AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 12 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 19.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 26.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.23%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-06, 09:52   Link #61
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

it seems to me, like there may be more than one person faking as the Number 6,

That Othinus scene was pretty fun, reminded me of Tom & Jerry
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 09:54   Link #62
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine Breaker View Post
Finally, PV was released.

Why do I get the feeling that King Arthur's legend was somehow connected to Imagine Breaker?
Because one of the theories is that one of IB's past forms to the shape of powerful magical objects and places (as far as we know Touma might be the first and only human to inherit IB) so it wouldn't be weird if it was once Excalibur.
Old 2015-03-06, 09:59   Link #63
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
it seems to me, like there may be more than one person faking as the Number 6,

That Othinus scene was pretty fun, reminded me of Tom & Jerry
The best part was she kept up being a kamidere and in the end lost.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 10:00   Link #64
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Still the pride of a God
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 10:04   Link #65
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post
Nice so far. Nephthys's description seems hot; a hot brown :3
And Niang-Niang's design is one of my favs too; a short China dress with baggy sleeves <3

Finally the Gemstones are gonna be relevant again >.<

Has it been mentioned before that Holistic espers cause tornadoes on the other side of the planet when they appear? Don't remember that one.

Well looking interesting.

As for chp1...I wonder if this was the story to that guy in NT7 becoming Aihana Etsu or this is someone completely different? He's a 12 yr old and seems weak. How the hell is he gonna pull it off?

Othi-tan's parts were so kawaii. Poor her, being Shinx's play toy XD Touma should make her a ladder into the tub so she can sleep with him :P
Is one of many #6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Because one of the theories is that one of IB's past forms to the shape of powerful magical objects and places (as far as we know Touma might be the first and only human to inherit IB) so it wouldn't be weird if it was once Excalibur.
Ollerus even mentioned a sword.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 10:13   Link #66
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
and i thought i was the only one who thought that...
but at least it is less painful than other things :/ still waiting for touma to have a mental breakdown because of the torture in NT9... will mostlikley never happen
It seems you missed the entire chapter 7 of NT9 when he tries to kill himself and breaks down talking to the Will of the Misaka Network (which it's such a mouthful I'll refer to her as WoMN from now on) and the second part of the fight with Mikoto in NT10 when he breaks down again. So, yeah, it's probably not going to happen in a future volume because it already happened.

Quote:
i will skip the useless stuff and directly go to the "real" action XD
Skipping things is what leads to misunderstanding things later, but it's your choice.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 11:42   Link #67
zaikoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
It seems you missed the entire chapter 7 of NT9 when he tries to kill himself and breaks down talking to the Will of the Misaka Network (which it's such a mouthful I'll refer to her as WoMN from now on) and the second part of the fight with Mikoto in NT10 when he breaks down again. So, yeah, it's probably not going to happen in a future volume because it already happened.

Skipping things is what leads to misunderstanding things later, but it's your choice.
Yup,Touma will never break again after Index NT 9 thanks to Will Of Misaka Network.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 11:49   Link #68
tsunade666

Quote:

lvl7 probably meant pstd stuff. You just can't just shrug those traumatic stuff.

Quote:
i will skip the useless stuff and directly go to the "real" action XD
You don't skip those useless stuff lvl7. Even if they are annoying. They are still useful like when someone claim that Mikoto become tame when and not attacking Touma anymore then I quote NT 8 parts that clearly shows that Mikoto is still trigger happy. Its pretty interesting when I say that did we even read the same book. I know I'm being arse bu well. I just can't stop complaining about stuff I don't like and I can't stop praising what I like.

Like what LazyHunter said in NT 9. When Touma decides to just to end himself.

That is pure gold man. Pure gold. I also love NT 10 despite it being rushed and minus the endless nightmare at the end. As I pray for unlimited miracle works that it ended in that "scene" and the after scene is just a joke but its reality.
Old 2015-03-06, 11:53   Link #69
LevelSeven

Quote:
not......really.....
he talked, if "thinking about suicide" and "having doubts about ones own actions" is a mental breakdown than i was already broken without realizing it
but to be fair, i think that since this "stuff" is the closest thing we will get for toumas "mental issues" i must accept it
Quote:
i skipped the airport-swimsuit-fanserive-stuff without any later complications XD
the same should work here too XD

@tsunade
Quote:
You don't skip those useless stuff lvl7. Even if they are annoying.
not everyone has your iron will we (normal humans) need to skip this parts since they can shatter our will to read into pieces XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:21   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Skipping out the Misaki swimsuit would lose out the effect later on that all those happy memories came with a darker twist that someone out there was suffering because of something as innocent as it. At least thats how it feels like to me.

