Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-07, 19:53   Link #1
#Over Soul
Maburaho Fan

Send a message via AIM to #Over Soul
Unhappy .mkv help!

hey i am a new member here, and i need help with playing .mkv files with either The Core MEdia Player , Window MP Claissc, or WMP 9.

On WMP classic - there r no subtitles
and i dont have the codecs or anythign for WMP 9 or CMP , can someone please help me
Old 2004-01-07, 20:43   Link #2
#Over Soul
Maburaho Fan

Send a message via AIM to #Over Soul
and how come my signature isnt showing up

nevermind
Old 2004-01-07, 23:13   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

First of all, WMP is incapable of showing subtitles on a mkv so don't use it.

For Core Media Player, when you install it, tell it not to install any of the codecs. Then you need to install the MKV components yourself. Since a lot of people have trouble with Matroska files, I've made a list of the components that you want to make sure that you install. All of these are listed on the Media Configuration Guide, so refer to that thread to find out where to download them from.
  • ffdshow-alpha: Used for playing most files types.
  • VSFilter: Used for both OGM and MKV
  • MatroskaSplitter: Necessary for MKV
  • AC3: Audio decoder
  • CoreAAC: Audio decoder
Installing the VSFilter and Matroska Splitter is a little bit different from installing other codecs.
  1. The package ZIP contains a "Release" and a "Release Unicode" directory with either a DLL or AX file.
    • If you're running Windows 98/Me extract the file from the "Release" directory.
    • If you're running Windows 2000/XP extract the file from the "Release Unicode" directory.
  2. Move the file to "C:\WINDOWS\system32".
  3. Go to Start->Run and type in "cmd" and hit enter. This will bring up the command prompt.
  4. For VSFilter Type the following command regsvr32 VSFilter.dll. If you receive a successful message the DLL has been successfully instlled.
  5. For MatroskaSplitter type the following command: regsvr32 MatroskaSplitter.ax. If you receive a successful message the DLL has been successfully instlled.

If you ever want to uninstall the VSFilter or MatroskaSplitter then, run "regsvr32 -u filename.ext" and move the file out of system32.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-01-12, 10:27   Link #4
kyo miu
a dream is to believe

Send a message via MSN to kyo miu
im a new member too! do have any pointers for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Over Soul View Post
hey i am a new member here, and i need help with playing .mkv files with either The Core MEdia Player , Window MP Claissc, or WMP 9.

On WMP classic - there r no subtitles
and i dont have the codecs or anythign for WMP 9 or CMP , can someone please help me
Old 2007-01-13, 06:54   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
First of all, WMP is incapable of showing subtitles on a mkv so don't use it.
though witht he right coecs it is possible :P mine shows it

as for help try this topic first How do I get this fansub to play?

as for Kyo miu, please stop that nonsense spamming and read Forum Rules before posting up tons of messages that have nothing to do with the thread -_-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Over Soul View Post
and how come my signature isnt showing up

nevermind
as for images in sigs, makes sure theyre the right extension and upload them on imagehosting sites, such as imageshack or Photobucket, upload them (for imageshack i think you use the direct link to image and then put it between [IMG] tags to show it, i always use photobucket for sigs and avvy's its much easier to find things back, also make sure theyre within the rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
Please adhere to the rules.
  1. Only ask for GIFs abiding by AnimeSuki Rules
    Please be aware of the size limitations as outlined in the forum rules. Avatars need to be 100 x 100 and under 50kb, Signatures need to be under 500 x 160 pixels and 50,000 bytes.

If you do not follow by these rules, you will be ignored. So don't bother asking again until you properly request something. And if you are just plain annoying, a Mod will come in and give you a time out.
took those from the main hime/mai otome avatar request topic, sorry if theres some parts of rules in it that are about requesting sigs
Old 2007-01-13, 09:53   Link #6
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

It should be noted that the information in the first few posts dates from 2004 and IS out of date. Please check the sticky thread in this subforum for up-to-date information regarding video playback.