AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 12 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 19.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 26.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.23%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-06, 13:11   Link #81
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
TBH I agree with LevelSeven about the comedy. To Aru's humour is at best amusing but generally just lame and becomes like a broken record. So the less of it the better IMO.
yay, someone with the same "this is funny and this is not"-lvl as me

Quote:
I hope you've gotten whatever made you feel that way sorted out.
thanks and yes, the answer was: intensive studying (for university) with part-time job

Quote:
But, if this were a really serious dramatic novel, then yeah... Touma would likely break and wouldn't get over those kinds of thoughts with a bit of moral support from The Will and a bit of tough love / a kick up the arse from Mikoto. But this isn't the type of series thats going to go down a prolonged emotional analysis or anything, I don't think it's the type of novel that will (or should) do that.
if kamachi went to such lengths to "analyze" toumas char than it should at least go and end it properly, for me it feels like he stopped midway :/
but...

EDIT: two words and the reason became obvious -thanks at miraluka -XD like fizix said, "to obvious to notice" XD
@chaos
Quote:
It's bad when it's using cliches repeatedly.
THIS!
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 13:13   Link #82
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's good when it's being witty with words and playing against expectations.

It's bad when it's using cliches repeatedly.

There, problem solved.
AGREE

can we get better reaction from Index and Mikoto next time? or just use other characters that could probably show something different and not something we saw since the beginning of the series. Like Seriously.

I miss the delta force combi.
Old 2015-03-06, 13:19   Link #83
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
yay, someone with the same "this is funny and this is not"-lvl as me
It's called becoming an adult, I think... maybe.

Quote:
thanks and yes, the answer was: intensive studying (for university) with part-time job
Glad to hear it

Quote:
if kamachi went to such lengths to "analyze" toumas char than it should at least go and end it properly, for me it feels like he stopped midway :/
but...
I think he did conclude it though, as far as an LN like this would do so. Moral support from the Will and a kick up the backside from Mikoto = job done.

Quote:
EDIT: two words and the reason became obvious -thanks at miraluka -XD like fizix said, "to obvious to notice" XD
I was trying to guess and the best I could come up with was "Yuppie Arseholes" and thought it probably meant that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I said the problem is solved guys, you don't need to carry on.
You being bossy again? 😱😱😱
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 13:24   Link #84
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
It's called becoming an adult, I think... maybe.
no, i want to stay a child forever
damn, i will go to Neverland next sunday so that i will be a child for all eternity and enjoy this "jokes"
Quote:
I think he did conclude it though, as far as an LN like this would do so. Moral support from the Will and a kick up the backside from Mikoto = job done.
true, like you said, this story doesnt focus on such things, still it felt a bit "to easy" :/
Quote:
I was trying to guess and the best I could come up with was "Yuppie Arseholes" and though it probably meant that.

Quote:
You being bossy again?
maybe annoyed?
Old 2015-03-06, 13:58   Link #85
DragonXX

Do think Accel will need to get a new wing form to be of any use against the Magic Gods or do you think he could do some damage to them with just th white wing form?

Do you think nokren will a apper and fight one of the magic god or could THAT be nokren or Fräulein?

Right now after hearing how powerful then Magic Gods are, I believe that Crowley may be the only person Tomua can get help from because everyone else can get mind**** by the magic gods and become Tomua enemy and I want to know if this will be the next level of Tomua pain after NT9, knowing he no longer have any one who will not stab him in the back because the magic gods say so.

What do think the next level of Tomua pain is going to be after NT9?

I think he is going to failled to save someone and NT11 was foreshadowing it.
The magic gods may of did something to save Othunis but does not mean they would think thatTouma failling someone else will have a bad effart on Tomua growth or another Magic God or Crowley may made it happen because they think it better for Tomua growth

Last edited by DragonXX; 2015-03-06 at 14:15.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 14:39   Link #86
sasoras

I'll admit i have never laughed at a Lightnovel comedy routine EVER in any series, i just consider it as something to set the place of the atmosphere/mood for the scene. It's also a way of gauging relationships between the characters.

As for people skipping scenes, just know that when you decide to make an opinion in the future, you risk being misinformed due to the willing lack of knowledge of the content.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 14:45   Link #87
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Do think Accel will need to get a new wing form to be of any use against the Magic Gods or do you think he could do some damage to them with just th white wing form?
it doesnt matter which wing-form he has...
the inexplicable power is practially kamachis/accels deus-ex-machina against any hyped villian...

"oh, look, kakine with glowing wings and the power to be mostlikley on par with a majin"
next scene: highigneneijgnegkneovnervkDIEkfnefvnejneeng
"oh, look, kakine is defeated.....how??"
answer: inexplicable power

and now replace kakine and his hype with any other char and the outcome will be the same... the only limit would be: "does kamachi want accel to defeat this superpowered super-being or not?"
Quote:
Do you think nokren will a apper and fight one of the magic god or could THAT be nokren or Fräulein?
he will mostlikley show up and speak cryptically again so that we wont be able to understand it and guess until the next volume is out...
it is nice that kamachi wants to give them such a mysterious feeling BUT it annoys me a bit, it is as if everyone who reaches a certain powerlvl starts to speak like that on purpose
btw, i highly doubt frau will ever be useful again :/
Quote:
Right now after hearing how powerful then Magic Gods are, I believe that Crowley may be the only person Tomua can get help from because everyone else can get mind**** by the magic gods and become Tomua enemy and I want to know if this will be the next level of Tomua pain after NT9,
touma isnt even a enemy, hell, the most he is agaisnt this beings is a bug with a slightly harder shell than the other ones...
+ we already saw that tortue and such stuff dont work on his mind :/ so, the effort to turn his friends into enemys is useless...
+ the only ons who could be a thrat for them are aleister, aiwass and nouken :/
Quote:
knowing he no longer have any one who will not stab him in the back because the magic gods say so.
this would also happen with a Lvl4 memory-manipulating esper
+ there would be no reset button for him to come back to life XD
Quote:
doesnt matter since he will shrug it off and everything goes back to status quo :/
Quote:
would be aweosome, but only if it effects him, if not it will be pointless... but better than the current situation XD
Quote:
The magic gods may of did something to save Othunis but does not mean they would think thatTouma failling someone else will have a bad effart on Tomua growth or another Magic God or Crowley may made it happen because they think it better for Tomua growth
agree, but only time(and sj06 translation) will answer this oh, yeah, kamachi too
Old 2015-03-06, 15:03   Link #88
DragonXX

You know something I would like to see is for a Magic God give some people back the memory of the Alpha, Beta and Omega world because it will have a bad effect on a lot of people close to Tomua.

Tomua may have an unbreakable will but other do not.

Maybe a Magic God can force someone close to Tomua to try and hurt him ready bad and then undo it, this will have a bad effect on then because they will remember that they did it of there free will at that moment that will be far worse for someone mind but I don't know if the Magic Gods would be so evil but they did say that this world is there play toy.Like do this to Index or Mikoto(HA HA HA HA)

What I would like see is mind****ing to all.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2015-03-06 at 15:28.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 15:59   Link #89
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post

As for people skipping scenes, just know that when you decide to make an opinion in the future, you risk being misinformed due to the willing lack of knowledge of the content.
Praise be, say it again, say it loud
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 16:44   Link #90
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Right now after hearing how powerful then Magic Gods are, I believe that Crowley may be the only person Tomua can get help from because everyone else can get mind**** by the magic gods and become Tomua enemy and I want to know if this will be the next level of Tomua pain after NT9, knowing he no longer have any one who will not stab him in the back because the magic gods say so.

Also the magic gods are on a while other level of power it's not even fair to put them on the same tier as other characters even Othinus at the hight of her power, Accelerator isn't winning a fight against them unless they get nerfed for some stupid reason like plot demanding it.

It's "Noukan" and no, a cigar smoking dog and a homeless little girl won't do anything to them either, they a called "Magic gods" for a reason if characters could defeat them so easily then they would be the worst magic gods ever.

1. Crowley got his ass handed to him by them and had to retreat like a little bitch to recuperate afyer what I'm guessing was the most epic beat down in history.

2. How is Touma even gonna conract Alister when they haven't even met? How would Touma know that Alister already fought them before?

3. Stab in the back by who? Are we reading the same Light Novel?

Not nearly as much since they don't seem to want to hurt him and he seems to factor into their plans, now if he was a nuisance then it would spell trouble for him.

No it wasn't, it was telling us he already failed to save someone once before in the past, there was no foreshadowing except that the Kiharas have something big planned in the background for wjen they make their move in some future arc.

The last paragraph doesn't even make sense considering what's happened so far.

Quote:
You know something I would like to see is for a Magic God give some people back the memory of the Alpha, Beta and Omega world because it will have a bad effect on a lot of people close to Tomua.

Maybe a Magic God can force someone close to Tomua to try and hurt him ready bad and then undo it, this will have a bad effect on then because they will remember that they did it of there free will at that moment that will be far worse for someone mind but I don't know if the Magic Gods would be so evil but they did say that this world is there play toy.Like do this to Index or Mikoto(HA HA HA HA)

What I would like see is mind****ing to all.
Why would they? What would be the purpose of that? It makes no sense to even do that, what would they gain from that?

Seriously nothing you have said makes any sense since pretty much all of it goes against everything established so far about the magic gods.

Then write a fanfic.
Old 2015-03-06, 17:07   Link #91
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
No it wasn't, it was telling us he already failed to save someone once before in the past, there was no foreshadowing except that the Kiharas have something big planned in the background for wjen they make their move in some future arc.
the ending of both NT 10 and NT 11
There was was definitely foreshadowing of the possibility of Touma failing to save someone close to him
That entire inner monologue with Touma thinking Othinus was dead,
The Magic Gods getting worried about it making changes to him.
And Seria pretty much saying that he can't handle it

There was too much indication to not think there was some foreshadowing

Last edited by Kenju of the Right; 2015-03-06 at 17:23.
Old 2015-03-06, 17:54   Link #92
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
if touma(+ sidekick) need to fight against a magic god, it can happen.

but not at large scale, maybe with only 1--2 individuals.
*the affected characters are gonna end thinking that it was just a illusion created by an esper*

Quote:
Maybe a Magic God can force someone close to Tomua to try and hurt him ready bad and then undo it
sadly, that is not gonna happen..or, at least it will not have the end that you are hoping for.

Quote:
I don't know if the Magic Gods would be so evil but they did say that this world is there play toy.Like do this to Index or Mikoto(HA HA HA HA)
the magic god don't look like "antagonists"..or, at least they look "reasonable "
*dismembering oneself, so the world can keep existing another day..say a lot.*

--------------
Quote:
It's "Noukan" and no, a cigar smoking dog and a homeless little girl won't do anything to them either, they a called "Magic gods" for a reason if characters could defeat them so easily then they would be the worst magic gods ever.
they don't look too..mm "threatening" neither..

i can see noukan fighting against these "conveniently" nerfed magic gods for a while..that noukan will end wining , that is another tale
Quote:
1. Crowley got his ass handed to him by them and had to retreat like a little bitch to recuperate afyer what I'm guessing was the most epic beat down in history.
even if aleisteir got owned, he its still breathing and the magic-gods are looking for a new "pocket plane" to live...

....and lets not start with the fact that it was 1 dude against a bunch of now-homeless magic gods..
Old 2015-03-06, 18:26   Link #93
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

The world is safe because they're so reasonable, I hope Touma doesn't make one of them angry.
I think Aliester has some way of stopping them from destroying the world or nerfing their ability

Old 2015-03-06, 18:32   Link #94
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
The world is safe because they're so reasonable, I hope Touma doesn't make one of them angry.
I think Aliester has some way of stopping them from destroying the world or nerfing their ability
Yup, and its called aiwass arch-theme (or so) controller
Old 2015-03-06, 20:31   Link #95
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
the ending of both NT 10 and NT 11
There was was definitely foreshadowing of the possibility of Touma failing to save someone close to him
That entire inner monologue with Touma thinking Othinus was dead,
The Magic Gods getting worried about it making changes to him.
And Seria pretty much saying that he can't handle it

There was too much indication to not think there was some foreshadowing
The question is: When?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 21:33   Link #96
DLH VII
Itsuka Kotori's Hater

Quote:
Yup, and its called aiwass arch-theme (or so) controller
Archtype Controller, I think.
Old 2015-03-06, 21:35   Link #97
LG-MAX 2.o

I do not think that will happen now, it would bring a big change to the series, and Kamachi not like change, he has established Touma as the savior.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 22:41   Link #98
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Ok lets try that in a way that makes some sense

it could happen with a rogue magic god or Aliester finally tries to put a leash on Touma

Old 2015-03-07, 02:42   Link #99
The One Above God
Kamijou

Seeing this made my longing for illustrations of this volume stronger
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 05:10   Link #100
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
The question is: When?
Who knows, I think the more fun question would be who will he lose?
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote