AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-09-20, 13:44   Link #101
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Well, according to NHK's website, the animation studio has indeed been changed to Studio Deen. But, as ramlaen has said, the director, series composition, music composer, producer and production supervisors remain the same. Imho, these are the people who had made Log Horizon S1 so memorable and it's a relief that they're still here to make good anime.
Is the character designer the same? That's pretty important. One of the things that threw people off when Fairy Tail resumed was that there was a new character designer. The characters all looked different even though it was the same characters.

Also I'm not entirely convinced that the change in animators be a hit. Switching to different grunts with no practice drawing the characters is pretty much guaranteed to have a drop off in art and animation quality from where the first season ended.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 14:06   Link #102
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Is the character designer the same? That's pretty important. One of the things that threw people off when Fairy Tail resumed was that there was a new character designer. The characters all looked different even though it was the same characters.

Also I'm not entirely convinced that the change in animators be a hit. Switching to different grunts with no practice drawing the characters is pretty much guaranteed to have a drop off in art and animation quality from where the first season ended.
The character art in the PV looked on model to me, for all we know the outsourcing will be sent to the same Chinese/Korean animators.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 17:38   Link #103
Vash1306
Pancakes

So based on what we have seen in the trailer so far. How much is being adapted?
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 17:44   Link #104
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
So based on what we have seen in the trailer so far. How much is being adapted?
Up to volume 7, and at least part of Kanami's story. We can't really tell until the special episode next week, though, since the PV doesn't tell too much.

There's something with the kids, but I can't tell what.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:47   Link #105
tsunade666

^ you know if there are designs shown for the kids. There are chances they will animate it up til vol 8.

This is another 2 cour right? I think animating up till vol 7 and kanami's side story is too small or short for 2 cour.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:47   Link #106
Valky
Radioactive

Volume eight will be released September 29 though. It might be included too.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 18:12   Link #107
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

-_\\\. People. Volumes release dates have nothing to do with it. Tono already has story for 9 or 10 volumes(9th at least was announced for this year) ready and they'll use it all. Then actual volumes will be printed — doesn't matter.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 18:16   Link #108
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ you know if there are designs shown for the kids. There are chances they will animate it up til vol 8.

This is another 2 cour right? I think animating up till vol 7 and kanami's side story is too small or short for 2 cour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Volume eight will be released September 29 though. It might be included too.
They probably will, which means we'd get up to volume 9's/Dragonhowl's part with Kanami, because it's important for explaining things that happen in volume 8. We're not sure where volume 9 will end, though. I heard rumors that it'd be released by the end of this year, but who knows. Hopefully it will, for delicious spoilers.

I can't say with certainty that the part with the kids was for volume 8, or if it's filler to explain what they were doing during the scenes of volumes 6 and 7. Hard to tell when there's no context, and I haven't read the web novel so I can't double-check the scenes.
Old 2014-09-20, 18:39   Link #109
teja208
Critical fanboy

So the voice in the trailer is really Tetora?

As for DEEN taking over the animation department, normally I wouldn't be worried that much as long as it doesn't have any impact the script writing.

However, they are gonna cover freaking volume 7, sub par animation quality is a must.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 19:15   Link #110
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So the voice in the trailer is really Tetora?

As for DEEN taking over the animation department, normally I wouldn't be worried that much as long as it doesn't have any impact the script writing.

However, they are gonna cover freaking volume 7, sub par animation quality is a must.
Yeah, the cutesy one is Tet.

DEEN shouldn't have any effect on script writing since they're only covering animation.

Doesnt sub-par animation mean below average animation ...? I think you meant the opposite, but looking at some better shots of the preview, I'm not terribly sure. Of course, it's only the PV, so it's hard to judge from there. Both Maryelle and William's hair look really stiff and somewhat awkward, though.
Old 2014-09-20, 19:29   Link #111
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Yeah, the cutesy one is Tet.

DEEN shouldn't have any effect on script writing since they're only covering animation.

Doesnt sub-par animation mean below average animation ...? I think you meant the opposite, but looking at some better shots of the preview, I'm not terribly sure. Of course, it's only the PV, so it's hard to judge from there. Both Maryelle and William's hair look really stiff and somewhat awkward, though.
Ah right right, I did make a mistake there sorry. I meant the opposite.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:54   Link #112
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The character designer is now Kumagai Tetsuya. Previously it was Ito Mariko.

Quote:
That's a valid concern, yes. For myself though, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Or rather, I find that there's really no point worrying about it now that everything's set and ready to go

I would prefer to think that NHK has done what it could to make LogHora S2 a bigger hit. The Abe government has been talking about promoting Japanese culture to the world again and I hope Log Horizon's appeal might persuade NHK that, yes, this is a worthy investment =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:05   Link #113
whitecloud

i just seen the PV, is that kanami? if so is that mean we gonna see the go east story?
Old 2014-09-21, 02:36   Link #114
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Images
comparison of Kanami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I have really bad feelings about changing animation studio to Deen...
Kanami made Go East!Kanami from scratch after ditching her DTP char, maybe she feels like to have bigger boobs than her previous character.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 02:47   Link #115
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be fair, we never saw Kanami move much in the first season, issues like this only comes up with exaggerated movements.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 02:52   Link #116
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Kanami made Go East!Kanami from scratch after ditching her DTP char, maybe she feels like to have bigger boobs than her previous character.
Just a reminder that whatever sorcery was behind Catastrophe, it is trying to make the avatar's body match its real life counterpart as close as it can. This is why Akatsuki needed that appearance-changing potion, because her gender AND bodytype didn't match. It's like walking in a Bonta-kun suit that is too big or too small. So people stuck in different gender and race have been feeling a lot of discomfort.

Spoiler:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 06:15   Link #117
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
While I loved the trailer for Log Horizon Season 2, the fact that Studio DEEN taking over the animation gives me a bad feeling...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 06:32   Link #118
Side-streetdog

Just PV make me had a bad feeling about 2 SS.
Old 2014-09-23, 08:39   Link #119
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Just a reminder that whatever sorcery was behind Catastrophe, it is trying to make the avatar's body match its real life counterpart as close as it can. This is why Akatsuki needed that appearance-changing potion, because her gender AND bodytype didn't match. It's like walking in a Bonta-kun suit that is too big or too small. So people stuck in different gender and race have been feeling a lot of discomfort.
Kanami is a centimeter taller, after all. Whatever the reason, she definitely grew. And chose to wear a short shorts instead of her kung fu pants that she had as a swashbuckler. Clearly, her values changed when she left the modesty of Japan.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 10:03   Link #120
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
Kanami is a centimeter taller, after all. Whatever the reason, she definitely grew. And chose to wear a short shorts instead of her kung fu pants that she had as a swashbuckler. Clearly, her values changed when she left the modesty of Japan.
She became a eurofag \o/
Our continent have a reputation for being a little more liberal than the rest of the world after all.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote