3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-05, 11:20   Link #81
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
This episode sure needs some Pokemon music, especially the "remodeling" part!

On the other hand, I'm questioning on whether the admiral gone senile or he's just over-confident. Whatever his condition may be, the fact that placing most of the fleet girls to Hotel Yamato costs him dearly!

Damn, I wanna say that it was a dumb move for the admiral to move his fleet closer to the MO island, but the the damage has already been done!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 11:26   Link #82
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
This episode sure needs some Pokemon music, especially the "remodeling" part!

On the other hand, I'm questioning on whether the admiral gone senile or he's just over-confident. Whatever his condition may be, the fact that placing most of the fleet girls to Hotel Yamato costs him dearly!

Damn, I wanna say that it was a dumb move for the admiral to move his fleet closer to the MO island, but the the damage has already been done!
Actually, all their operations were done so they could expand their territory towards MO island.
In order to hold out the front line, it is necessary that the main force is ready to be deployed, hence why they were displaced to Truk island..

That said, it isn't like he foolishly sent everyone to Truk: some Kanmusu were still at the base during the attack.
It is just that this kind of brutal aerial raid was very unlikely, especially that it was an independant action from a single enemy unit.
Old 2015-03-05, 11:34   Link #83
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
I can pretty much see the next ep ending

Spoiler for doujin:
Sounds like the true end.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 11:39   Link #84
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
One-eyed Wolly want some Fubuki.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 13:33   Link #85
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Somehow I get the feeling the rebuild was unseen so that the concept is a known for us, but we don't see it until it gets done to Fubuki.
Old 2015-03-05, 16:16   Link #86
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You mean Fubuki getting the ring I mean, why not? We're already seeing so many mechanics from the game, right? I would be ok with something more on the hear-warming side, like Nanoha did.
This requires an active TTK as well as a developed relationship in which both parties show romantic interest in each other. Both which are missing in this anime, so, no, please don't

Seriously if there's anyone that deserves the ring, it's Kongou =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
As a side note, Fubuki's fandom with Akagi could be downtoned a notch. Not that I mind it that much but it's getting repetitive.
I would like to have a bit more bonding between her and Kongou =3. Fubuki might be so infatuated with Akagi but imho her real big-sister character is actually Kongou =3. It seems to me that Kongou is the only one so far that Fubuki feels comfortable enough to share her more fragile moments =3. Of course it could just be that she always bump into Kongou whenever she needs a hug =3

That said, I don't mind a Kongou hug myself =3. Ehem.

We have speculated about how she would be affected in the event that Akagi dies in battle, but imho it would, or should, be Kongou's death who would hit far closer to home, should that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
From a gameplay pov, how many TTK still used their starters as part of their main fleet as soon as Poi, Shigure hit Kai Ni, or have landed Yukikaze or Shimakaze as drop or lucky ship bulding?
*looks at the level 47 Inazuma in his expedition fleet*

Me: Nope, not me =3

*Inazuma stands behind me with an anchor*

Inazuma(?): NANO DEATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Going to ditto Seiha's post as well as adding additional points:

If Fubuki had that drama way earlier (like, ep4-5) and BEFORE being promoted to Flagship position of the Mobile Squadron, I wouldn't complain either.

The context and the execution were extremely poor in that department, even moreso after what she went through with Zuikaga antics, and Yamato.

Estavali's explanations could make sense if this situation was set earlier in the series. However, I can't buy that explanation either, simply because there was no implication that Fubuki had such strong inferiority complex to the point she would despair in such fashion. At least, not after all the experience and efforts she went through, while still doubting about her worth.
Nevermind the awkward attempt to build drama by omitting the reason of her forced return, it is really all the careful progression leaping backwards all of a sudden that bothered me a lot.

I'm not saying this episode was a disaster, and I would be lying if I say I didn't have any expectations. However, letting aside my disappointment as the anime staff discarded a good opportunity to address remodel in general, Fubuki's characterization and the plot transition were the weakest parts of this episode, hence why I said it was the worst episode to date.
And before people makes weird assumption: I actually liked Fubuki even before the anime aired, hence why I never was bothered by the fact she was announced as the MC, and got even pleasantly surprised how her growth was smooth with proper shortcomings at that. This is exactly why this sudden drama annoyed me a lot because it felt out of place.
I think this depends on how we interpret this episode and reason behind her black mood. If we read it as the product of an ongoing inferiority complex, then, yes, this is no place for it here, not after all that she has done. A person with an inferiority complex would not be able to hold the wildly eccentric Strike Force 5 in place, much less lead it to victory.

However that's not how I read it. From what I see, Fubuki feels that she's being cheated out everything that she deserves. Her "despair" is actually jealousy and indignation over what she saw as a denial of all she has done, all that she has worked so hard for.

It might be still okay if it's just Yuudachi getting her Kai Ni before her ("Well, can't be helped"), or even Yuudachi getting that coveted place in the First Fleet and thus the chance to fight by Akagi's side ("More sense to have her there than me"). I believe the final nail in this coffin is the dissolution the Fifth Fleet, relieving Fubuki of command and sending her away from the front, which she might have interpreted as "You're not needed any more". Would a person who's beaten down by an overwhelming sense of inferiority cry the way she did? I doubt so; those are the tears of someone who is confident of her own contributions but is disappointed that her efforts are not just overlooked but also dismissed without a satisfying explanation. In her mind, she probably asked why the Admiral who had been so encouraging back then, would now be so cruel.

Fubuki's gloom carries an unspoken complaint, that the Admiral is being unfair to her, that after all she has gone through, she deserves better than this supposed humiliation. That's probably why Fubuki is disgusted with that dream of hers. She might have realized that it's a projection of her jealousy, an ugly emotion that also accuses one of her best friends of robbing her.

If you think about it, if the cause of her depression is insecurity, then what happened at harbor during Yuudachi's training would not make much sense. Why would she cheer up after knowing that she's not alone in her diligence and that Yuudachi actually does deserve her power-up? Fubuki had probably realized, perhaps with some shame, her own conceit. Just because she has worked hard doesn't mean the rest haven't; her own achievements doesn't necessary put her above the rest, who themselves would have contributions of their own. Ultimately it boils down to a matter of acceptance; she might not like her orders but at least she no longer feels marginalized because of them.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 16:21   Link #87
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
I can pretty much see the next ep ending

Spoiler for doujin:
The unexpected ending. One can only wonder how Kongou would react
Old 2015-03-06, 04:40   Link #88
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
@Estavali: Yeah I was thinking that too that she was being cheated after working.
Old 2015-03-06, 05:11   Link #89
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
The unexpected ending. One can only wonder how Kongou would react
One word, "SHIT!"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 09:17   Link #90
Vaans
NEET

I find it sweet how Kongou is comforting a crying Fubuki. Like she's always there for her.

Best onee-san

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 12:47   Link #91
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
One word, "SHIT!"
I suspect more something like Kaga's reaction. Just a bit more vorpal, AFTER the 'Shit' that is .

The ones whose reaction I'd REALLY like to see regarding this ending is Mutsuki's...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-03-06 at 17:54.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 18:15   Link #92
lfhoule

Just saw the episode, and in terms of historical events the latter part of the episode may have portrayed, I would have to say it not Doolittle's raid by itself, but a combination of Doolittle's raid as well as the early carrier raids that the US Navy had carried out pre-Coral Sea, like USS Enterprise's raid on Kwajalien Feb. 1, 1942, which did a number on that base, which looks like what happened to the naval district. Doolittle's raid didn't do much damage... tho' on of the bombers did damage everyone's favorite "big whale" while she was being converted into a carrier.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 02:22   Link #93
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Ultimately it boils down to a matter of acceptance; she might not like her orders but at least she no longer feels marginalized because of them.
If only she knew the reason she was needed back was to be remodeled.

So they can force a remodel on Fubuki without her glowing first?

Shock after shock after shock is what this episode is about.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 02:41   Link #94
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
If only she knew the reason she was needed back was to be remodeled.

So they can force a remodel on Fubuki without her glowing first?

Shock after shock after shock is what this episode is about.
Its probably not a KaiNi remodel but a normal Kai one, so nothing major, or they are going to grind her up first.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 03:39   Link #95
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there have been two episodes in a row where Fubuki has wante to engage aircraft and couldn't. So KaiNi makes sense if that drasticallly improves her ability to engage aircraft.
Old 2015-03-07, 04:02   Link #96
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well there have been two episodes in a row where Fubuki has wante to engage aircraft and couldn't. So KaiNi makes sense if that drasticallly improves her ability to engage aircraft.
I don't play the game; does Fubuki KN actually deal well with Carriers? (and aircraft)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 04:42   Link #97
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I don't play the game; does Fubuki KN actually deal well with Carriers? (and aircraft)
Fubuki Kai Ni has the third highest AA stat of all DDs with 78, after Akizuki with 116 and Hatsushimo with 79. The latter two aren't in the anime.
Old 2015-03-07, 19:12   Link #98
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Take note though, Fubuki can be really lazy even if she's set up for the Air Interception cut-in. Personal experience during the previous event showed me that Shigure had more instances where she cut-in by comparison. Fubuki shoots down more planes however.
Old 2015-03-07, 20:10   Link #99
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Volume of fire over diligence I suppose. Still nothing like the American walls of AA fire.
Old 2015-03-08, 01:29   Link #100
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
AACI trigger chance is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery random-and the only reliable thing about it is how many planes are going down- and it depends on who triggered it. Akizuki managed to neuter a Wo II and a BWS at the same time and even neutered carrier princess once in the event.

As for the reason why Fubuki needed to go back to base before remodel is that compared to Yuudachi's equipment, which are just modifications of standard equipment, you can see that the 10cm dual mount and the fire director (in her ingame sprite) are probably in the realm of "prototype or experimental equipment (anime-wise)" and thus needed to be equipped at the main base instead of the forward base.

Maybe we can probably hear Nagato saying about prototypes / experiment / new weapons/equipment while equipping Fubuki.