AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-11, 04:39   Link #81
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexecutioner View Post
Please don't say that T.T

Shinmai was kinda meh Budget-wise(even the first episode)
Inari Konkon Koi Iroha is the only series that have the best production values from the studio and that's only their first work, everything else sucks in comparison (especially Gonna be the Twintails). Hope the budget for their new series look more in line with Inari than the rest. Anyone else agreed with me?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2015-03-11, 05:29   Link #82
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, obviously "that point" will take a bit longer than episode 1. But if you really want to know the speed of the progression.

Spoiler:

In other words, yes, there is significant, fast development. Do _not_ judge Stella merely on episode 1, where she will initially seem like every other run-of-the-mill tsundere due to her anger. From episode 2 on, you'll quickly realize that she is very different (and actually, pretty amazing)

Haak: The WW2 aspect plays exactly _zero_ role as far as I've read (up to vol3). Some people just looooove to stir the sh*tpot.
Indeed, Stella is cool, that surprised me.
Old 2015-03-11, 06:47   Link #83
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Why does romance = shoujo? Lots of anime have romance and
Spoiler:
and they certainly aren't all shoujo. Not that I have anything against shoujo, mind you.

And just fyi, if one episode were enough to determine the quality of a whole series, that would be a problem in itself.
Romance is not equal to shoujo, but these
Spoiler for explanation:
are very common in shoujo, hence the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And just fyi, if one episode were enough to determine the quality of a whole series, that would be a problem in itself.
Episode 1 just has to be good enough to get me to watch episode 2. Episode 2 should make me watch 3. 3 -> 4. And on and on till the end. That's my anime-watching style.
Old 2015-03-11, 08:21   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Haak: The WW2 aspect plays exactly _zero_ role as far as I've read (up to vol3). Some people just looooove to stir the sh*tpot.
It's not really about that (though it would've been bad if it was). I just couldn't help but find the Unfortunate Implications a little amusing. It's just a little bit strange to have a nice escapist fantasy world full of magic and comedy hijinks and then get a random "Hitler probably won" moment. I'm sure it's no big deal or anything, though it doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in me when it comes to its world building.

In any case I just read the first two chapters of the manga and...yeah it is pretty generic and predictable. But there is a little potential to it so maybe I'll see how it goes. It probably isn't going to be the next TAMNI I've been waiting for but I can always hope (Although one person did tell me I made a mistake in dropping Tokyo Ravens...)
Old 2015-03-11, 08:33   Link #85
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's not really about that (though it would've been bad if it was). I just couldn't help but find the Unfortunate Implications a little amusing. It's just a little bit strange to have a nice escapist fantasy world full of magic and comedy hijinks and then get a random "Hitler probably won" moment. I'm sure it's no big deal or anything, though it doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in me when it comes to its world building.
You should consider the fact that the Magic Knight "Blazers" existed before the war (and we don't even know how long before that), so it is VERY likely that history diverged long before that, including the participants in the war. As far as I read (middle of vol. 2) Germany was not even once mentioned. It's likely that even Japan's role in it may have been different in this alternate history.
Old 2015-03-11, 08:38   Link #86
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They should have gone for a World War II where fights are between Blazers.
That would have been fun.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-03-12, 20:27   Link #87
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Inari Konkon Koi Iroha is the only series that have the best production values from the studio and that's only their first work, everything else sucks in comparison (especially Gonna be the Twintails). Hope the budget for their new series look more in line with Inari than the rest. Anyone else agreed with me?
Isn't a budget issue but a time management issue on their shedules.

Like it's known, IMS was working on Shinmai while they're supposed to be doing Twintails.
Old 2015-03-13, 17:37   Link #88
TJR

The group split up after Inari Kon Kon, so we can probably think of Date-A-Live II as the real start of IMS in terms of its current (and likely intended) structure.

Aldnoah Zero has monopolized much of the talent on Inari, including subcontracted studios (AIC, acca effe, Kelmadick).
Old 2015-03-14, 02:12   Link #89
dexecutioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
The group split up after Inari Kon Kon, so we can probably think of Date-A-Live II as the real start of IMS in terms of its current (and likely intended) structure.

Aldnoah Zero has monopolized much of the talent on Inari, including subcontracted studios (AIC, acca effe, Kelmadick).
I thought IMS used to be AIC ASTA? Since they did the SnO movie. And ASTA is known for having inconsistent quality. Which is why Twintails and Shinmai are like that.

Getting off topic though. I really hope they follow the LN and don't add unnecessary ecchi scenes.
Old 2015-03-14, 03:00   Link #90
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexecutioner View Post
I thought IMS used to be AIC ASTA? Since they did the SnO movie. And ASTA is known for having inconsistent quality. Which is why Twintails and Shinmai are like that.
The history of AIC is rather complicated since they reorganized several times and played loosely with branding.

