Old 2004-11-30, 00:19   Link #21
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, according to a supposedly "official" source:

Spoiler:

But who knows...

EA pilot who will die: Sting

Someone from OP: If this is true, then that kinda limits things. Firstly, Shinn won't die (sadly) because he's the main character, and he needs story development, blahblahblah, whatever. I don't think ol' Laser Barrel will bite it just yet, since there seems to be some sort of mystery between him, Gil, and for some reason, Neo. So that kinda leaves them all out (for now), at least til their story is revealed. Then there's Luna. Well if she dies, what will happen? Her sister gets upset and whatnot, but that's about it. If Luna dies, it's pretty pointless.

So who's left? Minerva crew. There's Taria, there's Arthur, there's Luna's sister (what's her name again?) and then there's the engineers. If the engineers died, who would really care? Shinn would, but meh, all that does is make him angrier. What about Luna's sister? This would be feasible since it gives Luna an excuse to go nuts (hell, maybe they'll even give Luna a SEED mode). Taria and/or Arthur's death would make room for some returning characters (Cpt. Ramius and Andy), but what about Archangel?

So I'm betting on the following deaths by the time half the series is over: Sting, Luna's sister, and maybe Taria (no one would give a hoot if Arthur died now that I think about it).
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 00:52   Link #22
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

I think Stellar will be the first to die.She is weakest of the EA's three enhanced warriors,and always acts as a terrified little girl being afraid of facing death.Although she is going to unfold a tragic love story with our protaganist Shin,which I think is the only use for her,she will die after this before Shin returns to the space.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 00:56   Link #23
sui
gone fishing

Send a message via MSN to sui
If characters are gonna be safe because of their VAs then Lunamaria and Rey aren't going anywhere... but I do agree that killing off Luna really isn't going to affect anyone all that much but killing off Rey would trigger Shinn going nutty [insert and episode or two of angst] and maybe hog some of the spotlight back as the main character and all. Then again Rey needs to have his little lightning flashes with Neo explained before he can die (or he can just off it, and Neo can explain it before he dies, because he is just in last episodes). Of course if Rey does die, then Neo would have to do the killing - but they were pretty even during that episode they fought weren't they?

Personally I'd be sadder if Rey died, if only because he's prettier than Luna.

Sting or Auel are more probable to die first. I can't decide. But one of them has to go so even more drugged up pilots can be brought in. I would think Gilbert would be killed off so someone more anti-natural could step up = escalation in war... hmm sounds familiar.

I'm pretty confident that Shinn, Kira and Athrun just aren't going to die. They all have the divine protection of main characterness. As for Cagalli, I'd hate it but it would make sense.
sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:11   Link #24
wao
OK.

Hehe, I just love these kinds of threads...

Actually, I wonder if Fukuda really has an attachment to those who have popular seiyuus... Or maybe he means that he won't kill them off EARLY (but will still kill them off anyway) because Natarle AND Fllay have the same seiyuu Houko Kuwashima - I'm pretty sure she's popular and famous - and they both conked it in a rather sad way... I'm pretty sure Takehito Koyasu was also quite well loved and I'll wager that Toshihiko Seki has a large fanbase... then again they were only killed off right at the end so hrrrrm.

I'm pretty sure they'll keep Stellar on right till the end. They have designed her to have more potential than the other 2 druggies, and what with all the Zeta<-> GSD similarities it'd follow that Stellar will stay on for some time... and come on, they even gave Stellar a trademark reused-animation that everyone remembers, they definitely won't kill her off any time soon

I think one of the other 2 druggies will kick it - but I won't be surprised at all if Cagalli kicks it. Even if they show her with a Strike Rouge ISWP thingamajig at the beginning, I think it's just to fool the viewers. They seem to be screwing up Cagalli so much and throwing her further and further down the pit of unlikability, and unless she magically becomes l33t enoguh to survive on her own... Seeing that Orb is going to enter a war also...

But I think the most most most likely person to die first will be Meyrin, Luna's sister. Good plot device. Maybe Shinn and Luna might now have the whole "dead sister" sentiment to share.
Old 2004-11-30, 02:14   Link #25
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
I don't think Stellar will die first. I seem to remember somewhere...maybe the intro or one of the commercial break shots...that Stellar and Shinn were in some sort of romantic embrace. But I could be mistake...

How good would it be if Shinn dies ASAP hahahaha

But that'll never happen...

Hmm... Oh and I read in a previous post that Cagalli was engaged?!? To someone other than Athrun!?? W-T-F?!? If I was Athrun I'd bitchslap the other guy out of the solar system.

