AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-04, 05:17   Link #1
brightman
Ancient Member

Gundam SEED DESTINY (Phase 8 Discussion)

Since Lynnie's not around and she delegated this task to me two weeks ago, here's a brief glimpse at Phase 8:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-04, 05:27   Link #2
Knishman

Send a message via AIM to Knishman
CONGRATS TO MY BOY ARTHURN! But ive lost some respect for ORB, was Cagallis fathers sacrifice for nothing! But i guess they might have dont it because of the Junius 7 incident. I have seen the Episode yet so i cant really decide weather to like ORB or to add it to my COUNTRIES THAT ZAFT NEEDS TO BOMB list.
Knishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 06:17   Link #3
JokerD

Well I'm sure seeing the country reduced to rubble and most of the leadership killed in the last war kinda reduced their resolve a bit.
That and being faced with the prospect of it happening again
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 06:24   Link #4
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
Well I'm sure seeing the country reduced to rubble and most of the leadership killed in the last war kinda reduced their resolve a bit.
That and being faced with the prospect of it happening again
Yeah. Poor Cagalli. Her dad died for nothing. I'm sure Cagalli is against it till the end. She will not forget her father's teaching. Go Cagalli! Go kick some a** and show those new complacent Orb's leader a stuff or two! Thanks for the brief summary brightman!
Old 2004-12-04, 07:46   Link #5
Ansa

*Is currently downloading the raw but has already seen screencaps*

HOLY CRAP DOES THIS NEED TO BE TRANSLATED AND RELEASED ASAP!!!
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 08:11   Link #6
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, Cagalli's dad died to teach Cagalli that it's not a good idea to commit suicide.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 08:12   Link #7
Blaat

Oh boy aren't Athrun and Cagalli cursed now? Because so far I can't remember
Spoiler:
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 08:21   Link #8
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knishman
CONGRATS TO MY BOY ARTHURN! But ive lost some respect for ORB, was Cagallis fathers sacrifice for nothing! But i guess they might have dont it because of the Junius 7 incident. I have seen the Episode yet so i cant really decide weather to like ORB or to add it to my COUNTRIES THAT ZAFT NEEDS TO BOMB list.
Think most of the leaders loyal to Athha blew themselves up along with him, imagine everybody else hightailed it so Cagalli is left with the bottom of the barrel...

Also check out Athrun's pimpmobile! Spiffy!

Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 08:27   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Also check out Athrun's pimpmobile! Spiffy!
The guy gets all the goods doesn't he?

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-04, 08:36   Link #10
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

I'm deeply impressed by the Ignited--Piano Version,I can't wait the OST to be released.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 08:45   Link #11
Ansa

Whats the name of the voice actor for Lacus/Field of Dreams Singer? I want to try and find other songs by her.

I have to say that was a kickass ep, God I want to see Kira get Freedom and go kick some EA/ZAFT ass >.>
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 08:58   Link #12
wao
OK.

Lacus's voice actor is Rie Tanaka.

I can't wait to see this episode. And why the hell are all of you using spoiler tags again, huh?! :<

Ahhh well... really and truly this ep should make me sad, because...

1. Murrue working with Morgenroete: I thought she would be an independant faction but I suppose that is too much to wish for, eh? This spells disaster because she's almost obviously going to be forced into the war that is obviously going to come because Orb just HAD to ally with EA, gee thanks... *sigh* I wish they left her alone, dammit, LEAVE HER ALONE!
It's also so obvious they'll make it so that she goes and has a battle with Neo and then sees he looks a lot like Mwu and I'll fscking KILL something if she goe s all "oh... Mwu... T_T" and go all weird after that.

2. Athrun giving Cagalli the ring: So it turns out the Yuuna thing didn't come through? Well, either way giving the ring cements the relationship which means that there will be a greater attachment form which means that when they get separated or one of them die or something, we get a special helping of angst. I can't wait.

I hope Kira actually said something this episode. j/k, of cousre he'd have to say something! Unless he had a staring competition with Athrun.
Old 2004-12-04, 08:59   Link #13
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa
Whats the name of the voice actor for Lacus/Field of Dreams Singer? I want to try and find other songs by her.
Tanaka Rie...I recommend Mizu no Akashi and Shizukana Yoruni from Gundam Seed if you like her songs.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 08:59   Link #14
wao
OK.

Lacus's voice actor is Rie Tanaka.

I can't wait to see this episode. And why the hell are all of you using spoiler tags again, huh?! :<

Ahhh well... really and truly this ep should make me sad, because...

1. Murrue working with Morgenroete: I thought she would be an independant faction but I suppose that is too much to wish for, eh? This spells disaster because she's almost obviously going to be forced into the war that is obviously going to come because Orb just HAD to ally with EA, gee thanks... *sigh* I wish they left her alone, dammit, LEAVE HER ALONE!
It's also so obvious they'll make it so that she goes and has a battle with Neo and then sees he looks a lot like Mwu and I'll fscking KILL something if she goe s all "oh... Mwu... T_T" and go all weird after that.

2. Athrun giving Cagalli the ring: So it turns out the Yuuna thing didn't come through? Well, either way giving the ring cements the relationship which means that there will be a greater attachment form which means that when they get separated or one of them die or something, we get a special helping of angst. I can't wait.

I hope Kira actually said something this episode. j/k, of cousre he'd have to say something! Unless he had a staring competition with Athrun.
Old 2004-12-04, 09:10   Link #15
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Damn you wao, you already beat me to it...no need to do it again! (yes yes, I know)

Even though Murrue is working for Orb as a technician (I'm assuming), I find it hard to believe that she'd go to war again for EA...though that would set up the meeting with Neo.

Can someone elaborate more on the Shinn-Kira-Athrun meeting? Did Athrun all the sudden decide to take him to church or something?

And yes, that car is friggin' PIMP (looks like something straight out of Future GPX Cyber Formula)...as if Athrun needs any more popularity from the ladies!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 09:10   Link #16
Blaat

So nobody knows if marriage means death in Gundam, unless its off screen?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 09:22   Link #17
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Can someone elaborate more on the Shinn-Kira-Athrun meeting? Did Athrun all the sudden decide to take him to church or something?
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-04, 09:26   Link #18
tatsit

So is Cagalli married to Athrun? Kira didnt even give a ring to Lacus .

I wonder wheres Archangel..
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 09:28   Link #19
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsit
So is Cagalli married to Athrun? Kira didnt even give a ring to Lacus .

I wonder wheres Archangel..

isnt it more of an engagement?
Yea i was wondering bout that myself, where if the archangel.
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 09:33   Link #20
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Imagine most of us are just kinda operating under Naruto forum guidelines for episode discussions. Once a sub appears, tend to stop using spoiler tags. Just seems to be polite I guess.

As for the Archangel, I imagine it's in a dock at Orb somewhere. It's not likely it would have really landed in too many other places on Earth after the war.