AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-28, 16:07   Link #41
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Kingdoms of Ruin. A Gentle Death

Quite a mess the third episode delivered.

So much characters introduced and so many threads stirring around that I do not know what to make of this show's pacing.

In a nutshell not only humans are demonic by nature but human science is demonic as well since the magic-suppression device emits deadly particles that can kill humans at a cellular level as well as the fruits of human science allow for that world to be polluted to unsustainable levels.

So, witches were not only sort of peacekeepers for the world and custodians of the knowledge of magic but also virtuous healers of mother nature.

This is ridiculous the one-dimensional morality and lack of layered characters.

I guess since Adonis' body turned out to be a fake by the investigation team, then that means the plot will be primarily focusing on him.

Anyways, the first act is over, and the disaster-fest is moving on to the next one.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-28, 16:23   Link #42
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly I'm not sure why it would be Doroka. Not like he seemed to care all that much about her death. At least not enough to refrain from throw verbal dirt in the face of her friend. Not even sure how that would be effective in bringing back Doroka. He knew next to nothing about that girl. Reviving her based on a single encounter should only do so much.

Though I do think it had to be intentional. Seems like the jerk thing to do to waste everyone's time by not reviving Chloe. If I wanted to be nice could say he did it because Chloe wouldn't want to be brought back to be used like this. Honestly, I'm not even really all that sure about why. But it seems like the only realistic option. Even an idiot like him couldn't screw up on what memories he was cramming into that sphere.

Also I love him being a jerk about the possible war strategy of the witches when his strategy...was that he didn't have one. Just march straight into the capital and waste energy attacking everything that could move around him.
My guess it will be Doroka with Chloes memories or something like it. Apparently, she is the Witch of Love so she ether charmed the MC or he found her powers useful.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-30, 07:31   Link #43
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 06:08.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-03, 13:36   Link #44
EroKing

This show is funny for all the wrong reasons. How many times more will the main characters die?
Old 2023-11-03, 18:30   Link #45
grecefar

Well I didn't expect that, but I understand adonis reasoning.

For the looks of it, adonis won and used yamato to give fake report of their win.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 20:41   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Kingdoms of Ruin. The Nation of Witches

So we are fed more tomfoolery at how virtuous the Nations of Witches is in contrast to the barbaric nature of the entire human race, because of humans abusing and getting blinded by scientific knowledge.

Ultimately, from the tidbit of info that the deceased Doroka relayed to MC Adonis, and him spending his childhood days in Chloe's company, Adonis managed to deduce that the Witches are slowly dying out.

They needed to defend themselves so the viable option at short-term was to copy-paste Chloe's method, but the twist is that they kidnap humans for slaves and teach the children magic-writing, summon style to fight for them; talk about Witches all being selfless, nonetheless, a smoke of delusion.

There would be some to counter-argue that the Witches were being driven into a corner due to extinction and annihilation. That's true, but putting myself on MC's shoes I would counter that Witches had all magical resources to turn the human nations into dust and smithereens and subjugate the human race whenever they wished so.
I mean they were all able to create a city-state on the moon's surface out of humanity's reach, hence, how come they did not strike back if they gathered with the members all have currently?

Obviously, I take into account that only Chloe can create the quills, so I guess their plan after having Chloe resurrected by Adonis is to mass produce the quills, but it takes years for their human children slaves to actually getting proficient at the magic Chloé taught Adonis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
My guess it will be Doroka with Chloes memories or something like it. Apparently, she is the Witch of Love so she ether charmed the MC or he found her powers useful.
It was most likey the latter, because Adonis has only his heart set for Chloé, and like her he cannot withstand living in the world alone.

Moreover, the MC made it clear he's taking no allies even amongst the witches themselves.

I guess resurrecting Doroka possessing Chloes' memories or even her persoanlity traits was either deliberate to throw a wrench into Ophelias' plan, a miscalculation which I doubt, or him taking advantage of the witches's desperate plight.
Old 2023-11-04, 21:14   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

A slaughter damn near every ep. I supposed it's somewhat amusing in the blood-fest sort of way.
Old 2023-11-05, 05:45   Link #48
Lex79

I was thinking that maybe they would bring back Chloe when Adonis finished with his revenge and created a world where she could live happily, but it seems like there is no more a tree to have her reborn. Unless they find another at the end of the story...
With leaves Doroka as the main heroine candidate, and maybe love interest in the future.
Now I guess we'll go back to Adonis exterminating humanity for revenge.
Old 2023-11-05, 22:51   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm actually kinda impressed how little this anime makes me care about its characters

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 15:16   Link #50
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was thinking that maybe they would bring back Chloe when Adonis finished with his revenge and created a world where she could live happily, but it seems like there is no more a tree to have her reborn. Unless they find another at the end of the story...
With leaves Doroka as the main heroine candidate, and maybe love interest in the future.
Now I guess we'll go back to Adonis exterminating humanity for revenge.
Couldn't he just, I dunno, magically whip up a new tree? I just blazed through the last 3 episodes, but how I understood it was that with his pen, he can magically create anything, if its tangible to create.

