AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KanColle (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   KanColle - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=131094)

Klashikari 2015-03-04 10:45

KanColle - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for KanColle, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

LoweGear 2015-03-04 11:08

Spoiler:

Stark700 2015-03-04 11:32

Spoiler:

Verisimilitude 2015-03-04 11:33

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Klashikari 2015-03-04 11:35

I really really didn't expect to say that, but it was probably the worst episode of the series thus far, and it isn't exactly great considering how late game this one showed up.

Spoiler for episode 9:

applemummy 2015-03-04 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5457352)
I really really didn't expect to say that, but it was probably the worst episode of the series thus far, and it isn't exactly great considering how late game this one showed up.

Spoiler for episode 9:

Yes yes yes, I have to create an ID just to tell how disappointed am I after watched ep 9 , I can understand a little Japanese so I can't get much but what's wrong with fubuki? Is she jealous of yuudachi or some things? This episode is really the worst consider to all 8ep before

Newprimus 2015-03-04 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5457352)
Spoiler for episode 9:

Spoiler:

Klashikari 2015-03-04 14:02

^ Since CR release is now available, going to set aside spoiler tags.

The problem is that there was no need to explore Fubuki's insecurities.
Really, this was already addressed, and to have another character progression screwed up to go back to square one with Fubuki was a very bad call, especially right after episode 8. Fubuki was already doing her best to overcome some odds and couldn't deal with Zuikaku and Kaga's issue right away, but she still managed to save the day. Hell, she was the one to address Yamato's longing for the sea.

Past the fact Yuudachi's remodel was completely put on the side lines, it was rather ridiculous how they have made Fubuki miserable for a third of the episode borderline pointlessly.
With only 3 episodes left AND the fact Fubuki got her share of progression thus far, this episode feels extremely awkward in regard to her characterization.

If we add the very clunky structure of this episode, it really feels as if they compressed 2 episodes into 1 for very odd reason, since it isn't like a lot of thing had happened there.

Really, I think they should have done something like
-Yuudachi receiving her second remodel
-Going on a sortie in order to attack MO island
-got rebuked by several patrols => Yuudachi's prowess (good opportunity for some night battles)
-immediately have to cease action as the wo kai is raiding the base, etc.

This would have contributed to Yuudachi's transformation -and- the current progress of Operation FS.
In comparison, we got needless drama for Fubuki and a lot of padding with cycling jokes (the only "fresh" funny scene was Yuubari's), with a notable ad nauseam repetition with Ooi and Kitakami. Frankly, they could have given more screentime for Yuudachi kai ni or other characters instead of recycling the same jokes over and over.

blitz1/2 2015-03-04 14:06

Lol, she's evolving!!!! Press B to hold it back. xD

IceHism 2015-03-04 14:21

did they have to spend most of the episode doing nothing. They could have put the doolittle raid more closer to the beginning.

blitz1/2 2015-03-04 14:23

How can we have a continuing KC anime if the player character is dead?! xD

cloud04 2015-03-04 14:26

should have made poi go into battle atleast ._. the hype from last week is just...gone and they getting fubuki ready for aa battles huh

Kopi 2015-03-04 14:31

About Fubuki's remodel, well assuming she's at Kai now, her Kai ni (she gets an upgraded AA stats which is really good in game) is properly intended to deal with the BRS mode Wo as hinted in this episode that she can't really do anything against those abyssal planes.

Onto Poi's Kai Ni... I kinda feel like I got cheated. The remodeling process was just a scene switch and then Yuudachi became Kai Ni.. not to mention she got sidelined so fast and we got some loldrama with Fubuki. Wish there was a battle to demonstrate this Kai Ni transformation.

Lastly, the admiral's disappearance was eh.. considering he never appear on screen doing something. Even the girls don't give a damn about him (lol probably offscreen but still)

blitz1/2 2015-03-04 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopi (Post 5457469)
About Fubuki's remodel, well assuming she's at Kai now, her Kai ni (she gets an upgraded AA stats which is really good in game) is properly intended to deal with the BRS mode Wo as hinted in this episode that she can't really do anything against those abyssal planes.

Onto Poi's Kai Ni... I kinda feel like I got cheated. The remodeling process was just a scene switch and then Yuudachi became Kai Ni.. not to mention she got sidelined so fast and we got some loldrama with Fubuki. Wish there was a battle to demonstrate this Kai Ni transformation.

Lastly, the admiral's disappearance was eh.. considering he never appear on screen doing something. Even the girls don't give a damn about him (lol probably offscreen but still)

Yea. I agreed, I was expecting some Zerg metamorphosis cocoon or Yuudachi being placed in a capsule, where they augment her.

AC-Phoenix 2015-03-04 14:54

You know what the worst part is?
Yuudachi Kai Ni isn't the only one that got shoved aside....

Check the last scene - Yamato is missing they left her behind at her Hotel base :(.

As for the general issue:
I got no idea why everyone expected Fubuki to be the first, and even blutly put it in her face?
Flagship or not, Yuudachi was already around for some time and actually had battle experience when Fubuki came to the Naval district, so how on earth did they expect her to be first? :rolleyes:
Especially since the Admiral never told her fleet to grind node 3-2A? :heh:

The Green One 2015-03-04 15:06

What did you expect to see her strapped to the table mad scientist style with all sorts of scary implements poised over her? Fubuki is the main character so it makes sense that it focuses on her.

chaosprophet 2015-03-04 15:24

It was a fun episode. Laughed a lot at the earlier parts. I'm guessing Fubuki's remodel will be kai ni. The reason the commander was calling her back was likely for that. She may be really important as an AA unit being the only one they have that would have an air director. While in the anime they may not talk about the equipment itself, I expect Fubuki Kai ni to really excel at AA a lot because of it.

I don't mind they not showing much of Yuudachi new prowess, as we may be shown that in a future battle (after remodel Fubuki may join same fleet as Akagi with also Yuudachi for the last stretch of the anime). And I wasn't expecting that much focus on Yuudachi anyway, as the anime been consistently focusing on Fubuki as the main character, with only one exception.

EDIT: I agree with others the whole admiral part is strange, making he disappear now don't really add anything. I wish they went with an actual one or without one (having Nagato take command which is what happening in practice).

DerGilga 2015-03-04 15:37

Is there any historical reference to the events in this episode? Wasn't really a comedy, drama or action episode. Felt very unfocused and the 'shocking suprise' at the end was kind of meh.

IceHism 2015-03-04 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerGilga (Post 5457500)
Is there any historical reference to the events in this episode? Wasn't really a comedy, drama or action episode. Felt very unfocused and the 'shocking suprise' at the end was kind of meh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_Raid

hoshino_crimsonwings 2015-03-04 15:40

Kongou was great this episode too, best girl.