Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-15, 22:09   Link #1
poopatrip
Luffyfan

Thumbs up 4kids May Be Lossing The Listence

so i hurd from my frend that 4kids is losseing the listence to one piece
if anyone has any info on this please post it here
also tell me what you think about it and stuff like who you think would pick it up and do a good job with it
(if this realy happends then i know that god is real)

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-16 at 01:45.
Old 2006-09-15, 22:16   Link #2
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i guess so.....there hasn't been any new episodes of one piece on toonami....but i dunno, i'm half and half that its good that they are losing the licensing of one piece....
for one, they skipped alot of episodes, especially for the fillers, and that's what brings us to alabasta arc in two years of one piece (2004) in US and that we actually do have more characters in the latest US exclusive one piece game One Piece:Grand adventure
i mean i got used to 4kids dub....because of the one piece games that came out to US so far....
but from what i heard, funimation maybe taking over.....that's why Eneru and Ohm's dub voices in Grand battle weren't that bad!!
Old 2006-09-15, 22:16   Link #3
Dual247

no info here, just my opinion. but i feel that one piece is so butchered up here in the states that most people are already turned off by the anime version. i dunno, even if some other company picks it up and remain completely true to the original, those casual viewers already feel they've gone down that path already and won't return to see what's new. that's just how i feel. if not, and they start picking up boatloads of fans, then i'd be happy to be wrong.
Old 2006-09-15, 22:36   Link #4
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

* losing *license

-----------
4kids i hate them in opinion.
Old 2006-09-15, 22:47   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you are 18 years old, dont type like you were eating mud at your neighborhood park. im all for using short type but that doesnt mean type how a 5 year old sounds.

my guess would be that alot of new animation would be needed to continue on the series. there are lots of questionable material leading up and through the skypedia arc that 4kids would have to change to continue the way they have been.
Old 2006-09-16, 03:06   Link #6
Chuixupu
Shikachu

4kids did not lose the license.

New episodes HAVE been airing in the UK. They're already almost to the final Croc.Luffy fight. You can even find the episodes on youtube. The new season just hasn't started on Toonami yet.
4kids has a contract for One Piece until 2009. They can't "lose it". They may choose to not renew it when 2009 comes around, or they may choose to sell it at some point, but I can't think of a single time in history 4kids has sold one of their shows.
Old 2006-09-16, 04:57   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopatrip
so i hurd from my frend that 4kids is losseing the listence to one piece
if anyone has any info on this please post it here
also tell me what you think about it and stuff like who you think would pick it up and do a good job with it
(if this realy happends then i know that god is real)
"so i hurd from my frend". Well, with such a reliable and documented source, it must be true!

Let's wait until someone can provide some actual proof of this before even speculating on the possibilities.
Closed Thread