AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2014-03-13, 18:02   Link #21
Fjoergyn

K obtained movie because valvrave could not, it is much more interesting and less homo

I do not think the staff concerned to provide details of the death of Haruto. The last volume was not so bad in sales, so there is hope with the drama cd
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 18:26   Link #22
Nitestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oh? So Ryuusei no Otome expands on the epilogue?

Do we get to see her reaction to Haruto's death?
The final chapter comes out the end of this month, I believe, it hasn't gotten to that point yet (last chapter ended with her and Haruto arriving to help Akira and Thunder protect the shuttle and begin proceeding with the whole truth revealing plan).

In any case, it changes the details of quite a few events (in addition to adding more scenes for said events), so it doesn't follow the anime that closely.
Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 19:36   Link #23
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Just change the ending in general for a happier ending that let Haruto hook up with Saki please~
Old 2014-03-13, 22:32   Link #24
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Just change the ending in general for a happier ending that let Haruto hook up with Saki please~

That is unlikely, Haruto will have the same fate.

I missed the forum
Old 2014-03-14, 06:39   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Seconded. I actually like Shouko and Saki equally, though.
Old 2014-03-14, 06:55   Link #26
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
It does seem that the LN gave us more info on what happened after the battle with Cain. While no doubt the LN has things different from the anime, they basically ended the same way. Well, it seems this was the situation before the 200 year timeskip, when the Third Galactic empire took over everything. I still feel as if we'll just get summaries of what happened though, because our next point should be Third Galactic Year 214, where we last saw Saki. That scene must have relevance, and once we know what's going on there, we'll have a better picture on how the story will move forward.

I figured the Royalists and New Jior teamed up. The royalists could have taken the opportunity to insert their king into power during that time. The New JIOR kids wouldn't suspect it either. L-elf could have seen and tried to prevent it, but again his major problem is that the Sakimori students aren't as military trained as him.

Fingers crossed for the event.
Well, Lns do have the luxury of having more attention paid to detail than an anime could ever hope of having. So, it makes sense that the Ln would give a bit more exposition on the "after Cain" scenario. It does have differences, that much is certain, but they both have the same general ending, so we needn't worry about canon-ity that much.

For the hypothetical third season, we're either getting a few possibilities:

1. We get a summary of the 214 years between season 2's finale & FutureSaki's time.
2. The series starts at a certain year in the Galactic empire & gradually moves from time period to time period.
3. It is fixed at a certain year & the entire cour is dedicated to the events that transpired throughout that year.

Well, you may have been right when you said that Dorssia's King became the emperor, but we're still not entirely sure since its kinda up in the air. Still, right about now, your theory's looking pretty good.

Quote:
That'll alter the story too much. It has already been established that he died & we even have a 200+ year future that confirms his death. To reintroduce him would make the story contradict its own future-to-be.

The only legit ways to bring back Haruto would be to:

a. Clone him.
b. Use time travel to prevent his death.

But by using the b. scenario, they'd severely alter or altogether erase & replace the future that we're expecting them to have.

Therefore making a. the most likely possibility right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I missed the forum
You're not alone. I miss this forum too.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 07:23   Link #27
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
They'd have to do more and just change the ending to make that work.
They'd need to go way back to the aftermath of episode 12 and make her bond more with Haruto instead of them avoiding each other for two months

Anyway, the factions make sense
1)As many suspected, L-Elf only redirected the hatred towards the Magius. He did not reduce the paranoia.
2)I think the show is finally saying, that yes, there are some people who desire immortality and are curious/want to obtain it.
3)I'm actually surprised there are others besides Lieselotte. Considering you know.. she was starved, under house arrest, and almost dying. I guess there were other survivors as well. And it makes sense that these Magius are a very small minority. Most of them probably died in imprisonment.
Dorsian Royalty support is a surprise. I'm guessing their household is too integrated with magius by now, so they have no choice but to support.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 07:41   Link #28
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
They'd have to do more and just change the ending to make that work.
They'd need to go way back to the aftermath of episode 12 and make her bond more with Haruto instead of them avoiding each other for two months

Anyway, the factions make sense
1)As many suspected, L-Elf only redirected the hatred towards the Magius. He did not reduce the paranoia.
2)I think the show is finally saying, that yes, there are some people who desire immortality and are curious/want to obtain it.
3)I'm actually surprised there are others besides Lieselotte. Considering you know.. she was starved, under house arrest, and almost dying. I guess there were other survivors as well. And it makes sense that these Magius are a very small minority. Most of them probably died in imprisonment.
Dorsian Royalty support is a surprise. I'm guessing their household is too integrated with magius by now, so they have no choice but to support.
It really doesn't have to be like that, just have Haruto lived and he can bonded with Saki within the next couple of century. Then a proper marriage like the way Saki will wanted and that good enough for me. After that Haruto can go die for all I cared. Please also don't turn Shoko into Kamitsuki, just killed her please.

