AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-31, 20:38   Link #61
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

They better hike up that mountain for their IDOL TRAINING!
Old 2016-01-31, 22:55   Link #62
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
For those interested, the unit names are up and voting will be soon!

man, some of these names lol. very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Why do I feel like I can already tell the one in the lower right is the chuuni? (I haven't even seen much of anyone but Chika) Oh right, she kinda looks like Kuroneko
dang, right on the money.

--

Old 2016-02-01, 01:00   Link #63
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
man, some of these names lol. very interesting.
Tell me about it. Specially in the first group. Some very "interesting" names there Mystic Flower and Dear Dive do sound cool, though. ALso, I can't judge on the japanese names, so for all I know, they could all be awesome.

Quote:
dang, right on the money.
Not my first chuuni idol, and she really does look like Kuroneko there.

Quote:
So she's not a samurai junkie, she's Hino Akane. Fine by me!
Old 2016-02-01, 06:53   Link #64
Nork22

You know how in the first PV You leap frog over 2 girls, well they pulled it off in their mini-concert.

Old 2016-02-01, 12:13   Link #65
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
^ Dayum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Well somebody at Sunrise sure likes legs. High res scan where
GANBARIMASU
Old 2016-02-01, 12:59   Link #66
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

I'm so hyped, it's not even funny. I'm addicted to Love Live like a drug.
Old 2016-02-01, 13:15   Link #67
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
^ Dayum

here
Old 2016-02-01, 13:52   Link #68
Kakurin
大佐

Is it really necessary to have a nine-strong cast again? I for one am split about this new series since I'm connecting Love Live with Muse and Sunrise isn't helping here by having nine again.
Old 2016-02-01, 14:30   Link #69
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Gotta say, that frog leap feels more funny than cute or hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
^ Dayum

Now, I'm kinda sad there's no blonde with super long fluffy hair in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Is it really necessary to have a nine-strong cast again? I for one am split about this new series since I'm connecting Love Live with Muse and Sunrise isn't helping here by having nine again.
Familiarity probably got priority. The real problem is whether the girls will be different or not.
Old 2016-02-01, 14:35   Link #70
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Personally the premise being so similar and being inspired to copy muse even on the group size makes me feel rather hesitant about sunshine and the character designs nor all newbie seiyu don't anything to help that and make me feel further that it might turn to be an insincere cash grab.

I do plan to give it a fair chance, but I really have my doubts about this turning out even a third as good as the original and muse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Familiarity probably got priority. The real problem is whether the girls will be different or not.
Yea but it's too much Familiarity, imo.
MAL
Old 2016-02-01, 21:13   Link #71
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
The problem Sunshine!! faces is winning over the fans indoctrinated by μ's, if the structure isn't unique enough to hide similar story beats. It's hard to see, enjoy, or appreciate the actual quality if the original series' baggage isn't removed. Acquors' could be as compelling as μ's, someone is bound to find Love Live! through Sunshine!! first, and it'd be hard to blame them for not being able to get into the first series. It's hasty jumping to these conclusions, but right now, conceptually, Sunshine!! hasn't jumped away from the original series, athletic as You Watanabe is
GANBARIMASU
Old 2016-02-02, 00:06   Link #72
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Personally the premise being so similar and being inspired to copy muse even on the group size makes me feel rather hesitant about sunshine and the character designs nor all newbie seiyu don't anything to help that and make me feel further that it might turn to be an insincere cash grab.
Insincere or not, a lot of fans are definitely warming up to them. 48k for first week single sales isn't something to scoff at. Plus the fact that a lot of international fans have a chance to vote on what is going to happen to Aqours at this early stage is a sign that they will be as successful as muse. Will it reach the maddening heights muse have become? Only time will tell.

Personally, after watching 2 of their Nico broadcast, I'm loving Shuka Saito and the silly enthusiasm she brings to You's character. YOUSORO! **salutes**

Anyway, website is now open to vote for the unit names.
http://gs.dengeki.com/sunshine_tohyo/
Mimi flore, AZALEA and Guilty Kiss are my picks.
Old 2016-02-02, 08:10   Link #73
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'll never understand why people think that a show, not to mention one that they haven't seen a single episode yet, is worse than another one just because they are similar. As long as the elements work for that particular show then it's perfectly fine to use them.
Old 2016-02-02, 13:09   Link #74
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I certainly share some of the concerns voiced by Akuma and Kona and others. Some level of similarity I'm cool with, and would in fact want, but going with the "endangered school" plot point again really does seem a bit much to me...

Still, Sunshine's marketing has been marvelous and impeccable. Lots of lovely official promotional images, definitely including ones recently shared on this thread. The people behind Sunshine have also done a great job of getting the fans involved with things like subgroup creation, and group names. This is a very nice way to get fans to feel emotionally invested in the overall project, and want it to succeed.

And while Sunshine's seiyu cast are newbies, I certainly have to tip my cap to their energy and enthusiasm. What Nork showed of them replicating the frog jump was great to see.

I'm still looking forward to Sunshine, and I'll probably like it. I kinda wish they had made a couple different creative choices to make Sunshine feel more distinct from the original Love Live, but I still see sure signs of a labor of love here. That's one similarity between Sunshine and the original Love Live that I'm glad to see, and it probably means that Sunshine will be a success.
Old 2016-02-02, 23:14   Link #75
Nork22

Well as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Although I stress that the characters are different enough to muse that you don't feel too much of a rehash. Well except Chika cause you need a genki girl to be the leader. Thankfully Chika is the only genki girl in the group, whereas muse had Honoka and Rin.
Old 2016-02-02, 23:54   Link #76
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Well except Chika cause you need a genki girl to be the leader.
I disagree, a genki leader is not necessary for an idol group. Wake Up, Girls didn't have a genki leader. Neither of the two lead characters of AKB0048 were genki either.

I understand that being genki is a good attribute for a leader, but that doesn't mean that Honoka's personality is the absolute gold standard for leader material that Sunshine's leader must absolutely follow. Even if it is a necessity that Aqours's leader be a genki girl, there are several different shades of genki personalities that could be used without having to resort to cloning Honoka. Haruka from iM@S is an example of a genki leader who has a distinctly different feel from Honoka. Heck, even Kanan from Sunshine seems genki in her own special way which looks far more unique than Chika.

Honoka's crazy hyperactiveness, ditzyness and tendency to overreact to things was fun and had its own charm. And I won't disagree that it gave parts of the anime a strong feel of energy and progression. However, seeing Chika in the PV act 99% just like Honoka made me very uncomfortable, it felt like Sunrise/Lantis just gave up for her character and reckoned that cloning Honoka's disposition was "good enough". If that's really the case, I don't like it, because it would severely cheapen the feel of Sunshine especially if Chika gets as much screentime as Honoka did.

Of course, this is all speculation and Chika could in the end turn out to have her own personality traits that set her apart from Honoka, but from what I've seen in the PV and promotional material so far I'm not optimistic at the moment.
Old 2016-02-03, 01:35   Link #77
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'll never understand why people think that a show, not to mention one that they haven't seen a single episode yet, is worse than another one just because they are similar. As long as the elements work for that particular show then it's perfectly fine to use them.
Some people are hyped/excited for it, I am cautious that's all as an attempt to balance my own expectations.
MAL
Old 2016-02-03, 01:58   Link #78
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Some level of similarity I'm cool with, and would in fact want, but going with the "endangered school" plot point again really does seem a bit much to me...
Wait what... we are getting this school-facing-closure thing again? That's ridiculous.

Not expecting much from Sunshine, but oh well, it can only overperform if I have no expectations, right?
Old 2016-02-03, 03:18   Link #79
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Well as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Although I stress that the characters are different enough to muse that you don't feel too much of a rehash. Well except Chika cause you need a genki girl to be the leader. Thankfully Chika is the only genki girl in the group, whereas muse had Honoka and Rin.
Why don't you think Watanabe You is a genki girl? She so far seems like a genki girl to me.

I should add here that this is a positive for me. I like genki girls.
Old 2016-02-03, 06:28   Link #80
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I disagree, a genki leader is not necessary for an idol group. Wake Up, Girls didn't have a genki leader. Neither of the two lead characters of AKB0048 were genki either.
Wake Up, Girls is the antithesis of idol anime, while AKB0048 I would argue is not an idol anime. It's far closer to a Macross anime because it's essentially Shoji Kawamori's pet project before Macross Delta.

Also with Kanan, despite some images of her, she is so not a "genki girl". She's like your reliable laid back big sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Why don't you think Watanabe You is a genki girl? She so far seems like a genki girl to me.
Well you could see her as a genki girl because she is good at sports, but I sort of place her as more of a level headed girl, who can be mischievous, gets embarrassed about being an idol and aims to be a ship captain one day. Sorta like Umi but without the extreme reactions.

For those really interested, their introduction's been translated so if you have 25 minutes to spare, have a listen and a laugh.
Closed Thread

Tags
idol