I guess the best way to put it is that the producers responsible for AIC's later output (maybe from around 2009-2013) run Production IMS. One of them was originally in charge of the old AIC ASTA, which took three forms:
  • a satellite team in Nishitokyo (everything up to and including Bamboo Blade; technically the early stages of Oreimo as well until the first episode was finished)
  • a new team in Nerima (first season of SnO; I think Sunred as well, but I can't verify this)
  • a reorganized version of the Nerima team under new management (SnO S2, Campanella, Jinrui, Aura, Persona). Essentially, the SnO S1 group split three ways and were distributed among AIC Build, AIC Classic, and AIC ASTA.

This IMS producer managed the first two, but not the third, which was eventually absorbed into A-1 Pictures almost wholesale.
Old 2015-03-15, 02:29   Link #91
rladls2121

I have to watch this.

The fact "Japan won World War 2" is one of the reasons for this.
Light Novel, Anime, Manga and "Japan won World War 2".
This existence meaning, just what is this mixed feeling?

This kind of genre really interests me.
Anime is anime and light novel is light novel but mixed in with some parts of reality.
It also show tiny parts of the country's attitudes at the same time.

Did someone says wish fulfilling?
Yes, we all wishes for many things, whether good or bad.
The important part is that if "Japan won World War 2", then what is this series outcome of it?
It also leaves me wondering how the author put this kind of thought, but his/her actual feelings is.
But why World War 2 topic has to come in?
Again the biggest reasons watch it, and eventually how will the author ends the story writing the novel?

Spoiler for Little off topic:
Old 2015-03-15, 02:36   Link #92
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I have to watch this.

The fact "Japan won World War 2" is one of the reasons for this.
Light Novel, Anime, Manga and "Japan won World War 2".
This existence meaning, just what is this mixed feeling?
iirc, the fact that they won was just briefly mentioned. Its not like it matter to the current plot. I may be wrong(just read until half of 2 vol)
Old 2015-03-15, 02:57   Link #93
rladls2121

Just briefly mentioned, yes that's the point.
It has to be mentioned.
I do not know why, but author has to mention it for some reason.

The meaning behind of "Japan won World War 2".
For some others, that existence itself is maybe a scar from the past.
Although older generation does not read or watch these things so maybe not really a problem for younger generation, at most I think.

My selfish conclusion:
When it comes to this topic, things are not really bright no matter which perspective it comes from.
But just by mentioning this topic as a part of the fictional plot for this kind of series is really easy to mention for someone that is looking at the past dark history too lightly.

Im looking forward to it.
Old 2015-03-15, 07:03   Link #94
bastek66

That part about Japan winning WW2 makes many people asspained.
Old 2015-03-15, 07:30   Link #95
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
That part about Japan winning WW2 makes many people asspained.
How so? I don't see how people (outside of Japan and maybe rest of East Asia I mean) can be frustrated over a part of Japanese history they don't really know about regardless of right wing problems and the like?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2015-03-15, 09:10   Link #96
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
How so? I don't see how people (outside of Japan and maybe rest of East Asia I mean) can be frustrated over a part of Japanese history they don't really know about regardless of right wing problems and the like?
The invasion of Normandy excepted, for many Americans, WWII is remembered more for the war with Japan than the war in Europe. Japan blindsided us with the attack on Pearl Harbor. The battles across the Pacific were hard and long-fought. The idea that Japan won WWII can give Americans a jolt. It did to me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2015-03-15, 09:28   Link #97
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To me, I wonder why the author had to add that particular detail when it didn't really bring anything new to the story itself. They can just take out that WWII shit and no one would bat an eyelid.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-03-15, 10:18   Link #98
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The invasion of Normandy excepted, for many Americans, WWII is remembered more for the war with Japan than the war in Europe. Japan blindsided us with the attack on Pearl Harbor. The battles across the Pacific were hard and long-fought. The idea that Japan won WWII can give Americans a jolt. It did to me.
Except in real life there were no Sword Magicans who fought during the war. The most important fact is that they did exist BEFORE the war, which means that history diverged long before this. For all we know, South Africa may be the country that started WW2 in this alternate history... and Japan may be part of the "Allies". Fact is, there is no proof either way, but people jump to conclusions immdietly.
Old 2015-03-15, 10:28   Link #99
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Except in real life there were no Sword Magicans who fought during the war. The most important fact is that they did exist BEFORE the war, which means that history diverged long before this. For all we know, South Africa may be the country that started WW2 in this alternate history... and Japan may be part of the "Allies". Fact is, there is no proof either way, but people jump to conclusions immdietly.
Just to be clear, I have no problems with alternative history stories. I quite like them, in fact. I'm just stating that my initial reaction to the single statement "Japan won WWII" was to take a mental step back and say "Oh?"

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2015-03-15, 14:03   Link #100
rladls2121

Like you said, LKK, alternative history also intrigues me too.
Of course I do not know how much the author fully grasps his own country's past, present, and futures.
And then just by looking at how other surrounded countries influenced because of Japan.
As we read and watch this series, we'll see and of course some people already saw the creators of this series attitudes and sincere feelings towards their own country's history.

But most of all, the female characters and which leads to male main funny misunderstandings.
Closed Thread