5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-04, 19:59   Link #41
Qikz

Needs more Shigure. I like Yuudachi, but put her in a division with Shigure Kai ni and send em to 1-5 I say. Then introduce some sub!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 20:01   Link #42
cloud04
Scanlator

i noticed shimakaze was actually tall
Old 2015-03-04, 20:02   Link #43
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You know what the worst part is?
Yuudachi Kai Ni isn't the only one that got shoved aside....

Check the last scene - Yamato is missing they left her behind at her Hotel base .

As for the general issue:
I got no idea why everyone expected Fubuki to be the first, and even blutly put it in her face?
Flagship or not, Yuudachi was already around for some time and actually had battle experience when Fubuki came to the Naval district, so how on earth did they expect her to be first?
Especially since the Admiral never told her fleet to grind node 3-2A?
I think it is a reference to the game that the ship in flagship position will gain more Exp than other ships.

Even if the flagship start as lv1 while other ships are lv40+, after some exp farming, flagship level will be able to keep up with other ships (even more faster if it gets MVP often)

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-03-04 at 20:46.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 20:05   Link #44
cloud04
Scanlator

poi's k2 is at 55 while fubuki is at 70 although i doubt this would have any relation coz if you look at both of them getting a k2 one after the other, i doubt poi is that low in terms of lvl...
lets just say poi is natural evolve while fubuki is forced evolve lol
Old 2015-03-04, 20:20   Link #45
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think it is a reference to the game that the ship in flagship position will gain more Exp than other ships.

Even if the flagship start as lv1 while other ships are lv40+, after some exp farming, flagship level will be able to keep up with other ships (more faster if it get MVP often)
Yuudachi was likely already Kai when the series began, while Fubuki was level 1 (remember they never let her on the sea).
For her to get KaiNithan Yuudachi, Yuudachi would have to never get MVP(Who still gets more than the flagship btw).

Fubuki on the other hand was in a group with 2 carriers, 2 CLTs and a Battleship, so the likelyhood that she became MVP even once is rather small.

In addtion Yuudachi and her fleet were still deployed off screen, like all the others too. The amount of time that has passed since them splitting and Yuudachi getting KaiNi is generally not that big.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 20:22   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
For her to get there fgaster than Yuudachi, Yuudachi would have to never get MVP(Who still gets more than the flagship btw),.
Well, we don't know how far Yuudachi has gone because there were several timeskips in the series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 20:44   Link #47
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Kongou doesn't look too upset after the Admiral died or went missing.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 21:15   Link #48
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yuudachi was likely already Kai when the series began, while Fubuki was level 1 (remember they never let her on the sea).
From the first episode, Yuudachi and Mutsuki have only been in two battles before Fubuki came, and one where the "big girls" did all the work.

Also from this episode it's clear the girls don't know Fubuki needed quite more experience to get a kai ni than Yuudachi does, they only comment something on that line as a theory to why she may have yet to do it.
Old 2015-03-04, 22:02   Link #49
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ayo, fuckin Yuudachi. Holy shit, that black. That slick black uniform. Those red eyes. Wow. She looks so much better now.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 22:24   Link #50
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
From the first episode, Yuudachi and Mutsuki have only been in two battles before Fubuki came, and one where the "big girls" did all the work.

Also from this episode it's clear the girls don't know Fubuki needed quite more experience to get a kai ni than Yuudachi does, they only comment something on that line as a theory to why she may have yet to do it.
My point is that Yuudachi was likely already Kai when they first met in EP 1, while Fubiki started out as Level 1.
Another point is that Mutsuki didn't say she only had 2 battles at all but 2 battles before she was assigned to this fleet, Yuudachi on the other hand never gave us her Battle records.
Fubuki also apparently stopped her morning training(otherwise they had met) while Yuudachi started doing hers every day.

Both Yuudachi and Fubuki had off screen battles too, as the anime clearly doesn't follow the 4 fleets only rule.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 22:32   Link #51
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Kongou doesn't look too upset after the Admiral died or went missing.

cause She knows the Teitoku with a certain "remodel" will appear when she's in trouble

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 22:58   Link #52
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I was kinda disappointed that Yuudachi got her Kai Ni in this rather offhanded manner but taking a step back, I think the real purpose behind this issue is to show how Fubuki has indirectly influenced her friends, while at the same time reminding the viewer (and Fubuki herself) that she's not the only one that's been hard at work here.

On the first point, it's been established earlier on, in particular episode 2, that Yuudachi is (or was) the slacker of the cast. That this girl, who almost got poi-poi-poi-ed by Ashigara for not paying attention in class, would find the motivation to step up on her own improvement even after her power-up, shows just how much Fubuki's own diligence has impressed her. Fubuki might have found the new-and-improved Yuudachi a bit too bright and shiny in the beginning but it might be just as true for Yuudachi too: that a fellow destroyer, one who couldn't even surf properly as befit a kanmusu, would improve so remarkably because of her hard work, probably made Yuudachi reflect on her own lack of it. Remember also that it was Yuudachi who poked fun at Fubuki's incompetence (episode 2). When Fubuki became flagship, Yuudachi probably felt that she couldn't afford to slack on any more and got fired up herself