Man I wish the anime wasn't being so damned rushed, at least show some coexistence between the Lise's supporter Magius and the kamitsuki like the novel are. Well now at least it solve the plot hole on why Saki know how to manipulated her runes.
Old 2014-03-14, 07:58   Link #29
Key Board
Carbon

hmm.. well. from what I've seen Haruto WANTED to die and burn out. He hated his existence. So, it was already too late.

So in order for that to change, I think the story needs to go back several months to change that mentality.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-03-14, 08:03   Link #30
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^He had always loathed his existence when he became a Kamitsuki, but I think finding out from his own father that he was "created" for the very purpose of becoming something that isn't human was the final nail in the coffin.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-03-14, 08:05   Link #31
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
hmm.. well. from what I've seen Haruto WANTED to die and burn out. He hated his existence. So, it was already too late.

So in order for that to change, I think the story needs to go back several months to change that mentality.
Then just have a Saki scream at Haruto, that she doesn't want him to die and add in a confession from her too. That at least will change his mentally some what, if that isn't enough, have L-elf join in the fun too.
Old 2014-03-14, 08:53   Link #32
stagrider

Quote:
Then just have a Saki scream at Haruto, that she doesn't want him to die and add in a confession from her too. That at least will change his mentally some what, if that isn't enough, have L-elf join in the fun too.
That would only work if it was Shoko screaming at him.
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 00:57   Link #33
Key Board
Carbon

The show gave little reasons for Haruto to appreciate being Kamitsuki.
and he really was a special snowflake that was screwed over more than your average non-unit 1 Kamitsuki

Had he survived, I suppose it's possible for him to look forward to the good sides of being a Kamitsuki

but that's only a possibility and I think it's a possibility he rejected because he was way too sour over the deal by the end of the show
Old 2014-03-17, 15:42   Link #34
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
The only legit ways to bring back Haruto would be to:

a. Clone him.
b. Use time travel to prevent his death.

But by using the b. scenario, they'd severely alter or altogether erase & replace the future that we're expecting them to have.

Therefore making a. the most likely possibility right now.

Actually, I thought about Haruto going through the same as Tieria in Gundam 00. Becoming the new Valvrave AI, freeing Pino and her brother and to stop absorbing Runes from following pilots based on how different he is from others. (Haruto absorbed Runes from L-Elf several times yet he never died) How about this? Then they can give him an avatar like Tieria to move around
Old 2014-03-17, 17:53   Link #35
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Actually, I thought about Haruto going through the same as Tieria in Gundam 00. Becoming the new Valvrave AI, freeing Pino and her brother and to stop absorbing Runes from following pilots based on how different he is from others. (Haruto absorbed Runes from L-Elf several times yet he never died) How about this? Then they can give him an avatar like Tieria to move around
Now that i think about it. That's a very real possibility. Since Hito took ALL his runes, the possibility that he'd live on as data is very real, we also have that scene with the cockpit showing all his memories as pictures to back it up.

HaruAI makes sense, but question is: would we actually see him like that?
Old 2014-03-17, 20:27   Link #36
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Now that i think about it. That's a very real possibility. Since Hito took ALL his runes, the possibility that he'd live on as data is very real, we also have that scene with the cockpit showing all his memories as pictures to back it up.

HaruAI makes sense, but question is: would we actually see him like that?
Maybe in a director's cut that explains the ending. What motivated me to write about this is that Dr. Tokishima called Haruto the Ultimate Life Being even though he knew his son piloted the red Valvrave and that's how you die. If this theory is true, then Valvrave wins an award for biggest troll ending ever.
Old 2014-03-17, 23:25   Link #37
stagrider

Quote:
Maybe in a director's cut that explains the ending. What motivated me to write about this is that Dr. Tokishima called Haruto the Ultimate Life Being even though he knew his son piloted the red Valvrave and that's how you die. If this theory is true, then Valvrave wins an award for biggest troll ending ever.
I thought he was referring to Kamitski's as a whole for the ultimate life form, and was just propping up Haruto because a.) he is his son and b.) the first to transform.
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 20:28   Link #38
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Yea, that would indeed be a huge troll ending. I don't know if to laugh it off or rage if it actually does come to pass. I mean, considering the amount of death flags the dude collected from beginning to end, we're expecting him to die. So for him to just jump out & say, "hey, I didn't die, I'm just data now" would be really the trolliest thing I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagrider View Post
I thought he was referring to Kamitski's as a whole for the ultimate life form, and was just propping up Haruto because a.) he is his son and b.) the first to transform.
The first Kamitsuki was Marie though.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-03-19 at 10:52.
Old 2014-03-19, 08:59   Link #39
Fjoergyn

I doubt that Haruto is the operating system, I think these pictures are made ​​shoko something to remember.

It would not make sense to have an altar and statue of Haruto if is in the valvrave
Old 2014-03-19, 13:37   Link #40
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I doubt that Haruto is the operating system, I think these pictures are made ​​shoko something to remember.

It would not make sense to have an altar and statue of Haruto if is in the valvrave
Who knows. My guess was that Haruto's AI is just sleeping for centuries until the next time the red unit has to be used.