1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-02, 00:52   Link #61
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
And you know sometimes in real life some people without any experience of any romantic relationship are just as clueless, worse when you're suddenly dealing with two girls. Like being thrown into the deep end of the pool and you don't know how to swim. Looking at Shiroe's background being socially reclusive and spending hours playing an MMORPG, I can think of a few instances of my own life that can relate.
shiroe not completly clueless, since he know the guy from the other guild being the womanizer and himself had a crush in the past and after all that months of flirthing with akatsuki i dont see he "clueless" or all the things who he did with akatsuki(dance, walking around and some 2 alone chats) was for nothing.

he doing too much for a recluse with no social life, i dont fall for bad writes or poor excuses, i really dont fall for excuses to a anime mc being a "anime mc", this goes to the old "the guy is dense" the guy never see a girl before, the guy have a sick who is triggerd by girls, the guy had a trauma with girls, the guy was a no-life or the guy is a mega ultra shy (the most common otaku excuses for bad mcs).
Old 2014-03-02, 00:57   Link #62
velvet nightmare

a jailbait that is unaware they are jailbaiting

seriously..... or is this a japan thing to idolize teacher/sensei figures
Old 2014-03-02, 01:02   Link #63
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this episode is executed perfectly!

Henrietta would be a formidable onee-san for Shiroe's harem but it seems won't happen
the fight between Legal Loli and True Loli has begun...
poor Shiroe... it's funny yet painful to see a fatty version of him (reminded me with Metal Slug games)

I died several times due to Akatsuki's cuteness...
just expected... casual clothes suited Akatsuki, Minori, and Shiroe very much

Spoiler for y u no animate this:
Old 2014-03-02, 02:16   Link #64
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

If GTO indicated anything, people likes those characters acting like a big brother or big sister, in a "those parents/big siblings/teachers I wished to have".
Old 2014-03-02, 02:33   Link #65
J4n1

In Shiroes defense.
It's hard to tell when Akatsuki is doing the Master/Ninja roleplay (and also hard to tell how much of that is roleplay and how much her crush acting up).
And Minori is a child, most people would not expect a child to fall in love with them.

If anything, i am annoyed with Minori for dragging Shiroe into that situation.
Old 2014-03-02, 02:41   Link #66
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

I was expecting negative reactions on the episode from some sections of the anime fandom and I was not disappointed. Comments like romance=lame, no action=trash, love triangles=old, Laid back episode=FILLER! and Minori=evil lil' b*tch I hate to death cuz she's getting in the way of the AkatsukixShiroe or HenriettaxShiroe ships are rife in various forums and message boards.

I'm too tired to even comment on them. I'm too busy facepalming on my monitor right now........
Old 2014-03-02, 02:59   Link #67
JamJackEvo

That love triangle is reminding me too much of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. You know, Demon Lord and Female Knight vying for Hero's love and all that.

The author must like using that trope...
Old 2014-03-02, 03:01   Link #68
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I dunno, I always thought that Minori's crush is mostly a girly crush you'd expect from a MIDDLE SCHOOLER. Those are not exactly the most discerning people. As for Akatsuki, she is at disadvantage for playing the ninja act so long that it's hard for Shiroe to take the hint. It doesn't help that Shiroe is a socially awkward nerd both irl and in game.
Old 2014-03-02, 03:06   Link #69
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I like that one guy at the cake buffet said "I hope his glasses break".

I think Akatsuki was adorable(again).
Old 2014-03-02, 03:25   Link #70
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

First episode where "anime adaptation lightning pace" syndrome hit this anime. It's episode like this that make you really appreciate those pause caused by the monologue between dialogue.
Old 2014-03-02, 04:41   Link #71
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I dunno, I always thought that Minori's crush is mostly a girly crush you'd expect from a MIDDLE SCHOOLER. Those are not exactly the most discerning people. As for Akatsuki, she is at disadvantage for playing the ninja act so long that it's hard for Shiroe to take the hint. It doesn't help that Shiroe is a socially awkward nerd both irl and in game.
Yeah, can't really fault Shiroe on this one, at least not much.
Welp, worst part over, next episode should start ramping things up again.
Old 2014-03-02, 05:03   Link #72
hamazura
whatever

hufh... sao romance again? pls no -_-
naotsugu-marielle is good, but this children teenagers romance is just...
Old 2014-03-02, 05:14   Link #73
magnuskn

Well, I'm all Camp Akatsuki, so I hope she can make something of it. She has this problem of not going far enough.
Old 2014-03-02, 05:46   Link #74
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Akatsuki's ninja act is her weakest spot. She is also socially inept imo. You can't really date some one who is constantly calling you "My Lord" and doesn't give you any private space. Minori is more "normal". He just has to wait 3 years to do anything. In 3 years, she'll be a taller babe if they grow in ET.

Actually, I root for Kanami to come back and show everyone how it's done. Henrietta has issues also.

Just because she was a big help does not mean he has to date her.
Old 2014-03-02, 05:56   Link #75
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Wut is this? Legal Loli vs True Loli vs Office Lady?
Old 2014-03-02, 07:14   Link #76
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I'm all Camp Akatsuki, so I hope she can make something of it. She has this problem of not going far enough.
Well, if i had to pick sides, i would be camp [REDACTED]*, because not only does she make it very clear that she wants him (though i admit she left it rather vague on why she wants him), and made it bloody clear that she was coming on to Shiroe.

If Minori and Akatsuki were leaving anonymous love letters in a shoebox (to loan a high school romance cliche), [REDACTED]** would be writing "Shiroe, let's make out!" in the sky with her signature on it.

* has not yet been named in the anime
** has still not been named in the anime
Old 2014-03-02, 08:40   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
hufh... sao romance again? pls no -_-
naotsugu-marielle is good, but this children teenagers romance is just...
This makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 2014-03-02, 09:26   Link #78
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
In Shiroes defense.
It's hard to tell when Akatsuki is doing the Master/Ninja roleplay (and also hard to tell how much of that is roleplay and how much her crush acting up).
And Minori is a child, most people would not expect a child to fall in love with them.

If anything, i am annoyed with Minori for dragging Shiroe into that situation.
and as a dult is shiroes responsability to fix the situation not just like someone told act like nothing is happen we have a 14 years old girl he is a 20 years old guy, again being a awkward not is a valid shield once he show hints who he actually know how to deal with "girls", awkward peoples are not all that gentleman or "nice" as him, awkward do not take the initiative like he does sometimes or keep flirthing as he does and are more "embarrassed not acting cool all the times, this is "bad write" when plot call shiroe is a gentleman, lover but to make sure he can't true "answer a girl" cuz he is a nerd awkward, too much contradiction for me to believe, like in many cases this is just the way to make "otakus" feel loved by girls since in real life the chance of "that things" happen(in the way their want) is near 0.
Old 2014-03-02, 09:33   Link #79
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
and as a dult is shiroes responsability to fix the situation not just like someone told act like nothing is happen we have a 14 years old girl he is a 20 years old guy, again being a awkward not is a valid shield once he show hints who he actually know how to deal with "girls", awkward peoples are not all that gentleman or "nice" as him, awkward do not take the initiative like he does sometimes or keep flirthing as he does and are more "embarrassed not acting cool all the times, this is "bad write" when plot call shiroe is a gentleman, lover but to make sure he can't true "answer a girl" cuz he is a nerd awkward, too much contradiction for me to believe.
Has he ever actually flirted with Minori?
Not that i can remember.
And he treats Akatsuki like an equal, instead of as a child.
But i don't think he actually flirts.

He is well mannered, thoughtful and does not make social blunders like lot of protagonists do (because he is not a hotheaded kid like many protagonists are), but i don't really see him as someone who has shown any actual skill in social situations outside of scheming and political manipulation.
Old 2014-03-02, 09:44   Link #80
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
a jailbait that is unaware they are jailbaiting

I fail to see any jailbait here.
Closed Thread