But hey thou art the law. Just don't let me catch you sprouting misinformation later on.

And yes, you're pretty much broken if that were the case That you have suicidal tendencies. It wasn't just thoughts, he was really ready to go through with it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:22   Link #71
Trung-t-rung

Fuu, finally have time to read the preview.
I won't say anything much about since I prefer to enjoy the whole book before giving any comments about it.
Quote:

@tsunade

not everyone has your iron will we (normal humans) need to skip this parts since they can shatter our will to read into pieces XD
You don't like fun thingcomedic/harem shenanigans, lvl 7 ?
I admit they don't contribute much to the story but I always enjoy good comedy even in action/serious stuff. Kind of reminded me of MSG series in-game jokes and stuffs.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:32   Link #72
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
You don't like fun thingcomedic/harem shenanigans, lvl 7 ?
I admit they don't contribute much to the story but I always enjoy good comedy even in action/serious stuff. Kind of reminded me of MSG series in-game jokes and stuffs.
The comedic and harem parts would be probably fun to read if I don't have high expectation for this series. I just love the plot and settings of this series that the comedic parts are a bit annoying for me to read.

I don't know for lvl7 but the I prefer to just think of it as a omake.

Plus whether you like it or not. Some hints are being dropped in the comedic parts that would probably be significant.
Old 2015-03-06, 12:43   Link #73
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

okay...

i really want to see nephthys illustration
*so much potential ...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Holy crap those Magic God's are broken, just entering would destroy the world!?
yeah..i demand a better explanation....magic gods/magic gods powers "born-created " in the earth, so there shouldn't be any problem for a magic god to walk on the earth..they are not "aliens" to this world .

...plot

Quote:
not......really.....
he talked, if "thinking about suicide" and "having doubts about ones own actions" is a mental breakdown than i was already broken without realizing it
those moments of "realization/self-understanding" are just a ..marvelous

Quote:
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! ..no really

just turn-off your brain, pal ..and enjoy the comedy!
*if you mean the no-so gags parts..then really turn off your brain- or skip those parts *
Old 2015-03-06, 12:47   Link #74
LevelSeven

TL;DR…
chaos
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

TL;DR…
trung

TL;DR…
tsunade

@dazo
Quote:
just turn-off your brain, pal ..and enjoy the comedy!
*if you mean the no-so gags parts..then really turn off your brain- or skip those parts *
im already doing the "skip"-thing
Quote:
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! ..no really
yup, in 10-20 years i will wear purple clothes and tell everyone how i got scars on my face with always changing storys about a cr*ppy childhood + i give myself the name of a playcard XD
did you find out who i am??)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:50   Link #75
Fizix
Nitpicking

TBH I agree with LevelSeven about the comedy. To Aru's humour is at best amusing but generally just lame and becomes like a broken record. So the less of it the better IMO.

I hope you've gotten whatever made you feel that way sorted out.

But, if this were a really serious dramatic novel, then yeah... Touma would likely break and wouldn't get over those kinds of thoughts with a bit of moral support from The Will and a bit of tough love / a kick up the arse from Mikoto. But this isn't the type of series thats going to go down a prolonged emotional analysis or anything, I don't think it's the type of novel that will (or should) do that.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:53   Link #76
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I really enjoy the comedy and it's always pretty funny to me. It's part of the identity of Index, as well. So I'm glad it's usually always there throughout the novel. It's a book aimed at YA, so it's not going anywhere.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:57   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's good when it's being witty with words and playing against expectations.

It's bad when it's using cliches repeatedly.

There, problem solved.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:59   Link #78
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I really enjoy the comedy and it's always pretty funny to me. It's part of the identity of Index, as well. So I'm glad it's usually always there throughout the novel. It's a book aimed at YA, so it's not going anywhere.
YA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's good when it's being witty with words and playing against expectations.

It's bad when it's using cliches repeatedly.

There, problem solved.
I would agree that its funny when it's humour based around exchanges between characters and stuff. Its when its being slapstick or whatever that it fails.
Old 2015-03-06, 13:09   Link #79
Miraluka
Banned

Young audience.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 13:11   Link #80
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Young audience.

Oh right... Lol... of course it does. ☺️😔

We'll call it so obvious I didn't notice.