AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 2 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 30.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-02-13, 18:34   Link #21
Wandering Soul

Poor Raph. Not only was she daughterzoned, but she's not even the cutest daughter.
Old 2019-02-13, 18:36   Link #22
Twi

In the manga at least, Naofumi didn't learn through the Book Shield. Those scenes of him reading with Raph were her teaching him the alphabet. He literally had to work his way up from the bottom there. And Daughter-zoning is the proper response from him. He literally saw her go from a scrawny 10 year old to legal age in like a month.
Old 2019-02-13, 18:42   Link #23
Keila

Well, the key points of the story/progression were included, even if some of the world-building was left out/not chronological/changed.

To be fair, it probably had to be that way due to the nature/context of the content.
Old 2019-02-13, 18:49   Link #24
Galaxian

Me as a WN/Manga reader: Huh? So they had Firo use magic earlier to avoid showing some of her more gruesome kills...

Me a few minutes latter: Well, I guess I was wrong...

Nue's death is actually more graphic here than in the manga.
Old 2019-02-13, 19:28   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Poor Raph. Not only was she daughterzoned, but she's not even the cutest daughter.
Maybe that'll work to her advantage. Build up her womanly charm so she can get herself out of the daughterzone .
Old 2019-02-13, 19:39   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Maybe that'll work to her advantage. Build up her womanly charm so she can get herself out of the daughterzone .
It hasn't had any effect so far (see last ep) but one can hope. I'd say odds are pretty high that Filo is also going to grow up, since she's only a few days old. She looks pretty damn grown up in her bird form, but her mind is still that of a child. On the other hand, that's something the OP would have probably spoiled, so guess not? The show needs its token loli, too.
Old 2019-02-13, 20:03   Link #27
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Spoiler:
I dont follow you there on story spoilers? I've not read the manga, I came to the logical conclusion the 2 events where connected because they were both mentioned literally minutes apart from each other.

Old 2019-02-13, 20:55   Link #28
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I dont follow you there on story spoilers? I've not read the manga, I came to the logical conclusion the 2 events where connected because they were both mentioned literally minutes apart from each other.
As I thought I said earlier OK, wasn't certain. It does seem logical though to connect the two.
Old 2019-02-13, 22:08   Link #29
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier
So does that Book Shield let Naofumi read the writings of this world? Sounds useful.
I thought he was wearing that shield when he gave the potion to the old woman (you can see the edges of the pages there, and the whole thing when he walks outside), so I assumed it was the shield for boosting the potion efficiency.

Since he kept using it during the montage after that, it didn't seem specifically associated with reading, and maybe just something he was generally using during that period, presumably because it helped make the potions he made more effective.

Also, carrying a weird book on your arm is probably less likely to trigger the "Shield Hero!" recognition than a regular shield would.

Oh, also nice that Raphtalia has gotten over her motion sickness.
Old 2019-02-13, 22:32   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One good thing the book does is it doesn't look like a shield.
Old 2019-02-14, 05:57   Link #31
Ultragunner

We should rename the series "Shieldad" instead of "Shieldbro" hahaha
Old 2019-02-14, 10:35   Link #32
maximilianjenus
[E]

As a fellow wn reader, becareful when you point out someone posting spoilers; first, it's not our job, if you are sure they are spoilers just report, since it's usually better to ignore those and talkign about them just calls more attention to them. Second, sometimes they really are educated guesses that a lot of people with no novel knowledge could guess (though I am still a bit suspicious about the guy who "guessed" the business with the queen). Third, a lot of times the spoilers are not spoilers until we point them out , it reminds me when SPOILER aired, it was a VN adaptation, the ending was cute until someone started saying that it was full of spoilers, it turned out that the ending was a metaphor of what happens in the series, including a character's death, which does not happen that often in the vn adaptation (and yes, the person complaining about the spoilers in the ED mentioned character's deaths) , nobody that did not read the novel would ahve figured out that the Ed was a metaphor, so thanks.
Old 2019-02-14, 10:38   Link #33
Sacredus

Well, there is one more thing. WN material got changed and expanded in Light Novel, so posting spoilers from WN might be bad idea overall - even if series is going in same direction.
Old 2019-02-14, 11:09   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I haven't read the WN, it was merely the wording that got me, straight up talking about it as "the same seed"; it got me thinking the person knows something. When I see someone talking in certainties instead of questions or possibilities I tend to think they know what they're talking about.
Old 2019-02-14, 12:03   Link #35
maximilianjenus
[E]

Ah yeah, there is also that, we can consider the wn, the ln and the manga different routes; though I have not read the LN so I don't know if the manga is identical to that ; thus having only two versions of the core story,or if the manga already deviated form the webnovel (I know it deviated form the WN as I read that one) giving us 3 core version... ignoring all the non.core routes of course. for me the anime already feels like it's doing it's own thing.

Rewatchign the anime is being fun, I had already forgotten a few things, like the scene with the bandits for example.
Old 2019-02-16, 11:21   Link #36
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Eh well, at least I lasted 6 episodes. I thought I could do it, but to think it is 2-cour, phew... Learned my lesson though. My friend said to not just write off all Narou LN as terrible, but I have still have yet to be proven wrong. (He did introduce me to an interesting isekai manga though)
So the author thinks the world is bullying him, with some people just being idiots and some people are really evil. And by writing a good story, he plans to gain the admiration of some of the world. And he wants to buy a wife.
Anyways, I'll stick with the other leaf shield hero.
Other leaf shield hero?

Quote:
I'd suggest not going in expecting crap or expecting some sort of self-absorbed material. It seems a real stretch to equate a story that looks at an aspect of how the world sometimes is to "The world is bullying me!" or assume that the person's just trying to make people like him/her by writing a novel. And it's going into crazy territory to suggest something like "he wants to buy a wife". But then if you've yet to find a single thing from Narou that pleased you then I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know whether you've just looked at the wrong ones or your tastes are just far from what I and my fellow fans appreciate, but either way have fun with whatever you do enjoy.
Passive aggressive much?

At least at the moment, given the types of anime we've had (though other mediums are also not much better, just more stuff to pick from) going into an isekai "expecting crap" is pretty understandable. I'd even go as far and say you're crazy not to. I've seen plenty also start fine, then go bad after say 1-2 volumes.

The wave and bitch princess parts are cool, so is the RPG-esque bits. Everything else is kind of misplaced and filler-y. Given I also share the opinion this is really just buying a wife, don't really care for the filo and raph fanservice moments either. This is a problem with many (japanese) isekai. The authors try to do this rollercoaster gimmick of going for really chill out vibes and super action-y times, but it just doesn't work. You're not a god, you can't mix fire and water. It's much better to have a series be all carefree or all action/drama. The end result of trying to mix them into one package often comes off as kiddy and childish, especially in the case of isekai where readers/viewers already have a "leap of faith" from the premise alone.

This episode was pretty boring to me. I can totally get into a series that's carefree, or a series that's a stomp fest, and it doesn't matter if it's deep or shallow, but I'm not into this random pretentious "look how deep we are" shit mixed in with randomness. The world is just not that interesting for it to work. If it was a "how does this village even exist?" freak show every time they came across something I could understand but they're in-universe complexity is that of a lego set, it's only slightly better then a mmo village with only vendors everywhere. It's fine as a background, but can't be made to care for it as a "important plot point" like now. Just summarize it, hint it or overlook it completely. The unrealistic trading, nonsense diplomacy, nonsense permits, nonsense tolls, are the worst. And what bullying, it's just a bunch of assholes, not actual bullying.

Not going to drop this yet like serenade_beta, since I'm sure it will pick up again, but might just leave it to gather dust until shit actually hits the fan. The random vendor being the MVP of the party was pretty terrible. It was also never even explained how shitty mobs could just trap the "hero" that easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Nue's death is actually more graphic here than in the manga.
All I could think of was: what are mortal kombat x-ray moves doing here?
Old 2019-02-16, 12:52   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Passive aggressive much?

At least at the moment, given the types of anime we've had (though other mediums are also not much better, just more stuff to pick from) going into an isekai "expecting crap" is pretty understandable. I'd even go as far and say you're crazy not to. I've seen plenty also start fine, then go bad after say 1-2 volumes.

