2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-05, 02:11   Link #61
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I wonder if they made the admiral missing because the plans have already been figured out and since he's not there to be able to change the plans, it'll lead to a devastating defeat at the battle of midway.
This doesn't really make sense. They already know more or less that their codes have been broken. There was enough time to change the plans.
Old 2015-03-05, 02:43   Link #62
msg

as already said..

That Fubuki's whiningcrying, self doubt and jealousy is totally unnecessary imo.That scene is so awkward.They could use that part to show the attack of the HQ a bit more and tone down a bit of that "drama".I know this anime is focused on fubuki but they could use her part in better ways like say for example more patroling and training with yuudachi and mitsuki..(or the enemy pov spying on the island or the Hq girls defending the base against the suprise attack..etc)
....that factory scene leading up to yuudachi is also unnecessary...it's a repeat of the same thing and doesn't move the plot.

And still no Musashi and subs cameo...

...And Nagato at the end:"fubuki, i choose you!" is lol
Old 2015-03-05, 03:39   Link #63
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
As for the ending, Fubuki gets Kai Ni. Why was a third of ep9 dedicated to showing Fubuki dealing with her issues when she just gets her second remodel at the end anyway? The whole drama could have been replaced by something more meaningful instead.
I don't think it's just a matter of deciding to remodel her and that's it. It does seems like the current plan is to remodel her, so they will make an effort to grind her next episode (like training).
Old 2015-03-05, 04:05   Link #64
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Ayo, fuckin Yuudachi. Holy shit, that black. That slick black uniform. Those red eyes. Wow. She looks so much better now.
Don't forget what the other destroyer girls focused on - them legs and those fuel tanks. XDDD

The episode was good, can understand Fubuki's frustration/sadnessas she feels drifiting further away from her dream to sail with Akagi in one fleet.

Would have liked some more action, but I guess we get the full package in episode 11 and 12 with 10 being a SoL about Fubuki getting an upgrade where she still looks pretty much like before. XD

Disbanding her fleet means though that Kaga and Zuikaku aren't sleeping in the same room anymore, right? D:
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 05:13   Link #65
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I wonder if they made the admiral missing because the plans have already been figured out and since he's not there to be able to change the plans, it'll lead to a devastating defeat at the battle of midway.
Didn't they already do operation F-S or is it F-S that they're preparing for and I'm miss remembering things? F-S (or the real version of it) in the war IIRC was the plan to "liberate" the island of Fiji and that was cancelled when they had massive losses at Midway.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 07:55   Link #66
Marina2

Hmm, I guess Yuudachi will replace either Ikazuchi or Inazuma in 1div carrier group right? wait, no...after ep.5 we don't know who are in 1div carrier group right now....

Come to think of it, if Ikazuchi and Inazuma can go sortie with 1div carrier group (which is Fubuki life's goal), I guess that means Akatsuki sisters in anime have high level or very skilled. Too bad we never see them in battle after ep.1.

Anyway, which fleet does Fubuki belong to after this ep? The same fleet with Mutsuki?

and can I hope for Fubuki x Mutsuki next ep? :P
Old 2015-03-05, 08:13   Link #67
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post

On the second point, with Fubuki's recent accomplishments, it's easy to forget that she, the MC, is not the only one in the base that has been putting in her all. The Akatsuki sisters aside, that her fellow newbies (Mutsuki and Yuudachi) were deemed good enough to take part in MO shows that they weren't too shabby themselves too. Yuudachi's Kai Ni probably came at a right time imho. Many a character has stumbled because their hard work and subsequent success have lulled them gradually into complacency and/or a mentality that they're the only ones in the team (or at least among their peers) that's actually contributing to the overall effort. I think Fubuki has at least fallen into the second category. Her depression imho stems from a disgruntlement which itself comes from a belief that her contributions are being unfairly overlooked in favour of a less deserving comrade. It's only after she is shown that she was not alone in diligence that she realises her own ignorance (and perhaps arrogance) and finally cheers up =3
THIS.

I really am surprised why everyone's ranting about Fubuki's angst as out-of-place.
This explanation is the best that I found.
Old 2015-03-05, 08:30   Link #68
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
From a gameplay pov, how many TTK still used their starters as part of their main fleet as soon as Poi, Shigure hit Kai Ni, or have landed Yukikaze or Shimakaze as drop or lucky ship bulding?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 09:04   Link #69
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
From a gameplay pov, how many TTK still used their starters as part of their main fleet as soon as Poi, Shigure hit Kai Ni, or have landed Yukikaze or Shimakaze as drop or lucky ship bulding?
I still do, occasionally as my Murakumo still goes OCCASIONALLY to combat. But the burden is mostly now carried by my imouto spec ops team (Shigure, YUkikaze, Ayanami Myoukou, now training Hatsushimo)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 09:30   Link #70
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
I really am surprised why everyone's ranting about Fubuki's angst as out-of-place.
Call me stubborn but even a plausible explanation isn't gonna change my opinion that Fubuki's drama felt forcefully glued on. I'm mostly iffy about the execution than the fact that it happened at all which I'm totally okay with. It simply didn't flow that well in my eyes. :v

Quote:
My Inazuma is still my 5th highest leveled DD and I tend to use her whenever I feel like I don't need to make use of the best stats which is kinda 50/50 depending on my luck and mood.
Old 2015-03-05, 09:32   Link #71
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
I have Yukikaze. I never used her in combat and she's on expedition duties.

My Shimakaze's just chilling on my base.

As for my starter (I picked Samidare), well, she sunk on 1-3 boss node due to my ignorance of the sinking mechanics on my early days of playing. However, I got another Samidare not too long after that, and now she's LV72 and is part of my main DD force.
Old 2015-03-05, 09:40   Link #72
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
Going to ditto Seiha's post as well as adding additional points:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Call me stubborn but even a plausible explanation isn't gonna change my opinion that Fubuki's drama felt forcefully glued on. I'm mostly iffy about the execution than the fact that it happened at all which I'm totally okay with. It simply didn't flow that well in my eyes. :v
If Fubuki had that drama way earlier (like, ep4-5) and BEFORE being promoted to Flagship position of the Mobile Squadron, I wouldn't complain either.

The context and the execution were extremely poor in that department, even moreso after what she went through with Zuikaga antics, and Yamato.

Estavali's explanations could make sense if this situation was set earlier in the series. However, I can't buy that explanation either, simply because there was no implication that Fubuki had such strong inferiority complex to the point she would despair in such fashion. At least, not after all the experience and efforts she went through, while still doubting about her worth.
Nevermind the awkward attempt to build drama by omitting the reason of her forced return, it is really all the careful progression leaping backwards all of a sudden that bothered me a lot.

I'm not saying this episode was a disaster, and I would be lying if I say I didn't have any expectations. However, letting aside my disappointment as the anime staff discarded a good opportunity to address remodel in general, Fubuki's characterization and the plot transition were the weakest parts of this episode, hence why I said it was the worst episode to date.
And before people makes weird assumption: I actually liked Fubuki even before the anime aired, hence why I never was bothered by the fact she was announced as the MC, and got even pleasantly surprised how her growth was smooth with proper shortcomings at that. This is exactly why this sudden drama annoyed me a lot because it felt out of place.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2015-03-05 at 10:02.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 10:13   Link #73
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
TTK who picked Fubuki as starter ship here, I liked her too. I did feel bad when I left her on the sidelines when I got Shigure and Poi to K2. Yukikaze and Shimakaze were on exped duty until AL/MI gave Beaver a chance to shine. I used Fubuki a bit in Operation Kon then actually worked my ass off to get her to K2 when Winter 2015 event was announced. INTENSE GRINDING IN 4-3. Now she is also a regular when I attempt 3-5 for that medal.
Old 2015-03-05, 10:55   Link #74
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anyway, which fleet does Fubuki belong to after this ep? The same fleet with Mutsuki?
At the moment she isn't assigned to any fleet. She will likely be assigned to one after the remodel.
Old 2015-03-05, 11:05   Link #75
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Just to be sure, did I hear right that her remodel is actually her second?
Old 2015-03-05, 11:10   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, Nagato said "改に成れ", not "改二成れ" as the latter doesn't make sense without the に particle for 成る (in that case, it should have been 改二に成, "kai ni ni nare").

That said, it doesn't mean anything except that she ordered Fubuki to remodel, which doesn't specificy if it is the first or the second remodel.
In fact, "kai ni" is never mentioned in the anime except in the title. 改装 (kaisou, remodelling) and 大規模改装 (daikibokaisou, major remodelling) were used through the episode.
Old 2015-03-05, 11:10   Link #77
zero7090

I can pretty much see the next ep ending

Spoiler for doujin:
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 11:13   Link #78
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
I can pretty much see the next ep ending

Spoiler for doujin:
Exactly what crossing my mind once I heard Admiral is missing after Abyssals attack. LOL.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 11:19   Link #79
The Green One

The admiral is the true WMD of the naval base.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 11:19   Link #80
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

I can hear Kongou going SHIT if it actually happens.