AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-24, 17:59   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My first thought when I saw the prince entering with those big nerd glasses was that they enabled him to see through clothes, since Sei specifically mentioned they used magic to make her face impossible to see through her veil. Sei sensed his gaze on her, too. I'm pretty sure he knows who she is.
Old 2023-10-24, 18:04   Link #42
zeross87

That would make him a massive pervert tho ^^’
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-24, 20:45   Link #43
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So a prince from another country with big glasses and sharp instincts well it dosnt help that people should keep there mouth shut when someone important comes around
Old 2023-10-26, 22:09   Link #44
Decel

So far I like where this is going. This new exchange-prince behaviour feels refreshing. Again, so far.
Old 2023-10-31, 14:12   Link #45
Frontier

Poor Jude has to keep the prince occupied and focused away from Sei so he doesn't find out about her being the Saint...and it's a lot for one dude !

Although admittedly Sei and Ten'yuu get along surprisingly well, chatting about herbs and the like, even if Sei isn't naturally good at keeping secrets. I'm sure her "acquaintance" would agree .

But with the help of her merchant allies she's able to figure out that Ten'yuu and the Zaidera envoys don't care about the Saint, thinking she's only good for fighting monsters, just an alchemist who can make high grade potions. So Sei's secret doesn't really matter, all she needs to do is figure out what the prince really needs !

A study session with Liz that turns into a romantic encounter with Hawke? I love how Liz walks in and is all "ara ara ma ma" and bails to leave Sei and Hawke alone. Perfect wingwoman move .

Hawke talking monsters in his territory I was half-expecting he was going to be dragging her with him to meet his parents. But helping Sei with her plan is nice too .

What a stellar performance by Sei and Hawke to not-so-subtly let the prince know they have the means of making high-grade potions thanks to their "alchemist" friend, with Hawke laying it on thick how much he admires and respects said "alchemist." And leaving Sei swooning by the end of it, as Hawke so often does .

So all this has been about curing Ten'yuu's mother who has a severe case of muscle atrophy? Well, that should be easy enough for Sei to solve .
Old 2023-10-31, 14:19   Link #46
zeross87

this episode in one emoji :

:3
Old 2023-10-31, 18:58   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So all this has been about curing Ten'yuu's mother who has a severe case of muscle atrophy? Well, that should be easy enough for Sei to solve .
I wonder if she's going to come clean now or if she's going to give him the potion and pretend it was made by her "friend".
Old 2023-10-31, 20:41   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Sei getting frazzled when Hawke walks in trying to think of what to call Liz but at less they came up with an interesting idea for the Tenyuu problem
Old 2023-11-01, 19:26   Link #49
Alchemist007
*Author

I wouldn't be shocked if this was still a ruse, albeit less likely now.
Old 2023-11-07, 11:58   Link #50
Frontier

Man, Ten'yuu's mom was a total MILF! Just look at that hair and chest! Ten'yuu may not have been able to go out and have fun with his siblings because of his position, but at least he had his mom. Which just made it all the more difficult for him when his mom got sick and he was powerless to do anything about it .

I'm actually kind of amazed that they were able to convince Ten'yuu that Sei wasn't the "alchemist" and just their go-between...especially when he was already onto them that it might be Sei .

Even if Sei would like to help Ten'yuu, relating to her own forced separation from her mother, she has to come up with something that can cure her specific condition and also clear all the political hoops to give it to him. The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent, but can she make a panacea ?

Sei and Jude are like two peas in a pod when it comes to plants and herbs sometimes .

When Sei is down and needs an emotional pick-me-up, of course Hawke shows up with some Apple Honey to cheer her up! And also unintentionally giving her the exact solution she needed to making the panacea! Sasuga Hawk-sama .

I love how Hawke talks about the monsters getting bad in his homeland and Sei's takeaway is that she'll need to go there to clear it up when Hawke is just thinking of bringing her home to meet his parents .

Is this the first time we've really seen Sei use her powers this season ?

Ah, nice cover story. Of course this kingdom founded alchemy and just so happened to find a forgotten recipe for panacea that they just so happened to use to make it for the prince. All for the sake of fostering good diplomatic relations !

Ten'yuu may never know that Sei is the Saint or the alchemist, but he knows she helped save his mother all the same, and that's what matters .
Old 2023-11-07, 13:31   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta say that was a pretty clever way to resolve things without causing a serious issue. Not like the Prince has the means to know how the King really got those potions or honestly the motivation to question him on it. So they can pass those along. And now this Prince is going to be really determined to keep good relations between their nations and honestly to do something with his life that will allow him to repay this debt.

Even if he suspects Sei, he can't be 100% sure. Especially with the talk about her working with a legendary alchemist. So he may simply have to believe that she went out of her way to ask that alchemist for help. He can still be grateful to her, but who knows.

Hawke is such a good dude. Really helped resolve this situation.

Honestly Sei and Hawke could just move things along and no one would mind here.
Old 2023-11-07, 14:12   Link #52
zeross87

yup this feel as abrupt of an end to this arc as it felt in the novel. i wish there was more time spent on sei researching the recipe and comming up with a solution but it's just "oh random enconter with honey, here is a panacea".

Quote:
Especially with the talk about her working with a legendary alchemist. So he may simply have to believe that she went out of her way to ask that alchemist for help.
in the anime they said "passed down on the royal family" and in the novel they hamer it home with something like "we have this thing in storage since a few hundred years so we're not sure they still work". it was made clear that it was not freshly made by an available alchemist but rare once in a lifetime treasure that will not be replicated ever again.
Old 2023-11-07, 16:46   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
yup this feel as abrupt of an end to this arc as it felt in the novel. i wish there was more time spent on sei researching the recipe and comming up with a solution but it's just "oh random enconter with honey, here is a panacea".

in the anime they said "passed down on the royal family" and in the novel they hamer it home with something like "we have this thing in storage since a few hundred years so we're not sure they still work". it was made clear that it was not freshly made by an available alchemist but rare once in a lifetime treasure that will not be replicated ever again.
They did say it like that. But that seems to be the one thing the Prince didn't buy. At the very least it's the most doubtful part of it. Either he can draw the conclusion Sei got the King to pull that stuff out of storage or she got her alchemist friend to work on it and the King passed it along. He should know well enough that sort of stuff can't come directly from Sei considering the immense value.

The important thing is that they hid Sei being a saint from this guy. All the stuff to consider, he's not going to easily draw the conclusion that Sei is a saint that made this thing herself.
Old 2023-11-07, 19:02   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This arc turned out to be rather boring. I just hope they're not going to forget Sei created a freaking panacea and not have her produce it exclusively from now on. I wish we had seen the process: is it very taxing on her to make it? How did she make sure it did cure all ailments?
Old 2023-11-07, 21:43   Link #55
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Sei takes up the task to make a cure all potion Panacea for Tenyuu and yet again its thanks to Hawke to give her the idea for growing a whole apple tree in a few seconds

So Hawke coming to see Sei the frist thing when he comes back
Old 2023-11-07, 23:13   Link #56
scififan

The green roof implies Japan's Heian period building, but the red painting on the windows is suggesting traditional Chinese fashion. The book he is reading has geometric shapes, but the text includes words such as "Japanese professor", "peacock butt", "childish", "lucky", "ethics", etc.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyone can make apple and honey potion, but the one with instant healing power is only made by someone from isekai. Anime surely loves pharmacists living in isekai. Perhaps, cosmetic products are the best sellers in Japanese pharmacy.

Anime pharmacists liked to invent cosmetic products, and those products became instant best seller. This type of research was rare for the real life pharmacists. The real life pharmacists were known for inventing soda drink. Sei might consider about this new franchise.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-07, 23:18   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This arc turned out to be rather boring. I just hope they're not going to forget Sei created a freaking panacea and not have her produce it exclusively from now on. I wish we had seen the process: is it very taxing on her to make it? How did she make sure it did cure all ailments?
I guess it depends on how much she can use up that tree, especially since it was made from what little saplings they could scrape together on short notice.
Old 2023-11-09, 01:01   Link #58
Alchemist007
*Author

I can somewhat appreciate the finagling with politics they have to do to get what they want, without revealing things they don't want to or being 'inappropriate.'
Old 2023-11-14, 12:02   Link #59
scififan

It is time for Sei's marriage. The king and ministers figure that it is not possible for Sei to return to Earth. Sei's fellow makes confession to her, but she is clueless and thinks he is joking. After he admits defeat and mentions "that guy" and walks out. Sei has clue who "that guy" is and emitting shining light. If she ends up going honeymoon with "that guy", the shining light would be in her room all day long.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-14, 12:06   Link #60
AntonKutovoi

Er.... OK. Aira and Liz were acting really... errr let's say like "cousins" in the first half.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote