AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 9 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-03, 17:20   Link #21
Wandering Soul

It feels great to finally have all the girls together. It's especially nice to see Dia let loose.

Chika and Riko continue to have one of the best relationships in this series. I always like their moments just as much as I like the Dia/Ruby moments.
Old 2016-09-03, 18:43   Link #22
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So, uh...how do you guys think Yohane got in that shark sleeping bag? Did she jump in it while suspended, or did she get in it first for everyone to hang her up? xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 18:50   Link #23
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
So, uh...how do you guys think Yohane got in that shark sleeping bag? Did they jump in it while suspended, or did she get in it first for everyone to hang her up? xD
I go with the second because its the funniest.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 20:25   Link #24
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Well, THAT just happened.

I'll get to that scene in a few, but from what's been said about this episode is the main goal for S1 is to pass the LL Preliminaries.
So there's a good chance we might get the Sports Anime/Tournment we've always wanted to see.

Things that I've took from this episode:

- Dia is bossy, greedy with finances, and underhanded. All good points.
Very Charming with a competitive streak since it's for the team's best interest and not for personal gain Nico "backup dancers"? lol.
- We now know why Yohane and Mari are irreplaceable members of Guilty Kiss.
They are oddly compatible and eerily in sync with everything they do. The Mad Geniuses of Goth and Metal.
- Everyone was distracted by the Yuri and didn't noticed Kanan and Yohane are the (un)official Fan service girls of Sunshine. lol
One has the best overall body while the other is The Successor to The Nishikino House of Thighs.
-Problems can be resolved quickly before it marinates (ala Kanan/Mari & Hono/Kotori S1) and lead to a more meaningful moment of one showing sacrifice while another pursues a long time goal.
- Xd Delicious Smell Gao Gao Xd

Spoiler for Muh Yuri Theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
So, uh...how do you guys think Yohane got in that shark sleeping bag? Did she jump in it while suspended, or did she get in it first for everyone to hang her up? xD
You guys are all wrong. Clearly, she teleported via Instant Transmission.
On a disappointing note, I expected Yohane to sleep in a coffin or under some Magic Circle.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-09-03 at 20:50.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 20:35   Link #25
MartianMage

Really fun episode. Ships, cute moments, and really funny moments. Yeah Ruby was so cute in this episode and Yo's faces when both Mari and Yohane were cooking
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 20:54   Link #26
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Well, THAT just happened.

I'll get to that scene in a while, but from what's been said about this episode is the main goal for S1 is to pass the LL Preliminaries.
So there's a good chance we might get the Sports Anime/Tournment we've always wanted to see.
So, you want Saki: idol version? Where the rivals get crazier and gayer as the story goes forward? Honestly, I don't think it'll go that road, but I do believe we can expect more craziness from Aqours.

Quote:
- Dia is bossy, competitive, greedy, and underhanded. All good points. Very Charming.
- We know why Yohane and Mari are irreplaceable members of Guilty Kiss.
They are oddly compatiable and eerily insync with everything they do. The Mad Geniuses.
- Everyone was distracted by the Yuri and didn't noticed Kanan and Yohane are the official Fanservice girls of Sunshine. lol
One has the best overal body while the other is The Successor to The Nishikino House of Thighs.
-Problems can be resolved quickly before it marinates (ala Kanan/Mari & Hono/Kotori S1) and lead to a more meaningful moment of one showing sacrifice while another pursues a long time goal.
- Xd Delicious Smell Gao Gao Xd
- She's also a very doting sister.
- I forgot Mari and Yohane are in the same unit! Oh, Riko... Chika better be ready to comfort you.
- Did you not notice Dia is pretty damn sexy as well? And I still don't see it. I do agree Yohane has the best middle point body.
-The magic of talking and not thinking you know better than your friends.
-Chuuni shark is cute.
Old 2016-09-03, 21:02   Link #27
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So, you want Saki: idol version? Where the rivals get crazier and gayer as the story goes forward? Honestly, I don't think it'll go that road, but I do believe we can expect more craziness from Aqours.

- She's also a very doting sister.
- I forgot Mari and Yohane are in the same unit! Oh, Riko... Chika better be ready to comfort you.
- Did you not notice Dia is pretty damn sexy as well? And I still don't see it. I do agree Yohane has the best middle point body.
-The magic of talking and not thinking you know better than your friends.
-Chuuni shark is cute.
The original had sports anime themes with idols, but never went that far. Sunrise can surpass that. They just need to take it a step further.

