AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-14, 12:06   Link #61
Frontier

We haven't seen Sei clean up some miasma in a while! Things went pretty smoothly there! And not just because she's got Hawke by her side .

Well, yeah, figures Sei never had anyone to spend a romantic Christmas with back in her old life, though she did appreciate the festive vibe. But now she has a handsome man in her life who will take any comment she makes and use it to flirt with her .

It's good that the miasma seems to be dying down, but that also means Sei's job will pretty much be done and the question of what to do with the Saint afrerwards arises...especially for someone as well-regarded and famous as her, noble families are chomping at the bit to get their hands on her either at social functions or through marriage. Mama Liz wants Sei to be thinking of marriage, though she's also been doing all she can to try to control the situation so Sei isn't overwhelmed or hijacked by a noble family .

A rare Aira and Liz moment where they discuss love and marriage, and the idea of marrying for love rather than for nobility. Which is all the more meaningful because isn't Liz engaged to Prince Kyle who ended up becoming obsessed with Aira? I wonder if Aira has fallen in love with someone else yet, or is it Kyle? Liz doesn't think she has a true love match but she's accepted that as the daughter of a marquis, and is willing to put in the work for a marriage of convenience to turn into a lasting love connection. Either way, both girls just want the other to be happy, just like they want Sei to be happy, which is very sweet .

I thought that was Hawke's dad, but it's actually his other brother (voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu?)! We even get to meet Liz's dad (who ships SeixHawke, probably partially because of his daughter), somebody related to Yuri, and Johan's brother. And everyone has an opinion about whom Sei should be with .

Erhart wouldn't mind marrying Sei, he seems fond enough about her and thinks she would be a good romantic prospect, but he knows his younger brother is absolutely head over heels for her and is the better match. And Hawke finally has to put his name in the ring for Sei's hand. It's about time he made a move .

I guess they don't have to worry about Yuri unless he thinks marrying Sei will make him able to monopolize her magic. Wait, maybe they do need to worry about Yuri .

What about Johan? I mean, obvious he doesn't want to screw over his bro Hawke, but Sei went from being a hassle in his life to someone he can't stop thinking about...though maybe in a more familial than romantic sense. Thank goodness we're not doing a fake engagement story .

Sei's concerned about marriage and how it might impact the life she's made for herself, but when she considers Hawke's feelings, and how he really feels about her, her powers just can't help but activate. If Johan had straight up asked her if she'd be willing to marry Hawke, I wonder how she would've reacted ?

Let me guess, this "last mission" is going to be the one with the dragon, right ?
Old 2023-11-14, 17:06   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I'm glad for some focus on the sitautions around Liz and Aira. Mostly since Sei's romantic situation is kind of boring. She obviously likes Hawke, he obviously likes her, and they are just circling around each other while Sei gets regularly flustered by how awesome he is. Obviously it makes sense for them to be like this. But there's little real threat here. And honestly I feel a bit bad for Liz having to bat away suitors and people testing the waters. Since that situation would be unnecessary if Sei just got a move on and moved that relationship forward.

Honestly I do get that this is a difficult thing and everyone is sorting through a lot. But the clock is ticking before this becomes a stressful political situation. If it hasn't technically done so already! I don't know how much longer she and Hawke can run in circles here.

And of course a situation emerges at a time when everyone's minds are full of tricky thoughts. Guess we'll see how it plays out.
Old 2023-11-14, 17:18   Link #63
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Er.... OK. Aira and Liz were acting really... errr let's say like "cousins" in the first half.
Yeah...to be honest I felt like they were talking about other people (and specifically dancing around mentioning Prince Kyle) but the way they framed it made it come off like they had feelings for each other .
Old 2023-11-14, 18:56   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think they needed to spend this long focusing on old men talking about marrying Sei off, considering it's obvious she'll end up with Hawke, especially since they stated she'll get the final say. On the other hand, I guess I'm glad we're avoiding some kind of "Hawke's status is too low to marry the Saint" kind of drama.

A bit surprised the royal family isn't trying to make Sei theirs. Obviously the eldest prince is out of the question, but they introduced his younger brother early in the season and have done nothing with him.
Old 2023-11-14, 19:28   Link #65
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think they needed to spend this long focusing on old men talking about marrying Sei off, considering it's obvious she'll end up with Hawke, especially since they stated she'll get the final say. On the other hand, I guess I'm glad we're avoiding some kind of "Hawke's status is too low to marry the Saint" kind of drama.

A bit surprised the royal family isn't trying to make Sei theirs. Obviously the eldest prince is out of the question, but they introduced his younger brother early in the season and have done nothing with him.
I guess the underlying issue is that also it seems like the miasma problem might actually be solved so all they really have to address is what they're going to do with Sei now .

I wonder if part of it is the Liz issue. Liz was engaged to the older brother but he spurned her for Aira, basically, and was disgraced for his treatment of Sei while Liz gets along well with the younger brother.
Old 2023-11-14, 21:39   Link #66
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So its time for Sei to get a suitor and she glows like a nightlight when she thinks of Hawke but poor Johan dosnt have a chance
Old 2023-11-21, 12:01   Link #67
Frontier

With her duties as the Saint winding down, it's the perfect time for Sei to reflect on everything she'd been through up to this point...AKA Season 1 !