Back on topic though...first to die? My vote goes to Lunamaria. Her death would kinda be like Nikkoru's death by thermal blade dismemberment. The shocking death of a comrade would throw the ZAFT newbies into a fit.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:28   Link #26
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
They can't kill Meyrin!

I don't think Sting will bite the dust actually, since he's the druggie leader and general nice guy when it comes to protecting his teammates. Of course, this could open a way to off him in a noble sacrifice way protecting Stellar or Auel.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:32   Link #27
FRiED

Maybe Lacus Clone will die.
FRiED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 05:53   Link #28
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Misay says Stella diezors~ Cuz Four diez an Destiny = Zeta henze Stella = Fourz

Hence if Fourz getz brainz blownz upz, Stella 2z!

I felt like being a retard...
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 08:47   Link #29
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
They can't kill Meyrin!

I don't think Sting will bite the dust actually, since he's the druggie leader and general nice guy when it comes to protecting his teammates. Of course, this could open a way to off him in a noble sacrifice way protecting Stellar or Auel.
Why can't they kill Meyrin? She's perfect cute-person-dying-horrible-death-bait. Just like Shinn's sister! Who was also voiced by the same seiyuu, mind you...
Old 2004-11-30, 09:34   Link #30
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
I ll support any of those character's death
Shinn "sister's complex" because he is just too annoying and cocky, and because his gundam "power ranger combining module" impulse is teh lamest i ever saw ( i even find gundam X's gundam better :/ )
Lacussu "voiceless singer" klein because she just reminds me too much of ming may and more partially because i hate her.
Cagali "brainless" yamato because she is becoming a really annoying even if i really liked her in the first season, but i think she is choking athram.
Taria "haircut" captain because i just can t stand her voice and her charadesign should never have passed throug crobart research.
Blond gay looking guy (dont even knoz his name after 7 eps....) because he s just a copy paste of Mue Lafraga and a very bad copy ( by copy i mean the nemesis plot)
Phatom "lamest helm ever" Pain : see blond gay looking guy for reasons.

appart from those i don t mind seeing a lot of other character die but those are just for the one i ll like to see disappear very very fast.

I tend to mike anime where most of the main character die.
fav anime -> berserk
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 13:41   Link #31
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
Cagali "brainless" yamato
Cagalli's last name wasn't "Yamato". That's Kira's adoptive name. If you're trying to go by their real last names, then that would technically be Hibiki. Cagalli's adoptive name is Cagalli Yula Attha.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 18:52   Link #32
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
It seems that the writers' blatant attempt to make people dislike Cagalli is working out fine. *SIGH* And I thought she was one of the more spunky characters in SEED.

Personally, it seems to me that she's destined for the Big Character Dump in the sky...

Hell, we're all lucky Tomino isn't in charge of this one (he's semi-retired?), he would kill off all the old SEED characters with one shot and make sure all the females died...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 20:07   Link #33
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
I think the existence of Cagalli Yamato is against the law =/
Old 2004-11-30, 20:45   Link #34
Strike
Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRiED
Maybe Lacus Clone will die.
to me i think all the clones should die
b/c this whole clone thing is screwing me up
Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 21:42   Link #35
Evan
天使我爱你

Sting = Oruga
Auel = Crot
Stella = shani

Hm......I'll go with Cagalli dying first...
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 21:49   Link #36
FRiED

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
Sting = Oruga
Auel = Crot
Stella = shani

Hm......I'll go with Cagalli dying first...
HELL NO !!!
Old 2004-11-30, 21:56   Link #37
FRiED

Maybe Jibril's Cat lol
Old 2004-11-30, 22:08   Link #38
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
to me i think all the clones should die
b/c this whole clone thing is screwing me up
Yeah man, I freakin hate clones. Who thought that was a good idea? That one Mwu LaFlaga clone sucks balls compared to the real Mwu LaFlaga. At least the real one had a funny personality. This one's just like Raul Cruze. F*** I forgot that Raul Cruze is a clone himself!! SOO MANY CLONES AAYYYEAYEAYAEYAYHHH

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.p...dinterview.wmv
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 22:30   Link #39
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRiED
Maybe Jibril's Cat lol

OH come on, Jibril looks so much like a serious version of Dr. Evil with his cat!

Last edited by Colonel-; 2004-12-01 at 00:32.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 22:33   Link #40
omegastar

Well... I'd dare to say Auel...

Why? think about it. He looks like the guy who won't switch sides easily, and wouldn't look good being a "Deaka" or something. Plus, if he dies then that will do some development to the other two.
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote