AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

View Poll Results: Asatte no Houkou Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 5 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 48.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 37.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-04, 22:27   Link #21
JediNight
キズランダム

Yes that definitely looks like a girl's hand at the end there. I guess Karada goes to her school over the summer break, probably with Tetsumasa.
Old 2006-11-11, 21:40   Link #22
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Yay, Lunar released episode 5!

....hmmm, this torrent is not allowed on this tracker?
Old 2006-11-11, 23:46   Link #23
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I got the same error when I had to back out of the bt client to reboot the
machine and when I resumed I got the same error.

Hmmm. Keep trying I guess.
Old 2006-11-12, 03:24   Link #24
kvnphm1

I really like this series and i hate to see it make a wrong turn. I hope this anime doesn't pull a 180 incest turn like in Canvas 2. Can anyone who read the manga just tell me it doesn't end up that way?
Old 2006-11-12, 08:13   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seeing Shouko starting to play around with the children was pretty touching - you can't find moments like that in many shows, and this one is full of them. I just wish Hiro was able to see her playing along. :3

The preview for the next episode had me all "eee!!", i really can't wait to see how it'll turn out.
Old 2006-11-12, 09:10   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ aye its a great development for shouko...shes slowly but stedily changing into a more open minded/thoughtful person than when she was in adult version ^_^ i didnt like her much in the first ep as she seemed to be very spiteful but now shes growing on me...cute points and all

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-12, 09:41   Link #27
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
The preview for the next episode had me all "eee!!", i really can't wait to see how it'll turn out.
Couldn't agree more. After this episode I really like Tetsu's character. And I hope any romance involving Karada is with him rather then Hiro....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2006-11-12, 09:47   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Couldn't agree more. After this episode I really like Tetsu's character. And I hope any romance involving Karada is with him rather then Hiro....
As we progress more & more into the story.. and i can see more happening to do with Shouko & Hiro, they seem to be understanding one another a lil' bit more. Hopefully if they all turn back to normal at the end - then something shall happen between them.
Old 2006-11-12, 11:11   Link #29
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Insights on ep5 and the series in general

I hope you enjoy.
Old 2006-11-12, 19:16   Link #30
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Eh, I'm not about to think he's going all ecchi thoughts on Karada yet. Probably just becoming aware that she has a rather large chest -- remember that she is larger than Shouko was even ... whatever a G70 is in Japanese cup sizes.
That would be a 32E in US size (also known as 32DD). That's... not typical in Japan.

Despite Karada being that short at her age, her adult form looks like a Barbie doll: Tall, slim, and with an exaggerated figure. Likewise, Shouko isn't the same age that Karada was, but she's Karada's height, which, for Shouko, makes her even younger.

I'm convinced that Karada's wish didn't simply make her an adult as she would be, but made her an adult as she envisioned an adult to be. Likewise, Shouko was made to match Karada's height, which means that her age was chosen based on how Karada saw herself.
Old 2006-11-12, 22:18   Link #31
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I really expected Shouko and Hiro to discuss the situation more. For instance they could have come up with a plan to explain who the hell were those strangers living with him. I know that long talks are not exactly in the style of this series but the three of them just living together as if this was the most natural thing in the world was positively weird. Apart from that I am happy the episode concentrated on Shouko. But Hiro trying to convince her to stay with him was also weird to see - it's not as if she has much choice, he surely realises that?
On a completely different note, I am always having a good laugh when anime characters study in the summer or talk about summer homework. I guess I am just too used to never bothering to study for school in summer.

Old 2006-11-13, 00:06   Link #32
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
But Hiro trying to convince her to stay with him was also weird to see - it's not as if she has much choice, he surely realises that?
I think that's an example of how well Hiro knows Shouko. He knows quite well that if it were made apparent that he knew Shouko had no choice but to be there, she would be more motivated to leave.
Old 2006-11-13, 05:19   Link #33
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Only just caught up with the fansubs.

You know what I'm slightly disappointed with? What happened to the "nothing happens" moments from the first two episodes where literally nothing would happen for several seconds at a time? I thought such scenes did a fantastic job of generating atmosphere and I'm ruing the fact that they've almost disappeared since the second episode.

This ep was quite sugary, which I must admit I wasn't really expecting from this series. What it is continually doing exceptionally well, though, is the subtle character development in all the main three. Some of it's quite subtle, yet noticeable if you pay attention, but all of the main characters are very dynamic and growing in a slow, yet steady pace with every episode. It's a real strength of this series, IMO.

I'm not opposed to the idea of any romance forming between Karada and Hiro (forbidden love is a theme that almost always intrigues me), and even though I'd be a little surprised if it did go down that path, it's not something that's yet to be quashed. On the flip-side, there are still numerous vastly-varied paths this could yet choose to go down. Asatte's take on its premise is such a refreshingly unique one, that it could really do almost anything with it at this stage. But, as far as that scene is concerned, I didn't see anything ecchi about it. I interpreted more as a small lingering fear on Hiro's part of Karada's new body. I mean, at that stage he was still a bit freaked out by the whole thing. Which brings me back to what I was saying about the subtle, yet constant character development, since by the end of the episode he'd seemingly come to terms with it.

