AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 5 13.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 8.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 19.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 25.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-19, 18:14   Link #41
Piesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post

What is new for us as viewers is that being criminally asymptomatic isn't a permanent condition and may change. This is confirmed 3 times: 1st when Sakuya who was asymptomatic paints himself black by killing his mother, 2nd when Misako is judged as an individual by the rest of Sibyl and found to be no longer criminally asymptomatic, and 3rd when Sibyl judges itself and finds parts of itself corrupted.
Thanks for the plausible answers to my questions, Casshern and others.

For some reason, I never even thought about the possibility of being criminally asymptomatic as something that wasn't permanent (even though it was right before my eyes as Tougane).
I think I just thought Tougane was different because he was intentionally made as a criminally asymptomatic child.
Old 2014-12-19, 20:03   Link #42
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder what that scene with Yayoi and Mika meant? Is Yayoi onto Mika?
I think Yayoi has some kind of motherly feelings toward Mika especially considering the way and the circumstances in which they met. To put it simply she cares about her.

On the other side Mika's feelings for Yayoi seem to be somewhat stronger. She clearly looks up to her even though she normally distrusts every other enforcer.

This could be simply admiration for a role model rather than a crush though.

There hasn't really been more than that, unless I missed something.

Old 2014-12-20, 02:19   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought that scene was implying that Mika was somehow involved in Mama Akane's death and that she would never forgive herself for it.
Old 2014-12-20, 03:10   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought that scene was implying that Mika was somehow involved in Mama Akane's death and that she would never forgive herself for it.
I think it's pretty clear she's involved. That scene wasn't the first such clue.

As for never forgiving herself... I think maybe the desire to not be caught is predominant.

But what I wonder is - does Yayoi suspect?
Old 2014-12-20, 08:05   Link #45
JiCi

Hmm… hard to say how I feel about this season…

Story
Spoiler for Story:

Characters
Spoiler for Characters:

Ok, I know that the series got novels to back it up. However, if it’s an anime series, then I feel like every single important detail should be explained in it, not in novels. Why? Because the canon elements might be questioned, not to mention that the novels might not interest everyone who followed the series.

I actually liked this Season, but it felt too short and again… some characters didn’t get the backstory they deserved.
Old 2014-12-20, 11:12   Link #46
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear she's involved. That scene wasn't the first such clue.

As for never forgiving herself... I think maybe the desire to not be caught is predominant.

I think that Yayoi does suspect something but can't prove it. Her eyes narrowed at the end of her sentence. You don't want your backup not forgiving you. You could wind up dead secondary to a slower reaction time than normal.

Mika: Yayoi, I need back up.
Yayoi: I coming!
Perp: Hahaha! I will cut your throat!
Mika: Nooooooo! Yayoi, please hurry!
Yayoi: *walking slowly* I'm running as fast as I can!
Perp: *slash*
Mika: *dead*
Yayoi to Akane: I just couldn't make it in time. I'm sorry.
Old 2014-12-20, 18:11   Link #47
Jaden

Wasn't quite the elegant closure I was hoping for.

I wanted people, not Sibyl to be the ones to kill Misako Togane. It was kinda sloppy that the system suddenly decided to go against Misako, after letting her go crazy and not giving a shit for so long. Would've made better sense if the system changed its mind after Misako died. Also would've liked a better explanation of what they mean by assessing people as groups instead of individuals, but I think we might get that in the movie.
Old 2014-12-22, 20:01   Link #48
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Ubukata's Psycho-Pass is a solipsist’s oneiric cosmogony founded upon sempiternal dissolution of its noumenal paradigm, the ultimate sublation within Swedenborgian dereification. He consummates his diegetic mimesis: executing an epicene and orgiastic ricorso of Nietzchean epigonic apotheosis.
Old 2014-12-23, 05:18   Link #49
azurenflugel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Absolutely disappointing. I had at least hoped for Tougane to do something but he ended up being a useless mama's boy whose only purpose in the show is to look evil and grin like a retard. Holy crap and this season started out really promising too.
I agree with you. I was disappointed that it ended that way.
Old 2014-12-23, 06:59   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Ubukata's Psycho-Pass is a solipsist’s oneiric cosmogony founded upon sempiternal dissolution of its noumenal paradigm, the ultimate sublation within Swedenborgian dereification. He consummates his diegetic mimesis: executing an epicene and orgiastic ricorso of Nietzchean epigonic apotheosis.
How long did it take you to think of that one? XP
Old 2014-12-23, 13:49   Link #51
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

If anything good can come from the finale is I hope to god Yayoi suspects Mika. Her eyes did narrow.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2014-12-23, 21:50   Link #52
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Wow these poll results aren't promising. Unfortunately, I'm a completionist. I have faith in Urobuchi for the film, but considering I'll eventually have to go through what's apparently such a disappointment, it's just...why?
GANBARIMASU
Old 2014-12-28, 23:07   Link #53
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Season 1 was structured, well-paced, with an incredibly well presented cast of characters who are just as interesting. This is a story about the cast raising the protagonist (Akane) up to be a strong and independent person, as well as reaffirming her beliefs. Here, the world was supporting her.

Season 2 is a story that focuses around Akane herself. The world is dull, most of the original cast are either dead or missing, and in turn they are replaced with many new faces Akane can't seem to put her heart in, no matter how kind and patient she is. Perhaps the lack of character exposition was even intentional, and the whirlpool they're in this time was pretty frantic. But despite having the world being pit against her now, Akane manages to stay firm with good memories of the past.

All in all, it's not exactly a bad Season to be honest. It was above average. Season 1 just set an incredibly high bar few animes had ever reached, that's all.
Old 2014-12-29, 14:28   Link #54
chi4ko
Astronaut

Surprisingly, the most striking plot hole (to me) is the address of Akane's grandma. So an omnipotent system cannot find grandma's location BUT SOMEHOW Mika knows it even though she's not on friendly terms with Akane to put it mildly?
Old 2014-12-29, 14:55   Link #55
GDB

Pretty sure it was just Tougane who wanted to get his hands on her grandmother, not Sibyl. He wouldn't make his mommy proud if he had to ask her to help him paint Akane black now, would he?
Old 2014-12-29, 15:33   Link #56
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure it was just Tougane who wanted to get his hands on her grandmother, not Sibyl. He wouldn't make his mommy proud if he had to ask her to help him paint Akane black now, would he?
It might be, however, the whole scenario still doesn't make sense. If Mika could find grandma's location why couldn't Tougane? Tougane was much closer to Akane than Mika could ever hope to be.
Old 2015-01-04, 06:19   Link #57
Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that Yayoi does suspect something but can't prove it. Her eyes narrowed at the end of her sentence. You don't want your backup not forgiving you. You could wind up dead secondary to a slower reaction time than normal.

Mika: Yayoi, I need back up.
Yayoi: I coming!
Perp: Hahaha! I will cut your throat!
Mika: Nooooooo! Yayoi, please hurry!
Yayoi: *walking slowly* I'm running as fast as I can!
Perp: *slash*
Mika: *dead*
Yayoi to Akane: I just couldn't make it in time. I'm sorry.
^Lol no kidding.

And then to comfort the grieving Akane, Yayoi invites her back to her place - where Shion is waiting for both of them.

I'm sorry for the above crack idea. I blame my grievances with Cross Ange which I'm about to watch.
Old 2015-01-04, 11:42   Link #58
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
^Lol no kidding.

And then to comfort the grieving Akane, Yayoi invites her back to her place - where Shion is waiting for both of them.

I'm sorry for the above crack idea. I blame my grievances with Cross Ange which I'm about to watch.
But on the way, Yayoi was intercepted by Gino who had first dibs on Akane.
Old 2016-08-28, 14:13   Link #59
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
IMG]http://i2.dealtwith.it/i/n/d6e2caf16a1e8c78396c13a2eb87770a/pass.png[/IMG]
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
... wow

That is... something alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How long did it take you to think of that one? XP
I can only imagine. Probably as long as it took the studio to make the entire psycho pass franchise.