AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 12 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-28, 08:53   Link #61
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
So I'm the only one satisfied with the episode?
Well, there are 9 people who gave it a 10/10, so... lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 09:28   Link #62
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, I have to say that it wasn't a simple stage fright. Although it would be better if Kanan told her friends to back out due to Mari's sprained ankle, I guess she didn't do it and become a fool together with Mari and Dia on-stage.

Still, I'm glad that both Kanan and Mari reconciled at the end of this week's episode. With that said, all 9 members of Aqours have been assembled! Of course, I can't believe that Dia wrote that idol group name in the first place!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 09:32   Link #63
NosageDaze

IMO sunshine is better than the previous LL.
Old 2016-08-28, 12:29   Link #64
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I just realized this. Wow.

In the performance, the third years start off with their old outfits like we see in the flashback. Then they change to match the other members. That's awesome!
Old 2016-08-28, 14:27   Link #65
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
There's a lot of things that make Mijuku DREAMER an excellent song visually on top of how great the vocals were, the costume swap symbolism was just one of many.

The background banners shifting color to whoever's currently in a solo and switching color on positioning changes was one of the very first things I noticed during the song and made it very visually pleasing, nevermind how great the costumes were. Speaking of, after going through it again just now, just noticed that the all wear a different ornament on their sashes (except for Riko, who's wearing a wrist ornament instead)
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 14:41   Link #66
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Their outfits also reminded me of the outfits u's wore in the movie. I freaking love it.
Old 2016-08-28, 20:07   Link #67
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Am I really the only person here who thinks Dia joining Aqours should have been a bigger moment for her and Ruby? With Dia and Ruby as two of my top 3 Aqours girls, I thought they were seriously shortchanged in this episode.
I dunno. In all it feels like Dia didn't really need it. I just found it sweet with Ruby saying: "My beloved sister, welcome to Aqours". A very nice moment between sisters that doesn't need to be overplayed with dramatics. Already got that with Mari and Kanan.
Old 2016-08-28, 20:19   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I dunno. In all it feels like Dia didn't really need it. I just found it sweet with Ruby saying: "My beloved sister, welcome to Aqours". A very nice moment between sisters that doesn't need to be overplayed with dramatics. Already got that with Mari and Kanan.
I guess we disagree then. I found Dia/Ruby's moment overly subdued given how strongly and emotionally it had been built up to. I think it deserved a stronger climax. And honestly, I found it a little strange how calm Ruby was about this, given how Ruby kinda wears her emotions on her sleeve.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2016-08-28 at 20:43.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 21:08   Link #69
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I guess we disagree then. I found Dia/Ruby's moment overly subdued given how strongly and emotionally it had been built up to. I think it deserved a stronger climax. And honestly, I found it a little strange how calm Ruby was about this, given how Ruby kinda wears her emotions on her sleeve.

Thanks for your reply anyway.
It was night time, so they were getting tired
Old 2016-08-28, 21:43   Link #70
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
It was night time, so they were getting tired
lol, thanks for the laugh anyway. Really.

To be fair, I think that Sunshine has done a very good job in conveying hope, doubt, sadness, disappointment, friendship, struggle, caring, good humor, and easy-going happiness. And all of that is excellent, really.

But I'm still waiting for Sunshine to give me that strong moment of joy tied into victory, triumph, and success. I hope Sunshine has a moment that really feels like that to me before Season 1 is over. I had been hoping that Dia joining Aqours would give me that sort of feeling, largely due to Ruby being in Aqours, but hopefully there will be future opportunities to show a truly joyful and triumphant Aqours.

I also still feel pretty optimistic about Chika's growth as a character. There's some real potential here, and I think there's some interesting places they can go with her character.
Old 2016-08-29, 03:25   Link #71
AP24

So the first single's song was not the first song they performed as full members in the anime. Will it be at the end of this season or instead it will be the full members version of the 3rd episode insert?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 08:28   Link #72
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Their outfits also reminded me of the outfits u's wore in the movie. I freaking love it.
Spoiler for Final Love Live! Concert Spoilers:

While Mijuku Dreamer is a great song, I wish Kimi no Kokoro Kagayaite Kai? will be performed at later episodes!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 10:04   Link #73
Kakurin
大佐

Hm, what can I say? The drama didn't manage to get to me in the end. On the one hand it was a tad too cheesy for my taste (especially the slap-and-hug scene), on the other hand the source of the whole drama being the three third-years purely being unable to express their real feelings had me rolling my eyes. Reminded me in a negative way of the Kotori thing at the end of the first season of the original series which I loathed. I was expecting something more meaningful than that.

The insert song itself was nice. I really liked the tie-in with the fireworks and the stage and outfits were nice too. But like the previous insert song it just lacks something to be truly great.

Anyway, good that we got this whole mess out of the way. Chika stepping up berating the third-years for their childish behaviour was a good moment. Way to go.
Old 2016-08-29, 13:42   Link #74
Ernietheracefan

"Huggu shiyo" (cue the manly tears).

So much feels..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 04:10   Link #75
Ulin

For me it was a good episode, even if I don't usually like this kind of drama that can be perfectly solved just talking for 5 minutes...

Mari has gone up quite a bit in my favourites list and her scenes have been probably the best of the episode (specially the ones where she doesn't mimicry Nozomi). I had many expectations in Kanan, but sorry, I don't like characters who like to decide for others... just talk about it dammit!

A special mention to Chika. Last episode I said that I didn't like her very much, but the way she faces the 3d years really got me. Way to go Chika, this is the path.

And yes, at last we don't have any references... and you know what? I appreciate it. The show is good enough without reminding us of the previous one
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 07:39   Link #76
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 9:

Had a good time watching this one. Yohane doing a submission hold on the Kurosawa sisters is funny. Hmm, but what made me like this episode is that what really happened with Dia and the others at Tokyo 2 years ago has been revealed. things can move forward - we have a 9 girl group now. ^^

10/10 score
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 17:43   Link #77
grecefar

yep I cried at the end with kanan and mari, anyway even if was all for mari sake, kanan didn't have to act like such a bi*** more than dia at the begining, they wanted to make it look good but for me kanan acted really bad, I was cheering when mari slap her.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 19:43   Link #78
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
For me it was a good episode, even if I don't usually like this kind of drama that can be perfectly solved just talking for 5 minutes...)
Sometimes the biggest problems can be solved in 5 minutes especially if it's simply talking it out after letting it marinate. No filters, no lies. Just honesty.
I learned this the hard way and it helped me (irl) that's why it's so relatable.
Everything was explained and there were no loopholes with their drama.
They subverted the trope of dragging the angst for something more...human.

Kanan did a bro move to get one of the crew out of the small town to do bigger things since they know she's wasting that opportunity.
It's like being part of a 3 member street band and your friend has a scholarship to play ball, but he's loyal and plans to turn the recruiter down.
They had to play the "cold" route and get Mari to move out of town. That's why Kanan was pissed when she came back.

"I don't want to see you again".

It's a very real scenario, to say the least.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-08-30 at 20:01.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 19:55   Link #79
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Sometimes the biggest problems can be solved in 5 minutes especially if it's simply talking it out after letting it marinate. No filters, no lies. Just honesty.
I learned this the hard way and it helped me (irl) that's why it's so relatable.
Everything was explained and there were no loopholes with their drama.
They subverted the trope of dragging the angst for something more...human.

Kanan did a bro move to get one of the crew out of the small town to do bigger things since they know she's wasting that opportunity.
It's like being part of a 3 member street band and your friend has a scholarship to play ball, but he's loyal and plans to turn the recruiter down.
They had to play the "cold" route and get Mari to move out of town. That's why Kanan was pissed when she came back.
preach. If this shit dragged on for more than one episode, I'd explode. This is love live, not dragon ball.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2016-08-31 at 16:56.
Old 2016-08-31, 15:26   Link #80
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
preach. Is this shit dragged on for more than one episode, I'd explode. This is love live, not dragon ball.
Good old kamehameha can be just as effective as hug, though
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote