5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-23, 07:24   Link #41
Tenzen12

Well, well. I wonder who would be that one proud of Hayate. So I guess one of reasons Arad decide recruit Hayate is because he knew his father.

Pineapple salad/cake intensifying...
Old 2016-05-23, 07:37   Link #42
Annorax

Apple seems to play a big role here, and you cant spell pineAPPLE without apple.
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 07:38   Link #43
Tenzen12

That Apple is lie!
Old 2016-05-23, 08:17   Link #44
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, well. I wonder who would be that one proud of Hayate. So I guess one of reasons Arad decide recruit Hayate is because he knew his father.

Pineapple salad/cake intensifying...
The actual translation of the line is apparently "he really resemble that person" going by 4chan, gg took liberties.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 08:17   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

Well as said Windermere's reasoning for this war is flimsy. Bogue is basically spouting imperialism but he doesn't realize it. The twins really think things would've been better if Earthers didn't come. Cassim wants revenge for a war that they started in the first place.

A race of children who doesn't have a concept of responsibility.

I'm starting to think like Humans with Fold Receptor Factor being able to power and regenerate Protoculture bio weapons Windermereans have their own niche. Most Human Fold Receptors are just transmitters with rare case as of also receivers. Sara and Mao can sense hostility perceiving them as Kadun. Ranka, Sheryl who have access to Vajra fold wave frequency and Alto who has Fold Quartz can sense Vajra emotions. Windermereans with their Runes are both receivers and transmitters. The Protodevlin were just Fold Wave/Spiritia receivers till they learned from Basara how to transmit themselves. This is why both Keith and Bogue were in pain hearing Freyja's song. With their Runes they can sense hostility. Heinz can mind control Var infected people through his negative emotion Song Energy on the other hand Freyja's positive emotion Song Energy can make her in sync with Hayate who has Fold Quartz in his person and machine.

What I am saying Windermereans are like Marduk Emulators which is probably the reason Roid believes Windermereans are heirs of the Protoculture not realizing they were created as possible weapons by the Protoculture.

The Anima Spiritia weren't discovered until it was pretty much too late for the Protoculture as a race. The Protodevlin were feeding on negative emotion Spiritia and they realized what they needed was positive Spiritia.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 09:25   Link #46
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

"We are NOT the UN Spacy!" I abso-fucking love Roid! <3<3<3

Not much plot this episode, but lots of action. Not as flashy this time since Messer is injured/half-infected, but Hayate really did school Bogue. I love him repeatedly shouting uragiri-mono, but I can't lie, him being put down with that pompous attitude made me glad. (part of the reason is because if Roid is to Britai, Bogue is to Kamujin XD)

As for what little plot, it looks like Mikumo/Arad seems to know more about Freyja/Hayate than they respectively let on. And is that Messer being relieved of duty? Can't say I'm surprised, but him overcoming the VAR himself may be the key to fighting the syndrome in the future.

For once, I think Suzuki outdid Junna in singing. Sure we only heard Mikumo for a fraction of the time, but I really do think slower songs fit Suzuki much better (while Junna fits faster paced pop songs). I can't wait for Suzuki singing Do You Remember Love.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 09:26   Link #47
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The actual translation of the line is apparently "he really resemble that person" going by 4chan, gg took liberties.
I bet they heard something like "yoku mite yagaru ze" instead.

I did think it was funny, and yeah, Japanese fans all concur that it was "yoku nite yagaru ze"「よく似てやがるぜ、あの人に」, which is basically "He really resembles that person," as you pointed out.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 09:30   Link #48
magnuskn

Hm, so to whom was Keith referring when he said "He would be proud of you", re: Hayate? Seems there is more of a backstory there than what we had been led to believe.

Same goes for Mikumo re: Freyja. "Princess", huh?

Mirage really, really needs some more character development.

All in all, great episode. But I am coming to the conclusion that the show is not as good as Frontier was at this point.
Old 2016-05-23, 10:20   Link #49
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Mirage seriously needs to have better character development. Eight episodes into the gig and she has done pratically nothing save for beating on Hayate, create a belligerant sexual tension that has yet to be explored and yelling out HAYATE!FREJYA! during times of crisis. I was expecting Mirage to drop a Zentran MMA on prettyboy #2 but soon realized I was expecting too much.

No one can claim pride for Mirage's performance in the past eight episodes. I know she has burdens, but I think someone in the production team is milking it for all its worth, as if they are enjoying it. (like they did with Sheryl)

That, and echoing my earlier posts, the Wind has yet, aside coolplanes & bling!, present anything likable. They are immature, jump into conclusions, and biting something they cannot swallow. I really want their collective asses to be handed to them, ASAP!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 10:21   Link #50
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hm, so to whom was Keith referring when he said "He would be proud of you", re: Hayate? Seems there is more of a backstory there than what we had been led to believe.
We were talking about that a few posts above. That's not what is said in Japanese, he just says that he really resemble that person.

And it wasn't Keith, but Arad who said that.

Quote:
Mirage reacted to Freyja's fold wave (going all Freyja?) in this episode right after the Walkures reacted to it and before everyone else with rune/fold crystals did.

it wouldn't surprise me, going by Giraffe Blues lyrics (based on the sub which might be 50% accurate, but dammit it literally talks about mirage -the real thing, not the character-) plus the exchange between Chuck and Arad in episode 3, that Mirage used to feel the wind (fold waves really) but something bad happened and she lost it and haven't been able to get it back.

Quote:
All in all, great episode. But I am coming to the conclusion that the show is not as good as Frontier was at this point.
By that point, Frontier was a romance slice-of-life show with stolen underware, music and a bit of valkyries actions.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 10:41   Link #51
Tenzen12

I don't really think Mirage need more character development at moment. She still has some issues but nothing that can,'t be lived with. What she need is simply more screen time to show character she already have especially regarding her newly established friendship/partnership with Hayate.

Freya in other hand need to clear stance to whole situation, instead of neverending weavering.
Old 2016-05-23, 10:51   Link #52
Darthtabby

Quote:

Same goes for Mikumo re: Freyja. "Princess", huh?

One could argue that the series overall isn't as good, but this episode is way better than the travesty that was Episode 8 of Frontier.

As for Mikumo referring to Freyja as a princess, she might have meant it metaphorically.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 11:12   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Mikumo didn't say "good morning, princess." The translator made that up.

She said something like "You finally awaken."

I don't know why they changed it. Those are important lines and taking these liberties with the translation will definitely confuse some viewers.
Old 2016-05-23, 12:35   Link #54
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
We were talking about that a few posts above. That's not what is said in Japanese, he just says that he really resemble that person.

And it wasn't Keith, but Arad who said that.
But resemble who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Mikumo didn't say "good morning, princess." The translator made that up.

She said something like "You finally awaken."

I don't know why they changed it. Those are important lines and taking these liberties with the translation will definitely confuse some viewers.
Oh, well. Anyway, gg likes to mess with people every once in a while. It was the same way with their work on Frontier.
Old 2016-05-23, 12:37   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
I wonder if this means Hayate can cure the VAR through his dance.
You mean like this...
Spoiler:
...but with a Valkyrie? That would be.........interesting .
Old 2016-05-23, 13:04   Link #56
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You mean like this...
Spoiler:
...but with a Valkyrie? That would be.........interesting .
Here is a million dollar question: Does it work on guys? Other than Bobby, of course.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-05-23, 13:37   Link #57
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
this episode is way better than the travesty that was Episode 8 of Frontier.
What, you didn't like weird character caricatures and Sheryl's pantsu trying to join the Sora no Otoshimono ED?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 13:50   Link #58
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Mirage's Zentradiness failed me this episode.
She only got the worst genes from her dual ancestry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Lloyd says that he wanted Walkure captured alive, but I wouldn't be chalking his motives up to altruism just yet. Seeing his reaction to seeing the ruins resonate with the song makes me think that he's either thinking that Walkure can be used to replace Heinz, or that some other idea of his, such as networking all of the Brisingr ruins together, might work. The latter would, of course, be a giant callback to the Big Bad Plan from Frontier.
I think that more than the Windermere's Empire and the Brisingr cluster's independence what Roid truly wants is to prove that his theories about the Windermerians being the definitive creation of the Protoculture is true.

Therefore Roid has reasons to let Freyja live and developing her skills with the Walkure, because that's yet another experiment that can provide the results he's looking for, with a different methodology that he can't handle himself.

For instance in this episode Freyja, a windermerian, proved to be able to resonate with the protoculture ruins which, in the episode before, Roid claimed were the key to prove whether his theories are right or wrong.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 14:04   Link #59
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Sora no Otoshimono ED?
Someone needs to remind me what is so appealing about that anime.

- Tak

Old 2016-05-23, 14:22   Link #60
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Really good episode for Freyja.

She was a bit shell-shocked by the words and actions of the Aerial Knights, but I think she handled herself very well overall. It's pretty clear she doesn't like the food grown by her people being used for war, and I like that she stated that passionately to the Aerial Knights. Even Herman Cross had to admit she had a point.

Freyja's singing and heroism both came across beautifully in this episode. It was good to see her and Hayate make a very effective team again.

Messer also had some very good scenes, and he came across as an excellent soldier with a compelling personal history.

I like how Roid's words and actions hint at a greater plan than military conquest alone. I agree with what Jan-Poo wrote about that.

On the whole, a highly satisfying Episode 8.