Why do you think they blatantly love to show Yohane's legs during the wrestling holds and then lounging around last episode like she was Rose from Titanic? What did she do this episode? Lounge around in the beach and revealed she has cake too. lol I'd post pics, but that would be excessive.
Trust me, she's the inheritor. It's all in the "details".

Dia's hot too, but she pointed out Kanan's charm and that was it. lol
Old 2016-09-03, 21:09   Link #28
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Ugh.. lots of early scenes made me pause the video. Dia's change of behavior is just waaaaaaay to sudden.
I have to disagree. From Ruby's memories, Dia was always quiet energetic. Not to mention episode 2 where she went all crazy about Muse. As well as couple small flashbacks during her 1st year. Dia always had that craziness in her.

The reason it never surfaced till now is because of whole KanaMari drama. In order to keep the promise to Kanan and keep Mari's future in mind, she locked all of her idol love away. Her friends distanced themselves, there was not much opportunity to go crazy.

Now that everything is solved, Dia can finally release all of the emotions again after 2 years. Of course it will be explosive.

Besides it's solidified my interest in her. And it was a real pleasure to see her sync with Mari like that. They are far more on the same wavelength than I originally thought. They really add up to each other.

Kanan is technically the only sane among the 3, stuck between two, crazy dorks.
Old 2016-09-03, 21:23   Link #29
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Where did Yoshiko get that shark hammock
Old 2016-09-03, 21:24   Link #30
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
The original had sports anime themes with idols, but never went that far. Sunrise can surpass that. They just need to take it a step further.

Why do you think they blatantly love to show Yohane's legs during the wrestling holds and then lounging around last episode like she was Rose from Titanic? What did she do this episode? Lounge around in the beach and revealed she has cake too. lol I'd post pics, but that would be excessive.
Trust me, she's the inheritor. It's all in the "details".

Dia's hot too, but she pointed out Kanan's charm and that was it. lol
What would that step be? More teams? More lessons on how life just sucks sometimes, Euphonium/Hyouka style?

I don't remember that much love for Maki's body in the anime, though. Of course, she was adorable, pretty and you just wanted to hug her forever, but not because of that. I do see that Yohane is a master of the small moments that make you like her more, just like Maki was.

Its not like Kanan did anything special either, and Dia has a stronger personality, which makes her sexier.
Old 2016-09-03, 21:27   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On the "hotness" discussion - I think all three of the 3rd years have a nice attractive appearance. They're the most well-developed and voluptuous, which is probably fitting given that they're the 3rd years. Kanan has the athletic edge and seems slightly more muscular to me in some shots, while Mari has the elegant edge, and Dia is probably the most balanced of the three between athletic vs. elegant. Also, Dia with twin-tails hanging in front of her shoulders made me think of Rin Tohsaka for some reason. Definitely a cute look for Dia.

In fairness to playmaker2K, I see his point (literally see it ) on Yohane. She does have nice legs.

I want to give a honorable mention to Chika here, actually. She has a slight figure, which can actually be a challenge, but she definitely makes the most of it with good energy and excellent attire choices. Chika's civilian attire suits her personality well, and is pretty without feeling overdone. And I loved her one-piece swimsuit in this episode.
Old 2016-09-03, 21:49   Link #32
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
What would that step be? More teams? More lessons on how life just sucks sometimes, Euphonium/Hyouka style?

I don't remember that much love for Maki's body in the anime, though. Of course, she was adorable, pretty and you just wanted to hug her forever, but not because of that. I do see that Yohane is a master of the small moments that make you like her more, just like Maki was.

Its not like Kanan did anything special either, and Dia has a stronger personality, which makes her sexier.
The Teams. The dynamic. Blood, Sweat, and Tears. All that good stuff. I want it all.
I'm hoping the Top 2 teams are 9 girl groups and are antagonistic to Aquours.

I see what happened, you weren't there from the original LL forums like most of here. All we did was basically talk about our faves and post fan art. Mostly of Maki. lol Don't get me wrong, the rest of the girls got their fair share, but it's was overwhelmingly Maki since several others including me contributed to the cause. Frequently.

Ask Triple R.

@Triple R - Right? You can't miss it. I'm not imagining this. Sunrise/Lantis is forcing the audience to look at her thighs. Subtle, it is not. lol

Kanan didn't have to do anything special. Her body did all the talking.
I like Dia, but my eyes are focused on the athletic types.

Next Episode is going to be You eccentric.
I wonder if she saw that scene unfold since she's confronting Chika about something in the preview.
This is going to be delicious.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-09-03 at 22:06.
Old 2016-09-03, 22:20   Link #33
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
The Teams. The dynamic. Blood, Sweat, and Tears. All that good stuff. I want it all.
I'm hoping the Top 2 teams are 9 girl groups and are antagonistic to Aquours.
That's a lot of characters to handle, though!

