2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-07, 16:29   Link #41
ices
Working Hard

Lesson learned: there are new term for family, it's called Guild

Every player have been lost in a foreign land when the Apocalypse happen. They separated from their family. They has no clue how to go back home. They don't know how long they will be in the game.

Some people maybe could live alone. Mind their own business. Going solo for everything. But eventually, their inner self will tell them that they need someone by their side. Someone that they could protect. Someone that will protect them. They need a family.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:16   Link #42
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Kinda silly for spies to wear badges so openly imho. They might as well walk into the city square or Guild Centre and shout, "I'm here to spy your secrets! Welcome me like the guest I am wwwwww!"
They don't really need much in the way of subtly for what they're doing at the moment. All they're doing is visiting the city like plenty of other Landers, and taking a look around. It's not like the Adventurers have sealed the city against Landers, or are known to be imprisoning any. Indeed, most of the Adventurers treat Landers as scenery and would be unlike to pay attention to small details like an official ring, or thing much of it if they did.
Old 2013-12-07, 18:39   Link #43
Johaocarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Kinda silly for spies to wear badges so openly imho. They might as well walk into the city square or Guild Centre and shout, "I'm here to spy your secrets! Welcome me like the guest I am wwwwww!"
Spies need a secret code for know other guy is too a spy. That rings are too small for get any attention, except from a guy that know what it is.

The hacker ate my homework!
Old 2013-12-07, 18:41   Link #44
Johaocarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Well, in the world of Elder Tales, they are human; the immortal monsters are the adventurers. Up until then, from the perspective of the People of the Land, adventurers were semi-robotic avatars that barely spoke to them, and went around doing nonsensical things, like dancing naked on a mailbox or running into a wall for hours on end. One of the main things that caused the People of the Land to notice the Apocalypse is that the adventurers started to act like humans; while the Apocalypse brought everyone into the world, to the Landers, barely anything changed until they noticed what happened to the adventurers.
Spoiler:

The hacker ate my homework!
Old 2013-12-07, 18:44   Link #45
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Been wondering who was that "Valkyrie"-looking girl standing with the great glasses duo Krusty and Shiroe. So it's Raynesia-hime. And does that mean she is one of POTL? I smell a possible love rival, poor Akatsuki.

And who pays the POTL for their daily npc-jobs?

And been wondering about the POTL.......I'll let the pic below speak for itself.

Is this true for them?
Old 2013-12-07, 19:01   Link #46
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

are they marking every People of the Land with a ring? (edit : oh well... it's only implied for Eastal Kingdom people)

well, Shiroe should gained many respect... I think his proposal is simple but also flawless
maintaining relationship with People of the Land.. only Shiroe could think about that
Shiroe even found out the proper way of living in the world

leaving aside that... Isaac is very funny with his cool act
everyone visiting Log Horizon guild hall, eh? so popular...
I'm glad we finally could have a proper chat between 5 Tea Party members
Curry scene is priceless...
while Touya and Minori still cute as usual

hopefully it won't be a food war in future arc
now.... waiting for another week T__T

Last edited by ~Yami~; 2013-12-07 at 19:15.
Old 2013-12-07, 19:19   Link #47
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
And been wondering about the POTL.......I'll let the pic below speak for itself.

Is this true for them?
Shiroe said in episode 5 that adventurers are the abnormal ones in this world because they can revive after dying and can get so powerful. That pretty obviously implies that Landers don't revive.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-12-07, 19:40   Link #48
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Well, in the world of Elder Tales, they are human; the immortal monsters are the adventurers. Up until then, from the perspective of the People of the Land, adventurers were semi-robotic avatars that barely spoke to them, and went around doing nonsensical things, like dancing naked on a mailbox or running into a wall for hours on end. One of the main things that caused the People of the Land to notice the Apocalypse is that the adventurers started to act like humans; while the Apocalypse brought everyone into the world, to the Landers, barely anything changed until they noticed what happened to the adventurers.
*Adventurer sitting in the city center*

LV90 ASSASSIN LFG TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL. PLZ SEND TELL
Old 2013-12-07, 20:43   Link #49
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Do remember, earlier in the series, Shiroe and party also realised that their bodies in this new world are literally a tier above normal human levels once you reach sufficiently high levels. They experience very little physical fatigue or lasting injuries from normal environmental effects.

The only thing that is they have to really watch out for is mental fatigue, which they touch on later during the various battles in the new arc.
Old 2013-12-07, 22:46   Link #50
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

This is shaping up quite well. This showis waaay better than Sword Art Online.. I am glad it lost its reputation of being called an SAO rip off because Log Horizon really explores human behavior when a 'Lord of the Flies" scenario happens.
Old 2013-12-08, 00:02   Link #51
Kyu Renjo

It is just me or the animation quality is just going worse each episode?

Very good episode, missing some good lines from novel but overall every important context are brought smoothly and clearly. And lol Isaac. And NGGGGGH Raynesia. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
This is shaping up quite well. This showis waaay better than Sword Art Online.. I am glad it lost its reputation of being called an SAO rip off because Log Horizon really explores human behavior when a 'Lord of the Flies" scenario happens.
The difference of those two are already explained multiple times by many people in many forums & threads, but simply, for me, SAO is the "solo" side of the game when Log Horizon is the "community" side. There are existed, people who play game for the sake of level advancement and being strongest; but most of MMORPG gamers are liking to join guild, doing PvP and PvE, trading and selling, and doing raid, so I can relate more to LH, and enjoy it more too.

~ "Save you from anything" ~
Old 2013-12-08, 00:08   Link #52
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It's also helped by the fact that the main cast is a little more medium aware (well, for the video game aspect) and genre savvy than your average SAO-er.
Old 2013-12-08, 00:19   Link #53
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johaocarl View Post
Spoiler:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Couldn't resist using this image. I can picture the Landers seeing the adventurers like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Renjo View Post
but most of MMORPG gamers are liking to join guild, doing PvP and PvE, trading and selling, and doing raid, so I can relate more to LH, and enjoy it more too.
You forgot the gossip and drama llama which usually takes up most of the time in between those activities.
Old 2013-12-08, 02:10   Link #54
Divini
Senpai!

So I just had the most random thought - From Shiroe's discovery that the adventurers can incite technological advancement much like the real world. I'm imagining how the Elder Tale society advances their society: Maybe technology might advance far enough to invent a form of electricity. Eventually people will tire of having to organize things by paper all the time, so the computer would be invented. Perhaps people will want a quick way to share information and invent the internet.

Then, perhaps one day, someone will come along and say "Hey, wouldn't it be neat to create a MMO?"
Old 2013-12-08, 02:33   Link #55
Eclipze

I don't think that saying the "landers noticed the apocalypse/changes to adventurers" would quite make sense if Elder Tales was originally just a typical MMORPG.

Common MMO knowledge is that with the exception of WoW (and a few other MMOs out there) and its NPCs being killable by opposing faction players, most if not all NPCs are in fact "immortal/immune". Considering the lack of factions for the cities, I highly doubt they could have been killed when it was still an MMO.

Remember, if Elder Tale was a typical MMO, it means that all the NPCs in the game (or landers in this case) would in fact behave according to how they were programmed, repeating the same lines (or cycling through various sets) whenever a player clicks on them, or move/act in a fixed manner. That the landers we see now are capable of showing emotions (in the town Shiroe went to for the rescue, as they were being terrorized) and thinking/acting on their own (traveling to Akiba after hearing rumors on the delicious food) would indicate that the landers are not the same "codes" that existed in the game before.

This could mean two things:
1) The original ET was a game made based off the world that Shiroe and everyone else is currently stuck in. For whatever reason the players got sent to the world.
2) It was never a proper game to begin with (ie it was a creation via magical means that played like a game, but was in fact an interface for which players could control an avatar in that world, using it to interact with the environment and people.

The "game-like" elements such as the user interface (friends/item/skill list etc) and items failing to be crafted/cooked properly by the players that lacked the appropriate skill levels, could actually be part of the world's "nature/law".
Old 2013-12-08, 03:01   Link #56
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Btw, it's probably mentioned in the thread somewhere already, but one line that did get cut in the episode, due to NHKE censorship and all, was Shiroe saying "Rape is absolutely not tolerated, and should be met with the harshest penalty available" while laying out conditions of the governing.

The fact Brigandia was dealing in human trafficking and slavery was cut last episode as well.
Old 2013-12-08, 03:22   Link #57
tsunade666

well, they don't show demigross whoring the landers to the players. they only show brigandia as bunch of thugs that steal possession of landers and players but its not been strongly implied or shown that they running prostitution using the women of the people of the land and imprison/harass/attack/rape female players.
Old 2013-12-08, 03:38   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Btw, it's probably mentioned in the thread somewhere already, but one line that did get cut in the episode, due to NHKE censorship and all, was Shiroe saying "Rape is absolutely not tolerated, and should be met with the harshest penalty available" while laying out conditions of the governing.

The fact Brigandia was dealing in human trafficking and slavery was cut last episode as well.
Speaking of punishment, what exactly is worse than "death" in that world?

I enjoyed this episode a whole lot. Shiroe is a fantastic protagonist without stretching the imagination.
Old 2013-12-08, 03:55   Link #59
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Speaking of punishment, what exactly is worse than "death" in that world?

I enjoyed this episode a whole lot. Shiroe is a fantastic protagonist without stretching the imagination.
Since you can't die, I am guessing you'll be ignored to the point of non-existence with the guild and bank off limits until you're out of town like Hamelin or torture.
Old 2013-12-08, 04:43   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Interesting, so the NPCs are organized and have agendas of their own...
Closed Thread