AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler-Free Threads (for New Viewers)

Notices

Old 2015-04-19, 10:58   Link #41
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Yeah, without any sort of emotion
Regardless of which one you think is superior, there's emotion in that version too.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 11:42   Link #42
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

A reminder that this is a SPOILER FREE discussion thread for NEW VIEWERS. If you want to talk spoilers, there's a whole section dedicated to that. Please be mindful of this.
Old 2015-04-19, 23:29   Link #43
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh, Berserker remained defiant at the end even in defeat; Illya was definitely in trouble though that defeat came so fast. It just seems like they're all really fucked, and Shirou must have been driven absolutely crazy, being helpless and all and witness to a pretty brutal slaughter, with Mr. asshole over here tossing away lives like that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 14:38   Link #44
Vegard Aune

Episode 16:
Ah, of course. Lancer. I should have guessed he would be the one they went to for help seeing how Berserker is dead, Gilgamesh whose name was finally said out loud is a massive prick allied with another massive prick, and everyone else is on Caster's side or being held captive by her... That said, while Lancer and Archer were fighting I was just like "Please don't cut to credits, please don't cut to credits..." And then they cut to Shirou and Rin talking. Followed by credits. Aww, I wanted to see the rematch between Archer and Lancer in this episode!
Old 2015-04-25, 16:05   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Episode 16:
Ah, of course. Lancer. I should have guessed he would be the one they went to for help seeing how Berserker is dead, Gilgamesh whose name was finally said out loud is a massive prick allied with another massive prick, and everyone else is on Caster's side or being held captive by her... That said, while Lancer and Archer were fighting I was just like "Please don't cut to credits, please don't cut to credits..." And then they cut to Shirou and Rin talking. Followed by credits. Aww, I wanted to see the rematch between Archer and Lancer in this episode!
To be fair it's more like Lancer went to them for help. All the options are pretty meager right now. But even he knows it's better to work with those two than to try and team up with Gilgamesh.

I'm really hoping next week is just insane on the action side of things. I think they've got enough backstory for Caster that we don't really need to spend as much time as they did with Illya. So we can focus on Lancer and Archer, Rin and Caster, and presumably Shirou vs Kuzuki. Definitely want to see all these showdowns going on.

I liked a lot of the moments in this. Rin getting frazzled by Shirou telling Lancer basically to stay away from his girl , the more serious discussion about Shirou's mentality, and talking about how insane it's going to be to take down Gilgamesh. That guy is a monster.
Old 2015-04-25, 19:08   Link #46
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Whoa, is Lancer actually a decent guy? He was really cool this episode. I wonder who his master is. Rin's tsun tsun tendencies were mad cute, too. :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 23:48   Link #47
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I'm not sure I follow the whole mention of the pendant thing at the end...

a part of me still wishes / hopes that archer didn't truly betray Rin...
Old 2015-04-26, 04:50   Link #48
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Shirou mentioned earlier that he had another pendant just like it back home. Rin now explains that that pendant is one of a kind.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 05:48   Link #49
Draco Spirit

AKA she's the one who saved his life.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 10:54   Link #50
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Shirou mentioned earlier that he had another pendant just like it back home. Rin now explains that that pendant is one of a kind.
I was confused about that because I thought archer brought it back, and then shirou gave it back to her later? Thats why i was confused.
Old 2015-04-26, 11:17   Link #51
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I was confused about that because I thought archer brought it back, and then shirou gave it back to her later? Thats why i was confused.
If I remember correctly Rin left one next to Shirou back on the prologue, Archer gave an equal pendant to Rin afterwards (which she assumed was the same and had been recovered) but then Shirou told her that he had one equal to it back home. She is now telling him that the pendant is one of a kind.
Old 2015-04-26, 21:12   Link #52
mergele

1: Give us the conclusion about this damm medalion already!
2: Rin going full-Tsundere mode again, nice.
3: And the opening still sucks. The song goes for a calm, slightly melancholic feeling, which is in contrast with about half of the visuals and almost the entirety of the show.
4: Archer is definetly pulling a covert-ops thing with caster, it's not like he has anything to gain if she wins. (No, don't tell me that he doesn't desire the grail, I don't wanna hear it!)
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 05:17   Link #53
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
1: Give us the conclusion about this damm medalion already!
I'm guessing we'll get the resolution to that mystery soon enough. Rin and Shirou both seem content to leave it be for now being that they need to focus on Caster, but it looks like that situation is reaching its climax now, and I doubt they'll just ignore the medalion once it's over.
Old 2015-05-02, 13:09   Link #54
mergele

Episode 17

(The medaillion vanished again)
Good action scenes. And now I don't have any idea what archer thinks anymore. He pulled the undercover stuff against caster and now he's not going back to Rin but wants to kill Shirou. I want explanations, background, history, anything, please. And why could he also use projection magic, or is this how he always summons his swords? Can I throw the idea that ihe s an ancestor of Sirou and for some reason decided to eradicate his bloodline in the room?
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 13:34   Link #55
Vegard Aune

After so much slow buildup... finally we get the confrontation with Caster! I'm actually sort of surprised that it all wrapped itself up in one episode. Also, wait, if Archer is still no longer Rin's Servant, doesn't that mean that he's kind of fated to die very soon because he no longer has a Master supplying him with mana? Well, I guess he did just claim that the only thing he wants at this point is to kill Shirou, which probably shouldn't take terribly long... Sort of expected him to say that he was fully justified in going after Shirou now because their alliance was only ever going to hold until they could defeat Caster which they have now done though. And... yeah, I guess strictly speaking there's no reason for Rin and Shirou to be on the same side anymore. I mean I reckon they'll stay together anyway but Archer going against that and trying to take out what would now be an easy target... even if he didn't apparently have some sort of personal vendetta against Shirou, I gotta say, this doesn't seem all that out of character for him.

Well, at the end of the day, there is at least one thing I can say for certain. And that is that this episode was awesome.
Old 2015-05-02, 19:03   Link #56
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That was a damn good episode. A lot of advancement in the plot and some sprinkles of good action. I didn't even think of Archer playing the Trojan Horse since it was that convincing. Caster may have been a cunning antagonist, but fuck goddammit, she's beautiful. :P

Spoiler for Archer speculationz:

Last edited by blakstealth; 2015-05-02 at 19:26.
Old 2015-05-02, 19:07   Link #57
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

If someone reach a conclusion of their relation which ends being true, would it be considered as a spoiler? There has been so many hints that may lead to some ideas. If yes, does that means that we should play dumb until its revealed in the anime?
Old 2015-05-02, 19:27   Link #58
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm no mod, but I think it's okay. I'll throw down the spoiler tags just in case, though.
Old 2015-05-02, 19:48   Link #59
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
If yes, does that means that we should play dumb until its revealed in the anime?
Apparently yes, because otherwise we'd be accused of revealing spoilers.
And yes, it was pretty interesting seeing Archer summon swords like Gilgamesh but to a lesser extent.
Old 2015-05-02, 22:27   Link #60
watisit

"You can drop the act" Well said, and that's exactly what he did.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote