AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Log Horizon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   (L+CR) Log Horizon Season 2 General Discussion (NO SPOILERS) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125069)

Flower 2014-03-22 17:16

Log Horizon Season 2 General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Log Horizon is getting a second season beginning this Fall.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...airs-this-fall

Netto Azure 2014-03-22 17:23

Is it Summer/Fall 2014 yet?

Anyways can't wait to see the character development. :D

Flower 2014-03-22 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netto Azure (Post 5053717)
Is it Summer/Fall 2014 yet?

Anyways can't wait to see the character development. :D

The link above lists it as beginning in Fall only ... but come to think of it I may just have misread your comment.

The text in the link reads:

Quote:

It looks like anime fans will not be long without their adventures into the world of Elder Tale. The fall 2013/winter 2014 anime adaptation of Mamare Touno's Log Horizon light novel series, about players living in a fictional MMORPG, has ended with the notice that the anime will recommence in fall 2014.

MK-95- 2014-03-22 17:29

Well, that was...fast!! I'm not surprised though, considering how popular it is in the anime community.

Also, probably one of the most intelligent anime I've seen in years, so I welcome this second season with arms wide open.

Netto Azure 2014-03-22 17:29

I was just saying that because I'm also waiting for SAO2 LOL.

It's nice having 2 of my favorite series adapted back to back. Now if only some other Chinese light novels get an adaptation too...

teja208 2014-03-22 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netto Azure (Post 5053726)
I was just saying that because I'm also waiting for SAO2 LOL.

It's nice having 2 of my favorite series adapted back to back. Now if only some other Chinese light novels get an adaptation too...

Yes, we won't be catching any break from VRMMO-like setting this year, and having to deal with people comparing both series seem inevitable which will be bothersome.

Benigmatica 2014-03-22 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by teja208 (Post 5054015)
Yes, we won't be catching any break from VRMMO-like setting this year, and having to deal with people comparing both series seem inevitable which will be bothersome.

Agree. But let's just say that Sword Art Online and Log Horizon are the same, yet different as in night and day.

The Green One 2014-03-22 22:47

Just as long as it doesn't devolve into they typical SAO complaint fest in a Log Horizon thread.

Krono 2014-03-22 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green One (Post 5054034)
Just as long as it doesn't devolve into they typical SAO complaint fest in a Log Horizon thread.

That's sadly a tall order. There are a number of Log Horizon fans who also happen to be SAO haters.

Benigmatica 2014-03-23 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krono (Post 5054079)
That's sadly a tall order. There are a number of Log Horizon fans who also happen to be SAO haters.

And that applies the other way around. Now, I wonder if they'll keep the budget like in the first season? They're not doing it big compared to Nobunaga: The Fool.

Netto Azure 2014-03-23 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krono (Post 5054079)

Which is quite sad to be honest.

Some people join a bandwagon to hatefest on a series every season in order to appear a certain way, instead of appreciating that something gets an adaptation at all. Producing anime isn't cheap after all.

Flower 2014-03-23 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green One (Post 5054034)

Please feel free to report such things is the threads veer off topic like this....

MK-95- 2014-03-23 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benigmatica (Post 5054028)
Agree. But let's just say that Sword Art Online and Log Horizon are the same, yet different as in night and day.

Same basic setting & the same central plot point. Only thing that sets both apart is that one focused on romance first & foremost, while the other chose to go with politics. Either way, I've no probs with both series, but yup, this year is the year of comparisons. The VRMMO anime fanwar is upon us. -_-

Sheba 2014-03-23 04:01

While it's clear from SAO that they are in a VRMMORPG, Elder Tales in LH is a mouse and keyboard MMORPG. It's closer to a snatched-to-another-land story disguised as a trapped-in-a-game story. But yeah, the truth is more complex than both sides (Elder Tales is a VR or Elder Tales is a fantasy world a la Narnia) would like to believe.

Hoaviet 2014-03-23 04:15

SAO makes more sense how they got trapped but Log Horizon has more mystery of how they got trapped and how are they going to get back.

Sheba 2014-03-23 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoaviet (Post 5054302)
SAO makes more sense how they got trapped but Log Horizon has more mystery of how they got trapped and how are they going to get back.

I think there are more to that than "We gotta get back". The world of Elder Tales appears to be a world that needs to be healed and fixed, like a lighter version of the world of Dark Souls. Speculation; one possible course of action would be to find out how to fix that world and make the life of the People of the Land better, then going home/staying (it's possible that not everyone want to go back).

Dark Wing 2014-03-23 19:07

Maybe with any luck we'll see an adaptation of some of the side story material.

DQueenie13 2014-03-23 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 5055120)
Maybe with any luck we'll see an adaptation of some of the side story material.

I feel as though Nyanta's would be the only one that would get adapted by NHK if they planned on doing one, since it's more light-hearted and slice-of-life.

Honey Moon Logs is ... meh (the whole flavor-text thing was introduced much earlier than it was in the LN), WWB is arguably pretty dark for NHK that is harder to cut out and thus would have to be altered more, and Kanami's side-story isn't that difficult but the second they get to *those* monsters, they might have to tone down their nightmarish appearances.

ApathyEcstasy 2014-03-24 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 5054308)
I think there are more to that than "We gotta get back". The world of Elder Tales appears to be a world that needs to be healed and fixed, like a lighter version of the world of Dark Souls. Speculation; one possible course of action would be to find out how to fix that world and make the life of the People of the Land better, then going home/staying (it's possible that not everyone want to go back).

Isn't it also possible that there's no going back?

Sheba 2014-03-24 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy (Post 5055522)
Isn't it also possible that there's no going back?

That would definitely suck for those wishing to go back. tbh I'd prefer to leave the two options open. Some people like Touya may not wish to go back as a cripple/whatever sucked for them in 21st century Earth. (I have a father who is now crippled so I can sympathize with the boy when I remember the lively person my father used to be).