AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 9 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-04, 03:10   Link #41
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Pain and suffering. That's all my heart is full of.
Old 2016-09-04, 04:01   Link #42
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Give it up, Nork! That dream lost.

You know it's going this route...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...and you're going to love it.
No! There are other ships I will support.

Images

If you can read it, here's some more fan theories on this ship.
Images
Old 2016-09-04, 04:17   Link #43
Kakurin
大佐

Too much shipping talk here, I couldn't care any less about shipping in Love Live, heh. Anyway, very funny episode. The Kurosawa's stole the show, although You's cooking face and Yohane's shark sleeping bag were great too. Also, happy to see Sunrise learning from the Kotori debacle of the first season. They handled the piano competition/Riko thing with Chika very well. I already had horrible, horrible flashbacks when I saw Riko receiving the mail and then be clearly troubled but not speaking out on it at the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
Also, my best girl literally can do almost everything.
My goodness, they turned Youkisoba into Niceoodles? How retarded do you need to be to do this?
Old 2016-09-04, 05:27   Link #44
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
My goodness, they turned Youkisoba into Niceoodles? How retarded do you need to be to do this?
I'm not fond of the translation myself. And Niceoodles is surely not the exception, I tilted my head several times throughout the episode because of translations that aren't very accurate.

To address the Niceoodles though, this is most likely how the translator came to translate it. First, You loves puns. She renamed the Yakisoba into Yokisoba (not Youkisoba). The following is anyone's guess, but if you kanjify it, it could technically be written out as 良きそば. The 良 (yo) standing for "good; nice". Since just translating it as Yokisoba would possibly mislead people without a hint of knowledge of the language to actually believe that's what the food is called, they had to call it something else so it became Niceoodles in order to keep the pun in accordance.

Like I said I'm not fond of the TL myself, but then I have to be honest and say, I'm not sure how I would have translated it myself otherwise.
Old 2016-09-04, 06:49   Link #45
kitten320

To be honest I never really understood Riko/Yohana ship. Seems the crackiest of the crackiest and yet dam popular.
Old 2016-09-04, 07:40   Link #46
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
To be honest I never really understood Riko/Yohana ship. Seems the crackiest of the crackiest and yet dam popular.
Riko calls Yoshiko "Yocchan"; she never gave a nickname to anyone else.
Old 2016-09-04, 08:22   Link #47
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
Riko calls Yoshiko "Yocchan"; she never gave a nickname to anyone else.
Wow, I didn't notice that. That's kinda cute.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 10:23   Link #48
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Agreed. Considering I've even seen gifs with Riko's face being plastered on other characters during interactions with Yohane.. Cracky. Very cracky.
Well, people have said Yohane is like Nico and Riko is like Maki, so that could be a reason.
SleepingTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 10:26   Link #49
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

yohane is getting worse and worse each episode
Old 2016-09-04, 10:56   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is just like the original series, which I only started to love after all the girls were assembled.

With their problems now resolved, the third years can now fully shine. Dia turned out to be much more extrovert than I had anticipated. There were quite a few moments with her that made me laugh. Overall this episode was great fun, while still managing to retain good drama with Riko and Chika.
Old 2016-09-04, 11:11   Link #51
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I think Dia should be the comically serious one with OCD tendencies. Now, I saw her as similar to Nico Yazawa with those smug faces!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 12:05   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Give it up, Nork! That dream lost.

You know it's going this route...

Images

...and you're going to love it.
I became a ChikaXRiko shipper thanks to Episode 10, really. The one thing I didn't like about it is that it made me feel sorry for You. So thanks to a discussion with Seihai elsewhere, I've been warming up to Youhane!

Seihai brought my attention to Sunshine's ED, and how it shows You and Yohane holding their hands in a special way.

Spoiler for Fallen Angels and Ship Captains:

It's not much by itself, but it's certainly a start.

I also can imagine a couple ways for this to work plot-wise.

1. Maybe Yohane notices You feeling sad/lonely due to You noticing Chika becoming closer to Riko. Yohane might be able to relate to You here because of Yohane's own chuuni history (including Yohane staying home from school for awhile). Maybe Yohane reaches out to You to try to cheer her up, and that could help a lot.

2. You and Yohane could bond over costuming. You designed the costumes for Episode 3, and as far as I can tell, You is still designing costumes for Aqours. Yohane designs a lot of her own costumes as part of her Fallen Angel persona. So maybe You and Yohane team-up to design the costumes for the final Aqours live performance of Season 1. Heck, that could even end up being what causes those Aquarium costumes to come into existence (and those are very nice costumes, maybe my favorite Aqours costumes of them all).

Just a couple speculations there.
Old 2016-09-04, 13:29   Link #53
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. You and Yohane could bond over costuming. You designed the costumes for Episode 3, and as far as I can tell, You is still designing costumes for Aqours. Yohane designs a lot of her own costumes as part of her Fallen Angel persona. So maybe You and Yohane team-up to design the costumes for the final Aqours live performance of Season 1. Heck, that could even end up being what causes those Aquarium costumes to come into existence (and those are very nice costumes, maybe my favorite Aqours costumes of them all).
I love this idea. At first, I thought the You and Chika issue would be resolved similar to Kotori's and Honoka's issues, so instead of getting an offer to study costume design abroad, You would be offered some kind of swimming scholarship. And seeing as saving the school is again one of the motives for competing in LL, one more parallel doesn't seem too far off.
But sometimes, things change, for better or worse. You and Chika will always be friends, but now that there's someone else in Chika's life, naturally their relationship will change. It'll suck for You. It'll keep sucking until Chika chooses You (not happening on my watch) or You moves on.
You may take on the role Kotori had, but personality wise, they're pretty different. Kotori was willing to follow Honoka to the ends of the earth, and Honoka equally cherished Kotori's support. I hope You will find her place in Aqours a bit differently.
Old 2016-09-04, 13:45   Link #54
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
yohane is getting worse and worse each episode
Do you hate Tabasco?
Old 2016-09-04, 15:03   Link #55
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
My main hope is for You's importance to Chika to suddenly not escalate to make a complete trio. Chika and Riko have been uplifting one another through the series on top of living in close proximity to each other with the balconies to match. You also literally gets put on a bus to leave Chika and Riko alone throughout the series . The Koi ni Naritai AQUARIUM PV paints a story of You feeling left out before forming an even trio, but given Sunshine!!'s events themselves and You's lack of presence it's easy to wonder how that'll work. It also makes it easy to wonder whether what Sunshine!! has ended up doing fell in line with what Sunrise could've intended through their promo materials and what-not, and whether having only a year took its toll more than it should. Discounting the promo material in the assessment of Sunshine!! proper, however, and there's no need to copy Koi ni Naritai AQUARIUM PV's story beats. μ's' 2nd years were all tight throughout the OG, but Aqours' 2nd years are two soulmates and a childhood friend. Chika and You's relationship had an early adorable familiarity that's been tuned out by the fingers of a master pianist, and Riko isn't stopping the music anytime soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Do you hate Tabasco?
UNBELIEVABLE!!!
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 15:15   Link #56
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
My main hope is for You's importance to Chika to suddenly not escalate to make a complete trio. Chika and Riko have been uplifting one another through the series on top of living in close proximity to each other with the balconies to match. You also literally gets put on a bus to leave Chika and Riko alone throughout the series . The Koi ni Naritai AQUARIUM PV paints a story of You feeling left out before forming an even trio, but given Sunshine!!'s events themselves and You's lack of presence it's easy to wonder how that'll work. It also makes it easy to wonder whether what Sunshine!! has ended up doing fell in line with what Sunrise could've intended through their promo materials and what-not, and whether having only a year took its toll more than it should. Discounting the promo material in the assessment of Sunshine!! proper, however, and there's no need to copy Koi ni Naritai AQUARIUM PV's story beats. μ's' 2nd years were all tight throughout the OG, but Aqours' 2nd years are two soulmates and a childhood friend. Chika and You's relationship had an early adorable familiarity that's been tuned out by the fingers of a master pianist, and Riko isn't stopping the music anytime soon

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Maybe You can secretly play an instrument and will try to win Chika's heart with that. I wouldn't be surprised. You can do almost anything.

And I swear that Mari sounds like she said "UNBELIEBABLE". I thought she was into metal, not American pop. :P
Old 2016-09-04, 17:02   Link #57
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Like I said I'm not fond of the TL myself, but then I have to be honest and say, I'm not sure how I would have translated it myself otherwise.
It's fairly easy, you don't translate it. You don't need to translate every single damn thing. A good translator knows what has to be translated and what not. The pun is nicely chosen in the original form because it's both a pun on what you theorised and also because it also can be seen as including her name in an abridged form. If you want to retain some form of pun but make it clear that it is a pun and not the actual name of the dish (which in any case would be completely moot seeing how Mari and Yohane call their dishes), then just write it as You-kisoba.
Old 2016-09-04, 23:11   Link #58
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Not sure if these should go in the image thread, but I believe they're kind of related to the current discussion, so...

Spoiler for As always, the fanbase is fast (and poor You):

Funny how can I easily picture the first and third years going the 3 way easily (Maru and Mari are the initiators), but the seconds are basically an all out fight for Chika.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 01:03   Link #59
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Fan artist are quick and heartless. lol
Hang in there, You!
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 02:05   Link #60
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Ironically, all of this isn't making me resent Riko, but Chika instead..