AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-29, 17:24   Link #1
Critias

[GSD] So....who's gonna die first?

You know some main characters have to be "offed" by the end of this series.

Who do you guys think the first to die will be?

I'm betting on Sting.

Chaos Gundam has already lived out its usefulness. What more can you do with it? Chaos has no outstanding qualities in MS mode, and it got its a** handed to it in the space battle.

Kinda reminded me of Blitz in Seed. Once Blitz outlived it's usefulness, they axed off the pilot.

Sting and Chaos it is.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:34   Link #2
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias

I'm betting on Sting.

Chaos Gundam has already lived out its usefulness. What more can you do with it? Chaos has no outstanding qualities in MS mode, and it got its a** handed to it in the space battle.

Kinda reminded me of Blitz in Seed. Once Blitz outlived it's usefulness, they axed off the pilot.

Sting and Chaos it is.
I'd say Sting. Stellar is obviously too important to die, yet anyway. Auel seems like he'd be useful sometime in the future, then again I am biased in my opinion of him. I'm HOPING Lunamaria is just off to a rough start, and they're just trying to scare us. Shinn seems to have nothing worth living for, so he probably would welcome death. Rey I kind of like, though not really, he just has his moments though I think his death would invoke something inside of Shinn, since they're apperently good friends. Athrun I'd say fat chance. Kira, I'd say I'll hunt down the writters and beat the shit out of them, though I'm sure they don't want to lose money by pissing off their fanbase. Gotta sell those Freedom models.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:58   Link #3
Halie

hmm,I hate to say it but I would say sting and luna have a good chance of going first..altho like I said..I would realy like to see luna get the impulse after shinn gets his upgraded gundam..
but you know..they could throw us a curve and kill off the laser..I`d wouldn`t mind him dieing..
Halie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 19:11   Link #4
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

My prediction...

From comparisions with Seed 1, it is obvious at least some of the Drug trio will die in the end.

However, I believe this is an obvious candidate for the first 'major' Death in Seed Destiny.

The Captain, Taria.

That's right. Even though she was suppose to be captain of Minerva, Taria is out-classed tactically by Athrun and Cagali, while out-ranked by the Chairman. She wasn't able to make a single decision without their approval. (You're the CAPTAIN, damn it! Show some backbone!)

It is also true Arthur, the vice Captain, is dissatisfied by her pressence.

Her voice is considered annoying by many, and she even had implied sex...
And we all know that at least one-half of a couple who had implied sex would die in the Seed universe.

Since the Chairman is important to the story, not to mention being the voice-actor for Char, he isn't going anywhere for a long time.

There is also the fact that Murrue, Archangel Captain, is suppose to come back at some stage...

If the director REALLY want to keep the Minerva Captain for longer than 25 episodes, he would have gave her more positive screen time than actually given. I know for a fact that at least one fan-girl consider her repulsive. (She actually believed Fray should be thrown out of the air-lock without a space suit... But she still dislikes Taria MORE!)

At the moment, many are screaming for the return of the Juggly Archangel Captain... And I am one of them. Mituishi Kotono Rules!

Die! Taria! Make room for a REAL leader!

Anyway, my two cents. We will see who's right.
Old 2004-11-29, 19:29   Link #5
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Cagalli's fiance! Athrun would never allow him to marry Cagalli ^^... Actually I won't. Athrun doesn't give a damn anyways >=[ He has Lunamaria >_<
Old 2004-11-29, 19:36   Link #6
Shaoran

Send a message via ICQ to Shaoran Send a message via AIM to Shaoran Send a message via MSN to Shaoran Send a message via Yahoo to Shaoran
On a note, I thought killing off Blitz was lame. By far one of my favorite Gundam designs, though the pilot was a pansy in my eyes. In any case, I'm actually thinking that Lunamaria's sister might die. Then the whole revenge cycle begins and Luna goes into a beserker rage trying to kill every EA mobile suit out there. Thus, Athrun comes in and convinces her that revenge cannot sustain you forever, and wins her heart. Ah well....I can dream, lol.
Shaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 20:14   Link #7
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
I don't think Talia's going to die anytime soon. She's on the Minverva most of the time, so unless there's some outstanding circumstance we can't guess at, they'd have to destroy, or at least badly damage Minerva, killing a lot of other people too. Though, don't get me wrong, I do think she's an incompetent captain. Perhaps she didn't get her job for her tactical skills.....

As for Lunamaria, I think she's just off to a rough start too. I think her poor battle performance is due to that stupid "Gunner" pack that her Zaku has. They're obviously useless, as even Dearka couldn't do anything with it. That type of weapon was fine on Buster, because it was a Gundam. But on a Zaku... it sucks. getting back on track, she did show off a bit of skill when she was fighting Stellar, with that backflip and all. So I think she's got a while yet to live.

So, I'm going with Sting, too. Stellar is far too important. And Auel, I donno, there's just something about him that makes me think he'll end up as one of those psychotic rival guys... but not dead. *shrug*

I only managed to give reasons for characters not to die.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 21:08   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Well, Fukuda seems to be very attached to characters voiced by famous/popular seiyuus, so that rules out the deaths of most of the main characters... Sting or Auel seem to be the logical choice then.
Old 2004-11-29, 21:28   Link #9
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

Send a message via ICQ to gunners2787 Send a message via AIM to gunners2787 Send a message via MSN to gunners2787 Send a message via Yahoo to gunners2787
i say Cagalli would have to die first...? Chaos, Gaia and Abyss have to stay until the final battle before they are AXED of the series.... Cagalli on the other hand could die first because if she's there than Athrun would never have the other Lacus.... i know Cagalli has a Strike Rouge IWSP but that doesn't mean that she could live! hehehe
gunners2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 21:30   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787
i say Cagalli would have to die first...? Chaos, Gaia and Abyss have to stay until the final battle before they are AXED of the series.... Cagalli on the other hand could die first because if she's there than Athrun would never have the other Lacus.... i know Cagalli has a Strike Rouge IWSP but that doesn't mean that she could live! hehehe
Well, according to a supposedly "official" source:

Spoiler:

But who knows...
Old 2004-11-29, 21:47   Link #11
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias

I'm betting on Sting.

Sting and Chaos it is.

SHIN will die first..
Seriously, he needs to die first..
Hes an annoying character that just needs a quick death and let the series goes on..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 22:23   Link #12
Strike
Strike

Talking

i agree w/t ryogax
Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 22:45   Link #13
Halie

ooo,I like that idea too..kill him off and give Luna Impulse..
Halie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 22:59   Link #14
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halie
ooo,I like that idea too..kill him off and give Luna Impulse..
Ray should pilot impulse..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 23:25   Link #15
Strike
Strike

Thumbs down

personally i don't think any of them should get impulse, i mean impulse can get shot dowm to easily while tring to connect all 3 parts
Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 23:28   Link #16
RaiderDT

Send a message via AIM to RaiderDT
bang bang bang and now your dead impulse for being so freakin slow..... serves you right ya idiot
RaiderDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 23:31   Link #17
RaiderDT

who here does like the impulse?
Old 2004-11-29, 23:32   Link #18
RaiderDT

ahem hello anyone there?
Old 2004-11-30, 00:09   Link #19
Keppers

I think I'd rather have Auel die then Sting. I was impressed by the way Sting seems to reassure Stellar after she was so stressed out from Auel using her block word on her. It makes me think that maybe he's kind of the father figure of the group (possibly just the team leader) that keeps them working together smoothly... although... if thats the case, they could do some interesting stuff with his death.... hmmmm
Keppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 00:15   Link #20
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
I'd say Sting. Stellar is obviously too important to die, yet anyway. Auel seems like he'd be useful sometime in the future, then again I am biased in my opinion of him. I'm HOPING Lunamaria is just off to a rough start, and they're just trying to scare us. Shinn seems to have nothing worth living for, so he probably would welcome death. Rey I kind of like, though not really, he just has his moments though I think his death would invoke something inside of Shinn, since they're apperently good friends. Athrun I'd say fat chance. Kira, I'd say I'll hunt down the writters and beat the shit out of them, though I'm sure they don't want to lose money by pissing off their fanbase. Gotta sell those Freedom models.
Spoiler for Zeta Gunam & Destiny speculation:
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote