AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-10-16, 22:59   Link #741
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
Actually, It kind of did happen like that. In the railgun manga, Touma stopped Mikoto during the level 6 shift. But that didn't even happen in any of the light novel volumes. Yet Mikoto said she saw glimpses (she even mentioned it at the end of NT13) of it during the Daihaseisai, which means that the railgun manga is without a doubt canon, even though the timeline doesn't connect correctly.
Those are event that are retconed.

What I said is that said events make no effect in the current storyline.

Daihasesai had Mikoto with the Level 6 experiment, but then what? Touma seems to forgot that, and the plotline remains the same.

Those just have the purpose of expanding side events and characters.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 23:47   Link #742
Chosen_Hero

^Just because he hasn't mentioned it doesn't mean it didn't happen or that he doesn't remember, it's not like there is any need to remember it at the moment, when he needs to remember something he will it's that easy.
Old 2015-10-17, 00:45   Link #743
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I know its huge stretch, but he did have a run in with Misaki before he charged in. And I know that due to the events that happened in NT11, he can't retain any memories of her for very long. Its possible that her involvement caused him to forget a few key parts of that event. And even though it was obvious what he would have done in the first place, she did tell him via her ability that his hand might be able to stop whatever was happening and return her to normal. But suppose that after the event ended, he couldn't retain the entire event in his memories because she was telling him what he should do with her thoughts, and maybe those lingering thoughts corrupted that memory?

Like I said, its a huge stretch, and even I think its bullshit - And I only came up with it just now.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 10:19   Link #744
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That's why those events are called retcons.
Old 2015-10-26, 07:44   Link #745
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Just add a mic on his hand and done.
You've made me do this.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 08:28   Link #746
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
You've made me do this.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lol xDDD This is hilarious
Old 2015-11-04, 19:19   Link #747
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Oct 26 - Nov 1
19. *33,914 *,*38,347 Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Vol.4 - OUT Oct 24
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 09:34   Link #748
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Those are event that are retconed.

What I said is that said events make no effect in the current storyline.

Daihasesai had Mikoto with the Level 6 experiment, but then what? Touma seems to forgot that, and the plotline remains the same.

Those just have the purpose of expanding side events and characters.
Lol. I meant how they introduced Misaki and fleshed her out in the Railgun manga to make it easier for Kamachi to work with her in NT 7 when he first had her actually appear (in person) in the main series of novels.

It is true that i also consider the whole misaka realization thing another added bonus, but I'm not very hopeful that Touma himself will ever be affected by any Railgun manga events... This is because volume 22 clearly didn't mention any of touma's Railgun side-adventures during the Daihasesai when he was recollecting all of the crazy events he had gone through in the series up until that point. (Unless kamachi actually releases an edited version of volume 22 in which Touma would actually also think about the daihasesai, I'm not expecting any significant impact of Railgun on the main plot. The only way i expect the side stories to affect the main story is by adding more world building and giving the readers more information, hints, and suspense concerning aspects of the main story line. This is potentially possible because Kamachi has this habit where he will write something in his side-stories that are often at least tangentially related to something current in the main series LN's, where the Railgun version would be an outdated or unserious version of the main novel events. This can be used to draw parallel themes, to introduce characters, and to help set up impactful main story arcs. So that's why I consider it relevant anyway.

Finally, I think the accelerator manga could potentially eventually actually have an even greater effect on the main plot simply because Accelerator is actually the protagonist of this spin-off, and his peesonality or traits in future volumes of the main series could definitely be shaped by events that happen in this manga. Even the Railgun manga has shaped some of Misaka's appearances in the LN. Last volume, Misaka influenced judgment to help prevent the high priest from causing mass destruction to the city. We understand how that worked and what probably went on behind the scenes with that because of Railgun. That's at least some evidence that at least part of a character's plot, thoughts, and/or relationships can be affected by side story events.

And even though the idol manga is probably a complete gag... the fact that Kamachi has already made Estelle cameo (or maybe even appear there) at least hints at the possibility of some side characters appearing more and more in the story as it develops over time.

In the end, even though Kamachi hasn't had any side-story developments actually really affect the main plot yet, it's still possible that it'll happen later on in the future.
I personally don't think that Kamachi's retcon are bad. As long as he constructs them in such a way that the previous story isn't affected and so that the plot still makes sense, then retcons are fine by me... Sorry for the messy organization. I wrote this on my phone.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 13:43   Link #749
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

The way I see it, is that the Accelerator/railgun mangas, and the LNs are two halfs of the same story. I'm also pretty sure that real reason that nothing was included railgun was included was primarily so that people end up buying both. (They did it for the money)

Though still, it can't actually be said that they will affect things later on, but by subtly mentioning the fact that it did happen at all hints that it may play a significant role later on. (Character development)

I mean, think about this for example. Accelerator's goal was to go beyond level 6. Mikoto's goal is... well, pretty obvious. But neither of them have actually saved Touma from anything. So, here's a guess: What if everything so far has been leading up to Touma not being the main character, but the villain? Who would become the main characters then? Everyone else obviously, but who would play the main roles?

Maybe this time, they will end up saving him from a terrible fate? Those are just some thoughts.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 15:21   Link #750
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Touma would never change that way.

The most possible outcome that would send chills down his spine could be someone close to him who opposes him and is inmune to his moral sophism. Like Acqua.
Old 2015-11-05, 16:42   Link #751
LevelSeven

^imagine a world where Index becomes his enemy :O

^^Touma will stay the MC, he did for...32(?) volumes, i dont think kamachi will change this, and accel is already sidelined since NT6, no more "big/long involvements", only a few bits here and there :/ it is more like the accel manga will "justify" his lack of screentime, except for NT10/13/3 there was no real "big/long involvements" of mikoto either, only bits here and there :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 16:48   Link #752
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Just having Fiamma telling him he was an hypocrite(Fiamma was right all along!) for lying to Index was enough to make him cry.

Index telling him to fuck off and leaving probably would break him .
Old 2015-11-05, 17:04   Link #753
DragonXX

Quote:
Just having Fiamma telling him he was an hypocrite(Fiamma was right all along!) for lying to Index was enough to make him cry.

This is the Accel manga thread so stuff which index should be bring up in the NT 14 thread for theory of what could happen in the next book. Because from NT 9 you really can't tell what he had plan for it and the World Rejecter fight being only a side plot for all we know.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2015-11-05 at 19:35.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 17:06   Link #754
LevelSeven

Quote:

yeah, in many storys the villians actually say more true thing than the MC with his TnJ (look at naruto XD)

nah, he has othinus for his mental support, Index was replaced

^yeah, it got a bit off-topic
Old 2015-11-05, 17:54   Link #755
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I barely took your posts seriosly but you can't replace characters existence though.
Old 2015-11-05, 18:25   Link #756
LevelSeven

Quote:
I barely took your posts seriosly but you can't replace characters existence though.
not literally, but what role does index have that cant be fulfilled by othinus?
Mental support? no, freeloader? no, immense magic knowledge? no, gag-actions? no, "eating all food away"? maybe, love-interest? OTP speaks for itself (plus her possible return to full size)...

no matter how i look, i cant see her being not replaced :/ (and othinus understands touma many times better than index)
Old 2015-11-05, 19:11   Link #757
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yep, maybe you should re read the series, I noticed some of your post quite off regarding some events.
Old 2015-11-05, 20:16   Link #758
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I would like to remind everyone that this is the Accelerator Manga thread. Stop going off-topic with unrelated LN stuff. Index, Othinus and Kamijou aren't in this manga.
Old 2015-11-06, 09:38   Link #759
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol we are at least allowed to mention how Accelerator perceives Kamijou at this point in the story since they have shown Acceelrator thinking about him briefly in the manga, and it's crucial to part of his current character development.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 10:02   Link #760
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol we are at least allowed to mention how Accelerator perceives Kamijou at this point in the story since they have shown Acceelrator thinking about him briefly in the manga, and it's crucial to part of his current character development.
wasnt he simply reminded of him because he was the only other one that was able to go "though" his "barrier"?