I'm not quite as enthusiastic about this series as I was a few episodes ago, since I think mistakes are being made with the execution of the atmosphere that weren't being made a few eps ago. But the story still looks like it's going to be an excellent one, particularly given how dynamic the characters are. Good ep.
Old 2006-11-13, 13:55   Link #34
Asianknight82
Banned

Hiro and Karada aren't related, they haven't explained the circumstances as to how he ended up raising her, but this episode did mention that they weren't related by blood. This was all Shouko remembering what Hiro told her, so it could be a foreshadowing to a future relationship? But, personally I don't think it'll go that route, I think they'll somehow turn back to normal in the end.
Old 2006-11-13, 14:14   Link #35
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
Hiro and Karada aren't related, they haven't explained the circumstances as to how he ended up raising her, but this episode did mention that they weren't related by blood. This was all Shouko remembering what Hiro told her, so it could be a foreshadowing to a future relationship? But, personally I don't think it'll go that route, I think they'll somehow turn back to normal in the end.
In an earlier episode he told Shouko that Karada's parents died when she was two years old and his parents adopted her. And, he didn't consider her his little sister until he went back for his parents funeral and saw how small and helpless she was.
Old 2006-11-14, 18:19   Link #36
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
another good episode it seems that this episode was more about Shouko then anyone else. She has had a lot to digest latley and it seems that all three are living together in Hiros apartment. I think Karada is really starting to see Shouko as a sister and has come to depend on her. Hiro was right when he said Shouko wont admit that shes angry she has kept all that frustration inside and now its starting to flow out. I disagree with her statement that Hiro is just using her he still cares for her its obvious.

THe fact that Shouko had a chance to change her past was great. THis time instead of running off she played with the children i think this is one of the keys to her coming to terms with who she is. That last scene was touching with all three holding hands and heading home with shouko in the middle, they really did look like a family. I can see the series ending in the same manor only Shouko and Karada ave gone back to their original size. Were going to start seeing a lot more questions being thrown around now like i said before its a small town where everyone pretty much knows everyone especially families they cant keep it hidden forever.
Old 2006-11-18, 16:57   Link #37
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A Place to Return

My only complain for this episode was when Kotomi became formally reintroduced to Tetsu by his mother. The color and lighting were too shiny plus the lack of sound, save for environmental noise, made the pacing outstretched and dragging.
I think I attribute the fault most that right now where I live it is a very sunny day which induced a drowsy effect on me. That drowsiness was further exarcerbated when in this episode showed all summer scenes at its peak with intense tones of light.

Making that aside, the episode was Shouko centric. My thoughts right now for Shouko is that she's a little bit too shamelessly selfish. I do not agree with her about Hiro using her to become for a sister figure to Karada only. When Hiro states that she's her usual angry self, Hiro knows much of her than she of him.

I think that Hiro was just as concerned as Karada about Shouko, especially given her current child form, and how she'll make a living all by herself. Though I will convene that if Hiro had said he was worried due to her current form, then he'll have been rude towards Shouko.

Moreover, Shouko is the person type that with her is not enough to give encouraging words to lift her spirits. She needs a push whether physical, literal, or metaphorical to open up.
For example, the girl of her childhood memories extended an invitation for her to play in the group. The boy called that girl to stop doing so, making feel Shouko unneeded. That girl did not CHASE after her to convince her.

Chibi-Shouko relives the same experience all over again in the present time, but the difference lies that this time one of the girls among the group did CHASE after her and instead of convincing Shouko in with words, she teased Shouko in hopes that Shouko will follow the game and come inside; boy, it worked.
Old 2006-11-19, 06:47   Link #38
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Chibi-Shouko relives the same experience all over again in the present time, but the difference lies that this time one of the girls among the group did CHASE after her and instead of convincing Shouko in with words, she teased Shouko in hopes that Shouko will follow the game and come inside; boy, it worked.
So true, they did a fine job portraying how unconfortable it was to Shouko to play with them, not surprisingly how she was treated in flashback. Final scene where they were walking together was one of the most "Awwww" I have seen.

But Hiro, he definitely has some "ideas" in his head. One funny scene was where they were all sleeping on floor, Shouko in the middle and Karada and Hiro sleeping in symmetrical positions.
Old 2006-11-20, 17:12   Link #39
martino
makes no files now

Sweet. So Hiro doesn't know how to behave in front of Karada (who would for God's sake!?); this could turn out in a very interesting way...
Old 2006-11-28, 06:22   Link #40
Pakxenon
popcorn

10/10, ignoring all the "wrong paths".

If only Lunar were subbing this quicker, maybe this forum will be more active...
Closed Thread