AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 2 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 30.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-02-12, 19:28   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2019-02-12, 20:15   Link #2
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/ShieldHeroEN/sta...42780761993216

^2nd PV to episode 6.

Last edited by Demi.; 2019-02-12 at 20:45.
Old 2019-02-13, 11:28   Link #3
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

A travelling merchant job, a dungeon with a mini-boss fight and an item quest, that's very isekai

Raph has not only been daughterzoned, she's even the least favorite daughter!
Old 2019-02-13, 11:32   Link #4
AntonKutovoi

Damn, where was Filo when I was fighting against Nue in Nioh? XD
Old 2019-02-13, 11:38   Link #5
The Green One

Wow that seamstress was quite the maniac wasn't she? Think she's channeling the spirit of all the hardcore Filo fans!

Poor Rahatalia, daughterzoned! Though it was cute seeing her get sulky now that she has to compete with Filo for attention.

Things went well fighting today having a guest star party member to fill the role of rear liner in the fight.

Looks like the other Heroes are out being Isekai Protagonists, sounds like things are going well so far.

Was amusing as well watching Naofumi going bandit on the bandits. He sure seems to meet some weird characters who like watching him go evil on others.
Old 2019-02-13, 12:02   Link #6
Ichinotachi

Excellent episode focused on the mmorpg theme, crafting, learning, then a dungeon to get profit. It was nice too see Naofumi being smart when it comes to the bandits, he got the best out of that situation.

Poor Raph straight to the daughterzone, and Firo looking super cute!
Old 2019-02-13, 12:15   Link #7
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, better daughter-zoned than pet-zoned I guess. And from the voices of the bats I take it that Naofumi still has some lingering fears that those with him will betray and hurt him.

I also like how Filo's already learned her job: if I see the spear guy I kick him!
Old 2019-02-13, 12:40   Link #8
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep6:

Old 2019-02-13, 12:44   Link #9
HandofFate

I liked that Nao charged the guy for the ride, since it was a reasonable rate, and the fair exchanges makes these types of interaction easier.
Old 2019-02-13, 12:47   Link #10
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Wow that seamstress was quite the maniac wasn't she? Think she's channeling the spirit of all the hardcore Filo fans!
She definitely seemed to have been channeling Henrietta from Log Horizon.
Old 2019-02-13, 13:41   Link #11
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-13, 13:42   Link #12
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 6 Comments/Feedback:
Old 2019-02-13, 13:47   Link #13
dotdotslash

A bit too many still frames, although it is difficult to see how they'd make it through all this content without it.

I don't mind shortening of the fight sequences (non-spoiler: in the LN they are much more detailed) although it felt odd that they basically jumped right to beating the robbers, but hey they did get to them taking all the loot.
Old 2019-02-13, 14:21   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Filo is cute. Raphtalia is still the best though, loved seeing her pouting. Poor girl was daughterzoned but she still has hope ("Naofumi-sama, you do care about my body"). I would have liked to see more interactions between the two girls.

Filo is strong as fuck. She freaking cracked that Nue's skull. Naofumi will definitely find she was worth the investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Spoiler:
I haven't read the novels/manga/whatever and it's super obvious to me the seed Motoyasu used and the cursed one described on the stone are one and the same. It's not like they were trying to be subtle there.
Old 2019-02-13, 14:27   Link #15
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Filo is cute. Raphtalia is still the best though, loved seeing her pouting. Poor girl was daughterzoned but she still has hope ("Naofumi-sama, you do care about my body"). I would have liked to see more interactions between the two girls.

Filo is strong as fuck. She freaking cracked that Nue's skull. Naofumi will definitely find she was worth the investment.

I haven't read the novels/manga/whatever and it's super obvious to me the seed Motoyasu used and the cursed one described on the stone are one and the same. It's not like they were trying to be subtle there.
ok then. Seemed obvious to me too but wasn't sure.

One thing I'm tired of is them translating spells with "fast". I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be "First", or perhaps "erste" (German for "first") since stronger spells have "Zweite" at the start. "First speed" and "First Heal" makes a lot more sense, especially if greater spells have ordinal terms attached as well.
Old 2019-02-13, 15:16   Link #16
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
One thing I'm tired of is them translating spells with "fast". I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be "First", or perhaps "erste" (German for "first") since stronger spells have "Zweite" at the start. "First speed" and "First Heal" makes a lot more sense, especially if greater spells have ordinal terms attached as well.
Yeah, pretty sure Air Strike Shield is supposed to be Erste Shield. It has the same first sounds [Air St ⇒ Erste], and no "rike". Filo's "Fast Tornado" does sound like it starts with an F, though, so perhaps First Tornado. Same with the witch's Fast/First Anti-bind, compared to Zweite Fire Blast.

