4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-10, 13:41   Link #41
The Green One

Wow people are blowing this way out of proportion. From an anime only stand point the episode was fine, it had the important stuff in it and explained it, the only truly important thing it didn't really spell out was the "Genius" part, though it was implied if you're paying attention. It really feels like people just wanted moar Kanami and are upset they didn't get it. In a perfect world we could get a scene by scene line by line transitions but it just doesn't work that way. There's a difference about being disappointed about something and something being ruined.
Old 2015-01-10, 13:48   Link #42
Wandering Soul

Nice introduction episode for Kaname although I am curious to know more about her and the tea party.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:46   Link #43
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm having fun here watching Kanami
looking forward for the moment which Kanami arrived at Japan Server although I'm not sure if it would happens or not

KR didn't sound so villainous and Kanami leads a party consist of 50% NPC, eh?
Gero-nardo is awesome though
Old 2015-01-10, 14:53   Link #44
tsunade666

wow.... they cramped a whole new volume into 1 episode. What are they planning? anime original ending? I hope not. There is only 1 publicly published book left to be animated and I think 11 episode more to go is more than enough for 1 volume.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:59   Link #45
Tenzen12

I can't say it wouldn't be better with more episodes, but I loved what I got and I do think it conveyed all necessary information (Like about Geniuses, Progenitors, Tea party or about Kanami being Kanami) and it was full of energy.

On other note, I am officialy Kanami x Shiroe shipper. Non other girl can realy complement Shiroe (maybe except Henrietta), Hearth and Brain perfect combination for which nothing is impossible. Try even this shrimps
Old 2015-01-10, 15:24   Link #46
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

They've just expanded the world greatly.

What I like most about Log Horizon is how it is like a professionally made fan fiction for a game. What's even more amazing is that elder tale doesn't really exist, and yet the author manages to address all issues you could possibly think of for any similar MMORPG.

Case in point is the newly introduced farming bot. The author could've just glossed over it, explaining, if anybody asks, that elder tale didn't have bots. but instead he chose to address it by introducing a botting program that gained sentience because of the apocalypse. (it's like openkore becoming a human lol) He even included the cover art of the game itself into the story!

Almost all the scenes in this episode introduced new plot points for the series, from the newly constructed train with the 2 npcs in them to the end of the battle with the genius lvl 89 boss. Even leonardo's character almost makes me certain that characters from another franchise may have done a collaboration or an event with elder tale, which explains why somebody from the US server could set up a character based on Teenage Mutant Ninja Frogs Turtles.
Old 2015-01-10, 15:37   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Leonardo turned out to be a lot cooler than I initially imagined, I thought he would have a big dumb shell.

I was really looking forward to the introduction of the Geniuses, oh well have to wait for the book.

Poor Shiroe the tour guide
Old 2015-01-10, 16:32   Link #48
DQueenie13

On top of Leonardo, we've also got this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-10, 16:34   Link #49
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
No thunder thighs tho.
Old 2015-01-10, 16:52   Link #50
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Huh, I didn't get that reference the first time lol, and a cleric? she should've been a monk or something.

and now I think, if this character also appeared in the source material, that the author was just messing around with names and references to popular characters
Old 2015-01-10, 17:06   Link #51
DQueenie13

I don't think Chun-Lu was in the light novel (or stated by name, that is). That was probably the director/character designer's decision, like "Well, we've already got one really obvious one ..."
Old 2015-01-10, 18:29   Link #52
ChampDream
Alive

well that was interesting, but short, I guess it was ok with seeing Kanami, I also find KR summonings interesting and the way he can use it.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:37   Link #53
Somnus
Eh?

You know, without going on this forum after the fact I wouldn't have thought this episode covered the entirety of a novel. I thought it was a helluva lot of fun, and I got any new information out of it just fine.

Also, Kanami is hilariously awesome. Whoever described her as a female Luffy was absolutely right, and I love her for it. Hopefully we'll see her again down the line!

EDIT: Also, her party is crazy cool. And with every new character from the Tea Party introduced, you get more insight into how crazy overpowered they were, ha ha ha. I would love to see a flashback episode of them all in action.

EDIT 2: Just wanted to throw out the fact that it literally took me half the ep to realize the Ninja Kero-nardo idolized was in fact, Leonardo the Ninja Turtle. Which made his all the more amazing. And it's great when they delve in to a "villain" and instead turn him a shade of grey instead (referring to KR).
Old 2015-01-10, 19:10   Link #54
Random14

I find Kanami kind of annoying, honestly, poor Shiroe, being dragged around as her tour guide and having to fulfill her impossible requests. Though I'm not much of a One Piece fan either, but yeah, definitely just like Luffy. But guess it is still fun, which is why her old comrades talk like that about her. Too bad they squeezed in so much, but their battles might upstage every other battle so far.

I liked Leonardo, wasn't expecting him to be the sane man of the group, which sounds somewhat overpowered with the last surviving lore NPC. Too bad there wasn't much time to focus on a bot being trapped in the game too, that sounds interesting. Kind of funny Kanami's group has encountered so much while Shiroe is still in the dark, but then the earlier volumes were partly about setting up a new government and alliances too.

Next week is the newbie group, too bad not more Shiroe but they haven't had much screentime for a while so I guess its fair.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:22   Link #55
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I can't say it wouldn't be better with more episodes, but I loved what I got and I do think it conveyed all necessary information (Like about Geniuses, Progenitors, Tea party or about Kanami being Kanami) and it was full of energy.

On other note, I am officialy Kanami x Shiroe shipper. Non other girl can realy complement Shiroe (maybe except Henrietta), Hearth and Brain perfect combination for which nothing is impossible. Try even this shrimps
Now if only the author would realize this and make it canon. I honestly didn't like the way the episode seemed to be in fast forward mode. Is it too much to ask for two episodes to be focused on Kanami.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:43   Link #56
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Hmm, I wonder if those Geniuses are related to the Parallel One phenomenon? If so, there's a possibility that they can manipulate landers by "possessing" them with monsters (complete with their status being laid over the original).

BTW, any picture of the original, but still infringing version of Leonardo?
Old 2015-01-10, 19:57   Link #57
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Everyone's dual-wielding now, wtf?

Leonardo the assassin, Coppelia the cleric and now KR the summoner(dual staffs wtf?).....swashbucklers be damned.

Shiroe should dual-wield staffs too.
Old 2015-01-10, 22:25   Link #58
Side-streetdog

How volume in 1 episode? what are they thinking?
I thought "Genius monsters" should be more grand opening than this,
Since it kinds seem to be real last boss in this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Everyone's dual-wielding now, wtf?

Leonardo the assassin, Coppelia the cleric and now KR the summoner(dual staffs wtf?).....swashbucklers be damned.

Shiroe should dual-wield staffs too.
I think everyone in Eldertale can use dual weapon, but just has no skill support it like Swashbucklers.

In Kero-nado case, like him says. In game they can't do combo since it has delays now all that was gone so they can use skills more effectively. It's just combo of many skill or use skill in a way that it's not describe like swap skill of KR. It's not even Over skill or Teaching.
Old 2015-01-10, 23:13   Link #59
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
I don't think Chun-Lu was in the light novel (or stated by name, that is). That was probably the director/character designer's decision, like "Well, we've already got one really obvious one ..."
She was, in both the original and the revised.
There really wasn't any description of her looks, so her looking like Chun-Li was new.
Old 2015-01-11, 00:22   Link #60
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

This episode did feel like it was going rather fast, didn't know it would adapt an entire novel's worth though. Wow. A fun/nice ep imo, but could have been a 2 ep parter at least. Would have liked to see more on Coppelia, for being a former bot and all.

Leonardo was a cool guy, and Kanami one of the fun but energy draining people to deal with for a party. Dual staves and shields was awesome too.