Curiously, it seems Aqours isn't as good in busting their rears off as Muse so far. And I think we've gotten some really good dynamics so far. Even if its mostly in the yuri department.

Quote:
I see what happened, you weren't there from the original LL forums like most of here. All we did was basically talk about our faves and post pics. Mostly of Maki. lol Don't get me wrong, the rest of the girls got their fair share, but it's was overwhelmingly Maki since several others including me contributed to that cause. Frequently.

Ask Triple R.
So its mostly your fault. Got it.

Quote:
Kanan didn't have to do anything special. Her body did all the talking.
So did Dia's. Also, her outfit got extra lewd at one point due to angles.

Quote:
Next Episode is going to be You eccentric.
I wonder if she saw that scene unfold since she's confronting Chika about something in the preview.
This is going to be delicious.
If she saw that, I believe we'd have seen it this episode. That said, I'm glad it didn't happen, since that was Chika and Riko's moment.

It's certainly going to be interesting, and it will definetly give us more fuel for shipping.
Old 2016-09-03, 22:28   Link #34
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
So its mostly your fault. Got it.
Yeah, I'm to blame and proud of it. I'm shameless. lol But at the same time her body was always a topic of discussion.
Her first image was pure fan service and from then on everyone (sunrise) and fandom ran with too.
If I'm coming off too defensive or hostile to you in anyway. Don't take it seriously. It's not like that.
I come off that way sometimes, but all I'm doing is finding the right words to explain that Maki has/had moments of fan service through the years
and I see certain things similar on a different character now. Maybe that's it.

About the episode and onward:

I wonder if we'll get to see Riko's piano performance and see how the rest of Aqours is going to do while she's out.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-09-04 at 02:51.
Old 2016-09-03, 23:11   Link #35
R.LocK
My turn

Hm, now that I managed to take off yuri googles, Sunrise/Lantis did an insane tease while playing it safe. Considering the lack of the subject and object in the closing sentence of the episode, Riko could have referred to the bloody piano although her voice suggests otherwise.

Not like I care about any option other than the yuri one, though
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 23:48   Link #36
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
If she saw that, I believe we'd have seen it this episode. That said, I'm glad it didn't happen, since that was Chika and Riko's moment.
Almost every end to each episode is a Chika and Riko moment
I get that they're popular characters.. And it's a beautiful ship.. But it feels to me with every episode it's becoming more of a ChikaRiko show than a Love Live show. Yes, during this episode, Dia was fabulous while prepping the girls. But timing is everything, significant events, or events the creators want to leave an impression on viewers, tend to be played near the end, and they are ending quite a few episodes focusing solely on a ship.

It's tough having You as best girl. Reeeeeal tough.
On a side note, I find Dia the prettiest but Kanan has best bod.
SleepingTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 00:42   Link #37
Nork22

BEACH EPISODE!!! Dia-sama has now pushed pass Yohane for 2nd place in my best girl spot.

I mean look at these expressions:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
How could you not instinctively smirk whenever Dia tries to be serious but looks more silly than intended.

Also Kurosawa sister so d'aaawwwww....

Also, my best girl literally can do almost everything.

She can even turn those abominations Mari and Yohane created to something edible!

Sunrise just loves to push the Love Live fandom's shipping buttons, especially with what just happen at the end. Admittedly I squeal when Riko "confessed" but knowing how things goes, it's just platonic. Now I'm dreading to see my best girl's drama unfold in the next episode. Guess it's a good thing that the Koi Naritai PV has set me up for this, since I know my best girl will still get Chika, even if Chika doesn't deserve her heavenly presence. But if they go OT3, then I don't mind too much...
Old 2016-09-04, 02:32   Link #38
MartianMage

Fellow You enthusiasts
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 02:47   Link #39
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Too much shipping between Chika-chan and Riko-chan on this episode! Then again, I'm confused on whether Riko will take the invitation to the piano recital or not as that event corresponds to the Love Live! preliminaries.

Nevertheless, it was a fun episode and I can't wait for next week!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 02:55   Link #40
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

The Real Dia was unleashed today and she's making up for lost time. lol
I have a feeling You's dilemma has been building since their return to Tokyo.
You's in a complete disadvantage since Riko is currently Chika's neighbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
But if they go OT3, then I don't mind too much...
Give it up, Nork! That dream lost.

You know it's going this route...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...and you're going to love it.