Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-09, 19:19   Link #281
Godtype
Face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Athrun
Miguel is 18. The guides, as well as Astray volume 3 say this.

I'm wondering where everyone gets this "Miguel is a bad pilot" thing. Yeah, he was one of the first deaths in the series -- but, if you go by the chronological timeline of the series, this was mostly attributed to what he was piloting. Soldiers typically don't get customized units, or even nicknames, unless they excel in something. The suit manga/drama also show him in a higher rank than the ZAFT boys, as he was assigned to take care of them as they came in.

I attribute Miguel's downfall to the change of mobile suits before the Heliopolis raid. Spoilers for Astray below.

Spoiler:
Yeah, but Kira still smacked him down with Murrue's breasts in his face.
Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:25   Link #282
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Spoiler:
Colour me impressed.
Spoiler:

And they end it by showing the events before and after episode 1 of SEED with the lyrics to "Meteor" and it leaves off with an "Encounters in Space" (PS2 game, not the movie) style ending.

Spoiler:

It almost brought a tear to my eye.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:29   Link #283
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
Spoiler:

And they end it by showing the events before and after episode 1 of SEED with the lyrics to "Meteor" and it leaves off with an "Encounters in Space" (PS2 game, not the movie) style ending.

Spoiler:

It almost brought a tear to my eye.
Yeah that sounds pretty sweet. But something puzzles me, if Miguel was that good, I think he should have been able to a little more against noob Kira, who had zero combat experience. Eh, well I blame his GINN's weapons, and plot contrivance. I'm sure things would have gone differently if Miguel had a GuAIZ...
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:40   Link #284
Re-Sound
Trombe Override!

I blame Murrue's boobs it made Kira stronger!

Well anyways.. I think it's because the writers were on Kira's side or Miguel was just careless.
Re-Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:43   Link #285
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godtype
I have to disagree with you. So far in SEED, they've shown the woman either in bed with the guy (Fllay/Talia) or just getting out of it. I think this is their way of showing that they had sex.
I disagree with this logic. We never saw Andy and Aishia in bed but it was clear to me they were a couple and not a platonic one. I also thought it was implied that Tolle and Miriallia might be up to more than just kissing in a early episode when Mir left Tolles room one morning. So I don't feel that SEED shows all its couples naked or semi-naked to prove they are having sex. This is a Gundam show, not a U.S. Daytime soap! I wouldn't expect them to show everyone having sex to prove they were a couple(s) - for one thing if they did that it would cut into the time allotted for showing battles .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:45   Link #286
Godtype
Face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Sound
I blame Murrue's boobs it made Kira stronger!

Well anyways.. I think it's because the writers were on Kira's side or Miguel was just careless.
LIES!

BOOBS MAKE KIRA WEAK.

WEAKKKKK.

Old 2004-12-10, 11:31   Link #287
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the official site has updated with more Orb characters...
http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/character/main3.html

So Yuuna is confirmed to be Cagalli's fiance, and he likes long-haired woman (hmm... what does this mean? Does it imply that he'll have interest in Lacus in the future? )
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 12:31   Link #288
Godtype
Face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless

So Yuuna is confirmed to be Cagalli's fiance, and he likes long-haired woman (hmm... what does this mean? Does it imply that he'll have interest in Lacus in the future? )
LIES. Yuuna will die before his eyes even get a nibble of Lacus.
Old 2004-12-10, 13:37   Link #289
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, he should first meet Lacus, and fall for Lacus' apparent absolute innocence and beauty, and then willingly hand Orb to her, and then die protecting her, then Orb will be under Lacus' rule and all is well for the Goddess shall bless us all
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 13:40   Link #290
Godtype
Face it.

Quote:
well, he should first meet Lacus, and fall for Lacus' apparent absolute innocence and beauty, and then willingly hand Orb to her, and then die protecting her, then Orb will be under Lacus' rule and all is well for the Goddess shall bless us all

Mock me, will you!?
Old 2004-12-10, 16:41   Link #291
Keppers

Does that Waldfeld/Aisha manga specifically say that he lost a leg or have another image of him without a leg? Cause in that pic that was posted, I can't decided if it looks more like he's missing part of a leg, or if part of his leg is hidden/buried in the sand.

And about the "proposal" in 8. I got more of an impression that Cagalli was upset and saying there was a better way to give her a ring, in that she wanted him to propose to her, but he wasn't. And that he just gave her the ring so she'd remember how he feels about her while he's gone. So Cagalli wants a proposal from Athrun, but didn't really get it... at least thats how I saw it when I first saw it. I'll have to watch it again.
Keppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:28   Link #292
sinistral
SOS団

At least Cagalli knew that she finally belonged to Athrun. Death with Yuuna(what a dumb name for a guy.. he should sex change and enter the FFX-2 world).
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 18:36   Link #293
laboo

Quote:

so he likes the long hair.. hmm... maybe that's why cagalli's hair is short???!!!
just a thought
laboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 18:42   Link #294
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboo
so he likes the long hair.. hmm... maybe that's why cagalli's hair is short???!!!
just a thought

A better thought would be if he cut that hideous mullet off! Oh and can anyone translate that page?
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 20:58   Link #295
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanfredo
You can find all Gundam files at ==>> Censored spam
And I direct everyone else to this thread on this forum about what your site actually has. If you're trying to sell something, go do it somewhere else, but don't represent an image of someone's ass as Gundam files.

And yes, I went to that site, but after making sure the security level on my browser is on high, the firewall active and anti-virus on/up-to-date. Just in case.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-11 at 01:13.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 22:19   Link #296
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppers
And about the "proposal" in 8. I got more of an impression that Cagalli was upset and saying there was a better way to give her a ring, in that she wanted him to propose to her, but he wasn't. And that he just gave her the ring so she'd remember how he feels about her while he's gone. So Cagalli wants a proposal from Athrun, but didn't really get it... at least thats how I saw it when I first saw it. I'll have to watch it again.
Well... I have a feeling that she just wanted to break the silence.

(I mean... I was half expecting one of them to collapse from the blushing fever )

Well... at least Cagalli retained some of her coolness from SeeD, I would be seriously PO'ed if she blushed -> "Athrun" -> Jumps into his arms -> (all that cheesy stuff.)

YAY... 1 more day of waiting
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 06:21   Link #297
wao
OK.

Whoa, looked at the character page... Andrew!! Stop wearing flamey shirts!! X_X;;; He looks as if he's having a HOLIDAY in Orb! (Well, maybe he *is*...)

Regarding Cagalli, I too prefer to think she was trying to break a silence. It would bring her coolness down even lower if she was expecting Athrun to propose to her. That's so girly. -_-

There isn't really much interesting stuff on that page to translate, but yeah, that bastard Yuuna is engaged to Cagalli and likes girls with long hair.