AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: If FMA were to include a little romance in the series, who's worthy to be with Ed?
Edward Elric & Roze. 56 12.73%
Edward Elric & Winry Rockbell. 330 75.00%
Edward Elric & Alphonse Elric O_o. 54 12.27%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-13, 01:45   Link #121
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I think its one of those "dummy line" options...
Old 2006-06-27, 15:40   Link #122
mph030

Exclamation

Well, for starters, I think the Ed/Rose thing COULD in theory work out. The only problem I forsee is that Rose is probably a few years older than Edo, but eh; I've dated women that are 2 years older than me. That was interesting, let me tell you o.O''

Elricest doesn't appeal to a straight male that much, but I won't bash it. I can't see it happening at ALL...but there is a large fan base for that particular pairing, so whatever.

Ed and Mustang = not happening, no way. Unless its a slash fic, it aint goin' down. Roy is what 28, 29? Ed's like 17 at the end of the anime, thats illegal o.o''

I'm personally a Ed/Win fan. The manga chapters I've skimmed over are HEAVY Ed/Winry in chap. 46+, which makes me teh happy man, yes it does. Logically, it would also make sense that those two hook up; they're close childhood friends, Winry loves to fiddle around with Ed's stuff anyways (er, his auto-mail I mean), and seriously, who besides Alo knows Edo better? That'd be the spunky blonde mechanic who has a wrench fetish.

Now...huge huge massive spoiler.

Spoiler:

In any case, I think that with that in mind, it makes lots of possibilities appear. Roy/Riza is almost guaranteed, but Al/Winry and Ed/Winry are still big "ifs." Ed could very well be with either Rose or Winry, but I still think Ed/Winry is the most logical, based on the way certain people react to the ending sequence of events. Damn, that was long and drawn out. Phew.
Old 2006-06-27, 20:21   Link #123
Soka-chan

Actually, this is gonna sound strange, but i don't see Ed with anyone.
Roze's too quiet, calm and traditional in every sense of the word for an active, loud, brash and very open-minded person like Ed.
Winry is too like a sister to him-I'm talking about the anime here, guys, cause in the manga Ed/Winry is more than implied-it's completely in the open now. Other possible het pairings-Noa-it's the same as Roze: she's too traditional and weak for a strong willed person like Ed. The only girl with strong will between this ladies is Winry(I think we can say she has too much of a storng will for him, hehe)

As for the other pairings...I love both of them as a fangirl, but I don't see them happening. Roy/Ed, for obvious reaons: they can't stand each other(that's not to mean they're enemies, but they don't regard the other as a friend, much less something else. Al/Ed is very beautiful, and I could see it happening if the world were more open-minded, bt as it isn't, it's not gonna happen. But if they weren't brothers and guys, this pairing would be absolutely cannon-it's obvious that the most beloved person for each of them is the other.
Maybe there's something between Hiedrich-spelling?- and Ed...?(not being siblings but being roomates...)

But in the end, I just see Ed alone. I see him above almost everyone else in courage, thoughts, feelings, beliefs, rate of maturity(by age comparisson) and intelligence. He's way too above almost all of the characters in all this aspects-except perhaps his father and Dante-obviously out of order(though I actually like the pairing of Ed/Dante in a very sick and twisted way of repeating history...)
Old 2006-07-17, 15:33   Link #124
Winry#1

I agree. A little romance wouldn't hurt. I would love to see Winry and Ed hookup or at least acknowledge their feelings or maybe go a few dates. It’s also painfully obvious both have crushes on each other but don't really know it yet. Maybe it’s just too early for them to start thinking about that kind of stuff, after all their still kids.

I agree it wouldn't hurt for just a little romance.
Old 2006-08-30, 13:20   Link #125
missinterception
Missinterception

Talking

I think Ed will eventually have a romance with Roze, seeing how is that he saves her so many times. Although I prefer WinryxEd, Ed seemingly saves Roze countless times, and this may prove their relationship to be. I think Ed and Winry may just stay friends because of their childhood together. They're best friends, and it'd probably be akward if they had a romance together.
Old 2006-08-31, 01:29   Link #126
Forget-Eden
Hagane No Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Forget-Eden
I personally depsise the het couples in this show... I have NO idea why. The only one I can stand is RoyXRiza, but personally I think RoyXMaes is better :P!
If I had to choose one of those votes, I'd say EdXAl... Just no Armourcest please *cringes* it's nastay xD!

I really hate EdXWinry... I don't understand why people like her. *Falls over*
Old 2006-09-05, 09:25   Link #127
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Is there anything to dislike about her in particular ?
Old 2006-09-06, 06:37   Link #128
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Winry Rockbell
WTF... 37 of votes for Alphonse O_O... WTF
Old 2006-09-23, 11:15   Link #129
deaddeath

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
If FMA were to include a little romance in the series, who would you think dear Edward Elric should be together with?

