5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 12.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 15.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-02, 22:58   Link #41
GDB

If only there were a subforum where those who want to complain that the anime isn't 1:1 adapting the novels could go. A place with a thread, specifically dedicated to the season.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 23:16   Link #42
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If only there were a subforum where those who want to complain that the anime isn't 1:1 adapting the novels could go. A place with a thread, specifically dedicated to the season.
Actually majority of the complain on this episode is that it's too rushed, which is true. Not the plot, the plot itself is fine but the fact the anime didn't explain a thing. The Gleipnir for one, it just suddenly appeared without any explanation. Origins aside, anime fans won't know what it does or its purpose.
Same for Bilingual, it just suddenly happened that anime fans might not even know what happen. Is the one Ise using a complete version? Or is it just an initial stage?
Plus they didn't even bother to show the status of Baraqiel and Akeno's relationship, instead just here's a bento which is like, have they reconciled? Are they still in cold war? Will they get along a bit better now? Are their issues all solve?
Change and arranging of order is okay, they can even skip scenes too, i'm okay with all those in fact i've been in strong support of this season, but going on without a single explanation isn't good. Even a brief explanation would be better than none.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 23:42   Link #43
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Actually majority of the complain on this episode is that it's too rushed, which is true. Not the plot, the plot itself is fine but the fact the anime didn't explain a thing. The Gleipnir for one, it just suddenly appeared without any explanation. Origins aside, anime fans won't know what it does or its purpose.
Same for Bilingual, it just suddenly happened that anime fans might not even know what happen. Is the one Ise using a complete version? Or is it just an initial stage?
Plus they didn't even bother to show the status of Baraqiel and Akeno's relationship, instead just here's a bento which is like, have they reconciled? Are they still in cold war? Will they get along a bit better now? Are their issues all solve?
Change and arranging of order is okay, they can even skip scenes too, i'm okay with all those in fact i've been in strong support of this season, but going on without a single explanation isn't good. Even a minor explanation would be better than none.
Agreed changeling things is fine adding filler is fine skipping scenes is fine the problem is they've done a bad job of it making scenes loss impact and rushing some scenes cuz they added to much filler the lack of explanation really make lots of stuff loss impact those are some of the reasons most people are annoyed so I really wish people would shop talking about stuff like that all our complaints are because it not a 1:1 of the novel and for people saying were a minority it's our option if we don't like something we can post about it and half the people here rated it 6 or below that not a minority at all and one last thing we don't complain because were trying to find something to complain about we do it because there is stuff to complain if we dislike something we post about it.
Old 2015-05-03, 00:01   Link #44
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's a thread in the novel sub-forum that's sadly underused: High School DxD - Weekly Anime Episode-to-Novel Comparison Thread [Spoilers Aplenty]

And I would HIGHLY SUGGEST that all this discussion move there.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 00:08   Link #45
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
There's a thread in the novel sub-forum that's sadly underused: High School DxD - Weekly Anime Episode-to-Novel Comparison Thread [Spoilers Aplenty]

And I would HIGHLY SUGGEST that all this discussion move there.
But then we will only have like four posts left but yes we really should use it more.
Old 2015-05-03, 00:13   Link #46
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

You can discuss the story as the anime presents it here, and then go deconstruct it in the other thread.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 00:29   Link #47
ImperialFlameGod8190

How the anime has presented itself to me if you ignore the source material (I will try) is still rather poor. If you look at the episodes without the material you get similar issues. It seems like they're trying to stuff 4 different events at once but not handling them properly. 1. Loki having issues with the way Odin is getting involved with others. 2. The gathering of the underworld and all that comes with that. 3. Growth of Rias and the gremory gang as inviduals. 4. The Vali situation and how he's involved in it.

You look at Kuroka and bikou and you think okay why would they do that. Issei and his big Balance breaker reveal and then he proceeds to get curbstomped thats not a smart look. To me the fact is that i have absolutely no idea why sirzechs sent Rias and gang to fight Loki it was akin to sending lambs to be slaughtered and wat happened was obvious. You have your DxD fanservice and all that entails. But even if you look at it without knowing Whats happening you can tell something doesnt feel right.

By the way cause i dont wanna get banned again. If we discuss materials in the LN that were taken out of the anime from that stuff do we still need spoiler tags.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 00:31   Link #48
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
Except that won't happen. The reason why this season has 3 volumes instead of 2, is because they are setting up the events of season 4. And since Vol.8 is a side story volume, it makes sense since 9&10 lead into each other. Vol 7 is sort of stand alone on how it ends.
But what will happen if other seasons past the 4 were made? Does that means that some book will have to undergo this so other arcs get better treatment.

Im just saying that, if its going to be chopped, at least make it in a way that it explains the situations, some minor and major things were handled really bad.
Old 2015-05-03, 00:50   Link #49
ImperialFlameGod8190

DOMus we'll discuss the changes other places agreed

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 03:29   Link #50
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

WTF did I just watch?The plot's been derailed so much it's not even funny.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 04:14   Link #51
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

My thoughts?

Any jackass can say yes to a beautiful woman wanting him for sexual solace.
It takes a real Man to refuse sex to protect her damaged heart and soul.

Well done Issei old boy, you have finally earned my respect.
Old 2015-05-03, 06:06   Link #52
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Damn, I want Loki's ass kicked but he retreated like Mayweather... And I watch this week's episode after that disappointing mega fight!

While Koneko-chan is so cute for sleeping on Issei's lap, I was wondering if Akeno's issue with her father was resolved or it'll be saved for later episodes? It doesn't looked convincing when Akeno-san forgive her father by giving him a bento box!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:13   Link #53
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

even in world of DxD indeed loki is still a "puny god".

yea vali's crew double cross loki to get the wolf & good news issei recover also is WORTHY to lift mjolnir (does it means issei will someday rule asgard?!)

with all that cue loki retreat all done now finisn up vacaction time.

during akeko get time with issei give rias, lucha-koneko, glasses asia, mask-xeno, & bag gasperspy on them to here odin.

all that give akeno got daddy's issues cause happen in past also include akeno's mama bought it.

yet give akeno want issei's "doing" yet cue flashing yet make akeno realize & feel don't want blame daddy so make it up give him a lunch to patch-up.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 00:23   Link #54
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Finally got around to watching the episode. Can't really comment on if the Akeno moment y'all are concerned about was good or not, but as far as Akeno's resolution with Baraqiel goes... well, for us as the audience, you could probably call it a resolution of the subplot. As far as Akeno's concerned, though, I don't think it's a full resolution, but at least a step in that direction. It's not like she spent the day with him and reminisced on their lives. It's not like she's out and out said she's forgiven him for not being there to save Shuri. All she did was give him a bento for his return trip. It's something small, but meaningful in its own way. Just a step forward on the path of reconciliation, if you will. So I guess as far as that's concerned, I'm okay with how it turned out. Time will tell if we'll get more info in the rest of the season, or in extra scenes in the BDs if there are any.
Old 2015-05-04, 03:43   Link #55
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Time will tell if we'll get more info in the rest of the season, or in extra scenes in the BDs if there are any.
It's confirmed that there will be specials like what season 1 did. Sort of leaves me puzzled as to why they chose to do specials, rather than have extended scenes like in season 2 which would really help fill the gaps in the story.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 08:17   Link #56
Biohazardous

Only thing I can call awesome is the Akeno kiss and the Koneko lap scene. I did kind of like him making mjolnir grow though.
Old 2015-05-04, 08:43   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Rising Dragon, I'll be very satisfied if Ishibumi-sensei managed to make a reasonable resolution on Akeno's daddy issues. I wanna see her bury the hatchet convincingly to Baraqiel just before this season ends!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 11:29   Link #58
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Whoa. Issei came a long way since he first came to the club. I can't believe that Akeno takes Issei out on the date. I knew Issei is a good boy. Especially when he refused to have sex with Akeno in her depressed state. Well done.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 01:11   Link #59
ThallIntoSleep

When I saw the scene with Koneko sleeping on Issei's lap, I thought I had downloaded the wrong show. my head almost exploded into a shower of candy and rainbows, but its still just so weird to see her warming up to him after seeing the first couple seasons. the homework and subsequent "boob whisperer" scene did feel kinda forced. seemed like they were trying to finish off several stories at once.
ThallIntoSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 08:15   Link #60
Biohazardous

If you haven't read the novels you should. She is developing her own relationship with him.