-hand combatants despite the fact their abilities really contradict that being their main fighting style. He even made Dulio a hand-to-hand combatant against Issei in Volume 23 despite Zenith Tempest being a long-range Longinus. And he even had Cao Cao just boost his spear's power in his fight against Sairaorg rather than using his seven abilities. And in Volume 19 when Gasper fought Strada he didn't even use his time stopping ability at all. Then Ishibuni showed him fighting some fodder and then pretty much cut him out of the major fights concerning Rias by turning him into a power-up for her.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up concerning certain abilities.
Old 2023-08-08, 20:31   Link #8213
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

Fusing them could have the holy demonic swords be the default state of SG. This leaves open new potential in regards to the balance breaker. Maybe even his demonic swords could be fused into it as well
Old 2023-08-09, 10:46   Link #8214
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Maybe even his demonic swords could be fused into it as well
Maybe, it could be interesting.

Kiba need something stronger than Gram but not cursed.

I was thinking about the possibility that Issei thanks the power of Ryuuuteimaru could make a evolved version of the Dividing Wyvern Fairy that can turn into weapons. Immagine a red and black sword that can release of few amount of Ophis and GR's aura wielded by Kiba.

There is also the possibility that he could use a Malebranche but instead of power up himself he could use it in the weapon form or maybe the Malebranche could share its with Kiba's Demoniac Sword for increasing their power.
Old 2023-08-09, 19:22   Link #8215
Lucidrago

Quote:
Maybe, it could be interesting.

Kiba need something stronger than Gram but not cursed.

I was thinking about the possibility that Issei thanks the power of Ryuuuteimaru could make a evolved version of the Dividing Wyvern Fairy that can turn into weapons. Immagine a red and black sword that can release of few amount of Ophis and GR's aura wielded by Kiba.

There is also the possibility that he could use a Malebranche but instead of power up himself he could use it in the weapon form or maybe the Malebranche could share its with Kiba's Demoniac Sword for increasing their power.
It's not that Gram isn't powerful but Ishibumi seems to not really show it properly. For example, Arthur is supposed to be one of the strongest humans with just his Holy King sword and is supposed to be a rival for Kiba and supposedly matched Siegfried. But Arthur realistically should really be no match against those two with all the equipment that they have. Even taking Kiba's weakness to holy swords as a devil which Ishubumi tends to be very selective with, Arthur still shouldn't be a match for him with all the abilities Kiba has at his disposal. Same goes for Arthur and Siegfried.

Also Gram is supposedly the strongest dragon slayer but not once did Siegfried actually make use of it as he never fought against Issei even though that would have been the perfect opportunity to display what the sword was capable of. And Kiba's last-ditch attack against Issei in Shin Volume 2 didn't even involve Gram which makes no sense.

Gram and the 4 demonic swords that Kiba wields was supposed to be a major power-up but as far as I'm concerned you could simply replace them with the demonic swords Kiba makes with Sword Birth and you really wouldn't notice a difference. Same goes for most of the main cast's special abilities and equipment in this series.

The only people that power-ups really matter for and has any long-term relevance are Issei and Vali. Everyone else just gets thrown a bone or two or outright ignored. So making the Malebranche a power-up for everyone and their mother is just a waste of time and writing space and Ishibumi really has either of those at this point.

Just give the Malebranche to Vali off-screen and give him Lucifer's special ability and call it a day.
L
Old 2023-08-09, 19:41   Link #8216
Dareal_truth

Ish needs writing classes he needs help asap age can make you better but on his behalf the health doesn’t work well in his favor so much ability potential for so many characters. Just make the Malebranche have host for interesting villains.
Dareal_truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 22:29   Link #8217
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Ish needs writing classes he needs help asap age can make you better but on his behalf the health doesn’t work well in his favor so much ability potential for so many characters. Just make the Malebranche have host for interesting villains.
It's really not that. Since the beginning the writing of DxD has been average at best and still is but there seems to be something lacking in the series now compared to back then. Like since the fourth arc Ishibumi wants to change the overall focus of DxD to something more serious but is kind of half-assing it while still keeping DxD light-hearted and comedic at its core. And he seems to be running short on originality as he is just rewriting plots at this point. Also the fights lack the originality they once had and are just the same back and forth power struggles rather than a fight that has any legitimate meaning.

Since the fourth arc ended, I feel that Ishibumi has decided to bring this series to an end and introduce all the characters in the main plot that he never had a legitimate reason to do so before then hence the reason for the Azazel Cup while using it as kind of a stopgap while Ishibumi wandered around in the dark searching for a new enemy before finally deciding to end it with the Evies.

It feels like Ishibumi wants to add so much more to the series while wanting to end it as soon as he possibly can. And the quality of the current volumes and what has happened in them just reflects that.

I kind of felt like the editor wasn't really doing their job properly and now DxD is oversaturated with too many plots and too many characters at this point while the world is barely developed and certain characters remain static.
Old 2023-08-10, 03:52   Link #8218
B214

Ishibumi seems to be writing with sequels and spin offs on mind and end up causing the main story to feel bloated with characters.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 05:10   Link #8219
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Ishibumi seems to be writing with sequels and spin offs on mind and end up causing the main story to feel bloated with characters.
Well, that would only explain the existence of characters like Ouryuu and Millarca as they are supposed to have their own story if Ishibumi gets his way. That would include Mitsuya and Shizuka by extension. Plus, the Slash Dog team of course.

Other new characters have been kinda pointless so far, like Latia or Iryuka. There's no reason these characters couldn't have been introduced in the Millicas spin-off he wants to write. It seems like they are potential love interests, but he could have just added Seekvaira to the harem especially since she's like one of the only girls that has similar hobbies and interests as Issei.

We've never needed ExE or FxF and I hope he's not planning to keep Melvazoa and Seraselbes for a Boruto-esque spin-off. Indra, Shiva and/or the Malebranche would have been okay for the final antagonists.
Old 2023-08-10, 05:44   Link #8220
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Other new characters have been kinda pointless so far, like Latia or Iryuka. There's no reason these characters couldn't have been introduced in the Millicas spin-off he wants to write. It seems like they are potential love interests, but he could have just added Seekvaira to the harem especially since she's like one of the only girls that has similar hobbies and interests as Issei.
Agree, that short story was basically useless just like many others. I dunno be potentially members of the harem but I hope it could happened since this at very least would give them a reason to exist.

I think that Seekvaria isn't becoming one of Issei's girls cause maybe Ishi has choice that Rias should be the only one of the 4 Rookie King to be in the harem.

Quote:
We've never needed ExE or FxF and I hope he's not planning to keep Melvazoa and Seraselbes for a Boruto-esque spin-off. Indra, Shiva and/or the Malebranche would have been okay for the final antagonists.
I too hope he haven't such kind of plans.

I believe that he has though that the Eevie by before the Azazel Cup, we know that he was thinking that make Shiva the final antagonist but if you think about it we have heard of Chichigami already by Volume 7.