Personally I think Edward would be best suited to Roze! Even though Roze might be a minor character, I'd hope that she might have more spotlight soon to come in the series. (And I hope Ed grows taller too lol)

Ed & Winry? Well I really do not support this couple that much, but I would have to justify my opinion once we get to see more of Winry, then maybe I might reconsider . But at the moment, I believe that there is a strong possibility that Winry and Roy Mustang might hookup! (Their age difference isn't that bad, is it?).

And lastly, Ed and his dear brother Al. I'd totally adore these two with their brotherly relationship!

Time to speculate & view each other's opinions, folks!
- Scrum.
I really think that Roze and Edward really should be together, She doesn't care what color he is. Fat, giant whatever... and I couldn't blame her He's hot with double T's at the end. And Roy and Whinry really need to hook up
Old 2006-09-23, 18:25   Link #130
The Patriot

I would think that Ed and Winry would be a good relationship,it would be interesting..
Old 2006-10-08, 04:06   Link #131
..::Hacker::..
Alone, not Lonely

Location: Sitting by someone I'm in love with but can't have because he already shattered my heart
Send a message via MSN to ..::Hacker::.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..::Hacker::..
I would have to say that Ed and Winry belong together because the've known each other for like ever
Old 2006-10-08, 04:30   Link #132
Kilala642
FMA Freak

First off her first name is Riza and second is I think Roy and Riza Hawkeye would be great together and same with Ed and Whinry. I also see where the Ed and Rose romance would work but she has a kid in the last season!!!!
Old 2006-10-08, 04:32   Link #133
Alone, not Lonely

Location: Sitting by someone I'm in love with but can't have because he already shattered my heart
Send a message via MSN to ..::Hacker::.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..::Hacker::..
I would also say that the Rose and Ed would be good. I just looked at fanfiction.net and found alot of romance fanfics about those two
Old 2006-10-10, 07:36   Link #134
shimplicity

Ed and Winry looks good together and if you had notice that they cared for each other a lot more than childhood friends. In the anime, i think the movie showed the most how much Winry loves Ed.

I think the subtle hints of Ed X Winry is just right for the anime because the main focus is the brotherly bond and their purpose has a much higher priority than a blooming romance.

However, I would love to see more Riza X Roy action because they are adults and thus, it's just natural for them to have love scenes as compared to Ed and Winry.

And so, I didnt vote because there wasn't a Riza x Roy option and who Ed ended up with is a little premature and out of point with regards to this storyline anyway.
Old 2006-10-10, 14:36   Link #135
Ryuji Kuro
Hikari Fan

Send a message via AIM to Ryuji Kuro Send a message via MSN to Ryuji Kuro Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuji Kuro
I think that Ed and Winry would be the most likely choice.
Old 2006-10-12, 17:09   Link #136
Alone, not Lonely

I have to say that Riza and Roy belong together along with Sheska and Louis Armstrong.

What's weird I think is that alot of people at my school says they like Ed and Roy.

I'm not really into yaoi, but I guess it's pretty good from what my friends said. It sounds like an interesting relationship between Ed and Roy
Old 2006-10-12, 17:28   Link #137
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Story wise Roy and Ed makes as much sense as Sheska and Louis Armstrong
Old 2006-10-14, 11:53   Link #138
emothekat
Has a Muffin

Location: I am currently glued to my comp. chair...does that answer you question? T_T *muffin*
I think Roze-san is kinda a wh*re and the EdxWinry thing is to cliche'
But I totally love EdxAl
joke
I think he should meet a girl on a journey of his and fall in love even though he trys to distance himself from people and fall in love, seperate, and remeat somehow in theyre early adult years ^_^
I'm just a romantic like that ;P
Old 2006-10-15, 16:42   Link #139
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emothekat View Post
I think Roze-san is kinda a wh*re
I dont know what you are smoking but must be pretty good stuff....

Quote:
I think he should meet a girl on a journey of his and fall in love even though he trys to distance himself from people and fall in love, seperate, and remeat somehow in theyre early adult years ^_^
I'm just a romantic like that ;P
I think you managed to miss Winry in the same place where you figured out that Rose is a whore.... Chances of Ed confessing anything to Winry allready are next to none, anyone else is a lightyear below zero.
Old 2006-10-15, 18:48   Link #140
emothekat
Has a Muffin

Location: I am currently glued to my comp. chair...does that answer you question? T_T *muffin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Hacker::.. View Post
It sounds like an interesting relationship between Ed and Roy
ew

never never never never no
Closed Thread