AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2015-12-05, 14:20   Link #121
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
if you've got ~1500 words of review for eight minutes, you'll have a 22500-word review for the whole movie
I hope not. That will mean I'm unhappy with very large chunks of the film. As of now, I expect to write about THOSE TWO TOPICS, but that still shouldn't bring the count up to over 10,000.

Spoiler:

Beyond that I'm still hoping most of the film would be good, so I can write much smaller, more positive things for those minutes.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 14:38   Link #122
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Beyond that I'm still hoping most of the film would be good, so I can write much smaller, more positive things for those minutes.
Lacking some serious context, we're pretty much in the dark right now. To this end, so we can have some solid ground to discuss on, I'm hoping that they make the home release sooner rather than later. From what I gather, the last of the screenings end on December 6 (I will be immensely grateful if someone could verify/refute this). If that's true, then from a marketing perspective, there's absolutely no point in delaying the home releases by six months; assuming their marketing department is worth their salt, I'm hoping that the movie will come out sooner (delaying it will merely result in declining interest and corresponding sales).

Incidentally, I'd love to hear some counterarguments for releasing the film later rather than sooner: unlike a game, which is expected to be reasonably functional at launch, a movie is not hampered by those same limitations. So, if anyone is familiar with the Japanese industry's marketing patterns, I an open to hearing the rationale for why they might choose to hold back
Old 2015-12-05, 16:58   Link #123
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
So, that's 8 minutes. Now we just need the other 111 minutes to hand out the final grade.
I have just read your concluding remark (nothing else), but reminder: these 8 minutes aren't lead-in. They are the first part of first match in the mpvie and the movie does not start here.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 18:11   Link #124
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Preview:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 21:05   Link #125
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
I have just read your concluding remark (nothing else), but reminder: these 8 minutes aren't lead-in. They are the first part of first match in the mpvie and the movie does not start here.
Actually, the title does say:
ガールズ&パンツァー 劇場版 冒頭8分

So according to it it IS the first 8 minutes of the film. It is an unusual choice, not showing us the very beginning of the match, but there it is.
Old 2015-12-05, 22:03   Link #126
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would assume this match will show the improvments of the weaker member tactics.

The team that seems fully competent is the Volleyball team. They just have a tank that sunks for most things. They can stunt drive a relatively slow tank in combat, they have guts, and they can hit their targets accurately with that short barreled gun. They just cannot defeat any reasonable tank with those hits.
Old 2015-12-06, 00:04   Link #127
arkhangelsk

I try not to spit into other people's holy water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The team that seems fully competent is the Volleyball team. They just have a tank that sunks for most things. They can stunt drive a relatively slow tank in combat, they have guts, and they can hit their targets accurately with that short barreled gun. They just cannot defeat any reasonable tank with those hits.
... but you've just spit into mine right when I'm particularly traumatized at the film-maker's latest nerf of my favorite team.

To vent my frustration, allow me to review every starting team's derps - the newer teams didn't really have time to have that many derps. I'm sorry if some people feel I'm spitting in their holy water, but at least your favorite team hasn't been nerfed yet.

Volleyball Team
Spoiler:

Turtle Team
Spoiler:

Hippo Team
Spoiler:

Anglerfish Team
Spoiler:

In this sea of derps, Rabbit Team actually ends up looking very good.

Rabbit Team
Spoiler:

In short, every crew they made had strengths and weaknesses, which is great. They are a new team. We don't expect perfection. And teams should have complementary characteristics.

So WHY, Mizushima, did you feel so pressed to nerf the one thing that Rabbit Team actually does better than the others?

You may say "Well, yeah, but it is just one according to you, arkhangelsk. Considering how many you racked up for the others, they are still doing pretty well." Numerically yes, but for one thing, the later in the game the derps are, the more they hurt, and der Film is the latest. Further, I bet many of you had trouble recognizing the derps I listed because the show covered them up in flowers.

But of course Rabbit Team's derp has to be out in the bare open.
Old 2015-12-06, 04:40   Link #128
D-Joe

Quote:
A bit of extrapolation finds that, if you've got ~1500 words of review for eight minutes, you'll have a 22500-word review for the whole movie To put that in perspective, assuming we're rocking size 12 Times New Roman font single-spaced, that's roughly 56.5 pages of text, or half a Master's thesis!

Insofar, I would say it's unfair to assess the movie based on a mere eight minutes, but moreover, I contend that enjoyment of the movie should not be dictated entirely by technical details such as whether or not proper armour warfare protocol is followed, and even then, in the context of anime, I find it not necessary for the anime to follow things down to the letter to be enjoyable(for all of the things Girls und Panzer gets right in the TV series, it's no Tom Clancy by any stretch).

I'm personally more interested in how well the movie's events can convey whatever their theme is going to be, and how well all of the different elements of audio-visuals contribute to this. Theme and execution is weighted more heavily in my assessment than any technical details, which is why I would think that looking at just eight minutes and supposing this to hold for the remainder of the film is equivalent to looking at the first question on a student's exam and seeing that, since the botched it, they'll have failed the rest of the exam.
I do recommended you stop caring about a person that just want to make the movie sound bad.
How is that 8 minute even count as "weak" seriously, other than compressed sound or low res quality.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 04:42   Link #129
arkhangelsk

Instead of impugning my motives, why not rebutt my post?
Old 2015-12-06, 04:50   Link #130
D-Joe

Because your post is pointless to care, since you can't even get the facts right.
Quote:
Actually, the title does say:
ガールズ&パンツァー 劇場版 冒頭8分

So according to it it IS the first 8 minutes of the film. It is an unusual choice, not showing us the very beginning of the match, but there it is.
And the youtube/niconico video is not even from official genius, it is first 8 minute of the match.
https://twitter.com/garupan/status/672982459537993728
>【速報】劇場版の公開が3週目に入りましたが、バンダイチャンネルにて本編序盤の大洗市街戦の模様を約8分公開!これを見て是非劇場へ!尚、「冒頭8分」となっておりますが誤っております。こちらは週明けに修正します 。

Last edited by D-Joe; 2015-12-06 at 05:06.
Old 2015-12-06, 05:03   Link #131
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Because your post is pointless to care, since you can't even get the facts right.

And the youtube/niconico video is not even from official genius, it's is first 8 minute of the match.
https://twitter.com/garupan/status/672982459537993728
>【速報】劇場版の公開が3週目に入りましたが、バンダイチャンネルにて本編序盤の大洗市街戦の模様を約8分公開!これを見て是非劇場へ!尚、「冒頭8分」となっておりますが誤っております。こちらは週明けに修正します 。
You meant to say "it isn't the first 8 minutes of the match." Fine, I stand corrected on the exact placement of that clip - though in mitigation this is a mistake shared with the official uploader.

Now, I don't think your main beef with me is on that tiny detail really, so why don't you look into my minute by minute and point out some other mistakes?

Re the sound quality and resolution, if you actually read my minute-by-minute, you may notice that I did concede it might look a bit better in a cinmea. However, the question must be asked. While this is a cinematic production and will look its best in theater, shouldn't it also look pretty good otherwise? And if a scene is entirely carried by the extra boom of a theater, is it a good scene or are we getting hoodwinked.

For the records, GuP anime looks good independent of device. It looks good and gets the desired effect on my laptop. Am I being demanding to expect the cinema version to be as good
Old 2015-12-06, 05:10   Link #132
D-Joe

I mean to say it is.It is first 8 minute of the match.

And other than your obvious wrong facts, i see no point to read any single words from you, or you go ask someone is 480p good enough for watching a show in 2015 and is watch it in cinema just "a bit" better than current quality we have.
Old 2015-12-06, 05:13   Link #133
Nork22

After watching that clip, I was rather amused and excited about this movie even more. I'm still baffled that a Churchill VII and Matilda II can keep up with T-34s but whatever. Makes the battles more exciting.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Instead of impugning my motives, why not rebutt my post?
Cause we can't since it's only 8 minutes out of 120 minutes. Plus it's not even the whole battle.

Last edited by Nork22; 2015-12-06 at 05:26.
Nork22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 11:36   Link #134
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
I do recommended you stop caring about a person that just want to make the movie sound bad.
How is that 8 minute even count as "weak" seriously, other than compressed sound or low res quality.
If you're asserting he's wrong (and he likely is), I could be convinced quickly enough with the right information, although I stress for all parties that tweets (and social media in general) are dubious

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2017-10-31 at 17:26. Reason: Spelling
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 11:51   Link #135
arkhangelsk

Well, somebody finally compiled a list of who killed who and how. Within hours, something made a picture out of it.
Images
Kills
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-12-07, 11:55   Link #136
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

They have way too much time on their hands, whoever made it
Old 2015-12-07, 12:17   Link #137
Marina2

They are probably someone who bought tickets to collect all arts and watched it many times..

Spoiler for About that spoiler pictues:

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-12-07 at 12:45.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 12:34   Link #138
arkhangelsk

Quote:
They have way too much time on their hands, whoever made it
It is a very pretty graphic, isn't it?

All right a few comments based on the diagram.

Spoiler:
Old 2015-12-07, 12:37   Link #139
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
They are probably someone who bought tickets to collect all arts and watched it many times..
All this is elevating my anticipation for the movie!

Quote:
It is a very pretty graphic, isn't it?
It looks as good as the diagrams I would be asked to put into a conference or journal publication, which is saying something.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2015-12-07 at 23:17. Reason: New information supercedes this
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 14:15   Link #140
vic-vic

Spoiler for Wow:
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
german, gup, tankery, tanks