The wave and bitch princess parts are cool, so is the RPG-esque bits. Everything else is kind of misplaced and filler-y. Given I also share the opinion this is really just buying a wife, don't really care for the filo and raph fanservice moments either. This is a problem with many (japanese) isekai. The authors try to do this rollercoaster gimmick of going for really chill out vibes and super action-y times, but it just doesn't work. You're not a god, you can't mix fire and water. It's much better to have a series be all carefree or all action/drama. The end result of trying to mix them into one package often comes off as kiddy and childish, especially in the case of isekai where readers/viewers already have a "leap of faith" from the premise alone.

This episode was pretty boring to me. I can totally get into a series that's carefree, or a series that's a stomp fest, and it doesn't matter if it's deep or shallow, but I'm not into this random pretentious "look how deep we are" shit mixed in with randomness. The world is just not that interesting for it to work. If it was a "how does this village even exist?" freak show every time they came across something I could understand but they're in-universe complexity is that of a lego set, it's only slightly better then a mmo village with only vendors everywhere. It's fine as a background, but can't be made to care for it as a "important plot point" like now. Just summarize it, hint it or overlook it completely. The unrealistic trading, nonsense diplomacy, nonsense permits, nonsense tolls, are the worst. And what bullying, it's just a bunch of assholes, not actual bullying.

Not going to drop this yet like serenade_beta, since I'm sure it will pick up again, but might just leave it to gather dust until shit actually hits the fan. The random vendor being the MVP of the party was pretty terrible. It was also never even explained how shitty mobs could just trap the "hero" that easily.
If you take another look at Serenade's post, he was kind of insulting the author directly. My thing about "bullying" wasn't about Naofumi but about the author as Serenade suggested that the author is some pathetic guy who thinks the world is bullying him and wants to make people like him, and that the author personally wishes to be able to buy a wife. Insulting an author directly because you're not a big fan of their work is not cool in my book. At least not when you're going beyond your opinions on their personal skill and style and content and actually declaring judgments about the author's own personality or supposed lifestyle.

And honestly I don't get at all just what it was about this episode that you believe was trying to show that they were oh-so-deep or anything. It just did stuff.

Also I noticed no one's made comments about how the merchant didn't once refer to Naofumi as the Shield Hero. You'd think he'd be sitting there talking about how he was taking a ride with the infamous Hero, not about riding with the rumored "savior" with a "god of domestic birds".
Old 2019-02-16, 15:45   Link #38
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Oh you're right. My bad. Read that part as Naofumi not the author.

I take it back. I also do not agree with criticizing the author. Critique or criticism of a piece of art is fine, but not the artist behind it.

Quote:
And honestly I don't get at all just what it was about this episode that you believe was trying to show that they were oh-so-deep or anything. It just did stuff.
I figured it doing stuff was it's attempt at playing the look how smart we are card. I don't know. It's whatever.

Quote:
Also I noticed no one's made comments about how the merchant didn't once refer to Naofumi as the Shield Hero. You'd think he'd be sitting there talking about how he was taking a ride with the infamous Hero, not about riding with the rumored "savior" with a "god of domestic birds".
He didn't seem to care after the bandits mentioned it either.
Old 2019-02-18, 13:09   Link #39
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
I'd suggest not going in expecting crap or expecting some sort of self-absorbed material. It seems a real stretch to equate a story that looks at an aspect of how the world sometimes is to "The world is bullying me!" or assume that the person's just trying to make people like him/her by writing a novel. And it's going into crazy territory to suggest something like "he wants to buy a wife". But then if you've yet to find a single thing from Narou that pleased you then I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know whether you've just looked at the wrong ones or your tastes are just far from what I and my fellow fans appreciate, but either way have fun with whatever you do enjoy.
I was wondering if he was writing about this series to begin with .
Old 2019-02-19, 06:16   Link #40
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

They included so many stuffs in the anime
even manga could not cover them up

I like it though.. I felt that this episode is quite long but they actually manage to scram a lot inside

Filo is the new overpowered addition in the party.. her kick could shatter skull! wait.. she kicked someone's balls before D= is it shattered as well? oh no!

looking at how Raphtalia and Filo started to use magic is great
They're becoming a decent party

I can't get enough of Filo's voice though.. all her action and voice are cute
Closed Thread