Sei is finally in Hawke's hometown! And she enjoys the view quite a bit! Maybe she wouldn't mind moving there for good, if you catch my drift ?

Oh snap, it's Hawke's parents! Sei finally meets his parents! And his mom is a total MILF! You can definitely see where Erhart gets his hair color from, but Hawke also has his mothers' soft features as well .

Nothing quite like a full course meal from your future in-laws! And did they mention they have a local hot springs? No Japanese woman can resist that! She can even make it another date trip with Hawke! And his parents totally know what's up .

I love how Sei felt like meeting her love interests' parents was so exhausting she needs her own potions to recover. Though a meeting with Hawke bathed in moonlight is a solid pick-me-up all it's own .

They encounter a settlement with no people and suddenly hear screaming...and Yuri immediately acts like a kid who just got on the playground. Well, at least he's quick to action as they address the monster situation .

No surprise the knights are turning into Sei's fanclub, though with this possibly being her last expedition as the Saint, Sei is left pondering what's next for her afterwards. Though they have to take care of the miasma swamp first .

This definitely is their toughest challenge yet. Not only do they have to deal with monsters but also UNDEAD monsters who can basically shrug off death blows and recover. And did we mention the giant boar that seems to be the leader of this monster pack of wolves? And there's still the dragon at the end of this, I assume .

"Final Act" - Well, if that's not a tad ominous .
Old 2023-11-21, 18:47   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The whole scene with the undead dogs was rather unsettling for a show like this. They came straight out of Resident Evil.
Old 2023-11-21, 21:45   Link #69
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Sei is meeting Hawke parents and Yuri is tagging along with them Well Sei perked up when she heard the word onsen

Well Yuri jumping into danger when he heard a scream and a lot of knights join them in there campaign
Old 2023-11-28, 12:00   Link #70
Frontier

Is there no more ominous stage for a confrontation with the miasma than deep into a dark and abandoned mine ?

Though Sei and Hawke are practically on a stroll together, though I guess that's nothing new for them. Yuri still just wants to test out his spells on something .

Sei really understanding she's the only girl in a group of men and soldiers when she's not used to conditions in a mine with all it's smells and critters...though of course Hawke wastes no time comforting her in true Hawke fashion .

Hey, if you have a White Mage in the party, don't waste the chance for her to heal you! Especially before you face a Boss Battle. And Sei is confident enough in her abilities that she thinks she can do Area Heal and still have enough in the tank for some purification. Maybe .

Yuri really thought he could take Sei's job away from her and purify the miasma himself. You're not the main character, Yuri. Especially when Sei makes short work of the miasma herself when they give her the opportunity. They never even had to fight the boar !

Just when you think you're done, suddenly spectral undead wolves pop up and make you fall down a bridge. The look on Sei and Hawke's face as she dropped had so much palpable tension .

I love how Sei is alone and wandering through the mine wondering if she'll ever find anyone and see Hawke again...but still has to think about how she needs to eat .

Ah, the classic "run to your love interest while calling their name" moment. And it almost always in a tight embrace. Too bad that one soldier had to kill the mood .

We finally catch up to the prologue as the Undead Dragon comes out of the pool of miasma, and it's a formidable Final Boss with not only it's poisnous fumes but it's intense fire breathing. And it doesn't waste time cornering Sei

Luckily Sei's hair ornament from Hawke wasn't just for fashion or affection! Giving her an ice shield that buys Hawke enough time to block the dragon and let Sei get to work, which also heals Yuri enough to help weaken the dragon and give Sei the opportunity to finish it off and purify the miasma in spectacular fashion .

This episode was titled "The Final Act," and there is a sense of finality in the closing moments. So what is next for Sei now, especially with a few episodes left ?
Old 2023-11-28, 19:07   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How did Sei suffer almost zero injuries falling from that height? Not that it matters since she had the good sense of bringing a potion with her anyway.

Kinda disappointed how easy it was to defeat the dragon. That should be all the miasma taken care of now, so we can move on to the Sei getting married arc! (I'm assuming).
Old 2023-11-28, 21:18   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How did Sei suffer almost zero injuries falling from that height? Not that it matters since she had the good sense of bringing a potion with her anyway.

Kinda disappointed how easy it was to defeat the dragon. That should be all the miasma taken care of now, so we can move on to the Sei getting married arc! (I'm assuming).
Honestly I feel like she could probably have broke her fall with a barrier...not that they showed her actually doing that .
Old 2023-11-28, 21:48   Link #73
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Sei was the only one affected by the smell of the rotting corpses inside the mine while the other are really well trained not to be affected by it well at less Hawke is offering his handkerchief to her

Dont know if Sei got some good luck stumbling on the zombie dragon nest or bad luck falling down the hole
Old 2023-12-05, 12:07   Link #74
Frontier

After a hard-fought battle, they've finally cleared up the miasma! They deserve to celebrate after such a victory. And Hawke is wasting no time hardcore flirting with Sei, even in front of others. He's as bad for her heart as the dragon was .

Sei does love her flowers, after all! Just as much as Hawke loves flirting with her, and he's being even more straightforward with it than usual. And Sei doesn't seem to mind it at all .

Sei's had her fill of banquets, but the promise of cheesy delights is enough to entice her. And she gets to see her future in-laws show they don't mind getting along with soldiers of a lower rank than them, which is nice. As was her man finding her eating habits cute .

Sei brings out the Asuna wig once again so she and Hawke can go into town and see more sausage or other wares...in what is basically a date. I mean, they even hold hands! And Sei talks about cooking for him! And they get (correct) mistaken as a couple! And neither of them is bothered by it one bit !

Sei really earning daughter-in-law points by cooking cabbage rolls for Hawke's parents. And his parents definitely know exactly what is going on between these two. They have such obvious newlywed couple vibes just from how they talk and look at each other .

Madame Hawke already trying to get Sei to spend more time there by suggesting she go to their family villa! She should've just lead with the hot springs .

Should Sei learn to ride a horse? I mean, if Jude can do it, so can she! Heck, Liz can probably ride a horse too .

Sei in a hot spring! Sei's boobs revealed !

What's Sei going to do now that her job as the Saint is over? That's defined a good chunk of her life in this new world, and it's what's connected her to Hawke...yet she still has her research job, her gal pals, and it seems clear that she and Hawke are going to spend more time together outside work and because they genuinely desire to do so...and thinking of why makes Sei's powers act up and she finally realizes and vocalizes that she's falling in love with Hawke !

Oh, Hawke's parents definitely want to see Sei again! They don't want to lose time with their future daughter-in-law. And the looks Sei and Hawke give each other have even more meaning now that they're both more aware of their feelings .
Old 2023-12-05, 21:44   Link #75
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a nice and relaxing time for Sei after the battle and finely coming to the realization that she likes Hawke Well Hawkes parents all ready knows those two really like each other as well as the old lady in that meat shop
Old 2023-12-06, 03:09   Link #76
Alchemist007
*Author

More and more characters need to ask them "when's the wedding?"
Old 2023-12-06, 07:25   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no clue if the LNs are over or not but it feels like they could just conclude the season and the story with Sei marrying Hawke.
Old 2023-12-07, 09:15   Link #78
Decel

Ditto, this really feels like the end of the whole story.
Old 2023-12-12, 11:33   Link #79
scififan

Hawk is probably Sei's ideal man. He doesn't want to force the proposal on her as she is still not ready. His colleague is giving him a push. Meanwhile, the rival clan sends the opera ticket to the magician. The magician invites Sei to the opera. They have good time discussing about the application of magic. Sei's knowledge of electricity somehow helps out the design. Their interaction becomes the gossip. The gossip is that Sei accepts the magician's marriage proposal. Sei's friends are busy to clear the gossip. Hawk got the lecture.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-12, 12:05   Link #80
Frontier

So that's Yuri's dad, Marqius Drewes? He has strong "in any other series I'd probably be a full blown evil noble and villain, but here I'm just a noble out to use any means possible to obtain prestige for my family" vibes. Which will cause some headaches for Sei .

Well, it's nice that the king doesn't want to impose any more on Sei knowing they basically kidnapped her to clean up their own mess, and he knows full well what it's like to be stuck in an important position with no freedom to do what you want...so probably good to find something for Sei to do that she wants to do but still doesn't constrain her too much .

No miasma or monsters to fight makes Yuri a dull boy, though when he sees an excuse to learn from Sei's reaction about how she views magic by watching a play together, he immediately seizes the opportunity. I would've said no for Hawke's sake, but Sei doesn't see Yuri romantically at all, and likewise on his part, so she probably didn't see it as a big deal .

I know Sei isn't a fan of dressing up or being so formal, but she looks absolutely stunning in that red and black evening dress. Even Yuri cleans up nicely and knows when to turn the charm on! Sometimes you can almost believe he might have more than just magical intentions towards Sei...or he enjoys riling her up .

Man, it pays to be rich when you get a private golden entrance to your VIP seat in a theater .

Is Sei like the first person to discover different colored light magic? I love how something so mundane comes as such an incredible shock to Yuri .

Well, it's no surprise people would see Sei and Yuri together and start to gossip, which Yuri's dad planned, and Liz doesn't care for it one bit. Honestly she probably would have warned Sei not to go if she'd known about it ahead of time. At least Sei's Gal Pals (who continue to seem like more than just Gal Pals) are rooting for her .

Well, yeah, I figure Johan would want to talk to Hawke directly. He's not really bothered about gossip about Sei and Yuri because he knows there's nothing going on there, but he is disappointed that Yuri stole his chance to go with Sei to the theater (and miss seeing Sei in that dress). And Johan makes it clear that Hawke can't keep waiting around and trying to match Sei's pace if he wants to be with her .