Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Thankyou!!!!^^^
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 00:03   Link #722
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot for Episode 298:

The episode starts at 7:16, and yet, I'm not hesitant about giving it a 7.6/10. The animation is a bit better than average, but has yet to match some of the really good animation the series has seen in one of those rare occasion. The character design has also taken a fair number of hit in various frame. Then, why am I giving it a 7.6/10? That's because of....

Spoiler for a brief description of a Sanji moment:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 15:52   Link #723
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

298 was a reasonably good episode. The filler with Robin and the wolf-kun was entertaining. This time, the beginning, that included materials from the last episode, was not bad either, maybe because of the one week break.

Sanji brought the coolness back to the show. Even though he has his stupid moments, he still has the highest coolest factor among all straw hats. And, I am glad they portrayed his final attack pretty well. His red-leg was pretty amazing, and we are already shown the one place he can upgrade to boost his power up, by making two of the legs evolve to red-leg at the same time. But, that point will most probably be the highest level his master had reached, so he needs to go further ahead, if he wants to prove that he belongs to the pirate king's crew.

I agree with monir that showing one or two scene from the Luffy-Lucci fight has become annoying, and actually a little bit absurd. It is not going further, it is just going back and forward with the same step and not allowing anything to happen, it does not even worth as a filler material.

Now, after Sanji, it is Zoro's turn with a fight expectedly full of laughs.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 22:08   Link #724
Funbomb

Send a message via MSN to Funbomb
im on water 7 arc
Spoiler for spoiler:
Funbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 02:27   Link #725
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah it was....kind of way past that now though...
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 10:01   Link #726
Prolific

Spoiler:
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 15:13   Link #727
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It's also wierd how Chopper's pants/hat always grow/shrink to suit his size...and Luffy's clothes also shrunk along with him when he went chibi....

And for that matter, why doesn't Ace's clothes catch on fire? How do all Logias manage to keep their clothes when they turn into their element?
Such questions are beyond logic.
Old 2007-03-02, 14:06   Link #728
Tommy
Mr. Prince

298 Was lovely! Even though it was packed with filler at the begining and didn't have the greatest animation, I am able to overlook all of that because as Monir already stated Sanji is a badass and deserves his moment in the spotlight to shine. And shine he did with his fancy new move . God I love those Sanji one liners .

Also as everyone has mentioned the Luffy vs Lucci filler is annoying... It's quickly turning into the next Oro vs third hokage struggle ugh.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 15:07   Link #729
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Gahaha...at least Luffy and Lucci aren't just standing, facing each other, playing tug-o-war with a soul.
Old 2007-03-03, 17:14   Link #730
Phenomenal
Banned

I actually Enjoyed the Lucci and Luffy Filler!!! Hell, why not show them fight instead of just standing there looking stupid. One of the reason's why I LOVE the anime!
Old 2007-03-06, 21:04   Link #731
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Wow I watched the raw of 299 and even though I couldn't understand most of the dialouge it was still a great episode. I would say the only thing it was missing was a can of spinach for Zoro.
Old 2007-03-08, 21:35   Link #732
Funbomb

im just wondering cause i just saw when luffy beat Blueno(or however you spell his name) with gear 2. before Blueno fainted luffy was going to do gear 3. im just wondering when we get to see gear three or if it isnt out yet then oh well. can't wait to see gear 3 because gear 2 look so cool
Old 2007-03-08, 23:17   Link #733
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Funbomb It'll be awhile. I also Rewatched the 299 today with subs and . It really was a fantastic episode with great pacing. The anime team did a good job with some fighting filler between Luffy and Lucci. And watching Zoro and Kaku bicker at each other is great .
Old 2007-03-11, 15:34   Link #734
Phenomenal
Banned

Episode 300 was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-03-11, 19:40   Link #735
striderm
Adusa #1

Funny how episode 300 aires the same weekend the movie 300 does.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 00:58   Link #736
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The last episode was full of action.

The recap at the beginning was cut around the 4 minute mark (acceptable compared to the 6 minute marks we saw recently), which is a pretty good thing. The anime-only flashbacks did not look out-of-place, another good thing (although Robin's scenes seem to be exaggerated a little, I hope they try to limit those scenes using manga as the only source). And, the flow in the episode seemed much more coherent.

Anyway, despite the use of filler materials, I really enjoyed this episode. But, I cannot deny the fact that I would be more pleased, if they were to portray Zoro's fight in a more flashy manner. He would be highly discouraged if he were to hear that Sanji's latest fight was portrayed better than his.

Also, from the previews, the next episode seems to be the starting point for our long-nose-kun to regain his confidence back and make him sing the sniper-king's song once again loud and clear.
Old 2007-03-12, 16:27   Link #737
Funbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Funbomb It'll be awhile. I also Rewatched the 299 today with subs and . It really was a fantastic episode with great pacing. The anime team did a good job with some fighting filler between Luffy and Lucci. And watching Zoro and Kaku bicker at each other is great .
eh not really its on 288 but it is probaly not perfected version.
Old 2007-03-18, 07:47   Link #738
Grave

Can someone tell me how long left for the anime to finished the EL arc?
how many more episode? Thanks
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 14:13   Link #739
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Glad I waited...It was worth 3 weeks to watch 3 eps in a row!

Ok first off I've gained more respect for Kaku...Yeah I thought being a giraffe was lame as hell, but as the fight progressed into it's final stages Kaku's unusual and weird abilities (and advantages) were quite creative and yeilded far more problems than I would have ever expected (Gimme a break, CUBE-mode?!?!)...In the end he was much better than Wolf-san...I even thought it added a human quality to him when he reflected back in-kind over his time as a Gally-La worker after Zoro finished him..."PASTA MACHINE!!",...Was the $hit...

Glad to see Zoro win, but damn did he struggle for his victory...Neither Franky, Nami, Sanji, or Chopper (in beast-mode) had the type of attrition battle Zoro did...Sanji's ep was cool and suave while Zoro had to bring out every move in the book to get Kaku...and eventhough Blueno got his a$$ mercked I'd say he and Kaku were the only CP9 guys (other than the remarkble Lucci) who could hold their own...

Now it's time for what I've been waiting for for what seems like 2 plus years...Time for pigeon-guy to get his a$$ handed to him...The little pre-fight fight was very awesome and I can't wait to see the fear in Lucci's heart...He's still smug and confident even after getting out-classed...Yosha!!!!! Maybe I'll watch the next ep maybe I'll wait a few weeks again like I did this time....It certainley made a difference...

P.S. That damn pigeon better be useful in some way too!!!
Old 2007-03-18, 14:23   Link #740
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Maybe I'll watch the next ep maybe I'll wait a few weeks again like I did this time....It certainley made a difference...
You may need to wait 5-10 weeks or maybe more to even learn the result of that fight.