Basically, it sounds like the translators aren't being given the script, or aren't confirming the spell names like they should be when dealing with game-like terms.

When giving the potion to the old lady, Filo had just hit level 21, and has an attack power of 163. Still increasing at a rate of about 7.75 points per level. (She'd hit 93 at level 12.) Packs quite a punch.

By the time of the Nue fight, Raphtalia is up to level 31, while Naofumi is 27, and Filo is 23. The witch friend is 39.

Most curiously, though, was that Raphtalia and Filo's names were both specified, but the witch's wasn't. That's similar to the three non-Mein party members of Motoyasu back during the duel. It might just be that they're not important enough to have names, but it could also imply a sort of 'guest' status in the party. And that says a bit about the girls other than Mein in Motoyasu's party, and how he's treating them.

And I think we've met all the merchant characters from the OP: Slave dealer, magic shop owner, weapons/armor shop guy, seamstress, and jeweler/accessory merchant. The seamstress looked like she'd gone a couple days without sleep to make Filo's outfit, with the large dark circles under her eyes. She'd fit right in at Comiket.
Old 2019-02-13, 15:54   Link #17
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Eh well, at least I lasted 6 episodes. I thought I could do it, but to think it is 2-cour, phew... Learned my lesson though. My friend said to not just write off all Narou LN as terrible, but I have still have yet to be proven wrong. (He did introduce me to an interesting isekai manga though)
So the author thinks the world is bullying him, with some people just being idiots and some people are really evil. And by writing a good story, he plans to gain the admiration of some of the world. And he wants to buy a wife.
Anyways, I'll stick with the other leaf shield hero.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-02-13, 16:52   Link #18
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
She definitely seemed to have been channeling Henrietta from Log Horizon.
Henrietta was creeper. And a recurring character. That eclipses anything the nameless seamstress did.
Old 2019-02-13, 17:56   Link #19
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Eh well, at least I lasted 6 episodes. I thought I could do it, but to think it is 2-cour, phew... Learned my lesson though. My friend said to not just write off all Narou LN as terrible, but I have still have yet to be proven wrong. (He did introduce me to an interesting isekai manga though)
So the author thinks the world is bullying him, with some people just being idiots and some people are really evil. And by writing a good story, he plans to gain the admiration of some of the world. And he wants to buy a wife.
Anyways, I'll stick with the other leaf shield hero.
I'd suggest not going in expecting crap or expecting some sort of self-absorbed material. It seems a real stretch to equate a story that looks at an aspect of how the world sometimes is to "The world is bullying me!" or assume that the person's just trying to make people like him/her by writing a novel. And it's going into crazy territory to suggest something like "he wants to buy a wife". But then if you've yet to find a single thing from Narou that pleased you then I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know whether you've just looked at the wrong ones or your tastes are just far from what I and my fellow fans appreciate, but either way have fun with whatever you do enjoy.
Old 2019-02-13, 18:00   Link #20
Frontier

I liked Raphtalia protecting a naked Filo from the leering eye of the slaver .

Poor Raphtalia got daughterzoned, the oft-seen third-type of "zoning" after being "friendzoned" or "siblingzoned," and now she has to compete with their walking, talking, transforming chocobo .

So does that Book Shield let Naofumi read the writings of this world? Sounds useful .

It's nice to see Naofumi making a name for himself as an amateur entrepreneur. I mean, he'll help people, maybe even help them more then they could have helped themselves, but he'll be practical about it and at least expect some kind of reward in return. And he's certainly not above using his own reputation as the "evil" Shield Hero to his advantage .

So Raphtalia and Filo have both mastered some magic, and Naofumi has learned some spells too. Can't wait to see him dish some out .

It figures Ren would just go on questing to fight as many strong threats as he could get, but it seems like Itsuki has either been really busy or no one is quite sure what Bow Hero is up to .

I wonder what Raphtalia might have heard in the cave? I mean, she probably heard Naofumi's voice, so maybe something like him saying he could never love her or he'd eventually toss her aside? Not that she seemed to believe it at all since she seemed the least shook up of the trio .

Although I wonder if part of the reason Raphtalia and Filo rushed in there to fight the Nue was so that they could make sure to prove themselves in front of Naofumi ?

Man, Filo really has some amazing kicking power. I wonder if Motoyasu is still feeling her kick to the crotch crotch? Actually, I can't wait until Motoyasu sees little girl Filo, especially since she thinks it's her job to take care of Spear Hero .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
In hindsight I should've realized what had actually happened to that seed. I knew something was probably off about Myne having Motoyasu do something that seemed completely altruistic on the surface. Figures it would probably backfire on them .