AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-09-22, 11:41   Link #21
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Watching The League on F/X and Detroit 187. Holding on until Psych, Royal Pains, & Burn Notice comes back in November.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 11:53   Link #22
Nosauz

^ Dilla how can you stand the league? I mean I love football, I love talking fantasy with my boys but The League is just bad writing and for some reason it's very hard to get into.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 11:57   Link #23
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

*Shrugs*

I'm usually pretty easily satisfied when it comes to TV. I find it to be an advantage when it comes to staying entertained.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 20:44   Link #24
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I'm looking forward to the premier of the only American show I watch - Criminal Minds. I didn't bother watching last season's finale after hearing it was disappointing, but I'll give S6 a chance. Pity how the show didn't pick up again after the amazing 100th episode
I was looking forward to the new season until I heard they were dropping AJ and reducing Emily's role.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 23:10   Link #25
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm a religous watcher of House and How I Met Your Mother, so I'll definitely be watching those every week. I will also be watching Fringe and South Park when they both start up again.

Nothing else has really reeled me in though. I tried Hawaii Five-O, but it didn't grab my interest.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 12:54   Link #26
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for Breaking Bad:

Only update to my list would be updated version of Le femme Nikita . Not very excited but will check it out nonetheless .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-09-25 at 13:06.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 13:30   Link #27
Nosauz

Breaking Bad is the best show on the air and finally we agree on something quality wise. It's so good that AMC is holding it out of contention for next years emmy so that they can give Jon hamm and crew a chance at dramatic emmies. It's hilarious, still I thought I could never get over Bryan Cranston as the airhead hilarious dad on Malcom but man he really showed his range.

I'll update my thoughts on the weeks premieres and update the OP with the show psuedo table.
Old 2010-09-25, 14:14   Link #28
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I Watch House, Raising Hope, NCIS ,NCIS: LA And The Good Wife . I don't ever want House to end
But I Watch Burn Notice And Royal Pains Also
Old 2010-09-26, 10:58   Link #29
Nosauz

My thoughts:

Well the season is off and away there are some studs and there are some duds. This season unlike last years premiere there is a lot less focus on comedy and we have seen the return of big dramas due to Lost's end and NBC return to broadcasting scripted fair at the 10pm slots during monday to friday.

As a disclosure I won't talk about why I like on returning shows as most people have already picked the shows if their were planning to watch but I will throw up what I am watching that is a hold over from last season.

Old Stuff:
How I met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Two and a Half men, House, Chuck, The Good Wife, Glee, Parenthood, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, The Mentalist, Fringe, Community, 30 Rock.

New Shows:
This is interesting especially with the slew of new shows especially after the flop of last season and quite a few shows dieing last year.

Mike & Molly: The comedy show about two fat people isn't all that great. The comedy is really the simplistic Chuck Lore thing and it just doesn't work with the two leads.

Hawii Five-O: If this turns out to be a typical CBS procedural ala CSI I'll probably drop it. The first episode was decent and Scott Caan is excellent as a lead. Still it felt a little forced especially the resolution of the first episode.

Lonestar: I think this is one of the best of the season, it's pretty smart and I have a soft spot for good Conmen (oh sawyer you rascal). Ray Liota as the conman's dad and Jon Voigt as the father-in-law is a great dynamic, the characters are quite awesome and the amount of possibilities makes this show so exciting, not so cookie cutter and I'm really looking for a good drama.

The Event: Touted as the replacement for 24 and LOST, which is some what stupid because the two shows are not even remotely similar in the directing or story. I like Blair and some of the cast but the show is pretty flat and it really doesn't fill the void that LOST created.

Chase: Not very interesting, people playing hide & seek and is not nearly as appealing as it sounds. Won't be picking this show up.

No Ordinary Family: It's not out so I can only give a description, it's basically a live action The Incredibles, which sounds great, but the appeal for me with the Incredibles was the art style allowed them to do amazing things yet still seem plausible, I just don't thing the CGI can really help them create that same feel to the show, and a good example of this is Heroes.

Detroit 1-8-7: I like the show, the ensemble cast is big, and the relationships aren't all that complicated in the Precinct. I do love the back drop that is Detroit, they do a much better job with the setting then Hung does which is nice to see a declining city and not the bustling cities of NY or LA.

Raising Hope: Everybody Loves Earl meets a baby, the things that they do to that child would be criminal endangerment. This comedy is more aimed at the Git'er Done crowd and I unfortunately don't fit that demo, and this show isn't well written enough to draw me in.

Running Wilde: Gangbuster dvd sales for Arrested Developmental has pretty much shown how incompetent FOX Programming executives are. Unfortunately Ron Howard isn't able to capture the magic of AD. The worst thing is that they thought that Job, Tobius would be enough of the character types from AD would be enough. I really wanted to like this because of Arrested Developments good will but if the show is anything like the pilot I don't think I'll be watching this.

Better With You: It's a show about three couples are related by family/marriage in three different phases of relationships. It's not really entertaining and tries to be the comedy with all three relationship cliches. The only thing I can compare this show is an unfunny Rules of Engagement.

The Whole Truth: It's a show about finding killers, very procedural. It's just something I don't prioritize to watch. If it's a rerun or turns out to be as compelling as Vincent D'onfrino or Sam Waterson I might watch.

Undercovers: The show had a lot of appeal before watching it, it's just not very interesting. JJ Abrams directing is very prominent in the pilot so depending on the production values and improvement in acting I don't think I'll follow this more than 2-3 episodes.

Hellcats: Tom Wellington's planned gig after Smallville gets the axe. Although I find Wellington highly likeable and the fact that Smallville was pretty good when Lex was in, I gave this show a shot. I think that cheerleading just isn't a subject that can be the center focus, unless it's a campy feature film.

The Defenders: It's not out yet, but it's Jim Belluchi and even though According to Jim was not that great, it also has Jerry O'Connel who I like also. And Belluchi wasn't horrible in AtJ but that might have been due to Andy Richter. Anyway it's in Vegas and the notion that these guys will be mavericks in the courtroom seems highly appealing in a very House manner.

L&O: LA: Your standard procedural, and although the sprawl of LA is a nice change from NY, with no Sam Waterson or Ice Cube or a real iconic role the show is just a really lame attempt to spin-off this series that really has had a couple of good roles produced from it's long running seasons.

Secret Millionaire: I don't really like reality tv as a genre unless it's a How To/DIY or a competition style show. In the reality genre I only watch Top Chef, Top Chef masters, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and Good Eats, the last two are more scripted fair than anything but still, the reality thing just isn't all that great for me, because I feel it's a fake attempt to portray reality when in fact after editing it's more scripted fare than anything.

Body of Proof: Not out yet, but it's like cold case/Crossing Jordan. Crossing Jordan just did this genre better based on the pilot so far.

Blue Bloods: I've never really been a Tom Selleck fan, too young for Miami Vice and the times when he was on Friends he was really just a generic guest star. This is one of my favorites of the pilots, it's great, gritty also it's pretty much established itself as a drama more like the Sopranos. Donnie Walberg is good in this and also the setup for the show just feels like it's magic. Maybe we'll have a Shield replacement, finally.

Outlaw: A supreme court judge leaves the highest court of the land to fight for the little guy. The premise itself is so terrible I just can't stand to watch it. I won't be following this at all but the show is just not only insane but also inane from a logical standpoint. To affect change upon the land doing through the lower courts is just not effective. Anyway this show's acting is about as bad as the script which pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for me.

Well that's the run down for most of the new shows, basically not including anything on cable at the moment. I think the best stuff would be the cop dramas, Detroit 187 and Blue Bloods and the last to round out the best would be Lonestar. The worst would be Outlaw, the Event (due to the insane hyping of the show by comparing it to lost) and Body of proof. There are more meh shows than anything but the good shows are really visible and are remarkably good for the current quality of television programming.
Old 2010-09-29, 18:32   Link #30
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Started watching Lone Start yesterday and I found out it got cancelled today -__-
Old 2010-09-29, 18:43   Link #31
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Started watching Lone Start yesterday and I found out it got cancelled today -__-
Wow that fast.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 21:06   Link #32
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Wow that fast.
Fox totally missed the ball on the target audience. While the concept was great, the timing of a show based on a con man living a double life with 2 women is just awful.

It'll probably have a better shot at cable though.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 10:07   Link #33
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I watch practically nothing on the networks except live sports, but I thought I'd give The Event a try because of the hype. I watched all of episode one and half of episode two, then quit. If they'd spent some of the special-effects budget on a better script it might have held my attention more. Cute girls in bikinis are a plus, but I can watch Bikini Destinations on HDNet if I want that.

I'm a bit disappointed that CBS felt no qualms about recycling the title The Defenders for its comedy-lawyering show with Jim Belushi. Maybe that's because none of the CBS execs is old enough to have watched the original drama with E.G. Marshall and Robert Reed. Fine show that was, too. All the nostalgia services seem to run only old sitcoms; I'd love to watch The Defenders again, or even a Kojak once in a while.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 10:34   Link #34
james0246

^There was a moment about half-way through episode 2 of The Event that will drag me back for the third episode. In it, Jason Ritter flashbacks to the moment he met his future fiancé (they meet in a pool). It was a very nice moment, well placed in the episode and very realistic and well done. It is for a possible repeat of a similar moment that I will tune in to another episode or two...

(I do feel your pain over The Defenders...)

As for other shows -

Continuing from previous seasons: Dexter (great intro to the new season); Medium; 30 Rock; Psyche (when it comes back January); Good Wife (another great season premier); The Fox Sunday Night line-up (Cleveland Show and Family Guy had great premiers); Fringe (very interesting premier); ABCs Wednesday night Sitcoms (except Cougar Town).

Will watch more of while airing: The Event (though I will probably drop the title if it loses its Fugitive focus...); Detroit 187; No Ordinary Family (as so long as attention is kept on the family dynamic, I will probably like this show); Raising Hope (I love Martha Plimpton ).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 16:24   Link #35
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Tonight is the new episode of Nikita its been keeping my interests so far and I forgot to watch Raising Hope this week -_-

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 01:08   Link #36
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

is it just me or is Tricia Helfer in the poster for the Defenders. the girl holding the scales of justice. is so looks like her.

benn enjoying some of the new shows. shame about Lone Star. great premise.

anyone watching Lost Girl. good show.
Old 2010-10-07, 09:17   Link #37
james0246

Watched South Park and Ugly Americans last night, and I eagerly await more episodes.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote