AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2014-03-20, 11:33   Link #41
Key Board
Carbon

I think AI-L-Elf is more likely to happen than AI-Haruto
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:16   Link #42
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I think AI-L-Elf is more likely to happen than AI-Haruto
He'd basically be Zordon now.
Old 2014-03-20, 13:24   Link #43
Key Board
Carbon

would pay to see that

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Maybe in a director's cut that explains the ending. What motivated me to write about this is that Dr. Tokishima called Haruto the Ultimate Life Being even though he knew his son piloted the red Valvrave and that's how you die. If this theory is true, then Valvrave wins an award for biggest troll ending ever.
You don't see any Ghost Marie in there, do you?
Besides, he died because he chose to run out of runes and burn out

look at Shoko 200 years later. It's possible to persist that long assuming you "eat" properly
but Haruto stopped doing that after the Phantom Ship revelation

Even if he became an AI he would probably just delete himself
He chose to be a martyr
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-03-22, 00:15   Link #44
Key Board
Carbon

http://i.imgur.com/RuGDGkD.jpg

Stolen from the internet. From the last LN

it's basically Okouchi? statement mentioning that they understand there were criticisms on how there were a lot of character material and a lot of the initial premises that were under utilized

Okouchi? than says he given a chance, he would like to work on Valvrave again and cover this material. For instance, how the Golden Seven came into being

Okuichi? really wanted a S3 did he?

The questions asked bellow is also interesting
"Was the journalist Burnett on the magius side?"

Too bad the screen shot doesn't show the answer
Old 2014-03-22, 00:33   Link #45
Kurohane

Isn't the LN written by another author?
Old 2014-03-22, 00:56   Link #46
dreamweaver537

I'm sad that the anime stopped.
dreamweaver537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 01:24   Link #47
LightDragonman

Same. Here's hoping for a third season to be announced soon.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 03:01   Link #48
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Isn't the LN written by another author?
It was. Apparently this is a special interview section?
Old 2014-03-22, 11:26   Link #49
Fjoergyn

Okuchi had his chance and we know the result

I'll wait for the April event if there is any announcement
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 11:59   Link #50
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Okuchi had his chance and we know the result

I'll wait for the April event if there is any announcement
Yasuko Kobayashi. Let her take a shot.
Old 2014-03-24, 17:59   Link #51
Golos

You can read the light novel epilogue and its translation here.

Quote:
Okouchi? than says he given a chance, he would like to work on Valvrave again and cover this material. For instance, how the Golden Seven came into being.
I prefer reading my favorite VVV fan-fiction stories to more of his writing.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 19:05   Link #52
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
You can read the light novel epilogue and its translation here.

I prefer reading my favorite VVV fan-fiction stories to more of his writing.
That's basically the anime epilogue just dressed up a bit to give the appearance that it contributed something. The reality is that, it only gave insight on what Saki, Akira & Shoko were thinking at the end. Nothing else was changed or added apart from confirming that there are indeed factions & the identities of the other two Galactic Empires. ie. We still don't have most of the answers we wanted.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-03-24 at 21:17. Reason: Added just a small tid bit & corrected grammar.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 19:58   Link #53
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Still a shit ending, first narrator is Akira talking some factions between the existing world and how Satomi's descendent really resemble him to the point where she will called him "oniichan" by accident. Totally a tearjerker for Akira, I can't believe that damn siscon didn't choose to be by her side and will actually abandonment her again. But this time permanently...

The second narrator is Shoko and speaking of Shoko, why can't you just fucking die for god sake? You served no purpose in story, done nothing useful at end and yet that shit Haruto treat you like a second coming of Jesus for Christian. Why is you the one who have the right to narrated but not Saki who actually deserved all the rights to. Not Saki who actually had development with Haruto and whose heart is made out of 100 percent steel and LOYALTY. Fucking at end I don't know her feeling about anything at all and yet you causally talking about how the Kamitsuki died protecting everyone include you and these damned traitor.

Rant over, goddamn all these people, they all suck, Okouchi or whoever. Saki is said to be the favored b the producer yet it seem like they all have a fucking grudge with her or something. Nothing about her in ending for her fans, no reaction to Haruto's death and anything other than the fact that the reason she holding on is to a permission by Haruto even after 2 century later. Being Saki Rukino suck, she is way too good for Valvrave.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:42   Link #54
Fjoergyn

And here I thought they were going to give us a decent epilogue

The story deserves a reboot, but Okuchi well away.
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 02:43   Link #55
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Still a shit ending, first narrator is Akira talking some factions between the existing world and how Satomi's descendent really resemble him to the point where she will called him "oniichan" by accident. Totally a tearjerker for Akira, I can't believe that damn siscon didn't choose to be by her side and will actually abandonment her again. But this time permanently...

The second narrator is Shoko and speaking of Shoko, why can't you just fucking die for god sake? You served no purpose in story, done nothing useful at end and yet that shit Haruto treat you like a second coming of Jesus for Christian. Why is you the one who have the right to narrated but not Saki who actually deserved all the rights to. Not Saki who actually had development with Haruto and whose heart is made out of 100 percent steel and LOYALTY. Fucking at end I don't know her feeling about anything at all and yet you causally talking about how the Kamitsuki died protecting everyone include you and these damned traitor.

Rant over, goddamn all these people, they all suck, Okouchi or whoever. Saki is said to be the favored b the producer yet it seem like they all have a fucking grudge with her or something. Nothing about her in ending for her fans, no reaction to Haruto's death and anything other than the fact that the reason she holding on is to a permission by Haruto even after 2 century later. Being Saki Rukino suck, she is way too good for Valvrave.
Well, I guess I'm lucky I'm not as attached to Saki as you do (being an Akira guy since day one)

If it's any consolation, here's a tiny snippet of the final chapter for the manga focusing on Saki:

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 07:55   Link #56
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
That's basically the anime epilogue just dressed up a bit to give the appearance that it contributed something. The reality is that, it only gave insight on what Saki, Akira & Shoko were thinking at the end. Nothing else was changed or added apart from confirming that there are indeed factions & the identities of the other two Galactic Empires. ie. We still don't have most of the answers we wanted.
I'm starting to think that Galactic "Empires" is not the best term they could have used

I think they should have used Galactic Civilization instead
Old 2014-03-25, 12:32   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Well, I guess I'm lucky I'm not as attached to Saki as you do (being an Akira guy since day one)

If it's any consolation, here's a tiny snippet of the final chapter for the manga focusing on Saki:

And now I am satisfied. Poor Saki though .
Old 2014-03-25, 15:45   Link #58
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post

Oh well. At least we got one answer out of this. We wanted to know what Saki's reaction was to Haruto dying & now we got it. I'm a bit more satisfied than I was in December.

Quote:
I'm starting to think that Galactic "Empires" is not the best term they could have used

I think they should have used Galactic Civilization instead
It depends on the context in which it were used. Its implied that the Third Galactic Empire/Reich, rules over all the planets in their own solar system. It is even shown that the nation itself doesn't even reside on earth. That said, if they're ruling them by exerting their authority over their subjects, then empire would be a more accurate word used to describe the nation.

Having a First & Second empire implies that they rule over their respective solar systems. Idk how the numbering system was designed, works or how the idea & specific order was even conceived in the first place though.

Empires are built through wars, Saki & Akira confirmed that earth was divided into three factions after the "truth" was revealed. 200 years later, we have an empire. Sounds legit to refer to the 3GR as an empire IMO.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 15:49   Link #59
DorkingtonPugsly

My sentiment for the ending/epilogue/manga stuff/interview thing being pretty much what everyone's been saying here.
My biggest qualm though is that there's been pretty much close to nothing in terms of merch/goods. S1 had a few of the obligatory crappy stuff like cellphone straps, but nothing for s2. Where are my beautiful tapestries (of Akira), where are my beautiful daki covers (of Akira), where are the figurines (of Akira)???
Unhappy fanboy is unhappy... >:I
Old 2014-03-25, 20:01   Link #60
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Oh well. At least we got one answer out of this. We wanted to know what Saki's reaction was to Haruto dying & now we got it. I'm a bit more satisfied than I was in December.

It depends on the context in which it were used. Its implied that the Third Galactic Empire/Reich, rules over all the planets in their own solar system. It is even shown that the nation itself doesn't even reside on earth. That said, if they're ruling them by exerting their authority over their subjects, then empire would be a more accurate word used to describe the nation.

Having a First & Second empire implies that they rule over their respective solar systems. Idk how the numbering system was designed, works or how the idea & specific order was even conceived in the first place though.

Empires are built through wars, Saki & Akira confirmed that earth was divided into three factions after the "truth" was revealed. 200 years later, we have an empire. Sounds legit to refer to the 3GR as an empire IMO.
unless I am reading this incorrectly, the 1st GR is only theoretical.
They presume the 1st GR is based around the Magius homeworld, but they themselves have not made official contact yet. Aside from Magius that are marooned on Earth, that is.

That being said, what caused them to be marooned on Earth in the first place? Were they trying to escape a disaster? Maybe the 1st GR no longer exists