Tob be honest, it kinda felt over-the-top for all the witches to be killed by the enemy teleporting to their location. Not sure what Adonis intended bringing them there.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-07, 01:16   Link #51
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm jumping off this bandwagon; I do not feel the slightest sliver of sympathy for either the MC or the world the story takes place.

Last Sunday I binged from chapters 10 to 38 of the manga and without spoiling pretty much the anime is going to get messed-up nastier and nastier.

This is in short a war between a sociopathic kid with mass-murderous tendencies against a world ruled by psychopaths whom see no value at all in life.

For those who want to stay with this show longer and without spoiling just keep an eye on the empress character.
Old 2023-11-07, 03:51   Link #52
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Couldn't he just, I dunno, magically whip up a new tree? I just blazed through the last 3 episodes, but how I understood it was that with his pen, he can magically create anything, if its tangible to create.

Tob be honest, it kinda felt over-the-top for all the witches to be killed by the enemy teleporting to their location. Not sure what Adonis intended bringing them there.
I honestly have no idea, I'm not sure what are the rules and limits of his power, but I don't think he's that powerful. For now, at least.
Old 2023-11-10, 18:41   Link #53
grecefar

I guess this is it for me, I really hate characters like doroka in this kind of setting when that stupid naive talk won't fly and I'm pretty sure that the queen's reason to kill all the witches will be amazing and insanely stupid.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-10, 20:08   Link #54
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And I will continue watching it because it is amazingly stupid and bloody. Ousama game was the same, but it was way more stupid and way less entertaining, so I dropped it after the ep. 10. This one I may finish.

Also, pretty funny that the manga is from the same magazine as Mahotsukai no Yome.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-11-11 at 04:58.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-11, 01:58   Link #55
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well its likely that the queen and Doroka have some kind of connection; having the same spell and all. It was obvious that the queen was a witch, which the author could have obfuscated, but stupidly decided to give her a f'king face cloth to make her obviously suspicious.

Can't say I cared too much about Adonis's behavior killing defenseless soldiers, then begging Doroka to come just so he could use her abilities. The killing is fine, but its the way he was acting like some spoiled brat that was off-putting. If his behavior is gonna be more spoiled brat and less anger+hate, I see myself jumping off this bandwagon.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-11, 05:03   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

God, I want to drop it because it is so painfully hideous to watch, but I also kinda want to watch it because it is so unbelievably terrible

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-11-12, 04:02   Link #57
Lex79

We already know the trick, there is no need to end every episode with a cliffhanger.
Old 2023-11-12, 08:49   Link #58
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I'm jumping off this bandwagon; I do not feel the slightest sliver of sympathy for either the MC or the world the story takes place.

Last Sunday I binged from chapters 10 to 38 of the manga and without spoiling pretty much the anime is going to get messed-up nastier and nastier.

This is in short a war between a sociopathic kid with mass-murderous tendencies against a world ruled by psychopaths whom see no value at all in life.

For those who want to stay with this show longer and without spoiling just keep an eye on the empress character.
I checked out the mangaka's latest series, Kokusan Shoujo Clarisse, and I'm convinced Yoruhashi has made edgy bombastic violence a hallmark of their works, just like Kingdom of Ruin. https://comic-days.com/episode/316190247029191680

Basically AI that looks like a cute little girl goes crazy at being unable to care for humans per her directives, starts killing everyone in consequence.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-18, 04:36   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, it took them 7 episodes, but they finally had an episode that didn't revolve around massacring people and there were actually characters with good in their heart

Old 2023-11-20, 03:46   Link #60
Lex79

This week we got some punk bikers that seemed to be taken straight from Hokuto no Ken but turned out to be good guys.
I guess there were only two ways to justify Doroka sticking with Adonis by her own will, Stockholm syndrome or making her so caring and pure hearted that she wants to save him from himself. Author chose the latter, so we aren't getting the story of a couple of broken individuals in their quest to extinguish humanity.
Adonis also went from "you're a convenient tool so I'm taking you with me and your opinion doesn't matter " to " I want you to find happiness so I'm playing the bad boy to make you leave me, also at least one of us has to act a bit tsundere". Still, even if the two are apparently on better terms there is still that little hurdle that Doroka doesn't want people to suffer and Adonis doesn't want people to survive to overcome. Maybe in the end they'll simply put all the blame on the queen witch so killing her would be enough for revenge.