AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-16, 16:30   Link #21
Rasty

For me, Will is a rare case of a "good guy" acting for selfless goals who doesn't come off as a hypocrite or idiot. I get his motivation and understand why he is doing the things he is doing and can empathize with him, despite me not always agreeing with what he does, like deciding to face the dragon or the selfless help itself.

Also a rare case of (westernish style) religion being treated seriously, but not negatively in the JP context. In the same vein, I pretty much liked the trope inversion of the fat bishop who goes to parties, mingles with nobles, and overall comes off as a total scumbag being actually a pious man doing everything he can for the people, including things that make him look terrible. Also was fun to find out he is actually skilled in "divine magic", but doesn't practice it openly to not shame the faith, since he is aware of his reputation.

Btw., do you think the anime will get to the next arc, or will the second season be solely focused on the dragon?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-16, 16:56   Link #22
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

The short story where Will and Bee went to the Magic academy was from the volume 5, which is the latest one. But considering the tempo I doubt we'll get the remaining part of it adapted.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 03:01   Link #23
Lex79

Yeah I really liked the part with the bishop. First you see him and immediately think ok, he's the archetypal corrupt priest, the young priest is the good guy. Then we find that the bishop is actually a pious man and so one starts to suspect that the other priest is only pretending to be nice but he's really the evil mastermind. The truth? They're both good, just playing different but still needed roles.
This series is good, I hope I'll be able to see the ending one day.
Old 2023-11-17, 04:31   Link #24
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

The problem is, author is curently battling with some mental issues so there was no new volume since 2017 I think. The latest one has it's own story, but it is not the ending.
Old 2023-11-19, 01:25   Link #25
scififan

It is interesting to see "Thorin" and "Aragorn" form fellowship and defeat a hydra with samurai killer moves.

The second season is more entertaining than the first season. In the first season, William is too determined to play a hero role. The druid girl worked to hard to make his story into an epic. They are more relaxed for in the second season. They are friends, but no romantic involvement. In the second season, William plays the role of savior. He constantly use power to purify cursed land and cursed souls.

Even Meneldor is a half elf, he knows elf's understanding of the time: see you soon means see you a year from now. The story still depicts Meneldor as the subject of joke, as William's "girlfriend". After defeating the hydra, an elf girl is in Meneldor's arms. His time has come. Finally, there is potential romance in Meneldor's life.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 07:31   Link #26
larethian

I actually forgot Will got isekai'ed here if he didn't mentioned it this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
The problem is, author is curently battling with some mental issues so there was no new volume since 2017 I think. The latest one has it's own story, but it is not the ending.
Sadge. It's been so long that I feel it's too much to hope that this series will get a proper continuation and conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The druid girl worked to hard to make his story into an epic. They are more relaxed for in the second season.
If you're talking about Bee, she's a troubadour, which is equivalent to a bard in typical high fantasy fiction/games. Bards typically give buffs to the group with their skills (and some protect them from debuffs), related to their performance/composition of epic tales in their songs and poetry, giving inspiration and raising morale. And some dabble in spell casting, thievery, and swashbuckling. Very far from what defines a druid, who would prefer to stay away from cities, commune with nature and have the ability to command plants and animals.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 08:26   Link #27
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

Sadge. It's been so long that I feel it's too much to hope that this series will get a proper continuation and conclusion.
There is still hope. Like the authors of Isekai Shoukudo or No Game No Life had long hiatuses but made more volumes after (author of Log Horizon is actually infamous for inconsistency as he can drop a lot of story at once one time and go silent for a couple of years another time). And Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry ended recently (the author was busy with a different LN series and had a hard time concluding this one for a few years).

Last time I checked the author addressed it in social networks that he is getting better and want to continue but is not well enough yet to do it.

It's not the case of Rokka no Yuusha or Black Bullet where the author just gave up on writing due to lackluster sales or fans backslash.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-11-25 at 13:26.
Old 2023-11-25, 13:23   Link #28
scififan

The elf villagers fell ill, and William use his power to heal them. So, only some elves are vegetarian. They eat vegetables as one of discipline to achieve immortality. I thought the definition of elf as long life, and it was close enough to be called immortal. Anyway, the elves guide the party to the castle. The pressure emitting by the evil dragon force everyone on their feet. Only William is able to break the magic. Now, the dungeon crawler scenario is going to happen.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-27, 02:09   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I like Elven pride. It's not arrogance, it's living up to ideals of courage and solidarity even when it demands immense self-sacrifice.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 10:42   Link #30
AntonKutovoi

Valacirca is no joke.

And Nobutoshi Canna's voice acting is bloody awesome.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 12:28   Link #31
Tenzen12

I feel like Will would need miracle to win. And by miracle I mean literal help from god...
Old 2023-12-09, 14:43   Link #32
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Like he has a favor of two Godesses, so he has a chance.
Old 2023-12-17, 19:03   Link #33
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Of course Stagnate is female
It was a perfectly fine story, until they added an eternal sister-catfight.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 19:34   Link #34
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Still better love triangle than in majority of isekais
Old 2023-12-17, 21:26   Link #35
zztop

I wonder what the future of the Faraway Paladin franchise will be like given the author's ongoing psychological condition and incredibly slow pacing at writing.

Once Rust Mountain is adapted, there's only 1 sidestory collection (Torch Port Ensemble) up for adaptation, and then that's it. Granted the author has mentioned they are trying to continue, but who knows how long that will take due to his conditions (which are apparently severe enough that he needs medication for it).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 07:46   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
"Gender is just decoration for gods." - Stagnate
Old 2023-12-18, 12:35   Link #37
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
It's still a Japanese story, after all...
Old 2023-12-18, 14:51   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They hid it for a long while, but it was an isekai harem all along.
Old 2023-12-18, 14:59   Link #39
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Since then 2 girls count as harem?
Old 2023-12-18, 15:09   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's just the beginning!

That, or something something Menel.