On the second point, with Fubuki's recent accomplishments, it's easy to forget that she, the MC, is not the only one in the base that has been putting in her all. The Akatsuki sisters aside, that her fellow newbies (Mutsuki and Yuudachi) were deemed good enough to take part in MO shows that they weren't too shabby themselves too. Yuudachi's Kai Ni probably came at a right time imho. Many a character has stumbled because their hard work and subsequent success have lulled them gradually into complacency and/or a mentality that they're the only ones in the team (or at least among their peers) that's actually contributing to the overall effort. I think Fubuki has at least fallen into the second category. Her depression imho stems from a disgruntlement which itself comes from a belief that her contributions are being unfairly overlooked in favour of a less deserving comrade. It's only after she is shown that she was not alone in diligence that she realises her own ignorance (and perhaps arrogance) and finally cheers up =3

On hindsight, I was more or less ready for Yuudachi not to get her Kai Ni in a badass manner. Or even have it in the first place, not after the studio pulled a fast one on us with episode six . It could be due to my belief that Kancolle the Anime is following the Nanoha format and that I'm convinced that the climax will build at episode 10 and finish at 11, leaving 12 as an epilogue to complete any unresolved ends =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 23:02   Link #53
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

At least Wo flag kai made it lol. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 23:04   Link #54
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
It could be due to my belief that Kancolle the Anime is following the Nanoha format and that I'm convinced that the climax will build at episode 10 and finish at 11, leaving 12 as an epilogue to complete any unresolved ends =3
You mean Fubuki getting the ring I mean, why not? We're already seeing so many mechanics from the game, right? I would be ok with something more on the hear-warming side, like Nanoha did.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 23:52   Link #55
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I am severly disappointed that after they put the second remodel in the last episode as main focus to just ... have it happen offscreen with zero buildup nonetheless. This is just plain bad story telling.

The part with Yuudachi training was nicely done and I liked that the one who was the laziest actually found the motivation and was rewarded for it. That said they used the whole thing as a catalyst to fuel Fubuki drama - again. Didn't we have enough of that already? Not only does she not trust TTK's decisions even after the motivational 'speech' he did in ep1, she never asked for the reason either.

As a side note, Fubuki's fandom with Akagi could be downtoned a notch. Not that I mind it that much but it's getting repetitive.

The Mogami/Fubuki/Mutsuki group accompany Hiryuu (she speaks!) and Soryuu back to the naval district, but then the latter two just disappear. As members of the previous carrier group one, they should at least give instructions when they see the bombed area. Yet the one in charge is Mogami?

Then the whole thing with TTK staying behind. What should I feel about a character that I only know the shadow of? I can see the reasoning why they didn't show him in the first place but then they suddenly drag him out of the background like this. It just doesn't make sense.

As for the ending, Fubuki gets Kai Ni. Why was a third of ep9 dedicated to showing Fubuki dealing with her issues when she just gets her second remodel at the end anyway? The whole drama could have been replaced by something more meaningful instead.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 00:08   Link #56
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Needs more Shigure. I like Yuudachi, but put her in a division with Shigure Kai ni and send em to 1-5 I say. Then introduce some sub!
Then add Tokitsukaze and Asashio.

Doggy squad. Fueled by tummy rubs.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 00:27   Link #57
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I cried a little for Fubuki.

I am tempted by Poi-remodel, but Fubuki despair totally got my full attention.

Wo-class looking for payback....

Is that why the admiral wanted Fubuki back to the Naval District, to be remodeled?
Or he wanted her to "personally" protect him.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 00:40   Link #58
The Green One

Yes Wo-class is definitely out for blood. Makes you wonder if it's hunting Fubuki personally.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 01:10   Link #59
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Gamer wise I'm happy they finally gave Hiryuu and Souryuu's VA some lines for a moment.
Sōryū's seiyū is none other than Uesaka Sumire (Fubuki).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The Mogami/Fubuki/Mutsuki group accompany Hiryuu (she speaks!) and Soryuu back to the naval district, but then the latter two just disappear. As members of the previous carrier group one, they should at least give instructions when they see the bombed area. Yet the one in charge is Mogami?
As far as I've understood it Fubuki, Mutsuki and Mogami were to go ahead and scout out and secure the road, while the carriers heading to sea a bit later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
And Fubuki forced drama? Well, if you look back at the stuff revisited in the episode (her training and running around the Naval District, trying to get Akagi's praise, and wanting to make it to the First Fleet), you'd know how deserving Fubuki is to at least get a new group to hang out with. Instead, Yuudachi gets a remodel, her group is disbanded, and she's forced to sit this one out. She's literally being deprived of the perks of being a main character if we're going full meta about it. It's no surprise Fubuki would sulk about it, but she's also the type that doesn't let herself down for too long.
And that's why it feels forced to me. It isn't some natural development, but rather a sudden out-of-the-blue pull with her group getting disbanded without any explanation. Just seems like artificially fanned up in order to increase Fubuki's depression.
Old 2015-03-05, 02:05   Link #60
IceHism

I wonder if they made the admiral missing because the plans have already been figured out and since he's not there to be able to change the plans, it'll lead to a devastating defeat at the battle of midway.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote